Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Morning After...
The Sun rose as it should, trees are still growing and life as we know it hasn't ended.

It is now President Trump.

On this side of the border, our television commentators were discussing what they thought was a 'tough talk' inauguration speech.

We must admit, the President's speech was not a unification speech, and, yes, it was a bit out of the norm.

But isn't Donald J Trump out of the norm?

Our journalists were interviewing our Finance minister, our Defense minister, our Foreign Policies minister, trying to cope with words such as "From this day forward, it's America First"... or "two rules...buy American, hire American"...

Then they commented on Trump's lack of crowds - compared to Obama's 8 years ago. 2 + 2 should have given them a hint that Obama was the first African American elected at that time and THAT brought out the millions. For many black folks, that was a Giant step in history, one to be seen with its own two eyes.

There were protests. Vandalism. Once more, some little shits that have no lives took the moment to break other's property - that wasn't anti-Trump protesters, that was an excuse to do what they like most; destroy what isn't theirs. Those little shits would have been there just the same if Hillary had won.

Speaking of Hillary, our Media enjoyed showing her smiling away. She would have been an amazing actor, Oscar winning brilliance.

And then there was George...

[Image: george-w-bush-1-c55230db-8a14-4dbe-956b-...117971.jpg]

And George...

[Image: george-w-bush-2-9c613eed-9edf-4ae9-8c7f-...9734a7.jpg]

Oh George...

[Image: undefined]

My sense of humor misses you, George !

And then there were protests in Montreal. MONTREAL.

WTF.

Anti-Trump protests in Montreal, Canada. Just wow.

News-break. Trump is President of the United States. Here is Canada and we have a Prime Minister, his name is Justin Trudeau.

WTF.

What kind of deadbeat would protest from abroad and why?

[Image: e4b9510e8ab63bba1a0894b1420dc81e]

Well...not that I wanna judge or anythin' but that kinda explains it...

Anyhow, the world survived.

And I am now curious; how was new elected President Trump perceived from where you're from?

Where the Medias spinning a tell tale?

Did they perceive his speech as 'tough talk' as well?

Please share : )

Montreal anti-Trump demonstration ends in vandalism
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
The protesters can see that the new Government led by Donald Trump is going
to implement a mass genocide of those the Fuhrer deems unfit to be an American.

In mobile gas-chambers, the non-white people and those who do not mate in
the manner endorsed by the King James' bible, will be rounded and destroyed
in the name of Jesus.

With jack-boots crushing Jewish baby's heads under-foot, the ominous  Emperor
Trump's storm-troopers will scour the land searching for those who crossed the
borders at night and those who wish to discharge their waste in a toilet of their
opposite sex.

I admire anyone who wears an 'kerchief over their face and uses words like 'hate'
and 'assassinate' I think that being safe in the knowledge that I can demand that
system must cut off my testicles because I want to be different...

...is far more important than adults having a better opportunity to earn a living for
their families. I mean, what's all that about?!

Drama-Queens Unite!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I haven't seen a lot of negative media yet, but give it time.   tinylaughing 

I did see one picture yesterday on Face Book where they had a picture of Obama's crowd compared to Trump's.  The thing is, they waited until people had started leaving to take the Trump pic.  What I saw on the t.v. coverage showed as many at the inauguration acceptance speech as Obama's.  They're weren't as many on out in the streets for the parade afterward... could have something to do with the fact it was raining earlier that drove them away.
I'm sure we'll be seeing CNN, NBC, CBS and others coming out of the wood work today and everyday forward. They are busy right now trying to put their spin on the title to make it as derogatory as possible, just like they always do.   tinyok 

I sat and watched the entire thing from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.  I was glued to the screen; not about to miss a moment of this historical day!  Eventually, I had to go out and run errands, so I may have missed something others saw.

The TURDS were out in numbers.  "TURD, Trump Un-acceptance & Resistance Disorder, is a pattern of pathologically disassociate and psychotic behavior, first observed in the late hours of November 8th 2016, and increasing in severity with passing time.
Sufferers of TURD often exhibit pronounced cognitive dissonance, sudden bouts of rage, rioting, and uncontrollable crying.
People with TURD are characterized by a persistent unwillingness to accept that Donald Trump is going to Make America Great Again."
(Quoted from Sky's thread: Know the Symptoms, Save a Life. )

I don't think the destructive ones would have caused THAT much damage if Soros wasn't paying them. And, I think the media REALLY played up the areas where any destruction took place to make it look like it was an all out war in the streets.
There was even a young boy that started a fire, and to me, it seemed like his lines had been scripted when he was interviewed by the media.

