Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Portland Protesters Have First Day in Court
Some of the people who protested in Portland were arrested and went to court for the first time yesterday (Monday) afternoon.
From what I saw on the video, it isn't going to slow them down. Several said they would be back out there for the next protest, and would keep protesting.

I honestly blame the Main Stream and Social Media for what is going on now.  They have portrayed Trump as nothing but a bully-type leader who is racist, and wants to split up their family, and other bad things. 
Trump has already stated he would not deport anyone who had children here.

I think the best thing we can do now is to try to educate the people who have been "mind-controlled" into believing Trump is the Devil Incarnate by Hillary supporters, and show them he isn't as bad as they believe.  If people will look over the policies he wants to change and give him a chance to do so, this country could get back to being great again. 

But, of course, that means some of them will have to get a job, or leave the country, so... that might not go over too well with them. tinywondering

This first appearance in court was a "slap on the wrist", as they have become accustomed to when breaking the law. I hope harsher punishment will follow if they choose to continue with violence and threats against Trump and his supporters.

If they choose to act like spoiled children, they need to get a spanking!  smallslavedriver minusculemooning

[Image: 12475906_G.jpg]

Quote:Many of those who spoke to FOX 12 claim that they were simply exercising their rights to a peaceful protest and feel their arrests were unjust.
Vincenzo Milione was arrested late Thursday night when he says he was protesting peacefully in downtown Portland.

“The police started moving forward, we started moving back and the police started grabbing people and I was thrown to the ground,” he recalled.

Milione was among the several protesters in arraignment court Monday facing charges of disorderly conduct and interfering with police.
The Multnomah County District Attorney’s office and the Portland Police Bureau released a joint statement Monday saying that nearly all of the current cases against protesters have been “no-complainted for the time being.

While the cases will be reviewed for prosecution at a later date, for now, those arrested have only been cited.
That news came as a big relief for Chris Russell who said he was just walking to the store when he got stuck in the crowd by accident and does not support what’s been happening.

"I don’t agree with it,” he said. “It seems like everyone here is angry, but they’re not all angry for the same reasons.”

Thij Bowen, 18, claims police roughed him up when they arrested him. He is passionately anti-Trump and wants to get back out there.

“I did not harm anyone, there was no assault. I did not mean to harm anyone and I believe I did not deserve that treatment,” Bowen said. “If this wouldn’t have happened, I would’ve been out there every single night protesting, because I think it’s a good thing.”

Many of Bowen’s fellow protesters agree, and when asked if their cause was worth their arrests, Milione said it was.
“Definitely, definitely. I will continue to protest and use my first amendment rights.”

See the video on the Source Page
(11-15-2016, 06:09 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
Quote:...Thij Bowen, 18, claims police roughed him up when they arrested him.
He is passionately anti-Trump and wants to get back out there.

“I did not harm anyone, there was no assault. I did not mean to harm anyone
and I believe I did not deserve that treatment,” Bowen said.

“If this wouldn’t have happened, I would’ve been out there every single night
protesting, because I think it’s a good thing.”..'

Right there is where today's education system has pushed these kids off the rails, right there.

This lad's perception is skewed by the fact that he 'believes' his personal view outweighs the society's
decisions that are at odds with his own. There was a vote and the candidate he favoured, failed to
reach the majority's requirements and that's it.... his selfish opinion was wrong.
Just like all of us at times.

But then after protesting that the society that allows him to do so should bend to his own will
so that he can 'feel' better, he now uses more emotional words to attempt to deceive a reader
or listener that the law enforcement were wrong in their own decision-making.

"I did not mean to harm anyone" -I'm sure a clipped-moustached dictator of yore could have used
this excuse when laid against his plans to make his country stronger.

