Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do You Have Psychic Powers?
Have you ever wondered where you rate with your psychic abilities?

Here are 10 questions to help you determine where you fit in.
Check them out below, and let us know if you’ve ever experienced any of these, or what kinds of spooky experiences you may have had!

Sign #1: You've Always Seen Strange Things

Sign #2: You Have Vivid Dreams — And Nightmares

Sign #3: You Have Strong Reactions To Old Places

Sign #4: You See Things Out Of The Corner Of Your Eye

Sign #5: You Have A Strong Connection To Animals

Sign #6: You've Experienced Strange Things After The Death Of A Loved One

Sign #7: Someone In Your Family Has Had Similar Experiences

Sign #8: Electronics Seem To Malfunction Around You

Sign #9: You Hear Noises In The Next Room — When No One Else Is Home

Sign #10: You've Always Been Drawn To The Paranormal

I can answer "YES" to all 10!!   tinybighuh  What about you?

Source
(10-14-2016, 04:26 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Sign #1: You've Always Seen Strange Things

Yes, ever since I was one year old.  I remember being in my crib, and I know I was one year old at the time because that's when we moved into our new house and I was still sleeping in a crib at that time.
Anyway, I remember waking up and seeing a strange figure standing at the foot of my crib.  I also remember being afraid, but that's all I remember about that.

I have vivid dreams when there is a message in them for me, but otherwise, my dreams are just "normal".

Absolutely!  I can barely stand to be close to an old house or establishment. I can feel the presences of all those who lived there before... and may still be there.   tinybighuh

Every night!  I have a ghost (or three) in my house.  They aren't malevolent, so I just co-exist with them.  When they get active I threaten to bring out the sage and things get quite; REAL QUITE!   tinylaughing

I think everyone here who knows me at all knows that I probably love animals more than people. tinybiggrin

Yes.  And not just a "loved one", but also neighbors and distant family members that I'm not even close to.

Yes, my cousin is very psychic, and my sister has been with me when things happened and also experienced things where she lives now.

Yes! @"Senona" can verify that.   tinylaughing

Yes. As a matter of fact, a friend was over not long ago and testing out some dowsing rods.  They crossed in one corner of my living room where I have felt a presence.  She asked if it was who I thought, would they knock on the wall... AND THEY DID... TWICE... VERY LOUD, right where she was standing.  I think it freaked her out, even though she has been involved in a  ghost hunting group.  Her reaction made me laugh. tinylaughing

Ummm... Yep!!  Before the internet, I used to grab every book on the paranormal I could get my hands on. After the internet, I was like a kid in a candy shop, and I'm still eating the candy to this day
! minusculebiggrin

Tag!  You're it!  What can you answer "yes" to?
Yep .... got all 10 .... did I win anything ....  though only two prove useful .... ability to locate unmarked bars/pubs anywhere in world .... an ability to see an talk to ghosts .... often they far better company than the living ....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(10-14-2016, 06:05 PM)Daitengu Wrote: Yep .... got all 10 .... did I win anything ....  though only two prove useful .... ability to locate unmarked bars/pubs anywhere in world .... an ability to see an talk to ghosts .... often they far better company than the living ....

As most of us are aware, Sir Daitengu often frequents establishments where spirits can be found
and he performs his gift of expelling them.
(Hic!)
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Mr. G. Here.
Sign #1: You've Always Seen Strange Things   tinyhuh
Every Morning When I Wake-Up  tinyinbiglove
But don't tell Mrs. G. that   tinyshocked

She does have all those feelings.
Yes, Really!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
To everyone who had responded so far...

smallrofl
Is challenging task BIAD as theres some strong spirits out there ..... gotta be in top form to properly imbibe .... erm .... meant expel em ..... a thankless task but someone gotta do it neh .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(10-14-2016, 04:26 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Have you ever wondered where you rate with your psychic abilities?

Check them out below, and let us know if you’ve ever experienced any of these, or what kinds of spooky experiences you may have had!

Sign #1: You've Always Seen Strange Things

I can answer "YES" to all 10!!   tinybighuh  What about you?

Source

I can only answer yes to 9 of them. I have to say no to #8. Electronics do not malfunction around me, but malfunctioning electronics start functioning around me. they've noticed it at work now, and rumor around the office is that I scare the crap out of computers, and they start acting right out of sheer terror. It's gotten to the point that when someone's system starts acting up, they come straight to get me, because my mere approach will make it straighten out.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

That's some mighty awesome power you have there @"Ninurta".  

