Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeb Bush and his personal interest in Fracking
This is information from last year, but still worth the read.

And for people who are concerned about fracking and the EQ tremors it has been linked to, you might want to think about where many special interest groups who support Bush are coming from....like the Oil and Fracking business

I knew the Bush's hand their hands in nearly everything, but my approval of Jeb just dropped more.

He and his sons are into fracking, being as they themselves have investment in it personally.
Hence where many of his lobbyist friends come from I am sure

Jeb has removed himself from some of the positions due to running for office.
But his records stand...as does his sons when it comes to fracking

Jeb Bush's private investments in fracking dovetail with public advocacy

Feb. 20, 2015

Quote:The Bush family has been in the energy business for decades, at least since 1950 when 26-year-old future president George H.W. Bush helped found the Bush-Overbey Oil Development Co. with financial support from his dad, U.S. Sen. Prescott Bush of Connecticut. President George W. Bush also worked in the oil and gas business, though he made his fortune with an investment in the Texas Rangers baseball team.

Similarly, fracking is not just a Jeb Bush investment, but also a Jeb Bush family affair.

Son George P. Bush, 38, was elected Texas land commissioner last year, two years after helping found Fort Worth-based FracStar Logistics, providing sand for fracking. One of FracStar's managing partners is Coral Gables-based De Soto Partners, which is co-owned by Jeb Bush and 31-year-old Jeb Bush Jr. FracStar has been renamed Proforce Energy Services.

Jeb Bush's private equity group, Britton Hill Holdings, was established in May 2013, but his entry into the fracking boom and private equity business wasn't publicly revealed until June 2014, when it triggered a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing for managing more than $100 million.

By then, Bush was looking increasingly like he would run for president.

The filing showed that the pooled investment fund had raised $40.4 million from 37 investors. Bush is chairman of Britton Hill, named after the highest point in Florida and based out of his office at the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables. His partners include former Lehman Brothers banker Amar Bajpai, former natural gas trader David Savett and private equity executive Ross Rodrigues. Bajpai is now on the board of Inflection Energy, the Denver company he and Bush invested in.

Bush and his partners "had more than five years consulting across various sectors, and a move into making direct investments was a natural extension," said Campbell, Bush's spokeswoman.

Bush's fracking investments are not the only time his private business life has overlapped with his public policy advocacy.

But he cannot remove himself totally being as his name is part of the catch for investors

Quote:But pulling out of ventures in which he is a partner or owner, including his fracking investments, is far trickier because Bush's name and involvement presumably is part of what drew investors.

As Bloomberg reported last month, one offshore private equity fund on which Bush serves as chairman, BH Global Aviation, was raising tens of millions of dollars from foreign investors in September, even as Bush and his advisers were gearing up to surprise the political world by starting to raise millions of dollars for a likely presidential campaign.

And yes he too can talk down to people, especially when they don't go along with his ideas of how things should work

Quote:At a political fundraiser in Colorado last spring, he scoffed at a proposed ballot initiative to give local governments more control over oil and gas drilling.

"The idea that in Colorado you would have a referendum to eliminate hydraulic fracking and horizontal drilling that creates wealth and prosperity, high-wage jobs for people in Colorado, is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard," Bush was quoted as saying.

A tad arrogant and pushy IMO

Thought this to be interesting catch about Obamacare.....

Quote:The former governor already has resigned from various corporate boards, including Tenet Healthcare, which has a bottom-line interest in the success of Obamacare, and he ended consulting contracts as he moved fully into the presidential fray in December.

Just another polished politician who cares about his own interests, for him, his buddies and his family
No different from Hillary really

They are both into cronyism 
Time for that to stop

No more Bush
No more Clinton
We definitely don't want a President who is personally watching his family fortune and personal wealth vanish on a daily basis.....and that would describe Jeb Bush after the oil wars Obama has now triggered. The plunging price makes Fracking outright cost prohibitive in most examples we're seeing it used now (its been done clear back into the 1950's...but never like it is today).

On the other hand, I'd love to see the next President continue the closure of the fracking fields, as a logical transition BACK to Oil (oh..goodness...how evil...while other nations flood the world with enough to swim in). Oh..I want off Oil too. I truly do.

However... Oil is not SO bad, SO evil and SO horrible that *ANY* solution is good enough, and the end justifies the means. Oh...Hell....No. Fracking is shattering our bedrock and like a recent story I posted suggests, we may be so damned ignorant of the actual structures beneath our feet that the insanely toxic injection waste COULD, in time, come to make vast underground water resources too toxic for us to touch without high tech filtering...and then...only done by necessity and lack of choice. 

So..I'm happy if the current market changes CRUSH Bush like a little greasy bug. The loser should have stuck to good 'ol fashioned American know-how on drilling oil, and resisted the temptation for fast cash at the expense of the very foundation, literally, our nation sits atop.