Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's News Guys, But Not As We Know it!
(06-03-2022, 09:02 AM)BIAD Wrote: Here's one for @"Bally002" , our Antipodean friend!

Quote:Mystery as human LEG is found on the side of highway and cops don’t know if victim is dead or alive

'Detectives have launched an investigation after part of a human leg was discovered on the side of a highway.
Cops are currently unsure whether the victim is alive or dead after a traveller made the grisly find on Tuesday morning.

Authorities swiftly closed Stuart Highway between Howard Springs lights and Virginia Road in Coolalinga, Australia as urgent
forensic investigations were carried out. In a statement, detective Senior Sergeant Paul Morrissey said: “We've had a forensic
pathologist attend on-site who has confirmed the remains are a lower leg of a dark skinned human being.”

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11493]
Where the leg managed to get to.

According to reports, police have not found any other body parts in the area, despite extensive search efforts of the major Northern
Territory highway. Det Morrissey said the person was likely to have suffered a serious injury...'

Wow! That's true detective work!
tinyhuh

Quote:“We believe it's within the last 24 hours,” he said. “There have been no reports to hospitals or clinics with an injury of this severity.”
Major crash investigators, crime scene investigators and crime division detectives were called to the scene as officers scoured the
area for clues. Reports suggest teams concentrated their search on the intersection that separates the four-lane highway.

Since the discovery, police have now requested motorists with dash cam footage recorded on the section of highway between Monday
afternoon and Tuesday morning to come forward. Detective Morrisey said: “We are asking for witnesses or anyone who may have been
driving in the area to contact police on 131 444 and quote reference 10020603.”...'
The Sun:

Used to work there  Move along, nothing to see here

A young man and his mother have been arrested,  It's alleged they hit the person  Removed the body and dumped it some kilometers away.   Leaving the leg, my goodness.

Anyway, the young man is known to me, true love and the young ones and this doesn't surprise me in the least.

The driver and his mother been charged. Me shrugs shoulders.  As things progress through the courts, I'll update this and explain the relationship we had with the driver of the car  It's enlightening.

My regards,

Bally tinybiggrin

Edit to add that Coolalinga is jokingly referred to as "smellmefinger". Don't have fond memories of the place.
(06-03-2022, 09:58 AM)Bally002 Wrote: The driver and his mother been charged. Me shrugs shoulders.  As things progress through the courts, I'll update this and explain the relationship we had with the driver of the car  It's enlightening.

My regards,

Bally tinybiggrin

minusculethumbsup

Quote:Edit to add that Coolalinga is jokingly referred to as  "smellmefinger".  Don't have fond memories of the place.

tinywhat tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Would you like to play a game?
tinyhuh

Quote:Google suspends engineer who claims its AI is sentient

It claims Blake Lemoine breached its confidentiality policies

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11534]

'Google has placed one of its engineers on paid administrative leave for allegedly breaking its confidentiality policies after he grew concerned
that an AI chatbot system had achieved sentience, the Washington Post reports. The engineer, Blake Lemoine, works for Google’s Responsible
AI organization, and was testing whether its LaMDA model generates discriminatory language or hate speech.

The engineer’s concerns reportedly grew out of convincing responses he saw the AI system generating about its rights and the ethics of robotics.
In April he shared a document with executives titled “Is LaMDA Sentient?” containing a transcript of his conversations with the AI (after being placed
on leave, Lemoine published the transcript via his Medium account), which he says shows it arguing “that it is sentient because it has feelings,
emotions and subjective experience.”

“IS LAMDA SENTIENT?”
Google believes Lemoine’s actions relating to his work on LaMDA have violated its confidentiality policies, The Washington Post and The Guardian
report. He reportedly invited a lawyer to represent the AI system and spoke to a representative from the House Judiciary committee about claimed
unethical activities at Google.

In a June 6th Medium post, the day Lemoine was placed on administrative leave, the engineer said he sought “a minimal amount of outside consultation
to help guide me in my investigations” and that the list of people he had held discussions with included US government employees.

The search giant announced LaMDA publicly at Google I/O last year, which it hopes will improve its conversational AI assistants and make for more
natural conversations. The company already uses similar language model technology for Gmail’s Smart Compose feature, or for search engine queries.

In a statement given to WaPo, a spokesperson from Google said that there is “no evidence” that LaMDA is sentient. “Our team — including ethicists
and technologists — has reviewed Blake’s concerns per our AI Principles and have informed him that the evidence does not support his claims. He was
told that there was no evidence that LaMDA was sentient (and lots of evidence against it),” said spokesperson Brian Gabriel.

“Of course, some in the broader AI community are considering the long-term possibility of sentient or general AI, but it doesn’t make sense to do so
by anthropomorphizing today’s conversational models, which are not sentient,” Gabriel said. “These systems imitate the types of exchanges found in
millions of sentences, and can riff on any fantastical topic.”

