Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UN bans skeptical journalists from climate summit
That's right, here is the entire title.
Quote:CAUGHT ON TAPE: UN bans skeptical journalists from climate summit for holding views not ‘particularly helpful’

Tell me again how this isn't Rigged like Our Next Election. It all about the Money!
Quote:UN official Nick Nuttall on why conservative media outlet is being banned: 'I don't see what they are actually reporting as being particularly helpful." 

Even establishment & warmist CBC was having none of the UN's excuses. 
CBC to UN: 'Do people have to prove that they're helpful in order to be accredited journalists?' - 'So it does seem that what Mr. Levant is saying is true — that you didn't like his point of view.'
True!
Quote:CBC’s As it Happens host Carol Off spoke with the UN’s Nick Nuttall. Nuttall was involved in the decision to deny Rebel Media accreditation for next month’s meeting. Here’s an excerpt of their conversation:
CAROL OFF: Mr. Nuttall, Ezra Levant says that you have rejected his application because you don’t like Rebel Media’s point of view. How do you respond?
NICK NUTTALL: We looked at Rebel Media and we just really weren’t sure what it was. I mean, we weren’t sure if it was a platform for this chap Ezra — I can’t remember his last name now …
CO: Levant. Ezra Levant.
NN: Ok fine, yeah. I don’t live in Canada, so I don’t know. We get a lot of people who purport to be journalists and sometimes they’re NGOs or civil societies or others with all kinds of different axes to grind and all kind of issues. We try and just make sure that we accredit what we consider to be journalists.
Quote:“I looked at Rebel Media’s website and it seemed to me that this was a kind of website that was very much pushing a very particular point of view and therefore made me wonder how it was funded, who backs it, and what kind of purpose they were there to serve.”– UN’s Nick Nuttall
CO: On what grounds did you reject Mr. Levant and Rebel Media’s application?
NN: I looked at Rebel Media’s website and it seemed to me that this was a kind of website that was very much pushing a very particular point of view and therefore made me wonder how it was funded, who backs it, and what kind of purpose they were there to serve. Looking at some of the headlines on their website … there didn’t seem to be much balance in the reporting. It seemed to be more kind of anti-refugee, anti-climate, anti-this, anti-that. And I just didn’t feel that it was maybe appropriate in terms of better understanding climate change issues and giving balanced reporting to a general public

Ezra Levant, shown March 2, tried to get accreditation for three journalists from his The Rebel online site for a UN climate conference in Morocco this November. He was turned down and now says the UN is ‘banning the one journalistic group they find offensive.’ (Canadian Press)

CO: So it does seem that what Mr. Levant is saying is true — that you didn’t like his point of view.
NN: No, not really. The point is he seems to be advocating a particular point of view which is so personal that it didn’t seem to be a genuine media outlet to me… I don’t see what he is actually reporting you know as being particularly helpful.

CO: 
Do people have to prove that they’re helpful in order to be accredited journalists?
NN: Well, what do you think journalism is about?

CO: 
Reporting.
NN: Reporting. Factually, accurately, honestly, trying to get the truth out of what actually is going on in this very complex world. And, from the little I saw, which were inflammatory headlines on issues that weren’t even related to climate change … It was a croc of something, or other.
CO: He called it “climate change croc”.
NN: Yeah, well what does that add to public understanding? What is journalism?

CO: 
Is it not possible, though, by rejecting his application that you have given his position even more publicity?
NN: That is one reason why I was slightly reluctant to do this interview with you … Many people have written to me that he’s very adept at using this kind of thing to generate more money through crowd-funding to keep his website going. I hope that people who maybe listen to this interview will think twice.

CO:
 Can he do anything to convince you otherwise to give him the accreditation?
NN: Well I have to say that two Canadian journalism associations have in fact written to me saying that we should rethink the situation. Now, when serious Canadian journalist associations actually write to me on that basis and are willing to stand by this individual and his website and what he covers, then now, I’m chewing that over. [These associations] have credibility, it would seem, and so I’m really thinking about it.
A Serious Journalist, You won't Know One If He / She Was Standing In Front Of YOU!

Now Tell Me, How truthful is The UN and Climate Change or Global Warming?
It's All Bull Shit, they are pushing their own agenda to control your every day lives.
Source
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Exactly.

Mr. Nuttall "is not particularly helpful" in pushing their point of view, their propaganda. That is the sort of thing to expect in a propaganda-driven society. It has been the case in every single communist society ever. It was so in the Soviet Union, in Communist China, in Cuba, in Angola, in Zimbabwe, etc. Every single one.

