Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When Your Pets Do Creepy Stuff
(04-29-2022, 04:21 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(04-29-2022, 03:34 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(04-29-2022, 03:06 PM)Brotherman Wrote: You know your pets love you when your dropping a big ass shit

My Goliath is an equal opportunity sentry. He does that to me and to mother .

Luke doesn't do that.

We close the bathroom door behind us.   minusculebiggrin

Even when we close the door, Goliath is at the closed door, still doing sentry duty.

He wants to be where he can see you at all times.

He is my TV watcher. I have to leave the TV on for him when I leave home, or if we are behind closed doors.

The rest don't seem to care that much. But Sylvester, my Huskicat, and Goliath really like watching TV.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

The exact moment after you get home that you realize that your Huskicats are serial murderers.

[Image: IMG-20220521-181115068.jpg]

Now I have to add frogs to my "Snakes and Lizards Beware" sign.

And yes! That is exactly how I found them.

• minusculebeercheers 

(05-22-2022, 12:23 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: The exact moment after you get home that you realize that your Huskicats are serial murderers.

[Image: IMG-20220521-181115068.jpg]

Now I have to add frogs to my "Snakes and Lizards Beware" sign.

And yes! That is exactly how I found them.

Oh no! Those poor frogs!
The creepiest my dog did was sneezing when she got excited. 

Although, she was also a hair ribbon hoarder. She learned that trick from someone or got into it by herself. Would sneak up to me and friends and silently and gently try getting the hair ribbon out. She would do that with the teeth, one tooth and in a fluid move. While we were sitting on couch or in the kitchen. Like, get up on the back feet, grab the ribbon and slide down again. Then she would carry it for displaying it to us for a while and parading around. Often we would not notice. 

She was a Belgian shepherd and we trained together, she was a very intelligent, funny and active dog but well behaved when it counted. She could switch to maximum focus in the blink of an eye. When she was younger, up to around 8 years old, afterwards I did not do it anymore because she would just go and go until she collapse otherwise. 

We used to drive outside the little town I grew up and let her out. She was so into racing me in the car :D. When I reved the engine she knew it would start soon and she would dart back and forth and as soon as I coupled in the gear and the car started to move, she would dart away not looking back. I would too launch and keep a safety distance in case she stumbles. The gave me time to set the car into drifts on the dirt and gravel roads. Gravel was always best but I got some trouble with the farmers whose grass cutting gear does not like gravel.

Anyways so we would do short sections of around 1km, or a little under a mile to give her a bit rest. Otherwise she would go until she foams. We repeated that one or two times. She would always win and stay in front, for her confidence. Whenever there were people or a tractor, I slowed down to walking speed and honked, she would look back to me and I would raise my hand out of the window with the flat hand down and she would lay down on the side. Let people pass.

Often I thought people would be angry for doing the above but they were more often friendly and amused about us and how well behaved she is. When I knew that someone is afraid I would park the car between her and them. Thinking back it did not seem so amazing but back then it was real freedom. RWD car, gravel, windows down, summer morning and evenings. She would take shortcuts too haha but I do not blame her, she ran on the side in the green strip, not on the gravel :)

Ah good times but after she died with 16 years age, I decided to not get a dog. I would not have had the time to invest like had, when I was younger in my teens. I would like a dog breed to work and do something. I love all dogs no matter the race but a pure family dog with zero drive, isn't what I look out for.
Here we go again.

I just came in from the outdoors. All my Huskies had been outside for about 10 minutes. They all wanted to come in, except Tamar. My true problem child.

I went out and tried to coax her in, but she was laying out in the sun, and she was not having it. After about three minutes, my back was on fire, so I could not stay there any longer. I hid in the shade to try to get her to come to me. She looked at me, as if to say, "Not now!" "I'll come in hen I am ready!"

So I left her. I went back to the house, thinking she would surely follow me back to the house. Nope. I went on the porch and closed the door. Thinking when she realizes I have left her behind, and the closed door means it is final, she will come to the door. Nope.

I went into the house and her Mother, Father, and Brother, came with me. Thinking she will surely come now. Nope. Now we are looking at close to 15 minutes in the skin burning sun. Temp registering at 87 degrees with a feel like temp of 94, and my full blooded Siberian Husky has not budged.

My Mother was concerned, I wasn't. But she went out and coaxed her in with a treat. She came gladly. Walked in and laid down at my feet, looking up at me, looking like she was saying, "What are you looking at?" "I came in because I was ready."