“Hundreds of researchers and engineers have conversed with LaMDA and we are not aware of anyone else making the wide-ranging assertions, or
anthropomorphizing LaMDA, the way Blake has,” Gabriel said.

A linguistics professor interviewed by WaPo agreed that it’s incorrect to equate convincing written responses with sentience. “We now have machines
that can mindlessly generate words, but we haven’t learned how to stop imagining a mind behind them,” said University of Washington professor Emily
M. Bender.

Timnit Gebru, a prominent AI ethicist Google fired in 2020 (though the search giant claims she resigned), said the discussion over AI sentience risks
“derailing” more important ethical conversations surrounding the use of artificial intelligence. “Instead of discussing the harms of these companies,
the sexism, racism, AI colonialism, centralization of power, white man’s burden (building the good “AGI” [artificial general intelligence] to save us while
what they do is exploit), spent the whole weekend discussing sentience,” she tweeted. “Derailing mission accomplished.”

In spite of his concerns, Lemoine said he intends to continue working on AI in the future. “My intention is to stay in AI whether Google keeps me on
or not,” he wrote in a tweet.
The Verve:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Muslims in India
They say the world is getting worse... they say we've lost our way. Really?
tinyshocked

Quote:OH BABY! I gave birth to my rag doll husband’s baby – I gained weight and there were contractions

'The moment Meirivone Rocha Moraes laid eyes on Marcelo, she knew he was The One.
But this isn't a traditional love story where couples catch other's eyes in a crowded bar or are introduced through mutual friends.

Rather, Marcelo is the rag doll Meirivone's mum made after the 37-year-old moaned about being about single last year.
Speaking to NeedtoKnow, Meirivone, from Brazil, explained: "When my mum made Marcelo and first introduced me to him, I fell in
love with him. "It was because I didn’t have a forró dancer. I would go to these dances but wouldn’t always find a partner. "Then he
entered into my life, and it all made sense."

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11553]
Marcelo & Meirivone tying the knot.                                          Meirivone with their new edition.

A few months into their relationship, Meirivone says she fell "pregnant". "Marcelo got me pregnant," she said. "He didn’t take care
of himself, and he didn’t use a condom." And because she didn't want to have a baby out of wedlock, the mum-to-be decided that
they should get married.

Describing the "wonderful and emotional" day to Jam Press, Meirivone said they had 250 guests there to celebrate with them.
Afterwards, the happy couple enjoyed a week-long honeymoon in Rio de Janeiro before welcoming their first child.

On 21 May, Meirivone "gave birth" at home and claimed she had two nurses on stand-by to see her through the contractions.
Although she gained weight during her "pregnancy", the mum continued: "Seeing the placenta and the umbilical cord and the blood
made it all real. "He was here in 35 minutes, and he is great."

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11554]
Meirivone and her family, but she wishes people would just stop ragging on them.

But like any relationship, the new mum says her life with Marcelo isn't exactly perfect. She added: "He has so many great qualities,
but the only downside is he’s lazy. He doesn’t work at all." What's more, the mum hates when people criticise her unusual family set-up.

The mum continued: "It really upsets me when people say this is fake. It makes me so angry. I am a woman of character. "My father,
my mother taught me to be honest, to be a good person and not want to take advantage of anything.

“Married life with him is wonderful. He doesn’t fight with me, he doesn’t argue and he just understands me. "Marcelo is a great and
faithful husband. He is such a man and all women envy him."...'
The Sun:

(06-22-2022, 08:44 AM)BIAD Wrote: They say the world is getting worse... they say we've lost our way. Really?
tinyshocked

Quote:OH BABY! I gave birth to my rag doll husband’s baby – I gained weight and there were contractions

'The moment Meirivone Rocha Moraes laid eyes on Marcelo, she knew he was The One.
But this isn't a traditional love story where couples catch other's eyes in a crowded bar or are introduced through mutual friends.

Rather, Marcelo is the rag doll Meirivone's mum made after the 37-year-old moaned about being about single last year.
Speaking to NeedtoKnow, Meirivone, from Brazil, explained: "When my mum made Marcelo and first introduced me to him, I fell in
love with him. "It was because I didn’t have a forró dancer. I would go to these dances but wouldn’t always find a partner. "Then he
entered into my life, and it all made sense."

A few months into their relationship, Meirivone says she fell "pregnant". "Marcelo got me pregnant," she said. "He didn’t take care
of himself, and he didn’t use a condom." And because she didn't want to have a baby out of wedlock, the mum-to-be decided that
they should get married.

Describing the "wonderful and emotional" day to Jam Press, Meirivone said they had 250 guests there to celebrate with them.
Afterwards, the happy couple enjoyed a week-long honeymoon in Rio de Janeiro before welcoming their first child.

