Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Mysterious 3.5-meter-tall, Two-headed Giant From Patagonia, Named Kap-Dwa
Okay, this is a new piece of history to me. 
Be it true, or not, I'll leave it to your own discernment.

He was said to have originally been captured by Spanish sailors in the 1600’s, and stands at 3.5 meters tall. 
Oh... and he has two heads! tinywhat 

[Image: Kap-Dwa-Giant.jpg]

Quote:The story begins in 1673 when this massive two-headed giant was captured by Spanish sailors where he remained captive until he was killed while trying to escape from his captivators, as the Spaniards killed him with a pike through the chest.

The story fades away after that, but it is believed that his mummified remains somehow got to England in the 19th century.

In 1914, after being passed from one showman to another, the mummified remains of Kap Dwa ended up at Weston’s Birnbeck Pier. There, his remains spent some 45 years on display until “Lord” Thomas Howard purchased the remains in 1959. Kap-Dwa continued to amaze people and somehow ended up in Baltimore Md, in a strange, collection at Bob’s Side Show at The Antique Man Ltd in Baltimore, owned by Robert Gerber and his wife.

You may think, this is nothing but another elaborate fake.

[Image: Kap-Dwa.jpg]

However, Kap-Dwa does exist and the mummified remains can be found in Gerber’s collection.

Mr. Gerber offers a much different story than the above.

Quote:According to Gerber, Kap-Dwa was in fact found already dead on a beach with a massive spear embedded in his chest. The ‘creature’ was mummified by locals in Paraguay—not Patagonia— until an English Captain called George Bickle came across his remains, eventually transporting him to England, to a museum in Blackpool where he stayed on display for several years.

Eventually, the mummified remains were transported back to the Americas to Baltimore.

Read more here/Source

Wow! That is one ugly giant!   tinybigeyes

https://youtu.be/O6GwAqmDz1o
Looks real enough, but with a clearer picture of the neck area, I think it is hard to tell.
It's interesting.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]