Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Once Upon A Time In Japan. 3 Old Shoguns And A Emperor Youngun!
Explanation: I once recall a story about a new young emperor who had a big problem and he ordered his three top shoguns to come and advise him on what to do eh ...

Now the story has an unsung hero ... and thats the songbird that the young emperor had inherited and its the core of the story and also the main star attraction ...

You see the bird wouldnt sing and that made the young emperor a sad panda ...

So he called upon his 3 old wise shoguns ... Nobanunga, Hydeioshi and finally Iyesu.

And the emperor explains that he needs this bird to sing for him as it is the best song bird in the whole of Japan and he hopes that they can understand that ...

Nobanunga says "Kill it and get another one, in fact get another one and kill it in front of that new bird. It will sing."

The young emperor is agasp at this comment and he shakes his head side to side saying "No, I need this bird to sing ... not the next best one, thank you!"

Hydeioshi says "Make it want to sing. Then it will sing."

The young emperor is exasperated by this comment and he replies "What do you think I have been trying to work out? Thank you!"

Finally Iyesu steps forwards and slaps the young emperor hard and says simply "Wait till morning sunrise you fool. It will sing!"

Personal Disclosure: And they all lived happily every after! LOL! Utter lies ... they all killed each other, except for Iyesu, who went on to create the Tokugawa Empire. But  the story and the songbird still stand the test of time eh?

minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
(05-22-2022, 01:11 PM)OmegaLogos Wrote: Finally Iyesu steps forwards and slaps the young emperor hard and says simply "Wait till morning sunrise you fool. It will sing!"

minusculebeercheers

That guy knew his birds.  The ones around here start singing quite a bit before sunrise though.

I had a great video of the loudest bird take-off around these parts.  I lost it somehow.  Will capture it again this coming deer season.