On 21 May, Meirivone "gave birth" at home and claimed she had two nurses on stand-by to see her through the contractions.
Although she gained weight during her "pregnancy", the mum continued: "Seeing the placenta and the umbilical cord and the blood
made it all real. "He was here in 35 minutes, and he is great."

But like any relationship, the new mum says her life with Marcelo isn't exactly perfect. She added: "He has so many great qualities,
but the only downside is he’s lazy. He doesn’t work at all." What's more, the mum hates when people criticise her unusual family set-up.

The mum continued: "It really upsets me when people say this is fake. It makes me so angry. I am a woman of character. "My father,
my mother taught me to be honest, to be a good person and not want to take advantage of anything.

“Married life with him is wonderful. He doesn’t fight with me, he doesn’t argue and he just understands me. "Marcelo is a great and
faithful husband. He is such a man and all women envy him."...'
The Sun:
what does it all mean  tinywhat
(06-22-2022, 08:47 AM)Brotherman Wrote: what does it all mean  tinywhat

It means 'El-Cheapo-Transhumanism'!!
tinybiggrin
(06-22-2022, 08:51 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(06-22-2022, 08:47 AM)Brotherman Wrote: what does it all mean  tinywhat

It means 'El-Cheapo-Transhumanism'!!
tinybiggrin
does not compute.... error...error...error
(02-11-2020, 10:27 AM)BIAD Wrote: Now look... I don't want you panicking over this, just remain calm and let the Police look after your feelz.

This sort of thing happens from time-to-time and we just have to trust the media and get through it together.
We can do this, just breath steadily and know that other terrifying things happen around the world that are
sometimes... just sometimes, worse.

I suppose we can only give thanks to the poor victim of this incident that she had the wherewithal to obtain
a picture of the culprit and discuss her terrible ordeal with multiple media outlets.
That's the same news companies that ask the important questions below, the same on-the-ground-reporters
who know that up-to-date information is paramount.

Forget about the coronavirus virus and the Iowa debacle, this recycled tale is far more important.
tinyhuh

Quote:Hunt goes on for latex-clad gimp that terrorised villagers - what we know so far.

The gimp has apparently laid low since his last sighting in July last year.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7142]
What kind of monster would behave this way?

'The identity of a latex-clad gimp who sparked fear among residents it terrorised in a quiet Somerset village
remains unknown. There were a number of reports of a person dressed head-to-toe in rubber approaching a
number of people at night over the course of several months.

The last reported incident was in July 2019, when a person in a black latex bodysuit and mask touching his groin
reportedly approached a young woman on the streets.

Abi Conroy, 23, claimed she was confronted by the man wearing fetish gear - who she said was 'grunting and
breathing heavily', reports Somerset Live.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7143]
A map showing where the horrific incidents occurred and Abi Conroy and her wife, Pip, 22, who now feel
paranoid about going out at night. Just two average lesbians with average lives.

How many incidents have been reported and what has happened?
Police  revealed there were 14 incidents reported where people were approached by a man in disguises since
November 2018 - one of which was a black bodysuit. Abi Conroy's wife Pip told the Daily Mail that the issue
had been ongoing for years.
When Pip reported the incident to police, an officer referred to the suspect as 'Gimp Man'.

Pip said: "He said it's been an ongoing issue for the past four years and that it's normally animals involved, or he'd
let himself into people's gardens and has been seen humping their grass or breathing on their window sills, strange
things like that."

How did people react?
Residents of the village spoke out about being scared to walk home alone with the gimp on the loose, and various
stories emerged about freakish encounters.
Speaking to the BBC, Abi said: "He kept coming towards me and was touching his groin, grunting and breathing heavy.

"As I tried to take a step back he was right in front of my face and he put his leg forward.
"I was just trying to assess the situation in my head quickly. "Everything was running through my head.
"I thought: 'This is it, I'm going to get attacked'. "Every time I close my eyes I just see that face."

Bristol Live described the victim as "panicked" by her ordeal, which took place in a dark lane.
"It's not just a man jumping out at me going boo," she said, "every time I close my eyes I just see that face."

MMA enthusiast claimed to beat up gimp
Other residents appeared less fearful, with one MMA enthusiast  claiming to have beaten up a man believed to be the
same culprit. Cameron Graham said he 'kicked him in the face' when he spotted the man lying on the floor of a car park
on his way home from the pub.

He said: “I was just walking along and there was this bloke lying on the ground in a car park next to a field.
“He was wearing a full gimp suit - latex and everything. “He tried to get up but I was having none of it.
“I kicked him in the face and then to the stomach and got off."
Cameron said he told several people about the incident, but was repeatedly met with disbelief.

