Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
University Students Comforted with ‘Counseling’ after Seeing Confederate Flag on Lapt
Oh I call bullshit on these drama queens, come on......you are just trying to stir up shit when there is none, because you can
And the colleges are just as guilty for catering to these few kids

(Nov. 2015)
Quote:University students in Massachusetts who were upset by an image of a Confederate flag sticker on another student’s laptop were offered counseling services at Framingham State University.

The offer came after the university’s “chief diversity and inclusion officer,” Sean Huddleston, described the display of the small Confederate flag sticker as a “bias incident.”

According to Metrowest Daily News, students filed two “bias reports” within the past month as a result of a student displaying the flag in some way. The most recent bias incident – reported on November 19 – was a report of a student having seen a Confederate flag sticker on another student’s laptop.

In an email to students, Huddleston did not declare a ban on displaying the flag, but claimed that it upsets some students.

SOURCE

How many people on college campus and all this over 2 "bias reports" (what a classy name)

Just do not understand how 2 or 3 people can effect the whole damn school system like that
Maybe someone needs to have a talking to them about tolerance towards others

And even tho there were only 2 complaints, they sent out an email to students...most of which could care less 
Huddleston did not declare a ban on displaying the flag, but claimed that it upsets some students.
 So now we announce every little complaint to the whole school, when it used to be kept among those involved? Ooookaaaay

Quote:   A student reported a bias incident today, in which the image of the Confederate flag was displayed on a laptop. Many of you may be aware that last month we received a Bias Incident involving two other students for a similar issue. Although related in nature, the two incidents involve separate parties.

The FSU Bias Protocol and Response Team has been made aware of the incident, and will meet to determine any measures that may be needed to respond to the incident. Our primary goal continues to be to expeditiously address and resolve incidents of bias that impede our progress toward a welcoming and inclusive campus community.

Pardon me, but WTF is the "Bias Protocol and Response Team" ???  :dry: 

My god are people that overly sensitive now a days that there has to be some kind of friggin response team created ???   :blink: 

How on earth are these young adults going to be able to make it on their own once they leave these "safe zones" on college campus
Because in the real world, they better learn to suck it up and deal with issues in a mature and responsible way, not run home and cry to Momma   

Yep, the next generation of kids is going to be nothing but a bunch of whiney azz cry babies if they keep this touchy-feely shit up
But then again, think most do it now a days just because they can, not because they are "offended and distraught" 

Cannot believe how soft colleges have gotten
So much for teaching history and diversity among the students 
Or at least where the Rebel flag is concerned

How pathetic!!
Sorry, I feel zero sympathy for these people

I will say this, have to hand it to the MSM for creating hyper-hysteria towards the rebel flag
Now we are experiencing a new phobia.....the "reb-phobia"

And sadly, much of it is nothing to do about nothing

Students Referred to Counseling Services After a Confederate Flag Was Seen on a Laptop

[Image: 48905482.jpg]
How about the whiny little girls stay home in mummy and daddys basement to avoid being offended by the big bad world ...... with that kind of shit world definetly needs a damn reset ...... though they may be usefull as poster kids on why some people shouldnt breed and the need for sterilization and abortions .....
If you think about it, none of the paranoia towards the rebel flag really kicked in until the church shooting

Then the MSM ran with it, and my god what a monster it has grown into now

They (MSM) have done all but criminalized the flag and label those who have one racists
But believe you me, there are those pushing for that now

Instead of teaching proper history (meaning it ain't just about slaves and being a racist), they are instilling fear in the public
And now, the public is taking the bait and running with it, crying about how the flag distraught and causes them fear
Point in case about how people are acting differently towards the rebel flag, their actions absurd to the point of being childish and ignorant

UW-L discusses 'fear and angst' over Confederate flag...on a semi truck, not a student's truck

Quote:A Confederate flag on University of Wisconsin-La Crosse grounds has stirred up debate between advocates of free speech and proponents of inclusivity after a campus official apologized for the “fear and angst” caused by the banner.