Are all computers afraid of woolly mountain men?   smallgreengrin
(10-16-2016, 05:57 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: That's some mighty awesome power you have there @"Ninurta".  

Are all computers afraid of woolly mountain men?   smallgreengrin

Probably not - I work among several woolly mountain men, and even they come to get me when their machines are acting contrary. I think I got jypped on superpowers, though... I'd much rather be able to fly!
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(10-14-2016, 04:26 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Have you ever wondered where you rate with your psychic abilities?

For the fun of it..

Quote:Sign #1: You've Always Seen Strange Things

Not really. I hear or sense strange things but the visuals are missing.

Quote:Sign #2: You Have Vivid Dreams — And Nightmares

Yes on vivid dreams. To the point where I can consciously decide of the direction where I want the dream to go to. Extremely vivid. As for nightmares, not that much anymore but used to have a lot in my younger days.

Quote:Sign #3: You Have Strong Reactions To Old Places

Not really. I like old places, as my eyes enjoy them most of the time but reactions? No.

Quote:Sign #4: You See Things Out Of The Corner Of Your Eye

At times but I've read somewhere that it's more of an eye thingie than a supernatural occurrence.

Quote:Sign #5: You Have A Strong Connection To Animals

I love all animals or just about. A strong connection? Not really.

Quote:

Yes. Numerous times. My father had a habit of playing music with his fingers on the wall behind his head when he laid in bed. It was always the same rhythm, every night. A few days after he passed, the same pattern he used to play woke me up for days on end. I would hear the same rhythm, the same pauses, it was identical. Same area of my bed, on the wall behind my head. That gave me a very clear message that he was ok...to carry on...

Quote:Sign #7: Someone In Your Family Has Had Similar Experiences

On my father's side, absolutely.

Quote:Sign #8: Electronics Seem To Malfunction Around You

Used to. Not any more. In some cases, it seems like the opposite, a bit like Ninurta has mentioned.

Quote:Sign #9: You Hear Noises In The Next Room — When No One Else Is Home

Not just in the next room...just about everywhere and very often. I am no longer surprised by it and I am sure that I no longer notice half the time...being so used to that. Noises, whispers, someone calling my name, more often than not.

Quote:Sign #10: You've Always Been Drawn To The Paranormal

Not as much as in my younger days. But still find it interesting : )

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Thank you @"Sol". 

I think everyone has psychic abilities.  It's just "paying attention" for most to realize they do.

It's an interesting little test for people to realize to what degree they are using theirs.   mediumbiggrin
(10-17-2016, 12:18 PM)Sol Wrote:

Not just in the next room...just about everywhere and very often. I am no longer surprised by it and I am sure that I no longer notice half the time...being so used to that. Noises, whispers, someone calling my name, more often than not.

When I was a kid, the old women around here used to tell us that voice calling our names when no one was around was the Devil calling for us. I and another manager at work heard it one day last week, at nearly the same time - within seconds of one another, and it called us each by name. Just another thing that make you go "hmmm..."

Several times now I've been the last manager there, and part of that is clearing the building before I leave. I ALWAYS hear doors opening and closing, and door latches clicking when I'm there alone, and then I have to take extra care to clear the place, and make sure no one is left in the building. So far, despite the doors working themselves, I've found no one else around. It's not because I'm there alone and jittery or anything, because I spent years in lonely places by myself when I was doing security, and never got spooked, nor do I feel a spooked feeling there when I hear the doors. it's more of an aggravated feeling, because then I have to run through the place again and check everywhere before I get to leave.

(10-18-2016, 02:28 AM)Ninurta Wrote:

When I was a kid, the old women around here used to tell us that voice calling our names when no one was around was the Devil calling for us. I and another manager at work heard it one day last week, at nearly the same time - within seconds of one another, and it called us each by name. Just another thing that make you go "hmmm..."

Several times now I've been the last manager there, and part of that is clearing the building before I leave. I ALWAYS hear doors opening and closing, and door latches clicking when I'm there alone, and then I have to take extra care to clear the place, and make sure no one is left in the building. So far, despite the doors working themselves, I've found no one else around. It's not because I'm there alone and jittery or anything, because I spent years in lonely places by myself when I was doing security, and never got spooked, nor do I feel a spooked feeling there when I hear the doors. it's more of an aggravated feeling, because then I have to run through the place again and check everywhere before I get to leave.

