Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Isn't it time we all snapped out of it...
This is an editorial mostly aimed at our Millennials that will be holding the reigns of our future.

~

To our youngsters out there, those who are in school, college and universities,

when will you realize that we've all been played?

For the last thirty years or so, we, the older versions of you, have been noticing changes in our world, changes in our cultures, changes in our institutions. We've been noticing changes in our youth behaviors, when it comes to internal policies. The recent win of President-Elect Donald Trump only emphasizes the fact that those changing behavioral patterns we had been noticing has become a hard cold reality. Reality being a key word here. But how much of it is true?

As we sit down and reflect on those last few days of elections, we realize that something is obviously wrong and that we've all been played.

Everyone was expecting a Clinton win. Why is that? The answer is quite simple, really. We had been conditioned to such a result.

For the last year and a half, the medias at large where holding a biased stance on possible results, from the very beginning. From Democratic Candidates being eliminated one by one, in order to favor Hillary Clinton, to a biased stance of a Clinton Sanders debate. The Nominee had been chosen in advance and the Medias at large played their roles in promoting it.

The thing is; it isn't their role. Journalism is to report in a non-biased ethical way, to be neutral in reporting the news. Even as we speak now, the major News platforms out there are still at it, decrying, denouncing and asking what could have gone wrong. Without the slightest clue that THEY went wrong.

Riots and protests are sparse and few and yet, they promote them like it's a civil war taking place. Don't fall for it. It isn't nearly as bad as they promote it.

Pollsters are also wondering about what went wrong, wearing horse blinders over the fact that they choose the districts and the people where they take their polls. If they had taken polls in an ethical way, they wouldn't have promoted a Clinton win. They would have seen that it was a very tight race.

The truth is that we have been taken for a ride, all of us. In such a way that even Donald Trump himself wasn't sure anymore that he had a chance, even though he ended up winning by a landslide. That in itself, should tell us a little something.

We had been conditioned to a unilateral Clinton win. The results should be shattering the trust we have in our Media corporations. They took every single one of us for the blinded individualistic brainwashed slaves they thought we were, and you Americans showed them otherwise.

This article is not to promote Donald Trump in any way, he's showed what he can do, against all odds. No, this is to promote awareness to the proliferation of propaganda, bought and paid for by those same power hungry individuals that are working so hard at changing our youth behavioral patterns.

Some of you Millennials are depicted as being devastated by the Trump win. Again, a few dozens, or thousands, of you not being able to cope does not mean that all of you, millions, are in the same boat. Another attempt by the Medias (those same Medias that prepared you to a Clinton win) to show you as weak and afraid. Don't fall for it.

Isn't it time we all snapped out of it?

Isn't it time we stop buying what the Medias are selling us? Remember, the role of a Media corporation is to report news in a non biased ethical way. To not do so is the same as having a State governed Media like we see in North Korea and Russia. There are NO differences.

I have hope for our young people out there. You can't be as cowardly and dumb as the Medias try so hard to portray you.

And if you are, isn't it time you snapped out of it?

I think it's time we all did.

Marc Gerard for Rogue-Nation.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
minusculeclap      minusculegoodjob     smallawesome
Explanation: Well said Sol! minusculebeercheers 

To reinforce what you said ... I went and found some facts ...

Quoted from the businessinsider.com linked below.
Quote:Trust in the news media is being eroded by perceptions of inaccuracy and bias, fueled in part by Americans' skepticism about what they read on social media.

Just 6 percent of people say they have a lot of confidence in the media, putting the news industry about equal to Congress and well below the public's view of other institutions.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ap-poll-j...016-4?IR=T

http://www.investors.com/politics/editor...d-be-less/

http://www.activistpost.com/2016/04/deat...trust.html

https://www.rt.com/usa/340124-americans-...-plummets/

Further reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concentrat..._ownership

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/these-...ica-2012-6

[Image: mediaconsolidation_1.jpg]

Personal Disclosure: I hope this helps! minusculebiggrin
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
minusculehail  Sol, Very Accurate and Well Said.  minusculeclap

minusculehail OL good find and Appropriate!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Nice Marc, very nice. 

