Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Masqua from ATS has passed away... : (
There are some people that show up in your life just to make it better and Masqua was one of those.

I remember it like yesterday. The fear of joining into the short stories competitions on ATS...being shy, being French, not thinking I was good enough.

Masqua was the one to encourage me to do so. To stimulate me, he gave me the writer status right off the bat. Back then, you had to win a contest to get the status but Masqua made an exception with me.

And he left a trace. A good honest chap !

I wanted to leave this tribute on ATS but for some reason, I can't reply to the thread there. So I've decided to do it here.

I know for a fact that he was very proud of his art, we actually discussed about one of his paintings once, we were seeing it differently : )

ATS has indeed lost a good man.

For anyone that knew him, outside of ATS, the loss remains the same.

R.I.P Masqua and Godspeed !

Solarius.

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Explanation: RIP Masqua!

Godspeed!

Personal Disclosure: [Very rude message to ATS owners omitted out of respect for the deceased!]
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
I don't remember Masqua from when I was there, but he sounds like a great guy.

May he Rest in Peace

[Image: Rest-In-Peace-R-I-P-1378906997.jpg]
I didn't know Masqua, but sounds like I missed knowing a Great Person.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
May he Rest In Peace. He seemed like a brilliant man with many layers that most will never see. 

I didn't know him at all outside of the name (most on ATS for me are but a screen name. Except Charlie of course, I really liked him. Good guy)

But I find it fascinating (albeit, in a bad way) how the picture becomes full circle once the worst has happened. Not long before I stopped visiting ATS regularly Woodward passed away. He was another that I knew very little about but as he got sick and people started posting his condition I would regularly ATS Stalk him (i.e., read through years of posts to get an idea of who he was) and then it starts to hit you that this person that you don't even have a face to put to the name has passed. 

A real person. 

I find it a bit bittersweet and comforting that when the end comes my online presence will be here forever (until a big flare hits and wipes out modern civilization at least...). 

Pictures, posts, communities, places in the ether of these tubes that my kids will be able to track and trace. 

Sorry for going on there, the point I'm making is I didn't know Masqua at all but after reading the links provided in the ATS link I feel enough of a connection to my human counterparts to say Rest In Peace and mean it. Truly.  tinywondering
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that Sol.

I  remember his name, but I never got to know him all that well as you did.

That was pretty cool of him to give you that 'writers' status. Kudos to him!!

My thoughts and prayers go out to his many friends and family.
Even to ATS, for losing another fine member.

[Image: A1-6_zps79f6f1f2.gif]

a.k.a. 'snarky412'