The controversy arose after Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Paula Knudson received complaints, both in the form of phone calls and official “hate and bias” reports, about the flag’s presence on the grille cover of a semi-tractor parked on the student center construction site.

“It was numerous. Calls started coming, people started coming in, and other offices started calling in,” Knudson said Wednesday.

The message she received was “essentially, this is hurtful,” Knudson said, and called the university to action.

Among those who filed reports was physics senior Matthew Dreis, who saw the flag on his way to class Friday morning. Dreis was disappointed to see what he considers hate speech displayed in the heart of campus.

“I was let down. I really hoped we were beyond that in 2015,” Dreis said.

While Dreis understands the display is protected by the First Amendment, he said displaying the flag shows bad taste and indicates a larger problem on campus.

“That’s very inappropriate. I think we have problems with institutionalized racism at our school and when we see it at the construction site of the physical building where students are getting their education it solidifies that there’s a problem with our campus atmosphere,” Dreis said.

So now here we have some students forcing their will on someone who does not even go to school there but is there working on a construction site.
In other words, their rights trump the rights of the truck driver, even tho they claim freedom of expression 

Quote:Knudson asked UW-L Executive Director of Facilities Douglas Pearson to speak to the construction site superintendent, who asked the driver of the truck to remove it. The driver complied without complaint.

So the school went to the site's Superintendent to tell the trucker to remove the flag from the grill of his truck 
They said the guy "complied" which I'm sure he did, being as he needs a paycheck 

[Image: 9p4nq3M.png]

In an email sent to students Friday afternoon, Knudson apologized for “the fear and angst caused by (the flag’s) presence” and explained that the flag had been removed.

Fear and angst....think the only angst that was caused was by you guys acting hysterically and making the guy remove it
If I were him, I would be pissed and annoyed

If people are that weak minded to let something like that cause "fear", well I just don't know
These so-called "Safe Zones" are not available in the real world   

Quote:Senior Zachary Allen, who said he doesn't support the flag, began organizing a demonstration supporting freedom of speech after he said it sounded like it had been forcibly removed.

While Allen agrees the flag sends a poor message, he doesn’t feel it’s the university’s role to force its removal on campus.

“Nope, I don’t support the Confederate flag … I don’t agree with its use, but they still have every right under the law to do so,” Allen said.

Damn straight they have every right to fly the rebel flag
 Being as it is their right, just like you all have your rights

But your rights do not trump those of others, you all need to remember that kiddies
No matter how offended you pretend to be about something
Well in all actuality, the flag these ignorant students and educators need to Fear is the Flag of the Country of Mauritania.

[Image: 225px-Flag_of_Mauritania.svg.png] 

Why, well this is the 21st. century and most of their population is either Sold, Rented or Bought as Slaves.

Quote:Up to 20% of the Mauritanian population is enslaved, according to NGOs on the ground. Some are natives who are bought, sold and rented as slaves, while others are trafficked into the country from surrounding regions. Slavery has been prohibited by Mauritanian law since 1961, however it has been shown to be very difficult for slaves to plead their case to the government.

Link

OH, and what country is this,,,, Mauritania in north-west Africa,,, OMG,,, Not America!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
After show this article and others posted showing the bullshit of american higher education to a friend here ..... friend just told his son not only no but hell no on him going to an american college.
The De-Balling of America is a sad thing to watch. 

I mean, really.. The Civil Rights movement started with student protesters trained and specifically chosen for their ability to take severe beating by police WITHOUT physically reacting. That was the sort of tough stuff people just aren't made out of anymore. The powder puff wussies calling themselves protesters need to go learn a bit more and get beyond being students before pretending to know enough to tell the whole world its wrong. 

Hubris...arrogance..all based on profound ignorance. What a thing to see.
"Bias incident"? A college campus, and they don't even have a dictionary to find out what "bias" or "incident" mean?

"Bias Protocol and Response Team"? RESPONSE? Who the hell needs to call a meeting to determine a "response" to an actual "incident"? By the time they get their fingers out of their asses, any real incident would have been long over. Maybe if someone can send them a goddamned dictionary, they can look up "response" right after they find out the meanings of "bias" and "incident".