I told her, 'Your ass would be cooked and I would not have opened the door to let you in." "You may have Nana trained, you spawn of Satan, but I can be just as stubborn as you."

So now I don't know what is creepier. A Siberian Husky that loves lying in the hot sun, or me having a battle of the wills with my stubborn dog.

• minusculebeercheers 

Okay. Tamar is up to it again.

She is a little shit.

She will not eat her treats when all the others eat theirs. She waits until they are finished, then she slowly eats hers.

Now the others will walk, dance, and whine all around her. She loves it!

They were taught from when they were puppies, that food aggressions are not allowed. The only bowl they share is the water bowl. Everyone has their own bowl, and they know better than to try to take food from each other.

They will come and beg the hell out Mother or I, but they will not eat another's food.

Well now she has started antagonizing them by lying in their crates. 

They all have their own crate, and all but Tamar, will not go into another's crate and lie down, in fact if one goes into another's crate, I have to hear about. They come to me, darn near sits on my feet, and does this bone chilling whine, that drives me insane.

I have thought about recording that whine and selling it to the highest bidder, because that whine has the ability to produce more torture than waterboarding.

The little shit goes in their crate lies down, and gets them all riled up. They come and tell on her and they expect me to make her move.

I stopped telling Tamar to move. I just stand by and tell them, "Go to bed." Tamar just lies there looking all innocent, with that look that says, "What!" "I didn't do anything."

When I tell them to go to bed, and they walk into their crate, she walks right out and goes to crate and lies down, looks at me like to say, "Alright." "I'm sorry." "Not!"

Tamar just loves stirring up shit. I wonder if @Beez is looking for a Siberian Husky.  minusculethinking

• minusculebeercheers 

A hard PASS!

tinylaughing

I'm done with all animals after this herd we have passes on.

I'm getting too old for this shit.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(06-15-2022, 02:07 AM)beez Wrote: A hard PASS!

tinylaughing

I'm done with all animals after this herd we have passes on.

I'm getting too old for this shit.

You should dog sit my German Shepard. 20 bucks says he won’t let you off your chair till I come back to get ‘em’ unless of course you offer up a glug or two of some fine swill and can tell him to shut the fuck up in a way that doesn’t make him laugh at you. :D he’s great with kids to, he keeps them heathens out of my yard!
Damn!

My poor Goliath thinks I have lost my mind. I am fussing with him and getting angrier by the minute because he is ignoring me, until he walks up to me whining, and I realize that I am calling his name while trying to get Tamar to listen to me.

I swear to you, that Tamar is more than the spawn of Satan, she is a darn shape shifting witch.

One minute she looks like her Father, the next she looks like her Brother. The only time she looks like Tamar is when she is wearing that Cheshire cat grin when she thinks she has done something that will get her a treat.

She is wily as a damn coyote. No wonder she steers clear of them.

• minusculebeercheers 

I found out something else weird about my Huskies today.

My Huskies are hard headed and stubborn. Most Huskies are. They have a tendency not to listen when you speak, so I started using hand gestures and sign language to communicate with them, out of pure frustration.

Well, I was just tired today, and was not up to the battle, so I didn't bother to say anything to them when I took them out. I just used hand gestures and sign language, no talking, and I was really surprised at how attentive they were. They followed my commands much better than ever before.

I am going to see where this goes.

• minusculebeercheers 

Happens to me every once in awhile
(07-15-2022, 08:22 AM)Brotherman Wrote:

Happens to me every once in awhile

My Goliath and Tamar, are truly the wizards of telepathy.

You will not be able to get past the twenty second mark of the telepathic stare down.

• minusculebeercheers 

I have come to the conclusion that my Tamar is a little shit.

Either that or she has been implanted with AI.

She deliberately antagonizes the rest of the pack.

She will hold on to her treat and won't eat it, until the others have eaten theirs. Then she will eat hers real slow, while the others circle her, drooling, watching her with envy.

I don't allow food or possession aggression, so they will never try to take it from her, and she knows it, so she just teases them.

She now is into commandeering their crates, and refusing to get out, until they tell on her, then she creeps off to her own crate, when I give her the evil eye.

She just like stirring up shit.

Just like the spawn of Satan she is.

• minusculebeercheers 

It was been dark, wet, and storming off and on all day.

My pack is feeling the pain of being pent up, and the just went off in the house. They know they are not supposed to play in the house, but what do you do when you can't go out to play for the entire day? So all hell broke loose.

