Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Targeting Conspiracy Research
David Icke says it so well in this video about how the government is trying to stop "conspiracy theorists" from speaking out. 
Why, if these people are all "nuts", are they so worried about what they say?
Could it be the "nuts" are exposing the real truth about what the Elite are doing?

Listen to the video below:

And now we have Obama signing an 'Anti-Propaganda' bill into law with 2017 NDAA, which goes against our 1st Amendment rights!

[Image: 700_679b2a5e22652ee488f74c33a9ab7264.jpg?v=1482688532]

Quote:President Obama gives unprecedented powers to the military to crack down on freedom of speech. In one of his final acts as President of the United States, Barrack Obama has quietly signed a new act into law which could have catastrophic effects on freedom of speech on the internet. The new bill in question is contained within the bulky 2017 National Defense Authorization Act which includes a potentially dangerous section referred to as the Counter Disinformation and Anti-Propaganda Bill. This bill will criminalize supposedly ‘fake news’ and ‘propaganda’ on the internet and will allow the unprecedented state powers when it comes to cracking down on free speech and expression among the independent media.

Civil rights campaigners are already expressing considerable concern about the implications posed by this move by the incumbent president. This is because it will effectively allow the government to impose stiff sanctions against any media outlet which does not support its agenda or the status quo. In addition to that, after silencing dissent, the government will be sure to fund its propaganda wing generously. The effect of this could present a chilling effect on public discourse concerning political affairs. Activists have also pointed out that this new law may well be unconstitutional. The right to free speech and a free press is guaranteed under the First Amendment of the US Constitution.

Read more on this: LINK

In a statement, Obama said that:
Today, I have signed into law S. 2943, the “National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017.” This Act authorizes fiscal year 2017 appropriations principally for the Department of Defense and for Department of Energy national security programs, provides vital benefits for military personnel and their families, and includes authorities to facilitate ongoing operations around the globe. It continues many critical authorizations necessary to ensure that we are able to sustain our momentum in countering the threat posed by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and to reassure our European allies, as well as many new authorizations that, among other things, provide the Departments of Defense and Energy more flexibility in countering cyber-attacks and our adversaries’ use of unmanned aerial vehicles.”

Obummer is doing everything he can before he leaves office to see that America has it's freedoms taken away!
It makes me wonder what else he has up his sleeve before he's gone?!   tinyok
Yes, he has to do all he can to destroy America, you're right, because his Accomplish Was Not Elected!  Hey Obumma,  minusculemooning
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
It's just him lashing out about his fake birth certificate!!

It makes me giggle when Snopes explains that all the Obama anomalies... or at least
some of them, as either investigative mistakes or just curious mishaps than can happen
to anyone.

If we assume that this subject is complete fantasy, then there's a path that warrants it's
place in a novel because it's many facets are rational. It's just the status of the individual
that creates the doubt.

Anyway, there was no Watergate, Sally Hemmings just liked the way Jefferson talked,
an assistant called Lewinsky never had a cigar pushed up her ass, the CIA are just guys
who fly drones around for fun and nobody is really tortured in a place Obama promised
to close.

It's the Disney Channel for me!
tinydrroling
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
After looking through the text I can't find anything that actually makes it criminal to spread propaganda. There is one concerning part about how the government will store the data....but that's not exactly earth shattering news. 

Quote:(B) To collect and store examples in print, online, and social media, disinformation, misinformation, and propaganda directed at the United States and its allies and partners.

They will pay to have this stored. So they can give facebook tax payer money (for example) to take their "labeling fake news" to the next level. They can label it and then report back to the government. 

But for anybody interested, here's the section of the NDAA that covers this:

