Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Child Support
Just had the biggest scare of my life ! 

Got a letter from the child support office saying I owed money. 

Now, I paid all my child support and it ended Sept. 30 2020. My kids are 20 and 23 years old now.

I called them and they told me I owed $51,000. I about had a heart attack !

Finally got an email from them and was told to disregard the letter , that it was a communication error. 

Talk about a roller coaster ride !

minusculebeercheers minusculebeercheers minusculebeercheers
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(06-13-2022, 08:38 PM)kdog Wrote: Just had the biggest scare of my life ! 

Now, I paid all my child support and it ended Sept. 30 2020. My kids are 20 and 23 years old now.

Finally got an email from them and was told to disregard the letter , that it was a communication error. 

If you still feel any guilt, please send the cheque to: Boy In A Dress c/o The Shed, Rear Garden.
tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Lucky for you.
Most of the time I hear they come after the Father and never admit they made a mistake.
Never hear of them ever going after the Mother when she owes.
My husband ex-wife from over 40 years ago was ordered to pay child support and never paid a penny as a matter of-fact, her and her boyfriend at the time kidnap his Son from the daycare center in 1981 and my husband never say or heard from his son again.
No law enforcement agency will help a Father only the Mother. He was forbidden by his agency to use any of their resources to locate them.
Mothers are Protected and Fathers are throw aside and ignored, Fathers are only seen or recognized as a source of Support. 

You Are Lucky.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-13-2022, 09:04 PM)guohua Wrote:

Lucky for you.
Most of the time I hear they come after the Father and never admit they made a mistake.
Never hear of them ever going after the Mother when she owes.
My husband ex-wife from over 40 years ago was ordered to pay child support and never paid a penny as a matter of-fact, her and her boyfriend at the time kidnap his Son from the daycare center in 1981 and my husband never say or heard from his son again.
No law enforcement agency will help a Father only the Mother. He was forbidden by his agency to use any of their resources to locate them.
Mothers are Protected and Fathers are throw aside and ignored, Fathers are only seen or recognized as a source of Support. 

You Are Lucky.

Yes, I am lucky. I wasn't even going through the child support agency, it was paid directly to her per a court ordered agreement. 

I know how those Nazi's work and send men get sent to jail over it, even though they had paid. I was getting ready to dig through all my documents and emails , then contact my lawyer. 

I was reliving a nightmare all over again and was planning for what happen if I went to jail. 

The whole system is geared towards the women and screws over the men.
(06-13-2022, 09:03 PM)BIAD Wrote:

If you still feel any guilt, please send the cheque to: Boy In A Dress c/o The Shed, Rear Garden.
tinybiggrin

LOL ! Believe me, I felt no guilt and the best I can do is send you $1.
(06-13-2022, 09:16 PM)kdog Wrote:

tinybiggrin

I paid child support for 18 years for 2 children calculated at 27 percent of my gross income, more  I earned, more I paid including o/time, shifts etc  Lost contact with the the children for a long time  Just catching up now, their surname was changed and all during that period  

Current wife and I had our own 4 children over that time and I declared their respective births to the child support people

Funny thing was, for the 4th and last birth of our children I dutifully let them know, had to supply proof, and the reply over the telephone was, "Well, this child is only worth about $10 off your payments" (Cunny Funt that operator was, me thought)

There was no recourse in any reply I'd make other than a visit by agents if I impolitely replied so I kept my mouth shut

After my payments ceased (children old enough)  I got a refund check for one payment (over paid I had)  Guess I was lucky in that respect and had now gained contact with the other 2 who visit in frequently from interstate  

Questions were asked of me and the wife and we told them the truth

They have a different perspective now

Kind regards

Bally :)

PS - I have no 'full stop' operating on my keyboard so I can only end sentences in paragraphs now unless I put the word 'stop' in :)
(06-13-2022, 09:56 PM)Bally002 Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 09:16 PM)kdog Wrote:

tinybiggrin

I paid child support for 18 years for 2 children calculated at 27 percent of my gross income, more  I earned, more I paid including o/time, shifts etc  Lost contact with the the children for a long time  Just catching up now, their surname was changed and all during that period  

Current wife and I had our own 4 children over that time and I declared their respective births to the child support people

Funny thing was, for the 4th and last birth of our children I dutifully let them know, had to supply proof, and the reply over the telephone was, "Well, this child is only worth about $10 off your payments" (Cunny Funt that operator was, me thought)

There was no recourse in any reply I'd make other than a visit by agents if I impolitely replied so I kept my mouth shut

After my payments ceased (children old enough)  I got a refund check for one payment (over paid I had)  Guess I was lucky in that respect and had now gained contact with the other 2 who visit in frequently from interstate  

Questions were asked of me and the wife and we told them the truth

They have a different perspective now

Kind regards

Bally :)

PS - I have no 'full stop' operating on my keyboard so I can only end sentences in paragraphs now unless I put the word 'stop' in :)

My ex tried to alienate me from my kids, but once they reached 18 and were able to get away from their mother, they came around and learned the truth. Now, my wife, their step mom is really close with my daughter. My son, on the other hand is still somewhat distant but still keeps in contact.
Geez! I really DID hit it lucky!

When my second wife and I separated, I was living in a trailer in the woods and living off of frozen burritos and ramen noodles. Every other penny I got I was giving to them for their support. The little missus allowed as how that just wasn't enough, and took me to court for child support.

The court figured out what I owed by the books, and as it turned out, it was less than 1/4 what I had been paying directly to her. the judge so ordered, and they took it directly out of my check and sent it to her themselves, so no bookkeeping headaches on my part - I just saved my check stubs showing how much I paid each pay period, in case the courthouse blew up or burned down or the records were otherwise lost.

So when we got out of the courtroom, the first thing she said was "But you can still keep giving me what you have been, right?" ROFLMFAO! I replied "Nope. You just took me to court over it, and the judge has spoken. I can't go against court orders!"

And that meant I suddenly had enough money to feed and entertain the kids when I had them.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-13-2022, 11:33 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Geez! I really DID hit it lucky!

When my second wife and I separated, I was living in a trailer in the woods and living off of frozen burritos and ramen noodles. Every other penny I got I was giving to them for their support. The little missus allowed as how that just wasn't enough, and took me to court for child support.

The court figured out what I owed by the books, and as it turned out, it was less than 1/4 what I had been paying directly to her. the judge so ordered, and they took it directly out of my check and sent it to her themselves, so no bookkeeping headaches on my part - I just saved my check stubs showing how much I paid each pay period, in case the courthouse blew up or burned down or the records were otherwise lost.

So when we got out of the courtroom, the first thing she said was "But you can still keep giving me what you have been, right?" ROFLMFAO! I replied "Nope. You just took me to court over it, and the judge has spoken. I can't go against court orders!"

And that meant I suddenly had enough money to feed and entertain the kids when I had them.

Yeah, there were a few years that half of my income was going to my kids, even though after my divorce, she was making more then me. 

In the later years, I told them how much I was paying and asked if they were getting any of that money.  Eventually, they did.