There were even other protesters there telling them not to cause violence, but they just couldn't help themselves.  Idiots!

I was very proud of Trump yesterday, and I now feel a sense of pride to be an American again.   FEELS GOOD AFTER 8 YEARS OF HELL!   minusculebeercheers
It's A Beautiful Day In MY Neighborhood!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I believe them when they say there WERE fewer people, they estimate by about one to two hundred thousand fewer attendees at Trump's inauguration. I also know WHY there were fewer attendees...

I am a hobbiest but a photographer nonetheless and I would have LOVED to have been there, taking pictures of such an historic event, recording it for my children and grandchildren, sharing them with my friends. 

I live in the same state, and my husband could have easily taken a vacation day or two as he has some built up .. he has a sister who lives in the greater D.C. area, who drives into D.C. every day for work . going to the inauguration for us would have been no problem, but I didn't go. WHY do you ask? PROTESTERS.. 

I am disabled and cannot fight my way through protesters, who this year showed up in historic numbers; the left is trying to shut down our ability to hear political speech and honestly if we lived in the old days before social media, television and YouTube it would have worked, because I didn't go to any Trump rallies for the same reason, they ATTACK Trump's supporters and/or people who simply want to hear what he has to say.  

This guy in this video had to FIGHT and pull apart the linked arms of protesters in order to get him and his family into one of the inauguration areas yesterday..  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfRYj2ZX3dE 

you tell me how on earth a disabled person is going to manage getting into the venue, when the protesters do this? The truth is, people avoided Trump's inauguration because there were a few hundred thousand Americans who simply didn't have the desire and/or the ability to fight protesters, and they knew it in advance.

But - true to form the left is disingenuous enough to pretend there is no connection between the violent left, and people avoiding a venue where the violent left show up in record numbers.
(01-21-2017, 02:29 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I haven't seen a lot of negative media yet, but give it time.   tinylaughing 
It seemed most dealt with it in the mature manner that they've been taught by the scholars
within the education system. Well done academia!
(01-21-2017, 04:39 PM)Grace Wrote: ...you tell me how on earth a disabled person is going to manage getting into the venue,
when the protesters do this? The truth is, people avoided Trump's inauguration because
there were a few hundred thousand Americans who simply didn't have the desire and/or
the ability to fight protesters, and they knew it in advance.

But - true to form the left is disingenuous enough to pretend there is no connection
between the violent left, and people avoiding a venue where the violent left show up in
record numbers.

One of the main problems within today's social structure, is the failure to show the adult
disciplines that have worked for a civilised community for centuries.

Helping and making allowances for those of us who are disabled isn't pity, it's a demand
that should come from the strong spirit of unity and the confidence of being a 'grown-up'

For children, the allowances are given because they're the next generation and for those
who embrace maturity, they know that to keep ones' species continuing, the young must
be protected in the appropriate fashion.

If you're deemed fit and healthy, your duty is to assist those who struggle, listen to those
who've walked the path of time before you and conduct yourself in such a way that one's
ancestors should be proud of you as well as those who'll come after you.
Every real man and woman knows this, except...

The people you see behaving poorly in Grace's video and the whining snowflakes just
setting out in the adult world aren't men or women, they're spoilt children.
(That's why they keep inventing different 'genders'... so they don't have to face reality)

Such is life.
(01-21-2017, 06:22 PM)BIAD Wrote: [quote='Grace' pid='10848' dateline='1485013198']

The people you see behaving poorly in Grace's video and the whining snowflakes just
setting out in the adult world aren't men or women, they're spoilt children.
(That's why they keep inventing different 'genders'... so they don't have to face reality)

Such is life.

You are making an important point.

The Millennials are indeed spoiled rotten and any little change that could affect them is, for them, traumatizing. They haven't experienced real hardships yet, they haven't experience war, they haven't experienced the fact that life can become extremely cruel at an instant's notice.