As a self proclaimed left leaning independent, (or Libtard to many people I talk with from the other side of that non-existent "aisle") I can say that I am in no way "devastated". Every outcome possible for this election from day 1 until now has been gone through in my mind. The good, the bad, the ugly, and the Trump (lol). 

But no, we aren't all that the media claims. We aren't all what the majority of this board claims. We aren't all snowflakes who have hurt feelings and mis-guided morals or goals. We are people who don't believe in the same things other people believe in. Imagine that...we aren't North Koreans....  tinycool

Long story short, we (on the left) think the Don wasn't the best choice. But that "choice" doesn't only go back a few months where she was the only other "choice". We on the left just hold true ideas that we feel are worth fighting for. I'm a guy who voted for dems and repubs on the same ballot for the last 12 years so I think I'm able to truly say that WE THE PEOPLE are disgusted with how this all played out. NOT because he won, but because the only choices were what we saw. Unless you are a Rocky De La Fuenta supporter (look him up, seriously. It was a good read), you didn't have a choice. The media gave us a choice and then tried to jam that choice down our throats as the "lesser of two evils". 

Bullshit. 

Liberals aren't to be feared. Conservatives aren't to be vilified. Americans, my friends, aren't as gullible and short-sighted as they seem sometimes. 

We have been fed a a bowl full of lies (as you said) and the establishment that is shaking in their boots are the same jag-off's that have been feeding us perfect porridge for decades. The good thing that can come out of The Don is a perpetual "shaking the baby" so to speak. No more taking us for granted. No more playing us for fools. We have a voice and we will all use it. 

So until my wife gets ripped from my arms by his deportation force, I for one support my president. Not because I like him (because I f'n don't), but because that office truly is bigger than a person. And now it's on him to prove what America is truly all about. I for one, wish him the best and hope he can show the world we aren't what the media said about him, we aren't what the media says about liberals, and we aren't what they want us to believe. We aren't as divided as they think. We are being divided, but we aren't divided...(if that makes any sense)
Still say ..... yankee go the fuck home an stay there ..... americans welcome wore out over here long ago .....  we dont want or need your freedumb an dumbocrappy .....  

Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

Thanks @"OmegaLogos" for that info.  minusculethumbsup

I knew the media ownership had shrunk over the years, but dayum.
To go from 50 down to just 6 companies is unbelievable.

Excellent message @"Sol"   minusculegoodjob

@"DuckforcoveR" , one thing I have learned over the many years, and one reason I hate politics as a whole, is politicians for the most part, say what they think the people want to hear just to get elected.

Now Trump is no different, although he tapped into the public where no one else could.
Beating out Bush, Rubio and the likes.

Having said that, he will soon find out (if he hasn't already) that half of that shit he promised, he will not be able to fulfill.
Not because he gave false hope.

Simply because once he gets in the White House, it is a whole different ball game and his hands will be tied.

On the part of immigrants, think one of his "people" on his team said on the news the other day, that when it comes to immigrants he does not want to split up families.
 Which is slightly different than what he ran on if not mistaken.

So I think some of his platforms that appeared harsh to many, may end up being softened to please everyone.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Reminds me of Obama after he won. I remember the ear to ear grin he had after winning. They say that when he had his first "high level" intelligence briefing he walked out and was stone cold in the face. That moment of "what the f*ck". 

Trump is no different, hell, we've seen it in the last couple of days. Shaking hands with the man he's chastised for years now. Obama the same, wishing the best to the man he has clearly hated. Walking back on Obamacare, flipping on protesters now that he has an actual piece of skin in the game. As he said, he's the president for all, not just those that voted for him. 

