Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hitler lookalike arrested in Austria
I think he did this just for his 15 minutes of fame, and to try and make a bit of cash out of his "fame".

Quote:A Hitler lookalike has been arrested in Austria on charges of glorifying the Nazi era, local officials say.

The 25-year-old man reportedly calls himself Harald Hitler.

[Image: _94634077_capture.png]

The man, sporting a side parting and a trademark moustache, had been seen having his photograph taken outside the house in Braunau am Inn in which Adolf Hitler was born.

The lookalike had recently moved to the town on the German border, police spokesman David Furtner told the BBC.

Mr Furtner said this was not a joke or a piece of performance art.

"The young man knows exactly what he is doing," the police spokesman said.

He said the man had also been spotted in Vienna and Graz.

Pictures of the man were published by Austria's Heute.at news website on Monday.

Glorifying the Nazi era is a crime in Austria.

Last October, the Austrian authorities decided to demolish Hitler's birthplace house to stop it becoming a focal point for neo-Nazis.

Hitler was born in a rented room on the top floor of the building on 20 April 1889.

More here

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38960193
Hitler reincarnated?!   Oh no!!!!   tinywhat
This is indicative of the paranoia in Europe. If this guy wants to pretend he's Hitler,
is he really doing any harm? I mean, is he running for office on the plank that he's
deliberately attempting to look like someone else?!

I understand that it's not felt appropriate to resemble a leader of  cult that murdered
millions of people, but surely this doesn't warrant arrest. But I also understand the
madness of political correctness that's abound in Germany and other countries.

Young women who were raped by migrants and then not notifying the authorities
because it may be seen as racist, Police reluctant to arrest those who did what they did
at the Cologne New Year's Eve gathering because the majority were seen as migrants...
and other cases.

I know that this next part will seem to be a bit of a straw-man, but Gazi Kodzo in the
United States can look like this for comedic properties and nothing is said.
But like a straw-man's reasons, Mr. Kodzo doesn't live in Austria.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1232]

But still, it goes a long way to show why colleges and universities in the States outlawed
certain Halloween costumes because of offence to a particular section of society.

But isn't a little odd that you can write about the atrocities that took place under Hitler's
rule, explain the emblem that the Nazi party used had origins in India and even pay to
visit the buildings where the holocaust took place.
Though combing one's hair in a certain way and sporting a clipped-moustache is
seen as degrading. It is surely a strange world.

But the law is the law.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Both Austria and Germany have very strict laws about depiction of Hitler, and yes it is illegal. As the original story states

"Glorifying the Nazi era is a crime in Austria."

Some other countries in Europe also have similar laws, afaik.