We've overprotected them, we've given them everything we lacked and have made them as if they're now made out of porcelain.

Trump, for THEM, is traumatizing.

Not only has he flushed both the Climate Change page BUT he's also flushed the LGBT (add here as many letters as you think is appropriate) out of the official White House website. He's added a lengthy page on LAW enforcement.

That in itself, should tell a thing or two.

The women that have lost this election are furious, the LGBT community is furious, the Black communities at large are sad they've seen their Messiah leave, the Muslims are shitting their pants, the Mexicans are yelling to injustice and Iran has just come out to warn Trump that he better not change anything to the deals they currently have.

Canadians here are wary of what might happen to NAFTA and NATO.

As you said, my dear Creative Genius, it's TIME TO FACE REALITY !

Reality isn't always pretty, it isn't always as we'd wish it to be, it isn't a virtual reality where you always end up a hero.

No, reality is sometimes cold, sometimes hard and more often than not, rough and tough.

Welcome to the Trump era.

It is time to call a spade a spade, it is time to put dots on the i's and bars on the T's. It is time to face reality.

I find it ironic that many protesters call him a liar, and as far as I know, while he's the only man in decades over decades who's said things as they really are.

Interesting times.

(01-21-2017, 04:39 PM)Grace Wrote: I live in the same state, and my husband could have easily taken a vacation day or two as he has some built up .. he has a sister who lives in the greater D.C. area, who drives into D.C. every day for work . going to the inauguration for us would have been no problem, but I didn't go. WHY do you ask? PROTESTERS..

Yes, I agree, that probably had a big impact on the turnout.  I'm disabled too, but even if I wasn't, the threats that Trump received about things that would happen there was good enough for me to stay away.  
I was holding my breath right up to when he finished his swearing in, expecting some bullet to split his head open right on camera.  That, or a missile hitting D.C.  tinyhuh

I really am at a loss for words at the behavior of THIS younger generation.  But, I also saw some older people in the crowd.  One man was there with his son who looked to be about 10 years old.  Way to go Dad!  Teach your son that when you don't get your way, you break other people's property, and burn the the city benches and garbage cans in the streets... and don't forget to smash some store windows along the way! smallnotamused
(01-21-2017, 09:03 PM)Grace Wrote: ...Reality isn't always pretty, it isn't always as we'd wish it to be, it isn't a virtual reality where you always end up a hero.
No, reality is sometimes cold, sometimes hard and more often than not, rough and tough...

And there you have it and I agree with you.

The reluctant acceptance of reality when the optional one that lays beyond the computer screen
offers better environments where nobody really gets hurt and is designed to assist the user to
be worthy in some way.

Sadly, this is our fault to some extent, the parents who came before.

Embracing a technology that...(aw heck,I sound like a Luddite!!)... that we were assured would
change our world for the better, we took the milder versions and gave them to our young as toys.
Many would perceive these games as nothing but games, whilst other youngsters formed opinions
based on the basic principle of 'good & bad'

Heroes say good things and the bad guy boasts, the gentle voice implies a peaceful deliberation
on a subject, whilst a braggart roars his beliefs without a care for an alternative view.

But... the world doesn't work like that and those who seek to deceive can also carry the lips of
an angel. The person who commands with iron in their words may also have your concerns at
heart.

In this reality, there's no 'Save Game' button.

(Please forgive the aloofness above. As I typed it, I was also watching Charlton Heston deliver his
'Mark Antony' speech in the 1970 movie 'Julius Caesar'!!)
I suppose with the change of President in the United States, it's nice to see carefully
-worded pieces in the State-run television company, the BBC are still keeping the
'Fake News' flag flying.

Women's March: UK protesters join anti-Donald Trump marches.

Thousands of protesters have taken part in a Women's March in London as
part of an international campaign on the first full day of Donald Trump's presidency.

They marched from the US embassy to Trafalgar Square - as part of UK-wide
rallies to highlight women's rights.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1113]

Organisers said up to 100,000 people took part in London, although that has
not been independently verified.

It comes on a day of global protests, with the biggest demonstration taking place
in the US capital, Washington DC.

Hundreds of thousands of protesters have taken to the streets of Washington
- one of more than 600 rallies taking place worldwide on the new US president's
first full day in office...'
The BBC:

And this is how it's done, crafted narrative to imply one thing -and unknowingly
to the women protesting, diluting their actual message.