I hope and pray that Trump doesn't follow through with a path that I think will bring this country down. He's got a "clean slate" and a majority, there are GIANT things he can do to make this country better. And while I don't think his campaign for the office has provided any real (and fiscally feasible) ideas to be the "agent of change" he has promised, I do SINCERELY understand the need to change the direction we are heading in. So with that, I'll leave you with my last thoughts. I do hope and pray to Valhalla that he can be an agent for change. Be a force for good. Be the leader we need at the time its' needed the most. 

If not, I'll be on the other side of the wall with my family and won't have to shovel snow anymore  tinycool
(11-13-2016, 03:38 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: No more taking us for granted. No more playing us for fools. We have a voice and we will all use it. 

If anything good came out of that election, it's those exact words.

The establishment, the puppeteers in the background that we never see but decide just about everything for you, the Medias at large, the Pollsters, were ALL promoting AND expecting a Clinton win. As the early results were slowly coming in, some of the Clinton campaign staffers were already corking up the champagne and celebrating, for crying out loud.

The Americans have given ALL of them the biggest finger gesture in history. And for that, every single one of you should be proud.

It's just a start. If you look at the comments sections of articles that are still denouncing a Trump win, you will notice that the commentators (people like you and I) are telling them what they think; that the Medias have become political mouthpieces, not reporting on the truth or the facts but on biased political opinions.

A LOT of these people say that they no longer believe the bullshit thrown at them but click on the articles to read the comments and have a good chuckle...

As OL has gracefully demonstrated, the medias are now owned by six companies, companies that answer to the same puppeteers that control your establishments. I believe that people are waking up from a long, long nap.

The constitution, be it yours or ours, is based on the People. And I think that a good percentage of the citizenship is adamant on putting that back in check.

As I said, I think it's just a start : )

Good replies, everyone.

The New York Times has issued an apology letter for the way it covered the elections.

It most probably has to do with them losing a shitload of readers.

You're sorry? Yep. Sure. I buy it.

When is an apology not really an apology? When you end it like this:

Quote:While insisting his staff had “reported on both candidates fairly,” he also vowed that the paper would “rededicate ourselves to the fundamental mission of Times journalism. That is to report America and the world honestly, without fear or favor.”

New York Times: We blew it on Trump.

mediumfacepalm

This article was reported by Yahoo News. Reading the comments, seems like I am not the only one NOT buying it.

I don't remember seeing so much vitriol towards the Medias at large in a long, long time.

The common folk is waking up:

Quote:Too late close your doors you are not even a news source just another liberal propaganda machine.

Quote:Sorry, the press was sooooo biased it was an embarrassment. There was nothing fair or balanced...There was no anchor in the form of journalism that took place. The press treated our national elections with the same tack as they treat the Kardashians. Their investigative treatment was totally in favor of the candidate of their choice, and trying to do better will never change the fact that the true stories on each and every candidate were never told with equal fervor. Our press was the laughing stock around the world.

Quote:Can you say "Clinton Collaborator"?

Quote:Trump won with out a single media endorsement. What does that tell you about how trustworthy the American people feel about the media. The days of Walter Cronkite are long gone. Only a fool would put there faith in the media for an honest unbiased report. Too far to the left it has gone.

Quote:All the media outlets should be AUDITED

Quote:So should CNN, CNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, and other leftist media. They all have forgotten 'objectivity' in their reporting, and the reporters/anchors keep injecting their personal preference into their reporting. Which journalism school did they go?

Quote:They are apologizing because tons of people have been canceling their subscriptions.

Quote:NY Times is your classical example of a journalistic news media becoming political action group and openly and actively, supporting a candidate to further their political agenda. By doing so, they totally abandoned their duty as a journalist (whatever that really means in the first place nowadays) and became a propaganda unit of the Democratic Party. Josef Goebbels would be very proud of them!!

Quote:The news media has mislead the population for decades with lies, misinformation, character assassinations, lack of evidence or proof, false opinions, false accusations. false speculations, false sensationalism, prejudices, bigotry, biases, hate, racism, creating the news rather than reporting the news !

