Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who Likes Symbolism?
I've been watching a video about Symbolism. 
I thought it might be interesting to share.
Please over look the music.

Your thoughts?
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I'll have to watch it later.  My house demands my attention now. 
This will give me something to watch tonight.   minusculethumbsup2
That was quite interesting.  I'd seen a video some time ago about symbols that had most of these in it, but this one showed a couple I wasn't aware of...

Like the church doors and windows being in the shape of a vagina.   tinyshocked

[Image: sm2.jpg]    And while looking this up, I came across this building in the shape of   tinywhat 

[Image: th?id=OIP.L0rTX7OnbeNmAF8TEnu6AQDnEs&pid=15.1]   Wow!  

There is so much sexual symbolism in the church, no wonder the priests are raping little kids; they have sex being shoved into their subconscious mind all the time!   I noticed some sexual images in the stained glass windows at the 49:42 mark too.  I'll let you all go there and see if you can see it for yourselves. It's the window right behind the younger guys shoulder.

Very enlightening video.  Thanks!
Symbolism comes in many forms and some, not so sutble.
In the case below, it shows that messages can be placed for reasons that many of us just don't understand.

Marvel pulls comic over hidden Koranic messages.

The comic book giant was accused of inciting religious intolerance after a Muslim artist
referenced a series of Koran messages.

'Marvel comics has removed a book from circulation after a fan backlash against some Koranic messages
in the artwork. In two vignettes of X-Men Gold #1, Indonesian artist Ardian Syaf coloured several hidden
references to passages of the Koran and to Muslim protests against the Christian governor of Jakarta.

The verses were referenced using numbers in two different illustrations.
They were perceived as intolerant by some fans, who complained to Marvel about what they called
"anti-Christian and anti-Jewish messages".

On Saturday, Marvel issued a statement to Sky News denying previous knowledge of the hidden messages 
and adding "disciplinary action is being taken". "The mentioned artwork in X-Men Gold #1 was inserted without
knowledge behind its reported meanings," Marvel said.

Marvel assured Sky that "the implied references do not reflect the views of the writer, editors or anyone else
at Marvel and are in direct opposition of the inclusiveness of Marvel Comics and what the X-Men have stood
for since their creation".

"This artwork will be removed from subsequent printings, digital versions, and trade paperbacks and
disciplinary action is being taken," they added.

In the book, Jewish X-Men character Kitty Pryde is seen talking to a crowd, with the "Jew" portion of the word
"Jewellery" over her head, and the numbers 212 and 51 in the background.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1606]

The number 212 is often used as a reference to the Muslim protest against the Christian governor of Jakarta
on 2 December 2016, which the artist admitted on his Facebook page to draw inspiration from.

"This is a special memory for me," he wrote in response to online criticism.
"The number is a peace act, when a governor did blasphemy to our holy book," he added.

"I don't hate Jews or Christians, I worked with them for 10 years. A lot of good friends too.
For all that happened I apologise sincerely." he wrote.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1605]

The numbers "5:51" are seen in another vignette of the comic book as well. They are on a top that
Russian mutant Colossus is wearing while hitting a ball with a bat.

They reference a Koranic passage which reads: "O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and
the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you
- then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people."

The verse was used by Jakarta's governor in 2016, and led to mass protests by the country's conservative
Muslim population...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.