Has anybody been arrested?
Avon and Somerset Police have investigated reports and following the most recent sighting in July, a search was launched
involving helicopters and sniffer dogs. This led to the arrest of two men on suspicion of indecency offences - both of whom
were subsequently released without charge.

A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Police said in November: “Detectives carried out a thorough investigation into a series
of incidents in which a man wearing disguises approached people in the Claverham/Yatton area.
“Two men, aged 28 and 34, were arrested on suspicion of indecency offences but due to insufficient evidence were later
released with no further action taken against them.

“Thankfully, we’ve not received any more reports of similar incidents since the most recent report of a man wearing a black
body suit approaching a woman on July 11.".

What is the current situation?
Police have confirmed they have not yet identified the offender.
No further arrests have been made since two men were released without charge in November last year.
While no similar incidents have been reported since last summer, Claverham residents are likely to feel safer on the streets
when they know the 'Gimp Man' is no longer on the loose...'
Cornwall.Live:

I bet he's white, evil people are always white.

But you can never have enough helicopters , sniffer dogs and different news outlets to report to when this sort of thing goes on.
This isn't fake news made up from a collection of items and is really to display the LGBTQ+ community as victimised normal folk...
no don't think that.
Let's just hope the hunt is successful and can be reported everywhere.
tinybiggrin

Well he's back and just in time for the silly season, although it seems 2022 is an entirely different outlay of these strange types of stories.
Luckily, no strong and brave lesbians were traumatised this time and the narrative of the encounter has changed back to women being
vulnerable unless they are with men. Phew... it's like a reset or something.
tinybiggrin

Quote:RETURN OF THE GIMP Masked weirdo in latex bodysuit returns to terrorise a quiet village

'A masked weirdo clad in a black latex bodysuit has returned to terrorise a quiet village, say police. The pervert -dubbed “Gimp Man” -walked
up to Kiera Elston, 19, and her boyfriend as they walked home at 1am. It was the 16th sighting of the sinister mystery man since 2018 in and
near Yatton in Somerset.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11575]
Let's hope he's washed it since last year.

Teaching assistant Kiera, who fled home with her boyfriend, said: “It was the most terrifying experience of my life. “I’ve got the image in my head
of him walking towards me and staring.“I dread to think what would have happened if I’d been on my own. "I’m still really shaken up by it."
One woman managed to take a snap of the gimp in 2019.

Two men were arrested that year on suspicion of indecency but no one was charged. Police said a search turned up nothing after Sunday’s latest
sighting...'
The Sun:

(06-28-2022, 08:51 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 10:27 AM)BIAD Wrote: Now look... I don't want you panicking over this, just remain calm and let the Police look after your feelz.

This sort of thing happens from time-to-time and we just have to trust the media and get through it together.
We can do this, just breath steadily and know that other terrifying things happen around the world that are
sometimes... just sometimes, worse.

I suppose we can only give thanks to the poor victim of this incident that she had the wherewithal to obtain
a picture of the culprit and discuss her terrible ordeal with multiple media outlets.
That's the same news companies that ask the important questions below, the same on-the-ground-reporters
who know that up-to-date information is paramount.

Forget about the coronavirus virus and the Iowa debacle, this recycled tale is far more important.
tinyhuh

Quote:Hunt goes on for latex-clad gimp that terrorised villagers - what we know so far.

'The identity of a latex-clad gimp who sparked fear among residents it terrorised in a quiet Somerset village
remains unknown. There were a number of reports of a person dressed head-to-toe in rubber approaching a

The last reported incident was in July 2019, when a person in a black latex bodysuit and mask touching his groin

Abi Conroy, 23, claimed she was confronted by the man wearing fetish gear - who she said was 'grunting and

A map showing where the horrific incidents occurred and Abi Conroy and her wife, Pip, 22, who now feel
paranoid about going out at night. Just two average lesbians with average lives.

Police  revealed there were 14 incidents reported where people were approached by a man in disguises since
November 2018 - one of which was a black bodysuit. Abi Conroy's wife Pip told the Daily Mail that the issue
When Pip reported the incident to police, an officer referred to the suspect as 'Gimp Man'.

Pip said: "He said it's been an ongoing issue for the past four years and that it's normally animals involved, or he'd
let himself into people's gardens and has been seen humping their grass or breathing on their window sills, strange
things like that."

How did people react?
Residents of the village spoke out about being scared to walk home alone with the gimp on the loose, and various
stories emerged about freakish encounters.
Speaking to the BBC, Abi said: "He kept coming towards me and was touching his groin, grunting and breathing heavy.

"As I tried to take a step back he was right in front of my face and he put his leg forward.
"I was just trying to assess the situation in my head quickly. "Everything was running through my head.
"I thought: 'This is it, I'm going to get attacked'. "Every time I close my eyes I just see that face."

