Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Atlanta Freeway Bridge Collaspes During Fire During Rush Hour
Quote:A massive fire caused a bridge to collapse Thursday night on Interstate 85 in Atlanta, one of the busiest stretches of roadway in America, backing up rush hour traffic for several miles and creating what the mayor called a long-term "transportation crisis."

The huge fire was reported at 6:21 p.m. ET underneath the bridge on the northbound side — near where the interstate merges with another major artery, State Highway 400 — forcing authorities to close the interstate and turn drivers around during the evening rush.

Then, at about 7 p.m., the bridge collapsed in a flaming heap that spewed thick, black smoke high into the air, where it was visible for miles around Atlanta.

Authorities managed to turn back traffic before the bridge collapsed, and Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal said no injuries were reported. But thousands of motorists were locked in place on the interstate as state troopers worked on a way to get vehicles off the roadway.
Deal declared a state of emergency for Atlanta and Fulton County late Thursday night.

[Image: 170330-i85-atlanta-fire-nc_27c3ce363a1d7...0-1000.jpg]

Call me crazy, but how does concrete burn and collapse?  Sounds like another 9-11 hoax to me, just on a smaller scale! 

Quote:The cause of the fire remained undetermined Thursday night, but Deal said in a televised statement that authorities were focusing on the possibility that polyvinyl chloride (PVC) piping commonly used in construction may have ignited for some reason. WXIA reported that large amounts of PVC pipe were stored under the bridge.

Ignited for "some reason"?  Could that "reason" be that a direct energy weapon hit it?  Or, could there have been a bomb placed to ignite it?

Quote:I-85 is one of the busiest freeways in the eastern half of the country, carrying vehicles almost 700 miles from southern Alabama through Virginia. It is an important commercial throughway for trucks making deliveries to businesses and warehouses not only in Atlanta but also in other major commercial centers like Montgomery, Alabama, and Charlotte, North Carolina.

I wonder how long before a terrorist group comes out to claim they are behind this?  And which group will it be? 

This is going to cause a major problem for no telling how long before the bridge can be repaired! 

And here you have it. I feel this is only the beginning of what is coming to America. tinycrying

Read the full story HERE.
Here is another good article:  I-85 Bridge Collapse In Atlanta Brings Headache To 250,000 Drivers A Day

[Image: ap_17090445159286_custom-bd1928f3106ed99...00-c15.jpg]

Quote:Transportation officials in Georgia are scrambling to cope with a crisis, after a huge fire caused a bridge on Interstate 85 to collapse in Atlanta on Thursday night.
Gov. Nathan Deal has declared a state of emergency, and with the heavily used road closed in both directions, drivers are being told to find other options — from detours to mass transit.
The shutdown affects a roughly 3-mile portion of I-85, blocking a major artery that runs through the heart of Atlanta. Friday morning, officials said they don't yet know what caused the fire or how long repairs will take.
Officials say no injuries were reported as a result of the fire. Police had cleared the interstate before part of the overpass failed catastrophically.
The road normally carries some 250,000 vehicles a day. While the collapse took out northbound lanes of I-85, officials say damage to the southbound lanes must also be repaired before they can be reopened.
[Image: 85closed-detour-map_wide-a501beae781604b...00-c15.jpg]
The closure of a crucial stretch of I-85 in Atlanta is seen in this image released by the Georgia Department of Transportation.
Georgia Department of Transportation

Mark McDonough, commissioner of the Georgia State Patrol's Department of Public Safety, is asking drivers to be patient, as member station WABE reports. But he acknowledges that other highways will be "slammed" with traffic.

"It's going to take a while for everybody to adjust to this — what is the new normal?" McDonough said. "We're going to find out over the next couple of weeks."

As of Friday morning, hot spots from the fire were still preventing crews from assessing the full extent of the damage. Repairs are "expected to be a time-consuming event," Georgia DOT Commissioner Russell R. McMurry said Friday morning.

WABE's Lisa George tells NPR's Newscast unit, "What appear to have been plastic pipes stored under the highway caught fire; no one knows how yet. They burned for about an hour, sending black smoke into the air — and then the northbound lane of the interstate just fell. "

Quote:It's surreal seeing I-85 in this condition at this time on a Friday morning. #85Collapse #ATLtraffic @wsbradio SkyCopter @wsbtv Capt'n Cam pic.twitter.com/6Ov8VA7bSB
— Mark McKay (@mckayWSB) March 31, 2017

George also spoke to a nearby resident, Elizabeth Gaston, who lives in an apartment building next to the overpass.
Gaston says she saw a "bunch of fire coming out, shooting out from under the underpass and all up over the bridge. And then, [after] a couple of minutes, all of a sudden you heard just 'boom.' And I guess that was when the, 85 collapsed. It was pretty scary."

