Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remember The Days Of Normality?!!
Book explaining gender diversity to primary school children sparks furore.

'CJ Atkinson, author of Can I Tell You About Gender Diversity?, calls fury over book
from Mail on Sunday and Tory grandees a ‘trans-panic’

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1003]

“My name is Kit and I’m 12 years old. I live in a house with my mum and dad, and our
dog, Pickle. When I was born, the doctors told my mum and dad that they had
a baby girl, and so for the first few years of my life that’s how my parents raised me.

This is called being assigned female at birth. I wasn’t ever very happy that way.”

These are the opening lines of a controversial new book called Can I Tell You About
Gender Diversity? which is being introduced into some primary schools as a resource
for children, parents and teachers, and claims to be the first book to explain “medical
transitioning” to children as young as seven.

It is not published until later this month, but the slim volume has already prompted fury
from the Mail on Sunday, former Tory party chairman Lord Tebbit and one-time
Conservative Home Office minister Ann Widdecombe, as well as Mail columnist
Sarah Vine who complained that the target audience was children not even ready to
choose their A-levels, “let alone challenge their own biology”.

The book is written by LGBT activist CJ Atkinson. Speaking to the Guardian in their first
ever interview, Atkinson condemned the media coverage as misleading, inaccurate
and potentially harmful for young people who identify as transgender...'
SOURCE:

Are you freakin' kidding me...?!! Is it really a simple fact that a child is born and 'assigned'
a gender? As nature screwed up in not identifying what is a male and female?!

I'll have to send Boy In A Dress around to visit Ms. Atkinson!
tinylaughing

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Really?!  OMG!!   tinyhuh 

The world is getting so crazy, I really am stumped trying to figure out what happened to humanity to cause such a huge change in such a low number of years for how people think? 

I actually believe I woke up on a different parallel world somewhere along the way; this is all so foreign to my way of thinking.

(Stares at screen with mouth agape!)   tinywhat
Doctors do not "assign" genders, sorry to break that to you. smallnotamused

This is how it works......

When you are born, if you have a hose dangling between your legs, guess what, you are a boy.
If you have no hose between legs when you are born, guess what, that makes you a girl.

Simple as that.

Now how you feel as your grow older is up to you, hose or no hose.

But in the medical field, male/female is the medical term given according to your PHYSICAL attributes.

Doctors are not able to "see"  into the future to determine what genes are going to empower you as you mature.
Just as parents are not able to predict the outcome of their unborn child, male or female.

Quote:“Stop calling them boys and girls!”, the Mail on Sunday told readers that the book advised that children as young as seven should be taught in schools to stop using the terms boys and girls in case they discriminate against transgender pupils. In response, Tebbit said it was damaging to children to introduce uncertainty into their minds.

As for this, IMO it is up to the parents who find out that their child is transgender, to teach them to be strong and not take everything so offensive if someone in the real world happens to call them a boy/girl.

All this does is make them appear weak if they cry foul at every turn, expecting society to change for them.

This just adds to the political correctness bullshit that just keeps piling up.
Making everyone around uncomfortable afraid to say anything for fear of "offending" someone.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

This is tantamount to child abuse. Children need to be children, they need time to grow into whoever they are going to become as adults. 

Growing up, we have girls who are tomboys and we have boys who as young children might think it's fun to wear their moms high heels around the house or play with the occasional doll, yet both grow up to be perfectly healthy and happy, NORMAL men and women, who are anything but confused about their sex, and gender. 

There are children who are what we think of as the typical boy or girl as well, of course, but kids in general are just kids. We aren't letting them be kids anymore, and it's abuse. 

We are forcing babies to deal with situations that most adults can't handle, or don't know how to handle that, quite frankly, are so far outside the normal that most of us have never so much as met a transsexual, and few of us really know gays. 

In real life, at my husband's work there are two gays I think. That's just not a lot. I've worked many jobs and only worked with one gay person in my entire life.. just happened that way, and transgender are far far far fewer than gays are. I believe the math has them somewhere around .03% of the population..