It's a sad fact that it has come to be expected in the US, and indeed the entire world as shown by this UN propaganda decision. The decision board is filling the place of governments world-wide with state-run media, where only state-approved "news" - i.e. propaganda - is the only "news" allowed to reach the populace.

Sad that my America is becoming the very enemy it once fought and vanquished in the Soviet Union, and Russia is one of the only modern political units actually willing to fight for freedom.

I never saw this coming.

Sad indeed.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Sad Indeed It Is and we seen this coming in 2007 when the M S M would not Allow Any Negative Coverage Of Obama and Slammed Every Which Way It Could The Republican Nomination.
The News Out Lets and Internet would Control All Information and Discredit or Refuse To Report The Truth.

Other Credible new agencies were shut out of Conferences, Only Obama Approved news out lets were televised.
Quote:Mr. Nuttall "is not particularly helpful" in pushing their point of view, their propaganda.

Their propaganda is suppressing freedom of speech/freedom of thought of others with opposing views.

How do they expect people to take climate change seriously then, when it is so blatantly obvious of how one-sided it is?
Their side only and no one of the skeptical mind allowed.

Thought science was about challenging ideas, doing tests, research and debating it over time.
Until global warming came about.

Why they are pushing that so, is the million dollar question. Literally.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(10-24-2016, 02:34 AM)senona Wrote:
Quote:Mr. Nuttall "is not particularly helpful" in pushing their point of view, their propaganda.

Their propaganda is suppressing freedom of speech/freedom of thought of others with opposing views.

How do they expect people to take climate change seriously then, when it is so blatantly obvious of how one-sided it is?
Their side only and no one of the skeptical mind allowed.

Thought science was about challenging ideas, doing tests, research and debating it over time.
Until global warming came about.

Why they are pushing that so, is the million dollar question. Literally.
Quote:Pravda: “Scientists Now Warn Of A New Ice Age” As Temperature Plummets to – 80°F In Russia! 
Now what is the UN going to do? Bunch Of Losers! 
Quote:Some impressive winter events have been taking place all across the northern hemisphere lately. Especially eastern and southeastern Europe have been pounded by massive snowfalls and tremendously cold temperatures. Turkey has been buried by heavy snows and extreme temperatures have gripped the entire USA and vast areas of Russia.
The global warming climate appears to have been hacked by natural factors.
[Image: NASA-ICE-622043-Greenland.jpg]
Quote:Extreme cold and snow pound the northern hemisphere as some scientists warn of the potential for ice age conditions. Photo of Greenland by NASA (public domain)
  • In Russia Moscow celebrated the coldest orthodox Christmas in 125 years.
  • Snowfall paralyzed the city of Istanbul, Turkey.
  • Massive snow falls across the Balkans, Italy and Greece.
  • Dozens of Europeans have since frozen to death.
  • Northern Albania villages have been cut off by 120 cm of snow.
  • A temperature of -62°C (-80°F) was recorded in Chanty-Mansijsk (Russia).

Arctic conditions spread deep into the Mediterranean

These are all odd events when considering the “consensus” forecasts made 15 years ago, which warned that snow and ice would become rare.
In fact many scientists warned that Mediterranean conditions would spread into northern Europe. Lately, however, just the opposite has happened: Arctic conditions have plunged down into the Mediterranean!

Even worse, there is no end in site for the harsh European winter conditions, German mass circulation daily Bild writes here.

Warning of an impending ice age
So in the face of all the earlier global warming predictions, it is now only ironic that yesterday the German-language Pravda TV site here published an article warning of an impending ice age. The article cites Yale scientist Wei Liu and a recent paper he published on the “overlooked possibility of a collapsed Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation“. Should the ocean heat conveyor collapse, then there would be “a prominent cooling over the northern North Atlantic and neighboring areas, sea ice increases over the Greenland-Iceland-Norwegian seas and to the south of Greenland.”

Note: Pravda is a rebel-type German site, and so could be viewed to be in similar ranks as climate alarmist sites, but with an opposite view. A collapsed AMOC is still speculative.
Well,,, OK Then, they're Alarmist,,,, Or Are THEY?
Source
Quote:The global warming climate appears to have been hacked by natural factors.

This is one thing that is wrong with global warming alarmist.

They do not, nor will not, take into consideration the NATURAL climatic cycles that are in play.  smallnotamused

It goes against their "theory" of man made GW...to which it is a crock of shit when one is not allowed to question ALL factors that have influence on the weather, both naturally and non-natural.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'