Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Look What the Pentagon is Demanding Now!
This is a crying shame... just a crying shame, I tell you!   minusculeredtantrum 

Quote:As reported by the LA Times, “Short of troops to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan a decade ago, the California National Guard enticed thousands of soldiers with bonuses of $15,000 or more to reenlist and go to war.

Now the Pentagon is demanding the money back. Nearly 10,000 soldiers, many of whom served multiple combat tours, have been ordered to repay large enlistment bonuses — and slapped with interest charges, wage garnishments and tax liens if they refuse — after audits revealed widespread overpayments by the California Guard at the height of the wars last decade.

(Red text by me.)

[Image: ABW-concerned-1000x640.jpg]

California Guard officials mismanaged the bonuses under pressure to meet enlistment targets. So, is it really the fault of the people who received the bonus to have to pay it back? It was a slap in the face to tell them to pay it back, in my opinion.

Quote:Soldiers say the military is reneging on 10-year-old agreements and imposing severe financial hardship on veterans whose only mistake was to accept bonuses offered when the Pentagon needed to fill the ranks.

“These bonuses were used to keep people in,” said Christopher Van Meter, a 42-year-old former Army captain and Iraq veteran from Manteca, Calif., who says he refinanced his home mortgage to repay $25,000 in reenlistment bonuses and $21,000 in student loan repayments that the Army says he should not have received.

“People like me just got screwed.” In Iraq, Van Meter was thrown from an armored vehicle turret — and later awarded a Purple Heart for his combat injuries — after the vehicle detonated a buried roadside bomb. Susan Haley, a Los Angeles native and former Army master sergeant who deployed to Afghanistan in 2008, said she sends the Pentagon $650 a month — a quarter of her family’s income — to pay down $20,500 in bonuses that the Guard says were given to her improperly.

“I feel totally betrayed,” said Haley, 47, who served 26 years in the Army along with her husband and oldest son, a medic who lost a leg in combat in Afghanistan. Haley, who now lives in Kempner, Texas, worries they may have to sell their house to repay the bonuses. “They’ll get their money, but I want those years back,” she said, referring to her six-year reenlistment.“

This is beyond appalling. Here we have a Pentagon stating it will pay for sex change surgery for those who are suffering from gender dysphoria. I just want to know, how much money did the Department of Defense pay for those “transgender handbooks” and training materials? And how about the state of California not give taxpayer-funded benefits to illegal immigrants and maybe, every sanctuary city in California should pay this tab? And where is Barack Obama, the liar commander in chief on this issue? Yes, I am just that peeved.

Here’s Obama touting his generosity in allowing tens of thousands of Syrian refugees into the country, with benefits. Why not cut that off and provide the funding for these men and women who’ve served? This has been ten years past and now we’re punishing those who’ve gone on with their lives? They did nothing wrong, they didn’t seek to defraud our nation — heck, they put their lives on the line to backfill the manpower shortages made by politicians and government bureaucrats. Is this truly how we honor those who have served?

This quote is often attributed by many (including yours truly) to General George Washington. I wish I knew who first said it, because it is damn right: “The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive how the veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation.”

No truer words could have been spoken and ask yourself, what member of any State National Guard will step up to the plate knowing this? Where is California Governor Jerry Brown? He’s very busy sending letters to the president asking to open up Obamacare for illegal immigrants in California — what about these Americans who are being wrongfully targeted Mr. Brown?

Barack Obama is all over providing more and more government largesse for the expansion of the welfare state — maybe we should have less folks getting EBT (electronic benefits cards) and rectify this situation. Ladies and gents, this is just one of the reasons why Americans are angry.
Hey, I have a novel idea, all these overpaid NFL jerks, and other athletes taking a knee during our national anthem – how ‘bout you pony up the funds for these men and women?

They’re the reason why y’all can go out and play kids’ games for big bucks — they provide that blanket of security. You mean this isn’t about “social justice?”

I just cannot believe I’m living in an America that would send notices of repayment for their services rendered to stand upon freedom’s rampart — wage garnishment? Are you kidding me?

We’ve had how many of our veterans die at the hands of inept, corrupt, and deceitful government bureaucrats at the Veterans Administration… and how many of them have been ordered to return their bonuses? This is just unconscionable and I want to hear from anyone who agrees with this! Who in God’s name would want to serve in uniform for our country at this time?

And we know that a Hillary Clinton presidency, with a cabinet of alleged criminals who received immunity, would be based on abandoning Americans to die and lying about it in a combat engagement.
This is a national shame, and let’s see if Obama will come out and make a statement about this.
Let’s see if White House mouthpiece Josh “not so” Earnest will address this tomorrow at the daily press briefing.

Folks, we need to melt down the Pentagon phone and email lines and demand this stop, and any and all funds be returned to these men and women. Find those who are responsible and force them to pay restitution — not these who left their homes and placed themselves in harm’s way — which is what they were asked to do.

All I can say is this, if Hillary Clinton says she’ll continue the Obama policies…and if she agrees to this, well, there’s no way she can be president. As for MSG Susan Haley, early voting starts tomorrow in Texas. Let’s send a message, Master Sergeant!

We’ve gone two weeks without awarding a FUBAR recognition…well, we got one here!

Source
Sigh...   Who in their right mind will serve in uniform after this?!   tinyok
Did anyone here expect a Liberal Democrat in California or any where else in Our Current Government to Accept The responsibility for Making A Mistake?
PLEEEEEESSSSSSSSE! They are Known and Proven Liars and Cheats.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
We saw this earlier and were appalled by it.

What a disgrace.

Our gubberment can give millions to refugees and illegals.
Even gave Iran how many millions????
Oh, can't forget this and I quote: "Pentagon stating it will pay for sex change surgery for those who are suffering from gender dysphoria."

And yet, they want to shit on the military soldiers who risked their life, threatening them "with interest charges, wage garnishments and tax liens"  if they refuse.

What a bunch of bullshit.
Our gubberments priorities are totally screwed up!!!

This is just asinine.

Just gives people another reason NOT to trust the government.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'