The fire struck a spot used to store construction supplies. The DOT's McMurry called it "a secured area containing materials such as PVC piping, which is a stable, non-combustible material."

He added, "We are as eager to learn the cause of this fire as anyone, which is why we will continue to work closely and in full cooperation with fire investigators to determine exactly how the fire was started."
Update: Three people have been arrested in connection with the bridge fire, but only one is said to have started it.

[Image: basil%20eleby1_1491019404286_9099434_ver...et=534-401]
(Photo by WXIA)

Quote:Three people have been arrested in connection with the large fire that collapsed a portion of an Atlanta highway Thursday, according to fire officials.

The suspects were identified as Basil Eleby, Sophia Broner and Barry Thomas, Georgia Deputy Insurance Commissioner Jay Florence to ABC News. Eleby faces a charge of criminal damage to property, while Broner and Thomas each were charged with criminal trespass. They have not yet entered pleas.

According to Georgia Deputy Insurance Commissioner Jay Florence, the fire was lit using materials that were on site. The Atlanta Fire Department said Eleby is the suspect "we are holding responsible for the fire," according to Sgt. Cortez Stafford, and the department believes the fire was set maliciously.

Eleby remains in custody and additional charges may be pending, according to the fire department. It was not clear if the other two suspects remained in custody. Police records show Eleby has 20 arrests dating back to 2000, mostly for possessing and selling drugs and assault.
Two of the suspects were interviewed, leading to the arrest of the third, Florence said.

Atlanta residents may face a travel nightmare after a massive fire caused an overpass on Interstate 85 in the city to collapse, shuttering the major thoroughfare.

No injuries were reported and no cars were on the highway bridge when it fell during Thursday afternoon's rush hour, Atlanta Fire Department spokesman Sgt. Cortez Stafford said, according to The Associated Press. Fire officials said this afternoon that firefighters at the scene saved lives by recognizing cracks in the concrete and calling for an evacuation.

The cause of the fire remains under investigation.

Georgia Transportation Commissioner Russell McMurry said the fire started in an area used "as a storage location for construction materials, equipment and supplies. The site was a secured area containing materials such as PVC piping, which is a stable, noncombustible material."

Source

They're probably all members of BLM, but the media just doesn't want to cause alarm in the public by reporting it.
He would have had to go to a lot of trouble to get a fire that size started with the stored plastic pipes under the bridge; due to what they reported, the pipes don't burn that easily.

And why did they need a fire?  Temps were in the upper 70s to low 80s that day.
And how inconvenient that it happened DURING RUSH HOUR!  
Yeah, I'm sure that was just a coincidence.  (No such thing.)   Pfft!

I'm just glad the fire fighters noticed the crack in the road and stopped traffic before someone was hurt.
It could have been much worse.
Thank You for the Update Mystic Wanderer.

they should all be Executed.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
The plot thickens...

BREAKING: Terrorism or Coincidence? Atlanta Takes Two Major Hits, State of Emergency Declared

While the bridge was gathering the attention of the press, another incident was taking place at the Atlanta U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
A man walked in carrying red mercury, which is used to make nuclear bombs.   tinybighuh 

Could the two incidents be connected?

Quote:I-85 is a major roadway in Atlanta, with heavy traffic daily. On Thursday, a large portion of the road collapsed during rush hour, and caught on fire. Terrorism has not yet been ruled out as the cause, at time of this publication.

The fire, which is thought to have been started from underneath and burned through the steel, which caused the collapse, can be seen from miles away!

[Image: 17523496_1876360615965986_4645894581332030955_n.jpg]

Quote:This is such a major road, that Georgia’s governor has issued a state of emergency. Since this happened during rush hour, redirecting people was a nightmare. One woman stuck in traffic was even in labor with twins!

Oh my!  I hope the twins were delivered okay. 

Quote:As if that was not enough, a lesser covered story was also developing. A man from Africa walked into the Region 2 location of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, carrying red mercury, which is used in nuclear bombs.
This caused roads in downtown Atlanta to also shut down.
Quote:These streets downtown are closed to traffic
Peachtree St. at John Portman
Peachtree Center @ Andrew Young
Courtland St @ Baker St

Source

I guess the story is STILL unfolding.  Sounds like terrorism to me. 

What do you think?
(04-01-2017, 09:28 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I guess the story is STILL unfolding.  Sounds like terrorism to me. 

What do you think?