Quote:Yahoo lying again. SMH The NY Times did NOT apologize for their disgraceful hyper-partisanship. EVERY "top level" editor and manager should be FIRED for their actions! RIP NY Times, you are DONE. NO ONE respects you or will ever trust you again.

Quote:Americans need to ban and encourage everyone they know to quit subscribing, watching, and reading of such liberal mainstream such as the NYT, ABC, NBC, CBS, Yahoo, etc. I have already gotten rid of those stations and in the midst of changing browsers. It is time to send a message to these "deplorables" of liberal media a message to where is counts, their wallet!!!

Quote:During this election, all of the MSM outlets were working to elect Hillary. They conspired with her to crush Bernie by any means necessary, then went after Trump with a fire storm of negative stories. The false rape allegations were the low point(Julian Assange was accused of the same thing-hmm...). The NYT bet the farm on one horse, and that horse lost. Now, they have nothing left but to beg. They should close their doors because 99% of the employees were/still are in on the deceptive reporting-

Quote:The New York Times is now...officially...a joke and quite frankly a disgrace. I wouldn't subscribe to the NYT if they were the last rag on Earth. Pathetic.

Quote:You really have to want to see that as an apology to call it an apology.

Quote:The majority of news broadcasters should have their FCC license" taken away permanently for their biased reporting of this election. Just saying that they are sorry will not cut it. They knew exactly what they were doing but did it anyway They broke the rules that govern how their coverage of news should be dispensed over the air and TV. they should all be held accountable for their actions.

This one had me laugh out loud:

Quote:Hey NY Times, I will give you my prediction for what will happen in the Trump presidency and you can feel free to quote me: Sharp decline in the amount of donations to the Clinton Foundation from foreign governments.

Quote:Unethical, dishonest media! I have never seen such a biased coverage in my entire life! I have been a Times reader for decades that ended weeks back! ABC, NBS,CBS, Times, W. Post, Clinton News Network, all of them were so dishonest and deceiving in their unfaar covarge of Trump. They said only uneducated White Males support Trump. Hillary, Obama, media, all categorised Trump supporters as "less of a human being". I have a Ph.D from a top school and my conviction was very clear from the very beginning. I voted for Trump. There is nothing racist in insisting to have a strong border, to stop the outflow of jobs from America, to have better trade deals, so on. Obama, Hillary, media must be ashamed of the way way they portrayed Trump and his supporters! Our Press must learn what journalism means! It was so pathetic, deplorable!

Quote:Hey NYT, "You're FIRED! "

LOL

Will stop there as there are over 700 of those...

For more honest and accurate comments:

New York Times issues apology; Is it too late?

minusculeclap
Over 700?!   tinybighuh   That's quite the tongue lashing! 

I'm GLAD!!!!  They deserved it! tinyangry 

smallslavedriver minusculemooning
(11-13-2016, 05:44 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: Walking back on Obamacare, ...

Wait.... WHAT? Can you elaborate? I know I've been pretty busy with other things the past few days, but if he's reneging on his promise there, then I'm gonna have a problem with him right out of the gate.

Now, just to make my position clear, I couldn't give less of a crap WHAT they do with Obamacare, just as long as they get rid of that unconstitutional " Individual Mandate". Don't care if they gut it, keep it, or scrap it and replace it with something else - just as long as citizens of an allegedly Free nation are not forced to participate, I'm ok with whatever they do with it or to it beyond that.

SO - if he's now "walking back" on it (just a polite euphemism for reneging on a promise), then I want to know just HOW he is breaking his word.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(11-15-2016, 01:35 AM)Ninurta Wrote:

Wait.... WHAT? Can you elaborate? I know I've been pretty busy with other things the past few days, but if he's reneging on his promise there, then I'm gonna have a problem with him right out of the gate.

Now, just to make my position clear, I couldn't give less of a crap WHAT they do with Obamacare, just as long as they get rid of that unconstitutional " Individual Mandate". Don't care if they gut it, keep it, or scrap it and replace it with something else - just as long as citizens of an allegedly Free nation are not forced to participate, I'm ok with whatever they do with it or to it beyond that.

