Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sights and sounds of Thailand
The good the bad and some things most would find weird; welcome to Thailand

Thank You 727Sky
Many People from the West don't know that in most Asian Countries it's very impolite to set with your feet facing someone or Staring and Pointing.
Great Videos.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I love Thailand.

Small suggestion: Spend a little time in the foreigner occupied party areas but go out to the Country and spend more time with the locals.

Better food, scenery and most of all...the real people are amazing, generous and fun to be with. I found this with every Asian Country I have lived in.

AND...THE FOOD>>>THE FOOD>>>THE FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jude
(01-23-2017, 01:21 AM)Jude Wrote: I love Thailand.

Small suggestion: Spend a little time in the foreigner occupied party areas but go out to the Country and spend more time with the locals.

Better food, scenery and most of all...the real people are amazing, generous and fun to be with. I found this with every Asian Country I have lived in.

AND...THE FOOD>>>THE FOOD>>>THE FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jude

Funny you should say that... Friends are always bugging me to come back to the States... My reply is, " Why would I want to leave paradise?" I live in a small village 35 minutes from the closest town... 12 minutes from a golf course... Not for everyone but because of my wife I am happy satisfied and content..

I can play 18 holes of golf with a golf cart...get a pedicure/manicure and a full body massage all in one day for less than a meal for two in the states at many decent  restaurants..

I will finish my life here... It ain't perfect,,,,,,,,,, but for me I do not feel everyday I am getting ripped off like I was in the states when I paid taxes, utilities, and went to the grocery store..... Stuff at the grocery store in the states 5 years ago that one could buy for 2.50 now cost 5$+... Not sour grapes with regards to the states; just not my idea of a life I want to live any more....
Mini rant time !

Every year we have to report the income I have to the Thai government... I guess they have had problems with sponges in the past with no visible means of support...? Pretty easy for a US citizen or should I say easier than other nationalities..

So to report you have to fill out a simple piece of paper with your income and get the USA embassy to place (for 50$) a notary stamp upon the paper saying they saw you sign it....then turn it all in for another year of residence even though you have to report to immigration every three months... So yesterday I went to Vientiane Laos to the USA embassy to get a simple Notary stamp... Since the form is in English and has a Thai government letter head the embassy in Laos said they could not notarize the paper...WTF ? At least 9000Baht for crossing, transportation, eats, and hotel was for naught..

I have flown all over Laos during my great patriotic war days... It has not changed much in the last 46 years except the new US embassy is rather impressive if you like a fort.... They take dollars, Baht, and the government currency which has big numbers like 100,000 which ain't worth much.. I did see several round eyes there which kinda surprised me..

So... looks like I will have to waste a day going to Bangkok ...just to get a friggen stamp !

end of rant
(01-26-2017, 09:17 AM)727Sky Wrote: Mini rant time !

Every year we have to report the income I have to the Thai government... I guess they have had problems with sponges in the past with no visible means of support...? Pretty easy for a US citizen or should I say easier than other nationalities..

So to report you have to fill out a simple piece of paper with your income and get the USA embassy to place (for 50$) a notary stamp upon the paper saying they saw you sign it....then turn it all in for another year of residence even though you have to report to immigration every three months... So yesterday I went to Vientiane Laos to the USA embassy to get a simple Notary stamp... Since the form is in English and has a Thai government letter head the embassy in Laos said they could not notarize the paper...WTF ? At least 9000Baht for crossing, transportation, eats, and hotel was for naught..

I have flown all over Laos during my great patriotic war days... It has not changed much in the last 46 years except the new US embassy is rather impressive if you like a fort.... They take dollars, Baht, and the government currency which has big numbers like 100,000 which ain't worth much.. I did see several round eyes there which kinda surprised me..

So... looks like I will have to waste a day going to Bangkok ...just to get a friggen stamp !

end of rant

Sorry to hear that.
I'm sure the American Embassy is all Butt Hurt That Hillary didn't when, they seen you looking like one of Trump's Deployables,,,, You Know,,,, Intelligent and Educated.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]