If you have never seen or heard Huskies play, trust me, it is not for the faint of heart. When I take them to the doggie park, and people ask if their dogs can play with mine. I always ask them if they have seen Huskies play before. If they have, I know right away, because they always say something that relates to a near death experience. If they say they have not seen Huskies play. I tell them to take a seat, and watch the horror begin.

People always asks, "How do you know they are not killing each other?" I tell them trust me, if they were really fighting, there would be blood.

I have never had a problem with the lot I have now, but I had a serious battle royale going on with my girls, when they were claiming their status. I still have night terrors about it.

And these guys are mild in their play.

• minusculebeercheers 

Found this video. My cats are mesmerized by this thing.

Will try a few others, if they ever lose interest. So far, it is like they are hypnotized by this simple video.

• minusculebeercheers 

My sun loving Diva.

Tamar loves sun bathing. She will stay out in the sun longer than I am comfortable with. I have to make her come in. Her fur is even hot to the touch. Maybe my Tamar too is a little bit touched.

[Image: IMG-20220918-131200454.jpg]

• minusculebeercheers 

Luke loves his toys. I normally take him with me whenever I go out. If he gets stuck at home, I usually buy him a toy to make up for it.  We've learned to hide it from him and laugh and laugh as he chases all over the house trying to find it.  We'll walk through every room making noises so he can't narrow down the search area.

When he finds it, he checks it for the squeaker (some of 'em rattle), he'll maw it a little and show it to mommy and daddy spinning circles.  All the while he's making these high-pitched squealy sounds.  Easily twenty minutes worth of entertainment until he settles.

He does cast some of these aside, but he knows all of 'em and sometimes has me empty his toy box out one-by-one until we get to the one he wants to worry.  We made a BIG mistake reducing his stash of friends when he was about a year old.  He watches me like a hawk if I have one of the big trash bags back in 'our' room.

Here he is guarding me.  He's fleshed out at just under 50lbs.

[Image: Luke.jpg]
(09-18-2022, 06:34 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: My sun loving Diva.

Tamar loves sun bathing. She will stay out in the sun longer than I am comfortable with. I have to make her come in. Her fur is even hot to the touch. Maybe my Tamar too is a little bit touched.

[Image: IMG-20220918-131200454.jpg]

Tamar is beautiful. She looks like she was not quite ready to come inside.
(09-19-2022, 01:07 AM)Snarl Wrote: Luke loves his toys. I normally take him with me whenever I go out. If he gets stuck at home, I usually buy him a toy to make up for it.  We've learned to hide it from him and laugh and laugh as he chases all over the house trying to find it.  We'll walk through every room making noises so he can't narrow down the search area.

When he finds it, he checks it for the squeaker (some of 'em rattle), he'll maw it a little and show it to mommy and daddy spinning circles.  All the while he's making these high-pitched squealy sounds.  Easily twenty minutes worth of entertainment until he settles.

He does cast some of these aside, but he knows all of 'em and sometimes has me empty his toy box out one-by-one until we get to the one he wants to worry.  We made a BIG mistake reducing his stash of friends when he was about a year old.  He watches me like a hawk if I have one of the big trash bags back in 'our' room.

Luke is adorable!  tinyinbiglove

Mine are always pulling toys out of their toy box. They string them out all over the house and sometimes I think they aren’t happy until they get to the squeaker. Then they seem to get mad when I throw it in the trash.
(09-19-2022, 01:27 AM)VioletDove Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 01:07 AM)Snarl Wrote: Luke loves his toys. I normally take him with me whenever I go out. If he gets stuck at home, I usually buy him a toy to make up for it.  We've learned to hide it from him and laugh and laugh as he chases all over the house trying to find it.  We'll walk through every room making noises so he can't narrow down the search area.

Luke is adorable!  tinyinbiglove

Mine are always pulling toys out of their toy box. They string them out all over the house and sometimes I think they aren’t happy until they get to the squeaker. Then they seem to get mad when I throw it in the trash.

@Snarl and @Violet, I have Huskies. That means if it squeaks it is dead. And dead means skinning and gutting. Trying to find a toy that my Huskies will not destroy has proven futile.

I even offered to have my Huskies test the toys that companies, like "Bark Box", that advertise that their toys are tough. Because, there will be very few that will pass my Husky toy test. Of course I never heard back from any of them.

• minusculebeercheers