SO - if he's now "walking back" on it (just a polite euphemism for reneging on a promise), then I want to know just HOW he is breaking his word.

It's hard to say at the moment. Maybe he's just showing his "calm and collected" side now that the office truly smacked him in the face. Maybe he's just playing nice? Who knows. But it seems (at the least) anything that replaces OC should include two very popular provisions of OC. 

Obamacare Lives?

Again, it's too early to tell if this is a tried and true "flip flop" but I think the severity of this office really hit him hard. I also think he knows how to play nice and when to play nice (see his visit to Mexico...and the subsequent press conferences that followed lol). So again, who knows. But he certainly lost the fire-brand "burn it down" talk that he had during the campaign (which was to be expected with most of his policy positions). 

Hell, I read earlier that his transition team spent almost 2 weeks before the election sitting at computers "networking and looking for post-campaign work". They clearly didn't see this coming, and that's why CC got demoted. Trump met Obama's team and went "wait, what the hell have you been doing this entire time?!" Because clearly, they were planning for a quick job change, not the presidency.

From what I've seen, he is only "walking back" on a few things.  He said he would look it over and keep the best things about it.  Like, allowing "children" to remain on their parents policy until age 26, and allowing those who want to keep it to do so. He is not going to force anyone to take something they don't want.
(11-15-2016, 02:11 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

From what I've seen, he is only "walking back" on a few things.  He said he would look it over and keep the best things about it.  Like, allowing "children" to remain on their parents policy until age 26, and allowing those who want to keep it to do so. He is not going to force anyone to take something they don't want.

I agree. And hopefully Obamacare gets turned into something that actually works. We certainly needed something, healthcare cost has been rising for decades now and we can't sustain that. There are many things I like about the reform (after actually reading it, unlike congress...) and we need to start over with malpractice insurance. I've heard stories about people setting up clinics and they pay upwards of 70% of their income towards malpractice insurance. Eh, not an expert but when an MRI cost me 5,000 dollars and the doc says it's because 3500 of that will go towards his premium, it's kind of hard to argue. 3500 towards the malpractice insurance premium, 350 towards the capital expense to buy the machine, 1000 towards the overhead, and 150 for him.  tinywhat tinysure tinysure
That works for me, just as long as I'm not chained into the slave coffles with the rest of the herd. I've recently changed positions at work, and part of that was having to reject insurance yet again, not to mention the recent "open enrollment" period where they tried to rope me into it, so I actually had to reject it twice. Trump has roughly 85 days from inauguration to Tax Day to un-fuck that unconsitutional part of it, so we'll see just what he's really made of fairly soon.

If not, there might be a bit of trouble in my little world over the next year, since I've been chucked up a tax bracket, and will now have to finally file... and there will be hell to pay, legally speaking, if they try to fine me for NOT buying a product from a private corporation I choose not to do business with. It was my understanding that in order to have legal standing for a suit against it, one had to be able to demonstrate injury from it, which will be the case should they try and test me.

I'm with you on the malpractice reform. There needs to be caps put on amounts that can be awarded and premiums that can be charged, as well as some serious curtailment of what is required to bring suit in the first place.

Caps on premiums for individual health insurance should be implemented as well - insurance companies are just taking your premiums and playing the stock market with them, then paying what few claims they pay out of the vast proceeds of that, anyhow. Reasonable caps on premiums are not gonna hurt them... it won't even hurt the horrendous and outrageous salaries they are paying their upper management.

Implementing HSA's and deregulating interstate commerce in insurance is a good start, I think, in addition to removing that damned "Individual Mandate". I'm told that what I'd like to see will drive insurance companies out of business, and I've replied "good - if they can't handle their business honestly, they NEED to be run out of business. Their CEO's can get jobs on the assembly line if they can't run a company."

Fuck 'em - NO corporation, insurance, bank, or otherwise, is "too big to fail".

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’