What is it with work places and ghosts?   tinybighuh

We had a ghost, or ghosts, where I used to work too.  (I won't go into the stories because someone out there reading this might recognize the place.)
My friend works at a large facility where there is a ghost that likes to play games with her when she's locking up.  As an example, she walks around the room pushing all the chairs up under the desks, and when she gets to the last one, the first one will be pulled out all the way. So she goes to push it in and then goes to do something else, only to see it pulled out again. She said the floor isn't slanted there to make it slide on it's on.
It pulls heavy things off of shelves, blows in people's ear, etc.  She won't use the bathroom at work unless it's a dire emergency because there is always something in there with her. She said all the security staff hate being in the building alone because they have all had "experiences".

Well, good luck Nin.  At least you have someone else who heard the voice too to validate that you aren't going crazy. minusculethumbsup2
(10-18-2016, 02:28 AM)Ninurta Wrote:

It does indeed make you go hmmm...

It gets weird having to turn around when I hear a voice saying 'Marc...' and there's not anyone there, even happened in the truck recently, as if someone called my name from the back seat. It happens everywhere, at home, on the street whether there are people or not, in crowds, like I said...everywhere..

Thanks for sharing Nin, at least now I know that I'm not alone, or schizo. tinybighuh
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(10-18-2016, 03:33 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: What is it with work places and ghosts?   tinybighuh

We had a ghost, or ghosts, where I used to work too.  (I won't go into the stories because someone out there reading this might recognize the place.)
My friend works at a large facility where there is a ghost that likes to play games with her when she's locking up.  As an example, she walks around the room pushing all the chairs up under the desks, and when she gets to the last one, the first one will be pulled out all the way. So she goes to push it in and then goes to do something else, only to see it pulled out again. She said the floor isn't slanted there to make it slide on it's on.
It pulls heavy things off of shelves, blows in people's ear, etc.  She won't use the bathroom at work unless it's a dire emergency because there is always something in there with her.  She said all the security staff hate being in the building alone because they have all had "experiences".

Well, good luck Nin.  At least you have someone else who heard the voice too to validate that you aren't going crazy. minusculethumbsup2

I dunno. A Family Dollar I worked at in Kansas City was haunted, and we caught some of the weird on video - in particular, I recall the back door opening on it's own on tape one Saturday morning. We reviewed the security tapes, and the door had been locked by one of the employees , yet it flew open on it's own and we could see a vague shadow going through it. You could see the shadow against the door, but none on the ground. We watched it open from two different angles, one inside the door and one outside the door, and no one there - just that vague shadow.

That place had an excuse. A few years ago, there was a gang shooting in the alley the door opens on to, and 5 kids were killed in the shooting. Stuff would fly off the shelves at the employees, and things like that, too. One guy who worked there was convinced it was Diablo, and would not be caught there alone for love nor money.

The place I work at now has no such excuse. It has only existed for 6 or 7 years, and the ground it's on was 200 feet underground before that. They chopped off 200 feet of the mountain top. No one has ever died there, at least not for a couple hundred million years. The ground it stands on was just below a 318 million year old coal bed. It's not like the ground is unstable or anything - it's had 320 million years to settle, with 200 feet of rock to help press it down.

(10-19-2016, 12:32 AM)Sol Wrote: It does indeed make you go hmmm...

It gets weird having to turn around when I hear a voice saying 'Marc...' and there's not anyone there, even happened in the truck recently, as if someone called my name from the back seat. It happens everywhere, at home, on the street whether there are people or not, in crowds, like I said...everywhere..

Thanks for sharing Nin, at least now I know that I'm not alone, or schizo.   tinybighuh

I'm a manager where I work now, so I'm used to folks calling for me. They want help with something, or a decision made on something else, so they call and I run. The job isn't the kind of fun it looks like from ground level, but it has it's rewards, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Because I'm used to getting called and running, people will see me stand up and look around for who is calling for me, and sometimes, when it was no one, they'll ask if the senile old guy suddenly got lost, and wonder what I'm looking for. The other day, another manager and I were standing within about 10 feet of one another, and we both suddenly started looking around to see who was calling for help, but no one was. the odd thing is that I distinctly hard MY name, and she distinctly heard HERS, but at the same time, and no one at all was calling for us.

Nope, we are not alone - else it would not be common enough that the old women years ago would need to cook up an explanation based on their own world view. It's more common than one might think.

BUMP FOR THE NEW MEMBERS.

LET'S PLAY!                           GO!