Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Be very careful in Manitoba Canada
"A Canadian man who was found not criminally responsible for beheading and cannibalizing a fellow passenger on a Greyhound bus
has been granted his freedom."

"Manitoba’s Criminal Code Review Board announced Friday it has given Will Baker, formerly known as Vince Li, an absolute discharge,
meaning he is no longer subject to monitoring".

I seem to remember that in the past released criminals with mental problems kept under control by medication sometimes just stop
taking their pills etc because "They felt good and thought that didn't need them anymore".  I am sure that makes their victims families
feel so much better - NOT.

Anyway here is a link to the full story:-

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/02/11/...eedom.html
I read that, Can YOU believe that?
What happens if he stops taking his meds?  minusculethinking
How long before they check on him?  minusculethinking

When they do, how many bodies will they find?  minusculespooked
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Winnipeg. My Hometown...Sweet!

Yeah I remember this. Pretty shaky time.

Jude
'....“He is no longer a violent person,” Summerville [executive director of the Manitoba Schizophrenia
Society] said. “I will say, yes, he absolutely understands that he has to (take his medication) and has
a desire to live a responsible, moral life and never succumb to psychotic episodes and not to hurt
anybody ever again.”...'

Yes, but he also understood at the time that God 'ordered' him to behead his victim and eat some of
him. To be able to accept that a voice in one's head over-rides a society-based moral compass and with
confidence, violently kill a stranger and display his severed head to onlookers, makes one ask if Baker
succumb to this sudden invasion of a deity that hates bus passengers, what type of basic make-up
was already inside this man wandering around Manitoba before the incident?

So the question is, will he understand that if any voices begin whispering again, he'll cleave to his
'desire' to be free and with a firm grip on his newly-found 'responsible moral standing' deny his
demon's wishes to disrupt a bus service?

All hail drugs.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(02-12-2017, 11:34 AM)BIAD Wrote: '....“He is no longer a violent person,” Summerville [executive director of the Manitoba Schizophrenia
Society] said. “I will say, yes, he absolutely understands that he has to (take his medication) and has
a desire to live a responsible, moral life and never succumb to psychotic episodes and not to hurt
anybody ever again.”...'

Yes, but he also understood at the time that God 'ordered' him to behead his victim and eat some of
him. To be able to accept that a voice in one's head over-rides a society-based moral compass and with
confidence, violently kill a stranger and display his severed head to onlookers, makes one ask if Baker
succumb to this sudden invasion of a deity that hates bus passengers, what type of basic make-up
was already inside this man wandering around Manitoba before the incident?

So the question is, will he understand that if any voices begin whispering again, he'll cleave to his
'desire' to be free and with a firm grip on his newly-found 'responsible moral standing' deny his
demon's wishes to disrupt a bus service?

All hail drugs.

Exactly!
UGH! What a terrible story to wake up to... but, that's the world we live in now.  smallkillingpc

I need coffee!   smallnotamused 

(Wanders off to kitchen)
(02-12-2017, 02:55 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: UGH! What a terrible story to wake up to... but, that's the world we live in now.  smallkillingpc

I need coffee!   smallnotamused 

(Wanders off to kitchen)

I need More Jim Beam added to my Coffee,,,, *Wanders Off To Liquor Cabinet*  minusculebeercheers