Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Christmas !! Yes, that's right. Christmas.
Yes, that's right.

Christmas !

Not Happy Hannukah or Happy Mulhulla or Happy Holidays. Fuck those. Merry Christmas !

The twenty first century has become a free for all Holidays melting pot. And although we are asked to respect others and their religions, we are being told that our own ways need to subtly take a back stance to make way for such respect.

Fine, or so I thought when this shenanigan all started, many, many years ago.

What is NO longer fine is when others that ask for respect take that as a one way street.

When they now tell us that we shouldn't put up Christmas trees.

When they now tell us to minimize Christmas decorations in public places.

When they now tell us that such a Christmas song is somehow offensive, because of a few words. Say what? Fucking pussies.

Let's not forget how they now look at us like we're fucking extraterrestrials for wearing Christmas clothes. Or drinking eggnog.

HEY !

Do I need to remind everyone that this is OUR way, OUR traditions? On OUR turf?

WTF !

There's a fine line between minimization and annihilation.

If you can't respect our ways, while asking that we respect yours...well...here's my answer to all of it;

FUCK YOU.

That's right. Two little words that eventually will mean as little as the two words that are ' Merry Christmas ' nowadays, by the way it's going.

Merry Christmas.

Did that hurt? Are your feelings okay?

I'm just asking but really, I couldn't care less.

In North America and many other places around this planet, Merry Christmas means something.

Something you'll never understand. And no, it's nothing like the 'commercial Christmas spend all that's in your wallet' gimmick that I'm talking about.

It's the time of the year where we get together, with the ones we love, where we remember those who've left us, where we celebrate our young ones.

Where a Christmas tree represents joy and happiness. Where Christmas decorations reminds us all of a time that has passed, the one that is present and of the one that is to come.

So spare me your indulgence and fake smiles. I'm done respecting your shit until you respect mine.

Until then,

Merry Christmas !!

[Image: Funny-merry-christmas-quotes.jpeg]

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Right on!  I Second That!   minusculeclap 

That's all I can say for now because I just got into it with someone on a different site and I'm exhausted, making basically the same rant you just made.

Sigh... I need to go meditate and realign my chakras now.   mediumexhausted
(12-19-2016, 06:40 PM)Sol Wrote: FUCK YOU....

Merry Christmas !!

But, what do you REALLY think?? LOL

OK, my turn!

Merry Yule & a Happy Solstice!

It rips my f*cking knitting when all these Christians "adopt" our Pagan festivals as their own and incorporate all of our celebratory ideas, like "Christmas" Trees, decorations, lighting candles, feasting, decorating yule logs etc etc

Nobody knows the date when Jesus Christ was born because it was never recorded at the time.
When the Romans adopted Christianity, they needed a way to make it easier for the pagan populace to be converted, so they chose a date that coincided with an existing pagan festival and incorporated many of the Pagan traditions into the new "Christ Mass" celebration.

True story that.

But, in all honesty..... I'm just at the wind-up and I celebrate Christmas with the best of 'em.
Precisely because of the reasons Sol listed earlier!
So, Merry Christmas to one and all, Happy Yule, Smiley Solstice, Peace on Earth etc etc...

CELEBRATE! Don't get butt-hurt!! or..... do what Sol suggested.... Go Forth and Multiply!

mediumscotshowingbutt mediumwink

G
*BIAD looks up from his contemplation on the stoop of his shed and says:
"Merry Christmas"*

The celebration of Christmas to the average person in the street holds very little
religious trappings these days. Businesses relish it without using the word 'God'
and the TV get to put on re-runs from the eighties.

If the Nativity is mentioned, nine-times-out-of-ten it's tied to their kids wearing
beards and pretending to be a donkey in a school's play.

The Queen of England talks down her subjects -via the goggle-box, after their
Christmas Day dinner and whilst the father of the house is snoring.

To say 'Merry Christmas' to somebody is to wish good cheer... nothing more.
To be nice to each other, to be human.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(12-19-2016, 09:58 PM)gordi Wrote: It rips my f*cking knitting when...
That's a keeper, Big Man!!
minusculebeercheers
(12-19-2016, 09:58 PM)gordi Wrote:
(12-19-2016, 06:40 PM)Sol Wrote: FUCK YOU....

Merry Christmas !!

But, what do you REALLY think?? LOL

OK, my turn!

Merry Yule & a Happy Solstice!

It rips my f*cking knitting when all these Christians "adopt" our Pagan festivals as their own and incorporate all of our celebratory ideas, like "Christmas" Trees, decorations, lighting candles, feasting, decorating yule logs etc etc

Nobody knows the date when Jesus Christ was born because it was never recorded at the time.
When the Romans adopted Christianity, they needed a way to make it easier for the pagan populace to be converted, so they chose a date that coincided with an existing pagan festival and incorporated many of the Pagan traditions into the new "Christ Mass" celebration.

True story that.

But, in all honesty..... I'm just at the wind-up and I celebrate Christmas with the best of 'em.
Precisely because of the reasons Sol listed earlier!
So, Merry Christmas to one and all, Happy Yule, Smiley Solstice, Peace on Earth etc etc...

CELEBRATE! Don't get butt-hurt!! or..... do what Sol suggested.... Go Forth and Multiply!

mediumscotshowingbutt mediumwink

G

I agree with you Big G. I am well aware than Christmas is a deformation of pagan values.

My point is that some people cry and whine that Christmas should be minimized. Heck, some people start denouncing Christmas songs as being offensive.

I respect all faiths (or just about) but now it's just as long as they'll respect mine. Not that I have Christian faith or anything but you see, I was raised with certain traditions, traditions that are now being shoved aside to favor some minorities that have walked in the door. Respect is a two way street.