Bristol Live described the victim as "panicked" by her ordeal, which took place in a dark lane.
"It's not just a man jumping out at me going boo," she said, "every time I close my eyes I just see that face."

MMA enthusiast claimed to beat up gimp
Other residents appeared less fearful, with one MMA enthusiast  claiming to have beaten up a man believed to be the
same culprit. Cameron Graham said he 'kicked him in the face' when he spotted the man lying on the floor of a car park
on his way home from the pub.

He said: “I was just walking along and there was this bloke lying on the ground in a car park next to a field.
“He was wearing a full gimp suit - latex and everything. “He tried to get up but I was having none of it.
“I kicked him in the face and then to the stomach and got off."
Cameron said he told several people about the incident, but was repeatedly met with disbelief.

Has anybody been arrested?
Avon and Somerset Police have investigated reports and following the most recent sighting in July, a search was launched
involving helicopters and sniffer dogs. This led to the arrest of two men on suspicion of indecency offences - both of whom
were subsequently released without charge.

A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Police said in November: “Detectives carried out a thorough investigation into a series
of incidents in which a man wearing disguises approached people in the Claverham/Yatton area.
“Two men, aged 28 and 34, were arrested on suspicion of indecency offences but due to insufficient evidence were later
released with no further action taken against them.

“Thankfully, we’ve not received any more reports of similar incidents since the most recent report of a man wearing a black
body suit approaching a woman on July 11.".

What is the current situation?
Police have confirmed they have not yet identified the offender.
No further arrests have been made since two men were released without charge in November last year.
While no similar incidents have been reported since last summer, Claverham residents are likely to feel safer on the streets
when they know the 'Gimp Man' is no longer on the loose...'
Cornwall.Live:

I bet he's white, evil people are always white.

But you can never have enough helicopters , sniffer dogs and different news outlets to report to when this sort of thing goes on.
This isn't fake news made up from a collection of items and is really to display the LGBTQ+ community as victimised normal folk...
no don't think that.
Let's just hope the hunt is successful and can be reported everywhere.
tinybiggrin

Well he's back and just in time for the silly season, although it seems 2022 is an entirely different outlay of these strange types of stories.
Luckily, no strong and brave lesbians were traumatised this time and the narrative of the encounter has changed back to women being
vulnerable unless they are with men. Phew... it's like a reset or something.
tinybiggrin

Quote:RETURN OF THE GIMP Masked weirdo in latex bodysuit returns to terrorise a quiet village

'A masked weirdo clad in a black latex bodysuit has returned to terrorise a quiet village, say police. The pervert -dubbed “Gimp Man” -walked
up to Kiera Elston, 19, and her boyfriend as they walked home at 1am. It was the 16th sighting of the sinister mystery man since 2018 in and
near Yatton in Somerset.

Teaching assistant Kiera, who fled home with her boyfriend, said: “It was the most terrifying experience of my life. “I’ve got the image in my head
of him walking towards me and staring.“I dread to think what would have happened if I’d been on my own. "I’m still really shaken up by it."
One woman managed to take a snap of the gimp in 2019.

Two men were arrested that year on suspicion of indecency but no one was charged. Police said a search turned up nothing after Sunday’s latest
sighting...'
The Sun:

This reminds me of an incident that happened to me many years ago. 

Two of my youngest sisters were trying their hand at independence, and had decided to share an apartment.

I decided to surprise them with some groceries. After I arrived and was collecting the groceries from the trunk, a man walked up to me and said, "It is big isn't it?"

I wasn't sure what he was talking about, but I saw him looking down, so I looked down, and he was holding his exposed penis in his hands.

"I just looked him in the face and told him, without missing a beat, and very nonchalantly, "I've seen bigger."

He was chest fallen, he walked away, looking like I hurt his feelings.

I know I am a bit odd, and it does not help that I have anger management issues, that I am moderately good at controlling, but if that character ever walked up on me like that, they would have little trouble identifying him.

Even at my old age, he would know very quickly that he picked the wrong broad.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(06-28-2022, 12:53 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: This reminds me of an incident that happened to me many years ago. 
Two of my youngest sisters were trying their hand at independence, and had decided to share an apartment.
I decided to surprise them with some groceries. After I arrived and was collecting the groceries from the trunk,
a man walked up to me and said, "It is big isn't it?"

I wasn't sure what he was talking about, but I saw him looking down, so I looked down, and he was holding his
exposed penis in his hands.

"I just looked him in the face and told him, without missing a beat, and very nonchalantly, "I've seen bigger."
He was chest fallen, he walked away, looking like I hurt his feelings.

I know I am a bit odd, and it does not help that I have anger management issues, that I am moderately good at
controlling, but if that character ever walked up on me like that, they would have little trouble identifying him.

