Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Russophobia (video)
Interesting video on Russiophobia
Very Informative Video.
Well made.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Nice Russian propaganda video.  Trying to understand the guys accent gives me a headache. 

He said something though that stood out because there is something I have been thinking, but I would like to be sure of what he said, as again the accent gives me a headache trying to decipher the words. 

Between 1:48 - 2:01 (or thereabouts) when he talks about a reset of the global financial markets I think.. can someone write down for me word for word, in context what he said, so I can see what he said?
(01-21-2017, 08:12 AM)Grace Wrote: Between 1:48 - 2:01 (or thereabouts) when he talks about a reset of the global financial markets
I think.. can someone write down for me word for word, in context what he said, so I can see what he said?

...However the foreign US policy would change dramatically in case of threats from
China, on Government actors like ISIS and possible global economic crisis that will
force a reformatting of the global economic system.

France has also embraced a form of 'Russophobia'...

Hope this helps, Grace.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
@"BIAD"

Okay, that is halfway more clear.. I'm not sure I'm understanding the insinuation though, of why he is bringing up global financial crisis...

Is he saying that our stance on ISIS would change if we faced a global financial crisis? And is he saying this as a bad thing, or a good thing? Also, is he saying that ISIS works for us?

This almost sounds like a threat? I'm so confused. Lol..
(01-21-2017, 01:42 PM)Grace Wrote: @"BIAD"

Okay, that is halfway more clear.. I'm not sure I'm understanding the insinuation though, of why he is bringing up global financial crisis...

Is he saying that our stance on ISIS would change if we faced a global financial crisis? And  is he saying this as a bad thing, or a good thing? Also, is he saying that ISIS works for us?

I can only assume he means that the US will re-assign their funding focus if a financial crisis
occurred and there may have been a slight sarcastic swing at the idea that ISIS is basically
funded or at least endorsed, by the United States or certain US agencies,

Hope it helps.
(01-21-2017, 02:25 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 01:42 PM)Grace Wrote: @"BIAD"

Is he saying that our stance on ISIS would change if we faced a global financial crisis? And  is he saying this as a bad thing, or a good thing? Also, is he saying that ISIS works for us?

I can only assume he means that the US will re-assign their funding focus if a financial crisis
occurred and there may have been a slight sarcastic swing at the idea that ISIS is basically
funded or at least endorsed, by the United States or certain US agencies,

Hope it helps.

Yes that does. Thank you so much! 

You have no idea how difficult it can be sometimes to understand someone from other countries.. lol.. even in English it can be difficult to fully grasp the intended meaning behind the words. Unless you understand the foreign language itself and its idiosyncrasies, you often cannot understand the English they speak.
(01-21-2017, 04:27 PM)Grace Wrote: ...You have no idea how difficult it can be sometimes to understand someone from other countries.. 
Grace, if you listen to my accent and then travel 30 miles north of me, you'd think you
were in another country!!

Like this:
(01-21-2017, 06:03 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 04:27 PM)Grace Wrote: ...You have no idea how difficult it can be sometimes to understand someone from other countries.. 
Grace, if you listen to my accent and then travel 30 miles north of me, you'd think you
were in another country!!

Like this:

I have a difficult understanding what you write, and have had to ask my husband to translate because he seems to understand you much better than I can. Funny ... because I can understand an Arab who lives in London, but you go above my head constantly.. so I understand the difference in the speech styles in England are LARGE, depending upon location! Hahaha.. 

Honestly, if I didn't need my husband translating what you say into a form of English I can understand, I would speak to you more often as I find you both intelligent and witty..but making Nin go out of his way with time he doesn't have, is too much to ask in my opinion, so I only speak to you when I know I can understand what you wrote! Haha haha..

It's crazy isn't it? Lol..
(01-21-2017, 07:20 PM)Grace Wrote: ...It's crazy isn't it? Lol..
Nope!

It's what makes us all special. We're all made from different environments,
but we're all humans at the end of the day.

AND... we get to be Rogues too!!
minusculethumbsup

(How is Nin, by the way?)
(01-21-2017, 07:32 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 07:20 PM)Grace Wrote: ...It's crazy isn't it? Lol..
Nope!

It's what makes us all special. We're all made from different environments,
but we're all humans at the end of the day.

AND... we get to be Rogues too!!
minusculethumbsup

(How is Nin, by the way?)

So true.  So true.  :) 

Nin is doing wonderful.. he's working hard at work manager now, he has good days and bad of course where stress goes, but he comes home to a beer and a naked wifey .. lol.. so he seems happy enough. Just busy these days. 

I don't work so I have more time on me hands, but it is life... I can jump on the kindle while taking a quick break from dishes, Nin cannot. 

How are you doing?
(01-21-2017, 08:38 PM)Grace Wrote: How are you doing?

With a nod to Sky to ask for forgiveness for going off topic, I'm well, Grace.
Retired and enduring the grey winter... waiting for the sun to shine again!!

(Back on Topic)
I'm surprised by the recent case of 'Russophobia' being taken in hook-line-and-sinker.
It's as if we've re-wound the history tape and have to deal with 'the Red Menace' and
civil-rights all over again!

It just goes to show once again, that the Powers-That-Be haven't got very good
imaginations!
(01-21-2017, 10:26 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 08:38 PM)Grace Wrote: How are you doing?

With a nod to Sky to ask for forgiveness for going off topic, I'm well, Grace.
Retired and enduring the grey winter... waiting for the sun to shine again!!

(Back on Topic)
I'm surprised by the recent case of 'Russophobia' being taken in hook-line-and-sinker.
It's as if we've re-wound the history tape and have to deal with 'the Red Menace' and
civil-rights all over again!

It just goes to show once again, that the Powers-That-Be haven't got very good
imaginations!

Russia was convenient and in the way.   That's why. I don't believe everything Russia is saying, but from seeing actions, things are fairly clear for most, and I don't disagree entirely either.