It's just another way of blaming a guy who's been in office for one full day and
in another country that can't make laws for the one you're living in.

...AND a reason for upper-middle-class women to Freddie-F*uckaround in Trafalgar
Square and maybe get some shopping done when the ex-BBC employees quit their
speeches.
(See below)

'...Thousands of women - and some men - are preparing to march in 14 UK
cities and towns on Saturday, the first day of Donald Trump's US presidency.

But what is the Women's March all about?

The events draw inspiration from the Women's March on Washington, a protest
set to take place on Saturday and expected to draw crowds of 200,000 people.

Demonstrators there say they will be calling for racial and gender equality,
affordable healthcare, abortion rights and voting rights - issues which they
say are under threat from a Trump presidency.

But as Trump is the president of the US, what do protesters in the UK hope to
achieve?

British marchers have highlighted a wide range of issues: the Brexit vote,
anti-immigration feeling, the refugee crisis and Irish and Northern Irish
women being denied access to abortion...'
Why They're Marching:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1114]
Clockwise from top left: banners on bridges in London, Bath, Oxford, Edinburgh.
(Oddly enough, these towns voted to remain in the European Union.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Out here in boonieville alls quiet .....  so keeping busy doing weapons maintenance and getting in range time before go back to outside world in spring ....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

The Morning After Is Nice, But The Night Before Was Fantastic To Watch!  smallrofl [Image: giphy.gif]  smallrofl
Ran across this on Google+ and thought it summed it up pretty nicely.

[Image: 17%2B-%2B1]

I remember hearing a well-to-do chef on the East coast make a similar remark.
That the Left caused the voters to turn away from them after being insulted day in and day out.
Put down every chance they got.....racist, bigot, xenophobic, homophobic, islamaphobic etc  etc --just because their views differed from the Dems,  they were placed in a basket of deplorables with one of those labels.

People get sick of being bullied by the Left and think they turned on the Dems.
The other voters got sick of D.C. in general and voted for Trump as a way of saying F-U to them.

Regardless, despite what the Dems and media try to claim, Hillary losing had nothing to do with Russia or Comey.
But that Hillary was a poor candidate with scandal after scandal and the majority of voters were tired of being insulted and bullied.

The election is over and Trump is in office, but the insults from the Left are still flying. smh.
Keep that attitude up and Trump might be in there 8 years.
So you might want to be "nice" to the American people instead of bullying them by shaming them or insulting them for having opposing  views.

-------

ETA: I especially like the part of where they mentioned turning 'white man' from a description to an insult.
Thanks Dems for being politically correct, you have made being Caucasian into a target...... F-U!!   tinyok

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

@"senona"  So True. minusculethumbsup2
I've taken a look at the many reports of disruption in Colleges and Universities and
I honestly believe the political 'nudging' performed by the Teachers and Professors
had a large input into the way the recent US Presidential election was conducted.

For those less-jaded by the superficial promises of politicians and the 'candy-words'
spoken from a teleprompter, some of the young men and women looked at the two
major candidates in the election and decided their choice by using naive perceptions
born from the information they already held.

The easiest way of explaining what was taught to them was for the Tutors to offer the
students the alternatives in the simple form they saw the world at that time.

Trump is a businessman, a fat-cat who's goal is money and who lives a lifestyle that
many of the average person cannot achieve. The view of him was that he saw females
as nothing more than something to warm your bed and hang off your arm.

He was presented by many parts of the mainstream media as a bully, a braggart who
ignored the nuances of diplomacy and could not comprehend the sensitivity of those
less stronger than others.

He was the guy who tinkered with motor engines and wore a cap-sleeved T-shirt
in the school workshop. His academic perception was presented as nothing more
than a rich thug who didn't need Latin and who's true enjoyment was by wrestling
power from those around him.

Clinton was a woman who -for most of her life, had been involved in politics.
Politicians are seen by some, somebody who strives to serve and with the 'assumed'
burden that she is a woman in a predominantly-male arena, she can be seen as the
under-dog.

Leaving a Law Company for politics, Hillary was seen as someone who would look
to acquire the network to attempt to keep the current situation in status-quo, the
middle-class lifestyle could continue in the manner a youngster comprehended their
own family had accepted.