I was raised with Christmas trees, decorations, a Christmas log, presents under the tree and Christmas songs. We gather at Christmas and have fun. So has just about everyone around me.

I hold no grudge towards anyone, no matter the faith, as long as it's live and let live.

But it's no longer live and let live, it's put my way of living aside but respect their way of living. Errrr....no. Not happening. Not if they try to kill my way of living while demanding respect - which is bullshit btw.

You know where this will eventually lead to? Losing our values and traditions. A little step at a time. Ban this, ban that and soon enough, you'll have to write a letter to your deputy to know if it's okay to have a shit in the woods and pamper your butt with a leaf...Has anyone noticed, more and more, that some nutball cries for the stupidest reason but then some people in a position of power decide to make it law?

And then all of us pay the bill - the price.

Some people favor words like Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. Fine. If Merry Christmas hurts their feelings, boohoo, tough.

I ain't about to stop saying it. And living it.

JMO.
(12-19-2016, 11:10 PM)Sol Wrote: I agree with you Big G. I am well aware than Christmas is a deformation of pagan values.

My point is that some people cry and whine that Christmas should be minimized. Heck, some people start denouncing Christmas songs as being offensive.

I respect all faiths (or just about) but now it's just as long as they'll respect mine. Not that I have Christian faith or anything but you see, I was raised with certain traditions, traditions that are now being shoved aside to favor some minorities that have walked in the door. Respect is a two way street.

I was raised with Christmas trees, decorations, a Christmas log, presents under the tree and Christmas songs. We gather at Christmas and have fun. So has just about everyone around me.

I hold no grudge towards anyone, no matter the faith, as long as it's live and let live.

But it's no longer live and let live, it's put my way of living aside but respect their way of living. Errrr....no. Not happening. Not if they try to kill my way of living while demanding respect - which is bullshit btw.

You know where this will eventually lead to? Losing our values and traditions. A little step at a time. Ban this, ban that and soon enough, you'll have to write a letter to your deputy to know if it's okay to have a shit in the woods and pamper your butt with a leaf...Has anyone noticed, more and more, that some nutball cries for the stupidest reason but then some people in a position of power decide to make it law?

Some people favor words like Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. Fine. If Merry Christmas hurts their feelings, boohoo, tough.

JMO.

We are as one.
You have a Christmas tree, decorations, yule log, presents, & songs?
You are as pagan as I... or the next honest man.
You want to defend your right to celebrate your traditions?
I will drink to that my friend. More than that, I will gladly stand by your side and defend that right with you.

Merry Christmas.
minusculebeercheers

BigG
(12-19-2016, 10:17 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(12-19-2016, 09:58 PM)gordi Wrote: It rips my f*cking knitting when...
That's a keeper, Big Man!!
minusculebeercheers

It's pretty good isn't it?? ROFL
(12-20-2016, 12:08 AM)gordi Wrote:
(12-19-2016, 11:10 PM)Sol Wrote: I agree with you Big G. I am well aware than Christmas is a deformation of pagan values.

JMO.

We are as one.
You have a Christmas tree, decorations, yule log, presents, & songs?
You are as pagan as I... or the next honest man.
You want to defend your right to celebrate your traditions?
I will drink to that my friend. More than that, I will gladly stand by your side and defend that right with you.

Merry Christmas.
minusculebeercheers

BigG

minusculebiggrin

Well...the tree isn't up yet lol...had no time. Neither are the decorations, come to think of it. Presents aren't bought yet. Damn...

But I do listen to Christmas songs on the road and will definitely have a log for Christmas. : )

(And the tree will be up, decorations and presents there) For the very first time, we will be celebrating at Louise's cousin. Another family honoring the tradition.

But I'll let you in on a secret, Big G. Between you and I and a few dozens of eyes who'll be reading this. I'm not even sure my sister is aware of this. As I wandered off Christianity (yes, I was a hardship follower until I became a young man - that'd be a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...) but a few years after that, a path lead me to choose to become a Pagan, which I remained, for quite a few numerous years. Yes, celebrating Pagan holidays, doing rituals, and some other stuff that I wouldn't want to share on line lol...

I think that Christmas, for me, is a family tradition. Celebrated with my grand parents until I was 8 and then with my father, aunts and uncles until they got really old and unfortunately faded away. This time of the year, I pause and remember them all, and still miss them.

I wish to keep the right to have a Christmas tree indeed and everything Christmas related, if only for the memories they summon inside me. To remove such a right, for me, is like denying that these people I miss ever existed, kinda. I think that this is what a tradition is all about.

So, yes, I would gladly have a drink with you, at any time of the year, or be it Yule or Christmas : )

minusculebeercheers

Marc.
(12-20-2016, 01:36 AM)Sol Wrote: ....So, yes, I would gladly have a drink with you, at any time of the year, or be it Yule or Christmas : )

minusculebeercheers

Marc.

We are as one.
minusculebeercheers
G
Eh ?????? Someone mention drinks ??????
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(12-20-2016, 12:42 PM)Daitengu Wrote: Eh ?????? Someone mention drinks ??????

Yes, Rogue Nation has decided to open the bar early for this Yuletide season and if you'd be
kind enough to look to your left, you'll see that the crates of many delicious ales, spirits and
fine wines have your name branded on their flanks.

There yours, Dait... and pace yourself.
tinybiggrin
(12-20-2016, 12:48 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(12-20-2016, 12:42 PM)Daitengu Wrote: Eh ?????? Someone mention drinks ??????
Also, there's a tanker from a nearby brewery on it's way, so with a little diligence,
we can keep you 'happy' until Boxing Day (26th)
tinysurprised