"If this wouldn’t have happened, I would’ve been out there every single night protesting, because
I think it’s a good thing." -is nothing more than a demanding threat of someone who is unable to
function as an adult in the real world.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(11-15-2016, 10:21 PM)BIAD Wrote: Right there is where today's education system has pushed these kids off the rails
But then after protesting that the society that allows him to do so should bend to his own will
so that he can 'feel' better, he now uses more emotional words to attempt to deceive a reader
or listener that the law enforcement were wrong

A large problem, even greater perhaps than the protests themselves, is most of the kids didn't even vote!  They are protesting something that they didn't, in largest part, see fit to participate in! 

http://www.12news.com/news/nation-now/mo.../352105081

So on top of demanding society bends to their will - they expect society to read their minds as to what their will might even be or else they will protest 

It's crazy.
@ Mystic Wanderer 

I blame ignorance, I blame a media who has done nothing but lie and skew and distort facts, I blame us for allowing our media and government to get away with pushing this Marxist agenda and ideology through via legislation, through propaganda, I blame us for not demanding better of our educators, media, and government in general.  

There is a lot of blame to go around really. Social media is the least of it. 

They are going to begin censoring Google search ads and Facebook ads as well, against news sites who promote "fake or misleading news" 
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/15/techno...p=cur&_r=0

(Going down Orwellian path there.. but it's their sites and their ad money)

But, in general we are starting to do something, we are starting to to stand against the lies and corruption and left wing agenda.. the only thing we can do, is continue down this path of healing.
Meh ..... take em out back an put a bullet through their heads .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(11-16-2016, 01:21 AM)Daitengu Wrote: Meh ..... take em out back an put a bullet through their heads .....

I can see that Dait's suggestion is certainly tempting due to the mainstream media's
reluctance to admit to their deliberate ignoring of the Wikipedia email leaks.

This has happened before when a particular narrative that MSM enjoy is threatened
by another view of reality from -what the standard Journalist sees as a 'lesser' type
of news reporting.

Of course, there are supposed fake news websites that propose that their stories are
created as a form of comedic sarcasm, a tongue-raspberry at the establishment's manner
of gathering information. Now it seems the mainstream media have latched onto these
sites as proof that social media is a poor conduit for reliable news.

Imagine belonging to such ivory towers... to exist in an environment where the only
need to gather information is for the simple task of reinforcing one's own lifestyle.

If we put the vital aspect of advertising revenue to one side for a moment, many of
us must have come across certain headlines in newspapers and on television that have
the effect to intrigue us enough that we desire to know more.

And when the programme or periodical is investigated further, it's found that the story
bears little semblance to what the headline suggested. In the cyber-world, they call it
click-baiting.

So now, it looks as if a concerted effort by the minions of the mainstream media moguls
have decided to ridicule such practices on the internet and imply that this trickery only
goes to show how less-honourable this kind of publishing is.
Pot-Kettle.

The standard media is on the bones of it's ass at this point, they've been seen by those
who are willing to look, that they tend to fawn around those of wealth and people who
the establishment deem have status.

It's credibility is being lost for the sake of keeping their jobs and because of social media,
their chickens have come home to roost. Most internet users frown on the recent behavior
of CNN, NBC and the many other alphabet news-outlets.

For the average person in the street -that such establishment mediums believe they needed
to exist for, they were initially 'forced' to deliver questionable accounts to promote the
advertising companies that pay their salaries.

Then after a length of time -and with the increased dilution by would-be Journalists riding
on the back of the idea that it's a comfortable occupation with little accountability, it was
noticed that there was very little blow-back from such reports that had a bias or a particular
narrative that favoured the business-paying agenda.
Which means that any private or occupation-benefiting opinions can also be nurtured.

Now we have 'Presenters' A news item today tends to come with a 'correspondent' or
'expert' who supposedly translates the account into simpler terms for the viewer or reader.
Within this explanation is the agenda... the chosen narrative that shapes the average person's
perception of the world.

It's because social media information gathering is a threat, nothing more. Journalists
couldn't give a fig for what happens out there in the real world unless one of their own
is in peril. They live off the carcasses provided by the outcome of an incident or event
and believe their skill of adding their own salt to the meat is what makes them important.

If social media becomes more pronounced and at this moment, it seems that that it is
certainly favoured over the bland, upper-middle class news outlets of the establishment,
then I suggest we will also see skulduggery from the establishment that will equal the acts
performed during 'Brexit' and the recent US election.

I would hope that 'alternative' news sites will strive to set-up disciplines and conduct that
are agenda-free and politically unbiased, if they have not already done so.
Alex Jones reckons it's a war for your mind.... I think he's not far-off from the point.
Here's a YouTube video where somebody called 'Jeff Holiday' comments on John Oliver's
view on Journalistic integrity. What will always make my eyes widen is how this HBO
comedian and political commentator speaks so confidently about how the mainstream
media 'didn't do their job right' by giving Donald Trump too-much air time!

