Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Obama Calms One Of His Gang.
Here's a piece from the Sky News website and I know that since it's for a Saturday
morning and therefore, a more elaborate prose tends to purvey the information, I still
find it an odd article.

One of it's saving graces... if not the only one is that the writer -Mr. Islam uses more
commas than me.

I find it curious because that even though it's basically a 'Goodbye' visit of one official
leaving office and one would also assume the meetings are just a nod to say that the any
prior agreements are still in place, this Journalist reports it as seemingly something more.

Considering the pressure that the far-right groups and predominantly Marine Le Pen's
National Front party in France are having in Europe, I wonder if this meeting was more
than just a 'See yer' around'

Merkel is seen as a pariah by her own party, but I guess she's the head-honcho when
it comes to the European Union Project, so it's her ass Obama has to kiss.
Don't worry Mr. Hussein, the German Chancellor has made sure the continent is flooded
with migrant workers raping and pillaging their way to the UK.
Thanks for that.

'Baton of global leadership passes from US to Germany'

'Barack Obama passes on the torch of global leadership to Angela Merkel,
writes Sky's Faisal Islam. But what will that entail?
Berlin is a place where US presidents make history.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=778]

In this once divided city, Barack Obama, the outgoing President of a now divided USA,
came bearing a baton, a torch of global international leadership to pass on to Chancellor
Angela Merkel.

He lavished praise on his "closest ally" in office. Frau Merkel almost appeared to tear up
as he recounted her personal history being the story of Germany's success.
President Obama practically said he would vote for her, if he could.

How history's wheel turns. In his own analysis, it does not move in a straight line, it zigzags.

Donald Trump's election, Brexit, the rise of some populist movements; all have been woven
together by digitisation, and the easy percolation of false simple answers to complex truths,
he says.

Frau Merkel responded with the same analysis. She will find it easier to face off the rise of
populist parties, due to the German electoral system.

But her lament for the direction of the world was not hidden.
She, alone in the G7 industrialised nations, made her welcome to Mr Trump, conditional on
respect for human values.

Berlin frets at the sight of Nigel Farage by Mr Trump's side, of his advisers offering support
to the Le Pen family. Diplomatic circles here in Berlin question the new White House's
commitment to internationalism, NATO, stopping Vladimir Putin, and the transatlantic alliance.

Mr Obama tried unconvincingly to square his pre-election disdain for the notion of a President
Trump with the fact that it is now happening.

His "cautious optimism" was not about Mr Trump per se, but about the fact that if he did not
perform in a job "demanding seriousness" he "won't be there very long".

"The President-elect is going to see fairly quickly that the demands of being President cannot
be treated casually," he said: a classic lawyer's way of appearing to conform to conventions,
while not changing his view of Mr Trump even slightly.

Angela Merkel stood next to him, and the overall impression I got was total agreement - and
agreement that Obama should carry on doing it. He can't.

For starters, there is now open talk that a Trump White House means that Germany will have
to look after its own defence and security - so Germany as a military power to match the French
and the UK.

But President Obama is resting much more on Frau Merkel's shoulders.
He "hopes" the President-elect "stands up" to Russia and doesn't take the dealmaker "realpolitik"
position at the expense of "smaller countries".

And the following things can't be taken for granted: the transatlantic relationship, free speech,
civil liberties, an independent judiciary, the US system of Government and "our way of life".

Mr Obama clearly thinks Mr Trump is the cause of this uncertainty.
He may be expecting far too much of Frau Merkel.

This is a Germany that struggled with the burdens of Eurozone leadership, prolonging the man-made
crisis for years of human misery. German history means that Berlin is a reluctant imperium even in its
own backyard.

It operates globally through the European Union. Berlin is in protective, not leadership mode.
And the next move it awaits is who Donald Trump chooses as Secretary of State.
A US President in Berlin tends to direct history - Barack Obama leaves Europe uncertain where
the world is heading....'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Mr. Obama can Leave and Try Not To Let The Door Hit Him and Michelle's Fat Ass On their Way Out! 
Here's hoping they leave the Silver Ware.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]