In an 'reality-show' environment that portrays women desirable by their outward looks
and not their intelligence, for some young people, she was seen someone who could
break the patriarchal mould and be the idol of those without hour-glass figures.

For those of us who may have lines on our faces and have learned that what the
media and television offers us isn't necessarily the real world. This presentation of two
political figures in such a cartoon-ish fashion, would bring nothing but a shrug, but to
a person just setting out into the world, it's comforting and uncomplicated.

Remember, we basically perceive the world around us in the same manner we perceive
ourselves. If we're mainly distrustful, so is everyone else, if we believe we're basically a
good and honest person, then everyone around us must aspire to those goals.
It's a human-thing!

The idea of individualising, segregation and cajoling the young into seeing that to
belong to a particular group, may seem appealing to someone who's social confidence
isn't fully-formed yet.

Since the idea is to feel safe and embrace the solace of belonging with like-minded
people, the notion to attack another group in the name of advancing that confidence
seemed to be at the forefront of every groups agenda.

So the schoolyard name-calling began and categorising the other groups in a negative
light was deemed a good tactic that not only offered onlookers an unacceptable opinion
on an opposing group, it may assist in bringing doubt to the members of that opposite
set of beliefs.

The Press ate it up and promoted the false, dripping hate for their own agenda.
But by doing so, the news outlets also made it real. Demands from the youngsters
became more harsh and the sacred detente within debates was drowned out by who
could insult the other the loudest.

Accusations became cudgels and shaming became a shield. Name-calling was the major
weapon in the two parties arsenals because both sets of political packs knew it would be
appreciated by the students who were old enough to vote.

In all truth, nobody went high and all wallowed in the low.
I waited and waited, but I never heard the schoolyard rhyme 'Sticks and stones...'
I agree.

Trump got in because a LOT of people are sick and tired of political correctness games. What has always been seen as wrong is now seen as right and what has always been seen as right is now seen as wrong. Go figure.

Values have gone out the window. Middle class is fed up of being told that everything's fine and that things will get better while they take that big political finger up their ass.

A lot of voters have had it with tons of well versed promises of this and promises of that that end up in status quo. #1 reason why Hillary failed.

People want change. Good or bad and they think that it can't get any worse than what it already is. That's why Trump got elected.

He represents change. And hope. Hope that this time will be the good one.

We'll find out soon enough.

What ?????? Women have uses other than bedwarmers ??????? Since when ??????
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(01-23-2017, 02:25 PM)Sol Wrote: I agree.

Trump got in because a LOT of people are sick and tired of political correctness games. What has always been seen as wrong is now seen as right and what has always been seen as right is now seen as wrong. Go figure.

Values have gone out the window. Middle class is fed up of being told that everything's fine and that things will get better while they take that big political finger up their ass.

A lot of voters have had it with tons of well versed promises of this and promises of that that end up in status quo. #1 reason why Hillary failed.

People want change. Good or bad and they think that it can't get any worse than what it already is. That's why Trump got elected.

He represents change. And hope. Hope that this time will be the good one.

We'll find out soon enough.

I believe it's more than that. I think many many many of us, see creeping communism for years now and that utterly terrifies us, we know, if we don't stop it now, our children will not be free. Open borders, globalisation, socialist promises we can ill afford, the dwindling down of our middle class and more are all very ominous signs that communism is coming unless we stop it. 

Sure people are tired of the media lies, and the political correctness, but this, more than anything, the change in the way our constitution is interpreted so we can create laws in the Marxist style, is why Trump was elected. The very fact that he is a business man who believes, as well as his types of businesses thrive in a free market society, who knew the corruption of our current political system, made him the perfect candidate to make those changes we need in order to bring back at least some measure of constitutionalism... 

We didn't have to like him, we had to believe in him, and we did. To say that it was the pc culture that caused Trump's election, is to join the ranks of mainstream media in completely missing the mark. P.C. culture is simply another one of those ominous warning signs that communism is coming.
(01-23-2017, 03:27 PM)Daitengu Wrote: What ?????? Women have uses other than bedwarmers ??????? Since when ??????

*Looks across at the wife*
tinybiggrin
I'm not going there, Dait... don't tempt me!!!