Quote:SEC. 1259C. GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT CENTER.
(a) Establishment.—Not later than 180 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of State, in coordination with the Secretary of Defense and the heads of other relevant Federal departments and agencies, shall establish a Global Engagement Center (in this section referred to as the “Center”). The purposes of the Center are—
(1) to lead and coordinate the compilation and examination of information on foreign government information warfare efforts monitored and integrated by the appropriate interagency entities with responsibility for such information, including information provided by recipients of information access fund grants awarded under subsection (f) and other sources;
(2) to establish a framework for the integration of critical data and analysis provided by the appropriate interagency entities with responsibility for such information on foreign propaganda and disinformation efforts into the development of national strategy;
(3) to develop, plan, and synchronize, in coordination with the Secretary of Defense, and the heads of other relevant Federal departments and agencies, whole-of-government initiatives to expose and counter foreign propaganda and disinformation directed against United States national security interests and proactively advance fact-based narratives that support United States allies and interests;
(4) to demonstrate new technologies, methodologies and concepts relevant to the missions of the Center that can be transitioned to other departments or agencies of the United States Government, foreign partners or allies, or other nongovernmental entities;
(5) to establish cooperative or liaison relationships with foreign partners and allies in consultation with interagency entities with responsibility for such activities, and other entities, such as academia, nongovernmental organizations, and the private sector; and
(6) to identify shortfalls in United States capabilities in any areas relevant to the United States Government’s mission, and recommend necessary enhancements or changes.
(b) Functions.—The Center shall carry out the following functions:
(1) Integrating interagency and international efforts to track and evaluate counterfactual narratives abroad that threaten the national security interests of the United States and United States allies.
(2) Integrating, and analyzing relevant information, data, analysis, and analytics from United States Government agencies, allied nations, think tanks, academic institutions, civil society groups, and other nongovernmental organizations.
(3) Developing and disseminating fact-based narratives and analysis to counter propaganda and disinformation directed at United States allies and partners.
(4) Identifying current and emerging trends in foreign propaganda and disinformation based on the information provided by the appropriate interagency entities with responsibility for such information, including information obtained from print, broadcast, online and social media, support for third-party outlets such as think tanks, political parties, and nongovernmental organizations, and the use of covert or clandestine special operators and agents to influence targeted populations and governments in order to coordinate and shape the development of tactics, techniques, and procedures to expose and refute foreign misinformation and disinformation and proactively promote fact-based narratives and policies to audiences outside the United States.
(5) Facilitating the use of a wide range of technologies and techniques by sharing expertise among agencies, seeking expertise from external sources, and implementing best practices.
(6) Identifying gaps in United States capabilities in areas relevant to the Center’s mission and recommending necessary enhancements or changes.
(7) Identifying the countries and populations most susceptible to foreign government propaganda and disinformation based on information provided by appropriate interagency entities.
(8) Administering the information access fund established pursuant to subsection (f).
(9) Coordinating with allied and partner nations, particularly those frequently targeted by foreign disinformation operations, and international organizations and entities such as the NATO Center of Excellence on Strategic Communications, the European Endowment for Democracy, and the European External Action Service Task Force on Strategic Communications, in order to amplify the Center’s efforts and avoid duplication.
© Coordinator.—The Secretary of State shall appoint a full-time Coordinator to lead the Center.
(d) Employees Of The Center.—
(1) DETAILEES.—Any Federal Government employee may be detailed to the Center without reimbursement, and such detail shall be without interruption or loss of civil service status or privilege for a period of not more than three years.
(2) PERSONAL SERVICE CONTRACTORS.—The Secretary of State may exercise the authority provided under section 3161 of title 5, United States Code, to establish a program (referred to in this subsection as the “Program”) for hiring United States citizens or aliens as personal services contractors for purposes of personnel resources of the Center, if—
(A) the Secretary determines that existing personnel resources are insufficient;
(B) the period in which services are provided by a personal services contractor under the Program, including options, does not exceed three years, unless the Secretary determines that exceptional circumstances justify an extension of up to one additional year;
© not more than 20 United States citizens or aliens are employed as personal services contractors under the Program at any time; and
(D) the Program is only used to obtain specialized skills or experience or to respond to urgent needs.
(e) Authorization Of Appropriations.—Under “Diplomatic and Consular Programs”, for each of fiscal years 2017 and 2018, $10,000,000 is authorized to be appropriated to the Department of State and may remain available until expended to carry out the functions, duties, and responsibilities of the Center.
(f) Information Access Fund.—
(1) AUTHORITY FOR GRANTS.—The Center is authorized to provide grants or contracts of financial support to civil society groups, journalists, nongovernmental organizations, federally-funded research and development centers, private companies, or academic institutions for the following purposes:
(A) To support local independent media who are best placed to refute foreign disinformation and manipulation in their own communities.
(B) To collect and store examples in print, online, and social media, disinformation, misinformation, and propaganda directed at the United States and its allies and partners.
© To analyze and report on tactics, techniques, and procedures of foreign government information warfare with respect to disinformation, misinformation, and propaganda.
(D) To support efforts by the Center to counter efforts by foreign governments to use disinformation, misinformation, and propaganda to influence the policies and social and political stability of the United States and United States allies and partners.
(2) FUNDING AVAILABILITY AND LIMITATIONS.—The Secretary of State shall provide that each organization that applies to receive funds under this subsection undergoes a vetting process in accordance with the relevant existing regulations to ensure its bona fides, capability, and experience, and its compatibility with United States interests and objectives.
(g) Limitation.—None of the funds authorized to be appropriated by the Act to carry out this section shall be used for purposes other than countering foreign propaganda and misinformation that threatens United States national security.
(h) Termination Of Center.—The Center shall terminate on the date that is 5 years after the date of the enactment of this Act.

I should note, this is the version that passed the House a couple of weeks ago. 

HR 4909
(12-26-2016, 03:54 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: After looking through the text I can't find anything that actually makes it criminal to spread propaganda. There is one concerning part about how the government will store the data....but that's not exactly earth shattering news. . 1259C. GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT CENTER.
My question then is, why are some of my friends already having their posts disappear on Face Book only minutes after putting them up?
And, I have clicked on some that took me to a place that said something completely different than the subject in the title, or it said "This site does not exist", or something similar to that effect.
One of my "friends" on Face Book does not post anything but serious content, but sometimes it is controversial.  He said that was one that was taken down.
(12-26-2016, 04:47 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(12-26-2016, 03:54 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: After looking through the text I can't find anything that actually makes it criminal to spread propaganda. There is one concerning part about how the government will store the data....but that's not exactly earth shattering news. . 1259C. GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT CENTER.
My question then is, why are some of my friends already having their posts disappear on Face Book only minutes after putting them up?
And, I have clicked on some that took me to a place that said something completely different than the subject in the title, or it said "This site does not exist", or something similar to that effect.
One of my "friends" on Face Book does not post anything but serious content, but sometimes it is controversial.  He said that was one that was taken down.

That I'm not sure. But I will say that Facebook can (and does) decide what to censor or not censor any content they choose. With or without the NDAA they can do what they like with their site. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if humans don't even look at content, that they have an algorithm that looks for certain groupings of words to cut out a post automatically.
(12-26-2016, 04:47 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

That Obama Loving, Hillary Supporting Ass at Facebook thinks that he's a News Agency Now.
But only wants to allow posts he approves of to serve his agenda anf that of the Progressive Left.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]