Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Multiple fatalities confirmed in school bus crash in Tennessee
Quote:Tennessee officials confirmed that there are fatalities in a serious school bus crash in Tennessee’s fourth largest city of Chattanooga.
At least five children died on the bus, while one died in the hospital, according to the Hamilton County District Attorney's office, WTVC reported.
Local media reports have put the death toll at six children, but this information has not been officially confirmed.
[Image: Cx0dL0KXcAAs0x2.jpg]

https://www.rt.com/usa/367718-chattanoog...bus-crash/

How fast was the driver going anyway? A tree cut the bus in half!

Jude
Those times where I question how almighty "they" actually are. Sadistic and petty if they are actually real... tinycrying oh the words I would love to exchange with the next "everything for a reason" person...
I saw this earlier.   Very sad, especially with the holidays just around the corner.   tinycrying 

Being an empath, this eats at my very soul.   May the families and friends of those lost find peace... somehow... someway.   minusculecrybaby
Tragic, my heart goes out to the bereaved and the injured.
Christ... how the hell do you cut a bus in half with a tree?
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Quote:In a late Monday evening press conference, Chief Fletcher reported the arrest of Johnthony Walker, who is charged with five counts of vehicular manslaughter, reckless endangerment and reckless driving. More charges may be pending for the 24-year-old bus driver.

Warrants have also been issued for police to acquire the bus's black box and camera footage.

Wonder if the driver was drunk or...?

Wait and see I guess.

Jude
This just got strange:

Quote:A mother of three children who were on the Chattanooga school bus that crashed, killing five kids, alleged that two of her children told her that the bus driver said words to the effect of, ‘are you all ready to die?'
Moments later the bus was on its side, five children were dead and 20 others were injured. The mother lost one of her three children in the crash.

“The mother says that in the moments before the crash, the bus driver said something to the effect of ‘Are you all ready to die?’” CBS News correspondent Mark Strassmann said, according to WWJ-TV.

Suicide mission or just plain murder? Or are we being fed a line...?

Jude
What a tragedy this is and right before Thanksgiving....sigh.

So far, they think speeding was indeed involved...of course his Mom denies that he would speed, being as he has a 3 yo son at home.

Police: Bus driver speeding before crash

Quote:The arrest report for school bus driver Johnthony Walker says that the school bus was "traveling at a high rate of speed" according to witness statements and physical evidence gathered by Chattanooga police.
The bus has 35 students aboard.

Walker was driving "well above" the posted speed of 30 mph, police say,  when the bus rolled over Monday afternoon and crashed into a tree, injuring 26 students and claiming the lives of five children.

Police say Walker lost control of the bus and swerved off the right side of the roadway, striking and elevated driveway and a mailbox. He then swerved to the left and the bus began to overturn, striking a utility pole and a tree.

Walker, 24, was arrested on five counts of vehicular homicide, reckless endangerment and reckless driving.

A senseless tragedy that should have never occurred if the driver had been paying attention and following the speed limit.
Still more details are coming in, so can't say what all else there is.

The driver also had an accident in Sept. when he failed to "Yield" and side swiped another car.
No one was injured in that accident.

So sad indeed.
Thoughts and prayers go out to all the families.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'