Even at my old age, he would know very quickly that he picked the wrong broad.

smallroflmao smallroflmao smallroflmao (holding it in his hand-S?!)
I am chest fallen and am now walking away.
tinybiggrin
(06-28-2022, 03:42 PM)BIAD Wrote: smallroflmao smallroflmao smallroflmao (holding it in his hand-S?!)
I am chest fallen and am now walking away.
tinybiggrin

Yeah. Too bad. Under different more appropriate circumstances, I truly would have been impressed.

But to be completely honest, I had seen bigger. And I was the one that walked away. 

With no regrets.
tinywondering

• minusculebeercheers 

(06-28-2022, 08:51 AM)BIAD Wrote:

near Yatton in Somerset.

The Sun:

It's a good thing he isn't plying his trade in London! Those machetes that all Londoners are famed world-wide for carrying on their persons could really wreak havoc on a mere latex bodysuit!

Probably wouldn't be very kind to the underlying flesh, either...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-28-2022, 08:23 PM)Ninurta Wrote: It's a good thing he isn't plying his trade in London! Those machetes that all Londoners are famed world-wide for carrying
on their persons could really wreak havoc on a mere latex bodysuit!

Probably wouldn't be very kind to the underlying flesh, either...

They burn them and occasionally throw acid on their victims now too, so the smell would be unusual as well.
tinysure
Here's a little 'perter' to show how far we've come in the movie business. If those in Hollywood deem their
art of entertainment must be based in a reality close to the one their audience exists in, is a 'love-making'
scene really integral to a fictional plot?

I mean, I know sex sells and is now part of the traditional make-up of news-delivery and the movie-making
industry for its titillating value, but how did script-writers, Producers, Directors and actors get around it in earlier
years?
tinywondering

Quote:Dame Emma Thompson defends intimacy co-coordinators after Sean Bean remarks

'Dame Emma Thompson has defended the use of intimacy co-ordinators on film and TV sets after Sean Bean
said they "spoil the spontaneity" of sex scenes. A string of actresses, also including West Side Story's Rachel
Zegler, have criticised Bean's comments.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11715]

The use of intimacy co-ordinators, who choreograph intimate scenes, has become widespread in recent years.
Speaking to Fitzy & Wippa on Australian radio station Nova, Dame Emma said they were "fantastically important".

She said many performers would agree. "You might find that people go, 'It made me feel comfortable, it made me
feel safe, it made me feel as though I was able to do this work.'" Specialist intimacy co-ordinators were "the most
fantastic" additions to sets, according to the English actress, who recently played a widow in search of sexual
fulfilment in the movie Good Luck To You, Leo Grande.

"And no, you can't just let it flow," she said. "There's a camera there and a crew. You're not on your own in a hotel
room, you're surrounded by a bunch of blokes, mostly. So it's not a comfortable situation full stop." Speaking to The
Times last week, Bean said he had reservations about the new way of working. "It would inhibit me more because
it's drawing attention to things. Somebody saying: 'Do this, put your hands there, while you touch his thing.'

"I think the natural way lovers behave would be ruined by someone bringing it right down to a technical exercise,"
added the 63-year-old Game of Thrones actor. He compared the modern methods with shooting the 1993 TV
adaptation of Lady Chatterley's Lover opposite Joely Richardson.

"Lady Chatterley was spontaneous," Bean said. "It was a joy. We had a good chemistry between us, and we knew
what we were doing was unusual. Because she was married, I was married.
"But we were following the story. We were trying to portray the truth of what DH Lawrence wrote."Responding to his
comments, Zegler said on Twitter that intimacy co-ordinators "establish an environment of safety for actors" and that
"spontaneity in intimate scenes can be unsafe".

She said the one who worked with her on Steven Spielberg's recent remake of West Side Story "showed grace to a
newcomer like myself [plus] educated those around me who've had years of experience". Jameela Jamil, star of The
Good Place, offered: "It should only be technical. It's like a stunt. Our job as actors is to make it not look technical.
Nobody wants an impromptu grope."

In the same interview, Bean said he had been sad to see a scene with Snowpiercer co-star Lena Hall, which he said
was "trying to push the boundaries", be "censored" after it was cut from the final edit, and that she "had a musical
cabaret background, so she was up for anything".

In response, Hall, who made it clear she had felt entirely at ease acting alongside Bean, said: "Just because I am in
theatre (not cabaret, but I do perform them every once in a while) does not mean that I am up for anything. "If I feel
comfortable with my scene partner and with others in the room then I won't need an intimacy co-ordinator.
But if there is any part of me that is feeling weird, gross, over exposed etc… I will either challenge the necessity of
the scene or I'll want an IC."

'Sometimes you need them, sometimes you don't'
She went on to say intimacy co-ordinators were "a welcome addition to the set and [I] think they could also help with
the trauma experienced in other scenes". "Sometimes you need [them], sometimes you don't, but every single person
and scene and experience is different."