And for that, we are going to refuse to allow children to just be babies and grow up without having these worries? 

It's sick, and we have lost our minds as a human race, to allow this.
(01-02-2017, 05:04 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Really?!  OMG!!   tinyhuh 

The world is getting so crazy, I really am stumped trying to figure out what happened to humanity to cause such a huge change in such a low number of years for how people think? 

I actually believe I woke up on a different parallel world somewhere along the way; this is all so foreign to my way of thinking.

(Stares at screen with mouth agape!)   tinywhat

It might be weird, but I have felt the same way lately. It's like suddenly wrong has become right and right has become wrong across the board and I find myself wondering what happened to the world... it seems terribly upside down anymore..
Now theres a book and author that needs burned ....... 

*wanders off to get petrol and marshmallows ..... *
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(01-03-2017, 09:05 AM)Grace Wrote: It might be weird, but I have felt the same way lately.
It's like suddenly wrong has become right and right has become wrong across the board and I find
myself wondering what happened to the world... it seems terribly upside down anymore..

I believe all of this 'gender identification' crap is basically about young shy people interacting
via the internet with like-minded kids in an echo-chamber.

Many youngsters have relationships with the opposite sex and life goes on.
Many have relationships with those of the same sex and life goes on.

But what about those who don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend...? What about those who're
too shy or deem themselves too dowdy/ugly to catch a partner? What about those who don't
wish to run the gauntlet that most men and women do in finding someone?

Well, you can sit around and create an external reason why you can't and now don't wish to...
(it feels better that way!)... have someone you can learn to trust and come up with stupid excuses
such as this woman did!

One would think that if Ms. Atkinson could manage the act of writing, researching and publishing
a book, then surely she must have read the necessary papers that deal with this 'new condition'
and know in her heart that she's writing pure nonsense?

It' could be nothing more than attention seeking by authoring a controversial book or wishing to
validate the reason she doesn't fancy fellas or chicks!!! Maybe all she needs is a good...

BIAD...! You can't write that. You cannot. (Damn you Daitengu!!)

I honestly think that if we have 'jumped' a timeline, it's the one where kids take longer to become
an adult.
Go ahead BIAD ...... write it ....... feel the power of the Darkside ......  take the first step on the path that will set you free .....

(01-03-2017, 03:52 PM)Daitengu Wrote: Go ahead BIAD ...... write it ....... feel the power of the Darkside ......  take the first step on the path that will set you free .....

*Boy In A Dress glances down at the bottomless vent that draws in air just
like the moans of hopelessness, but his gaze is drawn back to the grinning
cat in the black cloak filing it's claws.

"Go Ahead..." Daitengu whispers once more "...You know you want to" he sneers
from the shadow of his hood.

"But it's rude" BIAD says on a heavy breath and wonders why the author omitted
the light-sabres from the story. The Man-girl liked the sounds they made.

"Yes it's rude, that's the point you idiot" Daitengu roars and begins to slowly to lift
the sackcloth gown to reveal his Bermuda shorts.

Counting off the two seconds under his breath for dramatic effect, BAID roars out at
the top of his lungs "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"*

(All Copyrights Retained)
Join me BIAD ....... its your destiny ...... embrace the darkness ..... let the power flow through you ......

Let's take a few steps back, and look at this.  I agree that children should not be "taught" what gender to be, but this idea (not the book)
seems to be about acceptance of different sexualities.

I can see sort of where this is coming from - in India, you have hijras and in Thailand ladyboys, who do not feel happy with their sexuality, and they are not ostracised/beaten in the way that gays were.

If at a certain age you decided that you no longer want dangly bits, or want to be a boy then that is your choice.

This is why in the last ten or so years, I have met and encountered a large number of "lesbian grannies" as I call them - women who have been married and had kids, and then grandkids and then they decide they have had enough of conforming to society and find a same sex partner, which they would have done when growing up if society had been different - but it wasn't in their time.

As Bob Dylan sang "The times they are achangin' "