This certainly merits the sign...  minusculewtf
Something is going on.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
What,,, Red mercury? I had always heard that was a Hoax.
A Scam used to catch Terrorist on Nasty Dictators wanting Nuclear Weapons.

Quote:Red mercury is a hoax.

That needs repeating.  Red mercury is a hoax.  A myth. A fairy tale.
It’s the Fountain of Youth. El Dorado. Shangri-La.  It’s snake oil in a devastatingly dangerous vial.
It’s a promise of fantastic wealth and all it takes to access that wealth is extracting the substance from an explosive.  From a landmine.

According to the myth, red mercury has two purposes: it’s an important part of a nuclear bomb and an anti-aging ointment. 

Because of its association with ancient Egyptian embalming procedures and its promise of permanent youth, red mercury is sometimes called “pharaohnic mercury.”  However, despite the appeal of eternal life, the nuclear connection is the most commonly referenced.

In the 1970s some Soviet scientists tried to sell a newly identified substance they called “red mercury” on the black market, asking for US $100,000 to $300,000 per kilogram (gold is selling for about US$40,000 per kilogram). 

Supposedly the red mercury could be used in a nuclear bomb of remarkably small size and ease, skipping all that Uranium enrichment that’s getting the Iranians in so much trouble. 
Basically, red mercury was a short-cut to a very powerful nuclear weapon and luminaries like Moammar Gaddhafi and Saddam Hussein tried to get their hands on the stuff.

The myth persisted because some law enforcement agencies launched sting operations against would-be terrorists by offering to sell them “red mercury.” 
Also, some Russians supposedly did sell a product they called red mercury (actually ordinary silver mercury colored with red nail polish) on the black-market for nearly half a million dollars just after the collapse of the Soviet Union (The GuardianDavid MeyerIO9BBC News).  That kept the possibility of acquiring such a substance alive in the darkened hallways of arms smugglers and terrorists.

Where the story gets weird is in Saudi Arabia in the late 2000s. 
An internet rumor spread through the country that a drop of red mercury could be found in the needle of Singer sewing machines and the presence could be detected by a cell phone whose service would be interrupted by proximity to red mercury. 
With an inflating value (now even small amounts might be worth millions of dollars), Saudis rushed to buy up old sewing machines, for US $50,000 or more as well as breaking into sewing factories and stores and stealing the machines.  Reports suggested that the red mercury hunters were only in it for the money; they weren’t looking to make bombs, just sell the stuff to people who might. 

The Saudi Interior Ministry tried to quell the rumors, but were unsuccessful as many people invested their life savings in the futile search (BBC NewsWiredArabian Business).

While taking apart a hundred year old sewing machine is not likely to result in catastrophic injury, maybe some cuts and scratches, the next supposed repository of red mercury very well could: landmines.  In southern Africa, along the shared borders of Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique, hundreds of thousands of landmines had been placed during the liberation wars of Zimbabwe and Mozambique and the civil war in Mozambique. 
At some point in the last couple of years, the rumor emerged that red mercury could be extracted from those landmines.  Persons living in poverty in these countries live in dire conditions and the lure of instant, fabulous wealth has proven to be far stronger than the fear of calamity from tampering with explosives.  Using hacksaws, drilling machines and black magic, Zimbabweans, Zambians and Mozambicans have been trying to open anti-personnel landmines, anti-vehicle landmines and mortar bombs with unfortunately predictable outcomes. 

The governments of Zambia and Zimbabwe both believe that most reported injuries from landmines and unexploded ordnance result from the attempts to extract red mercury from explosives that have either been dug out of the ground or stolen from ammunition depots.  Dozens of people have been killed or injured in recent years, too many of whom were innocent bystanders. 

Reports have even surfaced of school teachers saving up to buy landmines to attempt to extract red mercury (News Day; Government of Zambia, Statement of the Delegation to the 7th Conference on the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons, Protocol V; News Day) .

So, to wrap up, red mercury doesn’t exist, but the belief in it can kill.
Michael P. Moore
July 29, 2014
Source
(04-02-2017, 12:49 AM)guohua Wrote: What,,, Red mercury? I had always heard that was a Hoax.

Well, I don't know.  I do suppose some idiot could have posted it as an April Fool's joke. 

You just never know what's true and what's false in the news anymore.   smalltappingfoot
(04-02-2017, 12:59 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 12:49 AM)guohua Wrote: What,,, Red mercury? I had always heard that was a Hoax.

Well, I don't know.  I do suppose some idiot could have posted it as an April Fool's joke. 

You just never know what's true and what's false in the news anymore.   smalltappingfoot
It Is, It Is April First!  mediumfacepalm 

Mystic Wanderer Is Right,,,,,, Again.