Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada vs America on Black Friday
Anyone see a difference?

Can't load imgur here but follow the link:

http://i.imgur.com/HeCuREc.mp4

Jude
(11-26-2016, 07:05 PM)Jude Wrote: Anyone see a difference?

Can't load imgur here but follow the link:

http://i.imgur.com/HeCuREc.mp4

Jude

I would shop on black friday if it was like that here. As it is, I avoid stores like the plague in the weekend following Thanksgiving. 

I went shopping once on black Friday when I was about 17 and vowed that day to never do it again. Never in my life had I seen such behavior out of adults. It was crazy and I have never shopped again on that day or that weekend in the more than 30 years since. 

Yes, it was that bad. Canadians apparently know how to shop politely. Kudos to you all for that!
I made the mistake of going once about six years ago, and like Grace, I vowed never to go again!
And I haven't!

I couldn't even get to the items I wanted to look at, let alone grab one before they were gone! I didn't hang around long. What was the point? All the good bargains would be gone before I could claim my prize.

I saw on our local news last night that one woman was injured while shopping and a man was shot and killed in the parking lot over a parking space!

Is this really what the "Joyous Holidays" are supposed to be about?  tinycrying

I think not! 

People need to stop and reflect on the true meaning of the season. tinyshocked
We had a maintenance crew come in on Friday morning while we are shut down, I forgot to get the shop towels and simple green before Thanksgiving so I had to venture into Home Depot on that dreadful day. I'm still traumatized a day later...

And to top it of?! Simple Green and the towels weren't even on freakin sale! The nerve  tinyshouting
(11-27-2016, 12:53 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: We had a maintenance crew come in on Friday morning while we are shut down, I forgot to get the shop towels and simple green before Thanksgiving so I had to venture into Home Depot on that dreadful day. I'm still traumatized a day later...

And to top it of?! Simple Green and the towels weren't even on freakin sale! The nerve  tinyshouting

Lol.. it's not like normal shopping is it? The crowds are the least of it..

there is no respect of the "intent to purchase" represented by placing items in your shopping cart on black Friday. Nope, those animals will steal items straight out of your cart while looking you in the face.. some will even hit you if you try to defend your intended purchases.. 

Nope, until that item is in your car on black friday you cannot call it yours at all. 

I'm glad you made it out alive and with your simple green and towels in tact.. chalk that up as a lesson learned, never ever forget what you will need before thanksgiving, stock up on necessities if you must, avoiding stores is key!

:)

I've seen better manners and more patience from homeless people who were hungry and cold in front of free food and free warm clothes.
I too, avoid the town and shopping like the plague!

It's nice to see some decent shoppers behaving properly... and acting as adults for a change!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.