My favorite, though is “chief diversity and inclusion officer” . The hell? Now THERE is a gimme job, a pie job, if ever I heard of one. Just sit on yer ass and whine about meaningless crap to pampered pussies and get paid for it? Where do I sign up for THAT gig?

Perhaps the scariest thing is that these asshole-babies are going to be the ones running the world when we are gone. How are they ever going to find their way out of their bubbles and into statehouses?

Who in the world is going to tie their shoes for them?
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

It's what they're being taught.

The aspect of automatic-blame, laid against a school-taught self-induced guilt
that whenever they perceive another's beliefs and don't agree with them, then
they are wrong to think that and should somehow feel terrible about their feelings.

From my own research, it seems:
If you're white and meet someone who is black, you should feel guilty that black
people were once slaves and your race were the ones doing the enslaving.

Even though these kids' parents weren't alive when this terrible time was happening,
they still should be feeling awful and soak themselves in guilt.

If you're hetrosexual, and see that being gay or having any other sexual orientation
is 'not quite your cup of tea' -then you should reevaluate your own feelings and come
to understand that you're not only incorrect, you should feel bad about yourself.

If you have a different political view from another, then you should not only appreciate
another's opinion, you should see that if your own view is too-outrageous, then maybe
you should fall in-line.

The people who are teaching this way to think are preying on emotionally-vulnerable
youngsters by using the natural guise that an adult-tutor is always right.
The 'made-up' jobs that appear are the fallout of this 'mamby-pamby' teaching, it's
extra sugar for ultra-liberalism.

NINURTA SAID:
Perhaps the scariest thing is that these asshole-babies are going to be the ones running
the world when we are gone. How are they ever going to find their way out of their bubbles
and into statehouses?

Well, I agree, but what concerns me is type of teaching creates two kinds of young adult.
One who sees the world as a banal Television Show and believes that living in the west is
all just sweetness & light. They use the available technology without realising the freedoms
they're giving away and if they do question why there's so-much monitoring, they're told it's
because in the form of a constant reminder that the rest of the world is yearning to destroy
them.

The second type of person may eventually rebel against this 'Sheeple'-styled indoctrination
and seek release via violence. Again, another facet that a Government may use to further
their endorsement that it's safer to stand quietly in the queue or stay at home and watch the
gogglebox.

It's brain-washing and it's real. Its happening in many US education areas and I'm not
sure what the end-game is.

(Hi Ninurta!)
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Fact is, I practice what I preach. The attachment is an image of the light pole in my yard. The snow is gone, but the flag remains. Folks can say any damned thing about me or the flag that they want, but best practice (and healthiest) is to say it from the other side of the road.

Once they cross that road to yammer, their ass is mine. That would fall under the purview of "Disturbing the Peace", and I guaran-damn-tee that their peace would be suddenly and profoundly disturbed upon crossing into my lines to disturb mine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Hi Ninurta,
This is what I was getting at in regards of the way education facilities are
conducting themselves. I have no opinion on the person who's doing the
narration.

[video=youtube]http:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXIT5w_k4mA//[/video]
This is slightly off topic (but doesn't deserve its' own thread - at least I don't think so). But I'm a sucker for the show "How It's Made" and usually have a few episodes waiting for me on non-working Sunday mornings. So the episode was showing how miniature war figurines are made (not the like the little green plastic ones, but bigger / more "luxurious" ones). When the whole ordeal about making them was done (fascinating by the way, the artistry that goes into it is amazing) they showed the kits on store shelves. You can buy kits for most major wars throughout history and the figurines match the clothes / weaponry of that era. Check this out. They BLURRED OUT the Confederate Flag on the box (the T.V. program did). I mean, I'm not about to fly one outside of my house or anything but A) I damn well won't try to stop anybody else, and B) This is downright censorship of an ACTUAL period of my country's history. Pathetic if you ask me.

[Image: 34q0i07.jpg]
I'm not American, DFC, but as you show, political correctness has gone haywire!!