Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This is Not a Day Care. It’s a University!
YES!!! Finally, someone who is not afraid to say it like it is
My hat is off to you kind Sir

Dr. Everett Piper, President of Oklahoma Wesleyan University, talked about how kids of today, any time their feelings are hurt, they turn it around where they are the victims. 
He said anyone who dares challenge them and, thus, makes them “feel bad” about themselves, is a “hater,” a “bigot,” an “oppressor,” and a “victimizer.”

Here is just a part of what he said......there is more to the story at the beginning, just click on the link at bottom

Quote:So here’s my advice:

If you want the chaplain to tell you you’re a victim rather than tell you that you need virtue, this may not be the university you’re looking for. If you want to complain about a sermon that makes you feel less than loving for not showing love, this might be the wrong place.

If you’re more interested in playing the “hater” card than you are in confessing your own hate; if you want to arrogantly lecture, rather than humbly learn; if you don’t want to feel guilt in your soul when you are guilty of sin; if you want to be enabled rather than confronted, there are many universities across the land (in Missouri and elsewhere) that will give you exactly what you want, but Oklahoma Wesleyan isn’t one of them.

At OKWU, we teach you to be selfless rather than self-centered. 
We are more interested in you practicing personal forgiveness than political revenge. 
We want you to model interpersonal reconciliation rather than foment personal conflict. 
We believe the content of your character is more important than the color of your skin. 
We don’t believe that you have been victimized every time you feel guilty and we don’t issue “trigger warnings” before altar calls.

Oklahoma Wesleyan is not a “safe place”, but rather, a place to learn: to learn that life isn’t about you, but about others; 
that the bad feeling you have while listening to a sermon is called guilt
that the way to address it is to repent of everything that’s wrong with you rather than blame others for everything that’s wrong with them. This is a place where you will quickly learn that you need to grow up.

This is not a day care. This is a university!

Grow Up, This is Not a Day Care!!

Now if we can get other schools to think like this, then maybe the next group of young adults won't be such whiney babies every time they get their feelings hurt

You are only hurting and hindering the growth and knowledge of theses students, by giving in to their every whim 
Teaching them false security when in the real world, there is none

Stop teaching them to be selfish pansies!!  
And start teaching them how to be a grown mature responsible considerate adults
He has the right idea here, these are not a Place to go and be Bottle Feed and Have Your Diaper Changed, They're over 18 years of age and are Considered Adults Now, Correct?
Go Home To Mommy or Learn How The Big Bad World Really Operates!
But I Would STOP With All This Cuddling Crap and Kick Them OUT!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Too bad most will ignore it ...... is o.k .... stocked up on drinks .... cigars ..... snacks ..... should be good show watch all the babies get rude awakening by real world ..... ( not to mention fun to introduce the little darlings to the reality of the cold hard world .... ) 

Can get bonus for each one I cause to have nightmares and nervous breakdown ?

I like that guy's way of thinking! They need more like him in all the Universities. [Image: emoticon-smile.png]