Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You're Never Too Old To Learn
I'm shocked that I have never heard of this at my age, thus the title. 

My mother, and her mother, and every woman I've known growing up used the bottom drawer in the stove to store pans.  Now, after all these years, I learn it wasn't meant for that!   tinybighuh 

[Image: 7974961f1ddff29c3c35005fc6980f02]

Quote:Perhaps, like me, you use that drawer located underneath your stove for storing pans, cookie sheets, and muffin tins.
Unfortunately, we've all been doing it wrong, according to the good people who manufacture stoves.

While it does serve as a great spot for all of your back-up cooking tools, it's actually meant to be a warming drawer.

You may notice a message printed on the inside of the drawer or in some sort of owner's manual that says something like this: "The warming drawer is designed to keep hot foods at serving temperature. Always start with hot food. Cold or room-temperature foods cannot be heated, warmed, or cooked in the warming drawer. Bacteria will grow very rapidly in food that is between 40 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit."

Maybe it's because it's located so closely to the ground, or maybe it's because it's such a perfect spot for storing not-in-use skillets, but this is news to me. But what a great way to use all of that heat that goes into cooking your foods not to mention the ideal solution for dealing with dinner guests who are running late.

Source

Well, what do you know?!  Seems like a good idea, but now to figure out where to store all those pans I have stored in there!   tinywondering
What a weird coincidence that you are posting this up !!

Just yesterday, I was taking out baking sheets out of that oven drawer to make garlic bread and Louise asked me if I knew that the purpose of that drawer was to serve as a heating drawer...eeeerrrrrrr......

tinywhat

She had just read it on the internet and we both kinda went...'oh well...' and put the baking sheets back in there as soon as we were done with them...yes, with the other pans and stuff LOL ....

What a small world !!!

minusculethumbsup2
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Known that since childhood ..... tut ..... kids these days .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(01-15-2017, 05:32 PM)Sol Wrote: What a weird coincidence that you are posting this up !!

Just yesterday, I was taking out baking sheets out of that oven drawer to make garlic bread and Louise asked me if I knew that the purpose of that drawer was to serve as a heating drawer...eeeerrrrrrr......

tinywhat

She had just read it on the internet and we both kinda went...'oh well...' and put the baking sheets back in there as soon as we were done with them...yes, with the other pans and stuff LOL ....

What a small world !!!

minusculethumbsup2

That is weird/funny!   Small world indeed!   tinylaughing