Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Emory looking to establish regular POC-only social events
P O C stand for People Of Color and this Event Well Not Allow White People To Participate.
I thought we had Laws Against Segregation and Blatant Racism. 

Quote:Emory University’s Campus Life Department will soon host an event that it hopes will develop into a regular social hour, but invitations will only be extended to students and staff “of color.”
[*]

DeLa Sweeney, Emory's interim director for Multicultural Programs, defended the concept of a POC-only gathering, saying it will offer participants the chance to explore their "shared interests and common goals."

Quote:“This event is intended to serve as an opportunity for people of color at Emory to connect with one another and strengthen relationships within and across various communities, identities, and positions in the university,” the email explains, noting that the event is the first of “what will hopefully manifest into a series of annual gatherings that create and add to the tradition of acknowledging, honoring, and celebrating the experiences, contributions, and lives of people of color at Emory.”

Later in the email, a copy of which was obtained by Campus Reform, Sweeney reiterates that the social event will be open exclusively to people of color, saying “ECL staff of color are invited to attend this event,” but neglecting to extend the same invitation to others in the department.

Sweeney defended that nature of the event in an exchange with Campus Reform, arguing that the participants will benefit from the opportunity to explore their “shared interests” in the absence of white peers.

“Hosting programs for specific communities and affinity groups—in this case community members of color—is a practice that has been shown to be beneficial for employees and institutions in many fields including higher education,” he explained, adding that the upcoming event reserved for people of color will help in “creating mechanisms for individuals with shared interests and common goals.”
[*]
Source
DAMN!
I want to start a People Of Caucasian and Yellow and Green Event!
Well, All cultures except WHITE PEOPLES culture. That is Multi-Culti Libidiotism in a nutshell. Uncle Karl and Daddy Moa Would give these dimwitted Useful Idiots a big thumbs up.

Liberal hypocrisy on full display. Segregation is bad unless liberals do it. 
If it was advertised ALL WHITE it would be called a HATE GROUP!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
They brainwash students with useless shit like this ...... Then they wonder why amerika cant compete with the rest of the world ......  one more article can now use to show people over here why NOT to send their kids to amerika for education .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

Kind of reminds me of an occurrence in the early 90's. I was studying physics at the University of North Carolina. I was already in my 30's, and going to school on an Indian scholarship ("Native American" was in vogue even then, which I also rebelled against). So Jessee Jackson's "Rainbow Coalition" got my name from that scholarship, and sent me several invites to join the "Rainbow Coalition" as a "person of color". after the third invite, I wrote back and told them to fuck off because every person on Earth was a "person of color" - white is a color, too - and I had absolutely no intention of joining one gang of colors against another gang of colors. I prefer not to base my associations on skin color, and they were clearly doing just that.

Regarding the "Native American" bullshit, Graham Greene said it best I believe. He said that "Native American" is an insult. Every single person born here, regardless of skin color, is a native of America, a "Native American". Using that term to apply to Indians is an insult, just another white guy attempt to force Indians into white society, just like the "Indian schools" of long ago, that kidnapped Indian kids from the res, forced them into white run schools, to wear white guy clothes, and punished them for speaking their own language in an effort to force their integration into white society... and incidentally get out of paying treaty obligations by abolishing the tribes and retaking the reservation lands.

Piss on all of these color clubs. they're just the KKK wearing different gang colors.

Bastards.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"guohua" 

Quote:DAMN!

Does that mean I can invite my little Martian friends?   mediumalien
(10-22-2016, 10:26 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @"guohua" 

Quote:DAMN!

Does that mean I can invite my little Martian friends?   mediumalien
You Sure Can!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(10-22-2016, 08:18 AM)Ninurta Wrote: ...Regarding the "Native American" bullshit, Graham Greene said it best I believe. He said that "Native American" is an insult.

Every single person born here, regardless of skin color, is a native of America, a "Native American". Using that term to apply
to Indians is an insult, just another white guy attempt to force Indians into white society, just like the "Indian schools" of
long ago, that kidnapped Indian kids from the res, forced them into white run schools, to wear white guy clothes,
and punished them for speaking their own language in an effort to force their integration into white society...
and incidentally get out of paying treaty obligations by abolishing the tribes and retaking the reservation lands.

Piss on all of these color clubs. they're just the KKK wearing different gang colors.

Bastards.

I cannot agree more Ninurta. I was watching a video of an elder from a tribe in New Mexico talking originally
about Bigfoot wanderin' around Four Corners and then he also talked about his childhood.
(I've linked it below)

Chief Dan reminisced about how they cut his hair and basically kept him in captivity. I felt for
the man.

We're all the same... especially when we're Rogue.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
As if the division walls weren't high enough already.

Racist is as Racist does. Alive and well in this twenty first century.

I read Nin's reply about Native Americans and it reminded me of an anecdote.

Where I live, we're right near an Indian Reserve, and the division here is always 'tense' . They see us as the ones who took their land, (yeah, we're getting the hate card for something that happened eons ago), and they'll show just how much they hate white people at any chance they get.

They got fucked centuries ago, fine. I got fucked over many times in my life time, I don't turn it into a hate label at every chance I get.

So one day, I stopped at one of their gas station as I needed gas and it just happened to be way cheaper than where I live. I noticed there was a line up of people there, waiting to pump in the precious car juice. White, yellow, brown, black...every color under the sky, there, waiting in line.

So while I was waiting, becoming third in line or something by then, I hear the gas attendant say to a colleague of his... "See? The cocksucking white people hate us...but they love our gas..."

Got out of the line, went to the closest city and gassed up. Now I'd rather piss in my gas tank, if needed, than ever going back there again.

Racism is indoctrination. And there's always someone around to teach.

The other students of that University should denounce the event and call it as it is. A racism indoctrination.

Mosques anyone?

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~