Whether they did or didn't, I would think it shouldn't be connected to whether they -or
their television channel favour a particular candidate or not.

But... it's been going on for so long, that they cannot see any other way and that's why
alternative news uses the word 'alternative'!
@BIAD You are so good with words and articulating your message.   minusculeknocks 

May I hire you to write my threads? tinybiggrin
(11-16-2016, 06:16 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @BIAD You are so good with words and articulating your message.   minusculeknocks 

May I hire you to write my threads? tinybiggrin

Yes Ma'am! The only down-side is -as Sol may know, I suffer with
writer's block something terrible!

That and a rash I'd rather not discuss.
tinywhat
Though it's off topic, the article below shows exactly what I meant about
how the television Journalist's world is constantly bolstered to imply some
-sort of celebrity status.

'BBC presenter Victoria Fritz goes into labour after live broadcast'

'BBC Breakfast's business presenter Victoria Fritz went into labour after coming off air,
with one of her fellow presenters acting as her birthing partner.
Presenter Sally Nugent stepped in after Fritz's husband was stuck on the motorway.
Fritz later gave birth to a baby boy at St Mary's Hospital in Manchester.
The baby had been due to arrive in early December but Fritz's waters broke after she
came off air.

Fritz tweeted her "heartfelt thanks" for the BBC Breakfast "team effort"...'
SOURCE:

Is it really news?
(11-16-2016, 10:11 PM)BIAD Wrote: Though it's off topic, the article below shows exactly what I meant about
how the television Journalist's world is constantly bolstered to imply some
-sort of celebrity status.

'BBC presenter Victoria Fritz goes into labour after live broadcast'

'BBC Breakfast's business presenter Victoria Fritz went into labour after coming off air,
with one of her fellow presenters acting as her birthing partner.
Presenter Sally Nugent stepped in after Fritz's husband was stuck on the motorway.
Fritz later gave birth to a baby boy at St Mary's Hospital in Manchester.
The baby had been due to arrive in early December but Fritz's waters broke after she
came off air.

Fritz tweeted her "heartfelt thanks" for the BBC Breakfast "team effort"...'
SOURCE:

Is it really news?

Great example!  

I don't know this woman and couldn't care less about her having a baby; women do it everyday, but not all make the news.
What's the big deal about her?! tinywondering
(11-16-2016, 10:18 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Great example!  

I don't know this woman and couldn't care less about her having a baby; women do it everyday, but not all make the news.
What's the big deal about her?! tinywondering

It always annoys me because it has a direct connection with the manner that many people
conduct themselves everyday. TV Presenters are rarely seen as 'plain' or 'ugly' due to the
simple fact that the people behind the scenes believe that someone who has certain features
will attract a larger audience because of those features.

'Sorry, some women ARE too ugly for TV': So says that self-proclaimed beauty, and former TV executive, Samantha Brick

Yet, today's college kids are rioting over a supposed change in their equilibrium because of
Donald Trump becoming President! The mainstream media are guilty of this alleged chauvinistic
attitude and it seems that the wish to look 'pretty' is also seen as okay by those who accept MSM.

I still struggle with the idea that these rioters... that's the ones that aren't bussed-in, think they
have a handle on the world where they talk into devices that send their conversations into the
air for anyone to listen to!

I strongly believe that many of these protesters think they live in a 'Television World' where
they are the main actor. Talk about narcissism!
@"BIAD" 

Quote:I still struggle with the idea that these rioters... that's the ones that aren't bussed-in, think they
have a handle on the world where they talk into devices that send their conversations into the
air for anyone to listen to!

I strongly believe that many of these protesters think they live in a 'Television World' where
they are the main actor. Talk about narcissism!

Yes, and we could make a whole new thread on the affects of cell phones and the mind games/mind control, couldn't we? 

I have a family member (youth) who stays on his cell phone ALL day long playing video games, and when he's off (rarely) he paces around whispering to himself, like he's plotting his next move to use in the game he plays all day.   tinysurprised

I think these people get obsessed to the point that it's having negative affects on what they consider reality to be.