The Bectu entertainment union also issued a statement saying it found Bean's comments about intimacy co-ordinators
"disappointing" from "such a screen favourite and established actor".

Bectu head Philippa Childs said: "Intimacy co-ordination provides vital support for artists during the preparation, rehearsal
and shooting of intimate action and its increasing use is a welcome move to further establish an environment of safety
for actors on set.

"These comments display a disservice to intimacy co-ordinators and to the knowledge and contributions of the trained,
skilled professionals our members who carry out this work are."...'
BBC:

Emma Thompson, the bikini-clad girl who once stood inside a dustbin and advertised Rupert Murdoch's 'The Sun' newspaper.
tinysure

(08-11-2022, 12:44 PM)BIAD Wrote: Here's a little 'perter' to show how far we've come in the movie business. If those in Hollywood deem their
art of entertainment must be based in a reality close to the one their audience exists in, is a 'love-making'
scene really integral to a fictional plot?

I mean, I know sex sells and is now part of the traditional make-up of news-delivery and the movie-making
industry for its titillating value, but how did script-writers, Producers, Directors and actors get around it in earlier
years?
tinywondering

Most movies have to throw in the titillating sex scene, and I have no idea why they think it is necessary, outside of just fulfilling the immoral agenda.

Sex is a part of what is considered "normal" life, but it is not something the average person is engaged in daily, and in the movies,love usually has nothing to do with it.

They not only make sex in the movies a "second hand emotion", it is purely a response to what they make appear as an overwhelming, uncontrolling desire or passion.

It is usually as phony and as unreal as the movie itself. Just fiction and fantasy. Most movies would be tell a much better story without it.

• minusculebeercheers 

(08-11-2022, 01:22 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Most movies have to throw in the titillating sex scene, and I have no idea why they think it is necessary, outside of just fulfilling the immoral agenda.

Sex is a part of what is considered "normal" life, but it is not something the average person is engaged in daily, and  in the movies, love usually has
nothing to do with it.

They not only make sex in the movies a "second hand emotion", it is purely a response to what they make appear as an overwhelming, uncontrolling
desire or passion.

It is usually as phony and as unreal as the movie itself. Just fiction and fantasy. Most movies would be tell a much better story without it.

Yep, I've only noticed it due to watching one of the few channels that I get on my antiquated television-set called 'Talking Pictures TV'.
They show old black & white films from the late fifties up through the seventies and up to recently-made films. In the older ones, sex
isn't approached and the movie relies on a decent theme to keep the audience's attention.

And it works too, films made before I was born have great plot lines and require no need for special effects. Intrigue seems to be the
lubricant through straightforward discourse and actions that keeps a viewer from straying.
(I even watched 'Quatermass 2' again, last night!)
tinybiggrin
I'm always a fan of the true reality that the media constantly attempt to lure us from and so, when those pesky
chisel-merchants of Italy dreamt up a new way of telling those who come after them that art is what someone
else says it is, BIAD and me are there to offer a small applause.

Quote:ROCK & A HARD PLACE Huge 18-inch penis sculpture found by stunned archaeologists on dig at Roman villa

'It was a case of Diggus Dickus when archaeologists found a huge willy sculpture on a dig at a Roman ruin.
The 18-inch ancient phallus was carved into the wall of a villa and would have been in full view for visitors to admire.

Experts say todgers were considered to be symbols of good luck and fertility and were often found in homes and
military bases during the days of the Roman Empire. But this monster is one of the biggest unearthed to date,
historians  say. It was discovered on an excavation site at El Higueron Ruins in the southern Spanish province of
Cordoba.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11764]
Sculpture (not known if cut to scale) and real-life Romans.

Graham Chapman famously played Roman officer Biggus Dickus in Monty Python’s 1979 film Life of Brian with
his name raising more than a few laughs. Dig director Andres Roldan said: “It was common to put them on the
facades of homes and soldiers carried small phallic amulets as symbols of virility, but this one is unusually large.”

In the Gladiator movie, Maximus famously said: “What we do in life echoes in eternity.”
A giant stone pecker would certainly be something to Crowe about, Russell...'
The Sun:

They were stunned... stunned I say.
tinylaughing

(08-26-2022, 10:34 AM)BIAD Wrote: I'm always a fan of the true reality that the media constantly attempt to lure us from and so, when those pesky
chisel-merchants of Italy dreamt up a new way of telling those who come after them that art is what someone
else says it is, BIAD and me are there to offer a small applause.

Quote:ROCK & A HARD PLACE Huge 18-inch penis sculpture found by stunned archaeologists on dig at Roman villa

'It was a case of Diggus Dickus when archaeologists found a huge willy sculpture on a dig at a Roman ruin.
The 18-inch ancient phallus was carved into the wall of a villa and would have been in full view for visitors to admire.

