Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TWD - The Walking Dead Season 7...
The first episode of season 7 aired last night after a loooooong summer of waiting to see who would end up at the end of 'Lucille', Negan's barb wire baseball bat...

Now that I've seen it...All I'll say is...

HOLY SHIT !

That has to be some of the most gruesome scenes that I've ever seen on TV.

For spoiler alerts, I won't go into details but dayem....

A lot of fans are pissed and quitting the show. The gore has surpassed the zombies fests. The fake elongated mysteries have out shunned the good writing.

I'll still be watching but after last night, I feel like they've diverted a little too much from the originality of its crazy beginnings.

Like having had pizza for too long...it just doesn't taste as good anymore.

Next week...the Kingdom...we'll see how that turns out.

For those of you following TWD, what are your impressions (without killing the punches - or baseball bat hits - for those who haven't seen it) about S7 Ep 1 ?

[Image: the-walking-dead-spoilers-season-6-finale.png?cbcd99]

Man oh man....

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(10-24-2016, 11:27 PM)Sol Wrote: The first episode of season 7 aired last night after a loooooong summer of waiting to see who would end up at the end of 'Lucille', Negan's barb wire baseball bat...

Now that I've seen it...All I'll say is...

HOLY SHIT !

That has to be some of the most gruesome scenes that I've ever seen on TV.

For spoiler alerts, I won't go into details but dayem....

A lot of fans are pissed and quitting the show. The gore has surpassed the zombies fests. The fake elongated mysteries have out shunned the good writing.

I'll still be watching but after last night, I feel like they've diverted a little too much from the originality of its crazy beginnings.

Like having had pizza for too long...it just doesn't taste as good anymore.

Next week...the Kingdom...we'll see how that turns out.

For those of you following TWD, what are your impressions (without killing the punches - or baseball bat hits - for those who haven't seen it) about S7 Ep 1 ?

[Image: the-walking-dead-spoilers-season-6-finale.png?cbcd99]

Man oh man....

I got a trial of Netflix and watched Season 1-6 before my time expired, then I cancelled. I have Hulu, but it doesn't air on there.
I just wanted to see what all the hype was about.
I have also been waiting to hear who got clubbed, but after finding out from my cousin what happened, I wouldn't watch it anymore. They let one of my favorite people die, and now I'm letting the whole show die! minusculeflamethrower I figured this would drop their ratings way down!!
I thought it was disgusting, shocking, way above and beyond what the show started as.

The eyeball scene was unnecessary at the very least.

I don't know if I want to continue actually. They are going for shock value more and more while ignoring what I believe the fans are watching it for.

On another note:

Connecticut mayor cancels Halloween after ‘Walking Dead’ characters’ untimely deaths

Quote:They, too, get angry when their favorite television characters are killed off unceremoniously and without mercy. But in Mayor Mark Boughton’s case, he has the authority — or at least, thinks he does — to declare “90 days of mourning” on their behalf, and even to cancel a national holiday.
My questions?

Doesn't he have better things to do and how about "executive power overreach" in all its glory?

Yup...checked it out:

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Con...07621.html

Wow!
(10-25-2016, 12:14 AM)Jude Wrote: I thought it was disgusting, shocking, way above and beyond what the show started as.

The eyeball scene was unnecessary at the very least.

I absolutely agree. I've read comments today that some people just couldn't sleep after seeing that scene or simply turned off their TV sets, abandoning the rest of the episode...and the rest of the series.

Maybe it's a bit more personal because of the attachment we felt towards this character though. Yet, the cruelty displayed was troubling indeed as it surpassed any other scene from a human being killing another human being.

And to be perfectly honest, I don't think that the first one to get the bat would have just kept kneeling there, waiting for his head to be bashed in. He would have gotten up and jumped on Negan with all he's got. But hey...the writers imagined he'd become docile and compliant all of a sudden.

I don't know either if I'll keep watching. Seems to be going downhill.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(10-25-2016, 01:58 AM)Sol Wrote: I absolutely agree. I've read comments today that some people just couldn't sleep after seeing that scene or simply turned off their TV sets, abandoning the rest of the episode...and the rest of the series.

Maybe it's a bit more personal because of the attachment we felt towards this character though. Yet, the cruelty displayed was troubling indeed as it surpassed any other scene from a human being killing another human being.

It was kinda what I expected, at least partially. I had serious reservations that it was another character slated for the bat, but was shown to be wrong about that - so far. I can't really say what I think, at least not for a while, when I figure everyone interested has either seen or heard about it. I will say that I only half expected what I saw, and gore on screen is much closer to reality than gore in ink. Yeah, I've read the comics, and the departures  on screen are as unexpected as  the adhesions are.

Quote:And to be perfectly honest, I don't think that the first one to get the bat would have just kept kneeling there, waiting for his head to be bashed in. He would have gotten up and jumped on Negan with all he's got. But hey...the writers imagined he'd become docile and compliant all of a sudden.

I don't know either if I'll keep watching. Seems to be going downhill.

What shocked me about that was the fact he could speak at all, not that he didn't go for the throat. Neegan took the stroke quick and unexpected, and after that the character was bound to be so addled that further fighting was impossible. I was shocked he could get a coherent sentence out, and that he was coherent enough to remain defiant to the bitter end.

The next execution was closer to what it looks like in the real world, incoherent babbling and a single disconnected thought escaping as a sentence - it was surprising the character could speak at all there, too, but the sentence that finally emerged was entirely disjointed form the reality of what was occurring. "I will find you" was a thought escaping from some time in the past, jolted loose by the stroke of the bat, and by that point I think the character was no longer "there", but somewhere else in what was left of the mind rattling around in that brain.

The flashes or flashbacks of the other deaths that did not actually happen disconcerted me. I thought "Dayum - who's gonna be left to act in the show?", It was a while before I realized that Rick was not remembering, he was instead projecting a likely outcome if he didn't get with the program.

My son was more traumatized by Rick's apparent breaking than he was by the gore fest. That's probably my fault, because I have always stressed to him that there are far worse things that can happen to a man than just dying, and there are real monsters in the real world that don't hide under the bed or in your closet, but smile at you when they come. Neegan didn't surprise him, but Rick apparently breaking did. I had to kind of talk him down and get him to understand that Rick NEEDS Neegan to think he broke him, because of what comes next. Just like Neegan smiling when he comes, Rick has to misdirect Neegan when HE comes, so that it's unexpected. It's basic strategy, going all the way back to Sun Tzu.

Speaking of what comes next, I wouldn't stop watching just yet. You probably need to see what happens next to get some sort of closure, becaue the dead ARE beloved characters that most viewers had gotten attached to. Things look bleak right now, but have you EVER known that group to just give up and lay down?

Neegan's got some deep shit coming. I bet he ain't smiling THEN! A man might come along and pop a couple of mine, but if he does, I'm gonna fuck up his whole world for generations to come... that's the sort of thing I would expect out of this bunch.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’