Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jesus Christ's tomb opened
http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/jesu...li=BBqdg4K

The tomb has been sealed in marble since at least 1555 – and possibly centuries longer – to protect it from pilgrims who kept stealing pieces as holy relics.
Negotiations to open the tomb for vital repairs began in 1959 but all decisions must be agreed by a “status quo committee” of the three religious leaders.
The committee often struggles to agree, making any changes or repairs notoriously slow and difficult.
The key to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre is kept by a Muslim family who have unlocked the building every morning for the last 500 years.
Fredrik says: “Everything has to be approved by the committee, so even changing a candle takes a long time.
"There is a ladder by the main entrance to the church that hasn’t moved in 240 years and they still haven’t reached a decision. It’s called the immovable
ladder. So the fact we were finally allowed to carry out this work is a triumph of negotiation.”

What really amazes me about this sort of news is that otherwise sensible normal people still follow religion and believe all that they are told by the above
dinosaurs.
(12-03-2016, 09:51 PM)Just Looking Wrote: What really amazes me about this sort of news is that otherwise sensible normal people still
follow religion and believe all that they are told by the above dinosaurs.

Because for many, accepting that your life is at the mercy of random instances that are not always
under your control or aren't part some sort of larger divine plan, is terrifying.
Even of you have letters after your name or wear a crown.

Faith is a strong rope that assists in keeping your sh*t together!

(By the way and off topic, do you need a personal avatar?!)
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Just Looking said: 
Quote:What really amazes me about this sort of news is that otherwise sensible normal people still follow religion and believe all that they are told by the above

dinosaurs.

Amen To That Statement!
How in this World can anyone continue to believe there's an All Knowing, All Seeing and All Loving God?
People are still dying of Disease aren't they, people are still Starving aren't they and we still have Terrorist killing innocent people don't we.
We've sent rockets through the Heavens where God is suppose to reside and jet fly through his kingdom all the time.
No one has reported seeing anyone setting on a Cloud or seen Cities of Gold.
Religion was created to make people Fear the unknown.
Religion was created to be used by Men to Control Others and gain Wealth and Sexual Favors.
Sorry if I hurt anyones belief system, but I don't Believe.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(12-03-2016, 10:13 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(12-03-2016, 09:51 PM)Just Looking Wrote: What really amazes me about this sort of news is that otherwise sensible normal people still
follow religion and believe all that they are told by the above dinosaurs.

(By the way and off topic, do you need a personal avatar?!)

Yes, she does. Her avatar messes up my alerts all the time.   tinylaughing  (Sorry Grace, but you need an avatar.)

I need one too; a holiday one.  Put me on a Santa bonnet and some snow background, so something festive.

Sorry... got way off topic with BIAD.   tinybighuh
(12-03-2016, 11:06 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Yes, she does. Her avatar messes up my alerts all the time.   tinylaughing  (Sorry Grace, but you need an avatar.)

Ditto! tinylaughing

Jude
Quote:Religion was created to be used by Men to Control Others and gain Wealth and Sexual Favors.

My sentiments exactly.

I find it funny that we go after country leaders and want to push them in front of a unilateral justice system for crimes against humanity when the Vatican and its peers have killed more people than all wars combined and keep getting a free pass on theft, corruption and child abuse.

Purleeeease.......

From the article:

Quote:Without bones or artefacts we’ll never be able to say for sure this was the tomb of Christ.

Why would he need a tomb if he resurrected? Oh wait...

Maybe it is Santa Claus' tomb? No, he was invented too...by Coca Cola...

Damn...who can tell what is true anymore? Or that everything we were ever thought was wrong. History is made by those who write it.

And they weren't all Saints.

tinylaughing
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
As the article concludes:

Quote:“That is a matter of faith. It always has been and it probably always will be.”

And there it is. If you don't want to believe in a god, then don't. if you do, then do. It makes no difference to any one besides yourself. If you demand "proof", it's probably best to look in another direction, and forego the search for a deity, because deities are pretty notorious for being obstinately against jumping through hoops to "prove" themselves and amuse their creations. I'm pretty sure that in most of their rule books, they tell YOU how it goes, not the other way 'round.

So faith in a god is between the faith-holder and that god in the end. Or not-god, as the case may be. Absence of faith is no less "faith" than presence of it, because neither direction is provable. It's all a matter of faith, which is "knowing" what cannot be proven.

One "knows" there is a god? good. There's his faith. Another "knows" just as well that there is NO god? good. there's HIS faith.

To each his own, and let the dust settle where it will.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’