Experts say todgers were considered to be symbols of good luck and fertility and were often found in homes and
military bases during the days of the Roman Empire. But this monster is one of the biggest unearthed to date,
historians  say. It was discovered on an excavation site at El Higueron Ruins in the southern Spanish province of
Cordoba.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11764]
Sculpture (not known if cut to scale) and real-life Romans.

Graham Chapman famously played Roman officer Biggus Dickus in Monty Python’s 1979 film Life of Brian with
his name raising more than a few laughs. Dig director Andres Roldan said: “It was common to put them on the
facades of homes and soldiers carried small phallic amulets as symbols of virility, but this one is unusually large.”

In the Gladiator movie, Maximus famously said: “What we do in life echoes in eternity.”
A giant stone pecker would certainly be something to Crowe about, Russell...'
The Sun:

They were stunned... stunned I say.
tinylaughing

"Diggus Dickus" tinylaughing tinylaughing tinybighuh

"Good judgment comes from experience...
Experience...? Well, that comes from poor judgment."
~ Dean Martin ~

(08-26-2022, 01:51 PM)Minstrel Wrote: "Diggus Dickus" tinylaughing tinylaughing tinybighuh

Staying in a similar vein...

Quote:Barrister denies raping Tinder date because 'he's had anal sex with four other women
without warning who haven't complained'

Robin Jacobs is accused of having anal sex with a woman without her consent

'A barrister accused of raping a woman stated that he had engaged in anal sex with “at least four” other women
before giving any verbal warning without receiving any complaints. Robin Jacobs, 39, allegedly had anal sex with
a woman without her consent in September 2017 after meeting her on the dating app Tinder.

Taking to the witness stand at the Old Bailey today (Wednesday, August 24), Jacobs said that he thought the woman
was “probably up for anal sex” but was immediately aware that there was a problem after she screamed, “Get off”.
Jurors heard that the two were on their third date when the alleged incident occurred.

They had met for pizza and wine at a restaurant in South Woodford on September 17, before returning to Jacobs’ house
where they engaged in consensual vaginal sex. Jacobs, who was called to the Bar in 2006, is then accused of telling her
to “wait a minute” before forcing himself on to her at which she screamed and he stopped.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11774]
Barrister Robin Jacobs leaving court from the rear.

Taking to the witness stand, Jacobs said that “knew immediately there was a problem” after the woman shouted, “Get off”
and locked herself in the bathroom “for what felt like an eternity”. After she exited the toilet, he asked her, “are you going
to report me?”, and told jurors that he was concerned about the Bar Standards Board.

He disputed her claim that she had screamed the phrase three times and denied that the alleged assault lasted 20 to 30
seconds. He said: “I thought that she probably would be up for anal sex but if she wasn’t, there’d be ample opportunity for
her to be able to tell me that she wasn’t and then obviously I would stop.”
He also argued that he had given her warning by telling her to, "Hold steady"...'

tinysurprised

Quote:'As well as this particular date, jurors heard how they also met up for a cup of tea and had engaged in “sexually suggestive”
messages in where they had discussed their fantasy of a threesome.

He continued: “One of the themes in her account is that I’m the person who just initiates something and she’s stood there
in silence the whole time like some innocent bystander. That couldn’t be further from the truth. "There is no similarity with
the girl on the screen to the girl I was dating. She was completely different, she was forward, she was bawdy, she was
flirtatious from the get go, it isn’t a case of me initiating everything.”

When asked by prosecutor Fiona Ray how often he had engaged in anal sex with other women without giving "any verbal
warning", he said that "at least four came to mind" and that he had not faced previous issues. Meanwhile, the woman told
police officers: "[There was] no discussion, absolutely no warning, there was no touching, foreplay, warning.
There was nothing.”

She was examined at a specialist sexual assault clinic and was found to have a fresh laceration. Jurors also heard that in
the aftermath of the incident, Jacobs had told himself twice, “It’s not funny, I shouldn’t laugh” before laughing. After realising 
she was upset, he told the woman to “come for a cuddle” and offered her a paracetamol...'

tinyhuh

Quote:'A series of text messages between Jacobs and his friend Stewart Wallis were also read in court, with the defendant writing: 
“My date has just f***ed off because I tried to stick my c**k her arse, what’s the world come to?”

He later texted: “I just hope there’s no trouble as a result. I apologised repeatedly when she was here. All this fuss over a
fat girl’s a**e. Jesus.”...'

tinywhat

Quote:When questioned in interview about the messages, Jacobs said he was confused about what had happened and was only
trying to "fit in" with his behaviour. He also claimed that he believed anal sex would be a "natural progression" given their
earlier sexual intercourse.

Jacobs, of Woodford, has denied one count of rape. The trial continues...'
MyLondon: