Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2.8-Billion-Year-Old Spheres
No, we weren't the First Intelligent Life On Earth!
At least I don't think so and this article help to prove it.
Or does it? Am I wrong and these are just Naturally Formed?
[Image: spheres.jpg] 
Quote:In Beyond Science, Epoch Times explores research and accounts related to phenomena and theories that challenge our current knowledge. We delve into ideas that stimulate the imagination and open up new possibilities. Share your thoughts with us on these sometimes controversial topics in the comments section below.
Oopart (out of place artifact) is a term applied to dozens of prehistoric objects found in various places around the world that seem to show a level of technological advancement incongruous with the times in which they were made. Ooparts often frustrate conventional scientists, delight adventurous investigators open to alternative theories, and spark debate.
Spheres found in the mines of South Africa have piqued the curiosity of researchers for decades.
According to Michael Cremo and other researchers of prehistoric culture, these spheres add to a body of evidence suggesting intelligent life existed on Earth long before a conventional view of history places it here.
Cremo has traveled the world gathering information on out-of-place artefacts (ooparts); he compiled his findings in the popular book, “Forbidden Archaeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race.”

In 1984, while investigating the spheres, he contacted Roelf Marx, curator of the museum of Klerksdorp, South Africa, where some of the spheres are kept. Marx described the spheres as being about 2.8 billion years old, with a very hard surface and a fibrous structure inside. He found them quite strange and puzzling.

Marx wrote, according to Cremo: “’There is nothing scientific published about the globes, but the facts are: They are found in pyrophyllite, which is mined near the little town of Ottosdal in the Western Transvaal. This pyrophyllite … is a quite soft secondary mineral with a count of only 3 on the Mohs scale [a scale of 1 to 10 to rank the hardness of minerals] and was formed by sedimentation about 2.8 billion years ago.

“On the other hand, the globes, which have a fibrous structure on the inside with a shell around it, are very hard and cannot be scratched, even by steel. The Mohs scale of hardness is named after Friedrich Mohs, who chose ten minerals as references points for comparative hardness, with talc the softest and diamond the hardest.”
Steel ranks about a 6.5 to 7.5 on the Mohs scale, so the spheres would be harder than that, according to Marx. 
Interested yet?
Quote:Were They Naturally Formed?

Some say the spheres were formed by a natural process of concretion. Concretions are masses of hardened mineral matter.

Some of the so-called Klerksdorp spheres are elliptical in shape with rough ridges around the center. But some are so balanced in shape and proportion, and the grooves around them look so straight and hand-carved, it seems unlikely they were naturally formed, say proponents of the theory that these spheres were made by intelligent beings.
In 2002, the Klerksdorp Museum posted a letter from John Hund of Pietersburg, South Africa, on its website. The claims made in this letter were not verified, according to geologist Paul V. Heinrich, and the letter was later removed. Hund stated that one of the spheres was tested at the California Space Institute, and scientists concluded that its balance “is so fine, it exceeded the limit of their measuring technology.” It was “within one-hundred thousandths of an inch from absolute perfection.” 
Source

[Image: ottosdal1.jpg]  
Quote:MessageToEagle.com - These artifacts are very controversial because they appear to be much too advanced for their time.
Approximately 200 metallic spheres in size from 2.2 to 10 cm, were found in a silver mine in the eastern Transvaal Ottosoal, South Africa.

They are at least 2.8 billion years old and simply do not fit into any conventional prehistoric time-scale. No one knows the purpose, for which they were manufactured, and most of all - who created them.

Why were they found only in South Africa?
"Over the past several decades, South African miners have found hundreds of metallic spheres, at least one of which has three parallel grooves running around its equator," Michael Cremo wrote in his great book "The Hidden History Of The Human Race".
According to an article by J. Jimison "Scientists Baffled By Space Spheres" (1982), the spheres are of two types - "one of solid bluish metal with white flecks, and another which is a hollow ball filled with a white spongy center".
[Image: klerksdorp002.jpg]
Quote:"The spheres are a complete mystery. They look man-made, yet at the time in Earth's history when they came to rest in this rock no intelligent life existed. They are nothing like I have ever seen before."
"There is nothing scientific published about the globes, but the facts are: They are found in pyrophyllite, which is mined near the little town of Ottosdal in the Western Transvaal.
This pyrophyllite is a quite soft secondary mineral with a count of only 3 on the Mohs' scale and was formed by sedimentation about 2.8 billion years ago. On the other hand the globes, which have a fibrous structure on the inside with a shell around it, are very hard and cannot be scratched, even by steel," Roelf Marx, curator of the museum of Klerksdorp, South Africa, where some of the spheres are housed, replied in a letter dated September 12, 1984.
Source

So, Did they stumble upon the Ball Bearing Plant of our Ancestors or Aliens?
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I have always been interested in things out of place in time. Chrome steal dug out of a coal mine or these balls which caused wonder in my mind when I first read of them..
@"727Sky"  like the Baigong pipes in China, guess to be 150,000 years old.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Ahhhh .... you found my marbles ..... was wonder what happen to them .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....