Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
At Least 2 Dead In New Zealand Quake
[Image: gettyimages-623010994_master.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1]

Quote:WELLINGTON, New Zealand (CBSNewYork/AP) — A powerful earthquake struck New Zealand’s South Island early Monday, shaking residents awake, causing damage to buildings and prompting emergency services to warn people along the coast to move to higher ground to avoid tsunami waves.

New Zealand Prime Minister John Key says at least two people were killed in the powerful earthquake that struck the country. Key did not provide any further details at a news conference Monday morning in Wellington, the capital.

This was a huge magnitude-7.8 earthquake!  It struck just after midnight close to the city of Christchurch, however it was felt more strongly in Wellington, the capital, more than 120 miles to the north. There were  a number of strong aftershocks, and a tsunami wave struck at about 1:50 a.m.  Waves were predicted to be between 10 and 16 feet.

Quote:While there were no immediate reports of any major damage or injuries in Christchurch, the quake brought back memories of a magnitude-6.3 earthquake that struck the city in 2011, destroying much of the downtown area and killing 185 people in one of New Zealand’s worst disasters.

Monday’s quake was centered farther away from Christchurch than the one in 2011, which caused an estimated $25 billion in damage.

In Wellington, 132 miles north of the quake’s epicenter, power was knocked out in some places, and some windows were smashed and some chimneys collapsed.

To add a bit of my conspiracy mind to this, this was the area where Kerry was visiting, right?  Do you suppose CERN or some type of energy weapon  was directed to that area to "warn" him? 
The Cabal, of which he is a member, have been warned to surrender, or be "taken out".  

In this video, at the 1:00 mark, the narrator says Kerry will leave Antarctica on 11-12-16 with his next stop to be in Wellington, New Zealand!  

Hmmm...   minusculethinking

Anyway... I hope the people in the area are safe. Considering only 2 people have been reported dead, this one could have been much worse with causalities.

Read more here and see a link to pictures: Source Link

[url=http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/11/13/new-zealand-earthquake/][/url]
Wow, another EQ in New Zealand?

Glad the casualty number is only 2 at the moment, and not like the one that hit in 2011.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people in New Zealand.
Hope they stay safe.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(11-14-2016, 03:21 AM)senona Wrote: Wow, another EQ in New Zealand?

Glad the casualty number is only 2 at the moment, and not like the one that hit in 2011.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people in New Zealand.
Hope they stay safe.

I would like to see some news on where John Kerry was when it hit!!!!  The media is silent!   tinysure

ETA:  Sigh... I found this little tid bit.

Quote:Sec. John Kerry had left the country before it struck, and just landed in Singapore on his way to Oman when news of the quake was reported.

Source

Oh well... maybe another time.   tinysure