Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Beyonce Video protests/counter protests bring call of Race War?
This is getting entirely out of hand. I mean, totally and absolutely out of hand. 

Quote:A very small number of demonstrators took to the streets in front of NFL offices in New York City on Tuesday to protest Beyonce’s performance at Super Bowl 50 of her racially charged anthem “Formation,” which they deemed offensive.

Uh Oh.... In this day and age, they should have known...Free Speech isn't always free of intimidation and outright effort to suppress it.

Quote:In response Black Lives Matters protesters appeared with a counter-protest. Among them was Kalief Metellus, who told TheBlaze, he believed a “race war” may be on the horizon.

..and they succeeded, apparently.

Quote:“KKK” shouted one protester at Ariel Kohane, the sole anti-Beyonce protester, who is an observant Jew.

Source

That last line sums it up. That was the largest single reason I broke from any connection or support of the Occupy people in this state. All bumper sticker slogans and frankly, hate or anger...with precious little critical thinking or depth of thought beyond it.

Race war? Oh.. please... this is a joke, right? I hope they don't actually believe their own nonsense for what is or isn't possible to do. Charles Manson thought a Race War could happen as well, and that era probably held a higher likelihood than ever before or since in America. He was absurdly mistaken, and so are these loons. 

What they may be quite capable of doing is leading frustrated, confused, severely under-educated young people into rioting on a large scale and getting a lot of people (MOST of them being their OWN, if history is anything to go by on riots) killed. However, even among the most noble of intentions? There are facts to face here...and groups like #BlackLivesMatter become too filled with agenda and hate, in my opinion, to see them or function above reactionary moves that eventually become self defeating. 

...mmm....how to put this...carefully for Politically Correct reasons..? 

Black Americans are 13.2% of the population. White folk are 77.4% of the overall American population and the largest minority (with their own, very legitimate reasons to bitch up a storm) are Hispanic/Latino at 17.4%. (* White without Hispanic or Latino mixing is listed as 62%) Source: US Census Bureau - QuickFacts of the United States

Now it is fair to say, it doesn't take a large % of a population to make war or rebellion. However, it absolutely DOES take a sympathetic or, at worst, neutral population in %'s many times over the number actually causing the rebellion.

If the black folks who have come to be so singularly focused on race chose to turn their attention to how broadly society and lower economic levels of it are suffering together? The energy generated could be directed to achieve actual and meaningful change. Numbers matter, in all political things...and if war is diplomacy by other means, then I'd suggest rebellion is politics taken to the same terminal level. 

Focusing on race as a singular topic, by any race (my own absolutely included) is a 100% sure loser. 

It becomes apparent in real sharp ways, IMHO, when a protest is overwhelmed and intimidated right off the street like that. 

* Oh..and for those who missed the almost laughable ignorance shown in the KKK remark, hurled at the lone protester toward the end? The Klu Klux Klan absolutely holds Jews as a special kind of low, and intolerable element in their vision of a ...warped society. Blindly calling someone KKK because they are white is as ignorant as saying any black protester, anywhere, is a New Black Panther Party militant. Its just silly, ignorant and totally absurd. 

United our People May Stand Strong .... Divided, Our People Will Stand Alone .... The Only "Our" in this context is American. Every color of it.
Beyonce's performance seems to have really stirred things up all over the country.  Here is a local report that involved someone shooting at a policeman's home.

I can't quote any of the article, so read it here:  LINK
I was just about to post the same thing Mystic

Tennessee Sheriff Blames Beyoncé's Super Bowl Halftime Show for Shootings

Quote:A Tennessee sheriff suggested Tuesday that an alleged rise in violence against police officers is directly related to Beyoncé's controversial Super Bowl halftime performance and new music video. 

The music video for "Formation," featuring provocative images referencing Hurricane Katrina and the Black Lives Matter movement, has generated a lot of buzz and debate.

And her Super Bowl performance — complete with beret-clad back-up dancers in an homage to the Black Panthers — was attacked as "outrageous" by conservatives like former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, even sparking calls for a boycott of the pop star.

And hardly anything from the NFL
Yet when one little pasty thingy came off Janet Jackson's boob, OH MY GOD...horrors

This is much more serious IMO
When a performer incites violence at the Superbowl, come on!!

Anti-cop
Anti-white

Boo on Beyonce!!
Take your hate and be gone 

Oh wait, nevermind, Obama would love for you to come visit him at the White House again
You fit in well with Rev. Wright and Al Sharpton

It tells you something about a person when they surround themselves with people like that.
Unfortunately, it just so happens to be our dear old president (shakes head)

a.k.a. 'snarky412'