Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Oldest life form 4.2 billion years old !
One of the greatest lies IMO has always been we are alone in the universe.. At 4.2 billion years of age the Earth had not been around for very long for life to take root so was it seeded or is it just a normal process ? Panspermia anyone ?. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/...rs-likely/
Quote: 2 March 2017 • 6:47am
It’s life, but not as we know it. The oldest fossil ever discovered on Earth shows that organisms were thriving 4.2 billion years ago, hundreds of millions of years earlier than previously thought.
The microscopic bacteria, which were smaller than the width of a human hair, were found in rock formations in Quebec, Canada, but would have lived in hot vents in the 140F (60C) oceans which covered the early planet.
The discovery is the strongest evidence yet that similar organisms could also have evolved on Mars, which at the time still had oceans and an atmosphere, and was being bombarded by comets which probably brought the building blocks of life to Earth.
(03-02-2017, 01:28 PM)727Sky Wrote: One of the greatest lies IMO has always been we are alone in the universe.. At 4.2 billion years of age the Earth had not been around for very long for life to take root so was it seeded or is it just a normal process ? Panspermia anyone ?. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/...rs-likely/
Quote: 2 March 2017 • 6:47am
It’s life, but not as we know it. The oldest fossil ever discovered on Earth shows that organisms were thriving 4.2 billion years ago, hundreds of millions of years earlier than previously thought.
The microscopic bacteria, which were smaller than the width of a human hair, were found in rock formations in Quebec, Canada, but would have lived in hot vents in the 140F (60C) oceans which covered the early planet.
The discovery is the strongest evidence yet that similar organisms could also have evolved on Mars, which at the time still had oceans and an atmosphere, and was being bombarded by comets which probably brought the building blocks of life to Earth.

That's the Truth, I think Life is everywhere in Space and they think even on Pluto.  minusculethumbsup2
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(03-02-2017, 01:39 PM)guohua Wrote: That's the Truth, I think Life is everywhere in Space and they think even on Pluto.  minusculethumbsup2

But.... I thought that MrsG was the Oldest life form?

tinysurprised

BigG shall now be in hiding for the foreseeable future...
Goodbye Cruel World!!

minusculebonker

Gx
(03-02-2017, 09:21 PM)gordi Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 01:39 PM)guohua Wrote: That's the Truth, I think Life is everywhere in Space and they think even on Pluto.  minusculethumbsup2

But.... I thought that MrsG was the Oldest life form?

tinysurprised

BigG shall now be in hiding for the foreseeable future...
Goodbye Cruel World!!

minusculebonker

Gx
Baby, I may be Old, But I'm GOOD!'
[Image: futureramagenderbender.gif] [Image: ugly-mexican-woman-gif.gif]
You can come out of Hiding Now,,,,,,, smallslavedriver
no chance! LOL
(03-02-2017, 11:24 PM)gordi Wrote: no chance! LOL
Well Gordi.
[Image: f41a7a5d956ecbd92924c8081e21db5f.gif] [Image: tumblr_o9giwrmRgk1rpduwho1_500.gif]
Let's not make this Hard On YOU!
[Image: tumblr_static_3hkvpzjuyuwwgw44sgow4c8ck.gif]
"To believe we are the only intelligent species in a Universe that is billions of light years in distance and time is the ultimate insult to Mother Nature."

That's what she said... tinybiggrin

Jude
(03-03-2017, 09:40 AM)Jude Wrote: "To believe we are the only intelligent species in a Universe that is billions of light years in distance and time is the ultimate insult to Mother Nature."

That's what she said... tinybiggrin

Jude

I agree, but didn't we trademark 'Mother Nature' for Earth only?!!

And that is the self-smugness we humans have to overcome.
For many of the supposed intelligent beings living, killing and abusing each other
on this planet, the universe revolves around us!

It'll be a real awakening the day we -as a species, accept that we're not alone.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Man up gordi .... mrs. G wont hurt ya .... much .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

There's been a lot of evidence coming out lately with new discoveries that show life here goes back BILLIONS of years, not millions.

Graham Hancock, Michael Tellinger, William Henry, and other archeologists and researchers have been saying this for years.  The scientists didn't want to  acknowledge it as fact because it would prove them wrong, and they don't want to rewrite the history books.

Clearly, scientists aren't as smart as they want people to believe.