Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Dracula Castle' Just Went On Sale In Romania
[Image: f62660c2150f4319b36730c1a233a982.png]

The 'Dracula Castle' just went on sale for a cool $80 million.....wow!

Quote:A Romanian castle from the 13th century went on sale this week for a jaw-dropping £47 million, or roughly $80 million at today's conversion rates, according to The Daily Mail.

The hilltop fortress, known as Bran Castle, is a huge tourist attraction with 560,000 annual visitors — many attracted by its reputation as “Dracula’s Castle.”

The castle dates back to 1211 (it was completed in 1388) and is believed by some to have been the inspiration for Irish author Bram Stoker’s description of Dracula’s castle in his 1897 book:

The castle is on the very edge of a terrific precipice. A stone falling from the window would fall a thousand feet without touching anything! As far as the eye can reach is a sea of green tree tops, with occasionally a deep rift where there is a chasm. Here and there are silver threads where the rivers wind in deep gorges through the forests.

Of course, the bloodsucking Count Dracula was fictional and there's no proof that his real life inspiration — Vlad the Impaler, prince of Wallachia in the 15th century — ever lived in this fortress either.

In reality, the castle was occupied by warriors and knights during its early history before being gifted to the Habsburg royal family in 1920.

When the Communists came to power in 1948, the Habsburg heirs were forced to leave the country. Today, those heirs run the castle as a tourist destination, but are looking to sell it to a new owner who will continue to run the museum and potentially open a small hotel.

How cool!
Would love to spend a week or so checking that baby out! minusculebiggrin
Being as I'm kinda short on the $80 mil.

Not to mention, I would not want the 'upkeep' on an Estate like that.

Here are some more pictures provided by another source

[Image: 5ecb1fb48fea4a958cd6b78287422caf.png]

[Image: 7a1518458bbd4eb6a1493633727babc9.png]

[Image: bb71e10cc20c4f87aeb6dcf46418dacb.png]

Thought I would share it for those who like this kind of thing.
Plus with Halloween right around the corner, well.......Dracula!!

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

They ripping ya off on the exchange rate by 20 mil at that price .....  going by current exchange rates ..... tempting ... but would not go for the tourist clause ...... then again ..... could lock up all the tourists in dungeon ..... nah between cold winters an muzzie infestation will avoid invest in europe .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

Nice castle!

However, I'm saving my 80 mil for when the one at Poenari goes on sale - that's the one that's haunted. It's not nearly as pretty, though, and a lot harder to get to, so maybe they'll cut me a better price on it.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Y'all can have it.  I'm saving my 80 million to buy a deserted island in the Atlantic so I can get away from all the craziness that has bombarded us in this world!

Just leave me alone, and let me live my final days in peace!   minusculebeercheers
If they added a little 'bite' to it they could get more.

Like...oh...I dunno...

[Image: dracula+Coppola+vampire+brides.jpg]

tinywondering
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
hmmm...

Why is everyone so worried about 80 mil?

560,000 visitors per year at $20 per head plus a gift shop and restaurant...a few rooms to rent. Paid off in no time!

Makes sense to me. :)

Anyone have the deposit money to spare? I'll cut you in for half profits.

Jude
I always wanted a castle! Can't we just pitch in? Pretty please? What an amazing historical and beautiful castle!
So cool! I'll go in halfsies with you! 

Hahaha