Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When You Want To Laugh....
When you want to laugh but it suddenly becomes the wrong kind of funny.

I think I take life too seriously, instead of laughing I found this revealing, almost sad.

Now this is meme material.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

It's not even remotely funny, if anything It's animal abuse, I hope it shat In her soup.
I am WonderCow....hear me moo!
(04-26-2022, 03:26 PM)WonderCow Wrote: It's not even remotely funny, if anything It's animal abuse, I hope it shat In her soup.

The saddest thing about it is that it shows a perfect picture of where we are as humans, right now. Right this moment.

Is so, so, many ways.

• minusculebeercheers 

(04-26-2022, 02:06 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: When you want to laugh but it suddenly becomes the wrong kind of funny.

I think I take life too seriously, instead of laughing I found this revealing, almost sad.

I'll eat crab and lobster that i don't have to cook, and that is far and in between. The thought of cooking them alive just seems wrong. I know somebody has to do it, but it won't be me. And the killing of other animals bugs me sometimes if I dwell on it, but God gave them for us to eat.  That's one of the reasons I gave up hunting in my early twenties, besides I didn't like getting up at the butt crack of dawn and tromping through the woods or sitting in a tree stand freezing my ass off. The only reason I went really was the partying after we packed it in for the day.

Oh and that shit ain't funny at all, if any thing she should show some decency and respect for the animal that is losing it's life to keep her belly full.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(04-26-2022, 02:06 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: When you want to laugh but it suddenly becomes the wrong kind of funny.

I don't know if I would have laughed, but living on the Oregon coast, we eat crab like 2nd graders eat paste!
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
This is the perfect picture of where we are today.

Sitting in boiling water, happily eating, enjoying what we think is our bounty. All the while ignoring that fact that our asses are in hot water and we will soon be cooked. Pure manna for those supplying the fire.

• minusculebeercheers 

(04-26-2022, 04:35 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: This is the perfect picture of where we are today.

Sitting in boiling water, happily eating, enjoying what we think is our bounty. All the while ignoring that fact that our asses are in hot water and we will soon be cooked. Pure manna for those supplying the fire.

That video is an allegory for current humanity.

Nice connection!
-Abraham Lincoln
IMHO They should be dispatched quickly with a sharp knife, (like lobsters). Not boiled alive for someone's apparent amusement.

...And so should the crabs.

tinyhuh
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(04-26-2022, 06:29 PM)gordi Wrote: IMHO They should be dispatched quickly with a sharp knife, (like lobsters). Not boiled alive for someone's apparent amusement.

tinyhuh
G

I was just going to ask, isn't there a way to kill them first, before cooking them?  That's why I don't each much crab or lobster, even though I love both.

Sorry night, don't think I could handle watching the video, after reading the descriptions.  Agree with the analogy though.

Congratulations. I had massive respect and admiration towards you, and with one single thread, you annihilate it ALL.

I could have used a fucking laugh, and what do i see? Animal torture.

Fuck humankind. Send the nukes.

middlefinger
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre

Jimmy crack corn and I don't care 

I will spare you the song I was going to share. But it was funny.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(04-26-2022, 03:26 PM)WonderCow Wrote: It's not even remotely funny, if anything It's animal abuse, I hope it shat In her soup.

So, have you ever been hunting, fishing, crabbing or shrimping ? Lived on a live animal farm and herd them up for processing? 

Do you eat any kind of meat?
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(04-26-2022, 11:34 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 06:29 PM)gordi Wrote: IMHO They should be dispatched quickly with a sharp knife, (like lobsters). Not boiled alive for someone's apparent amusement.

tinyhuh
G

I was just going to ask, isn't there a way to kill them first, before cooking them?  That's why I don't each much crab or lobster, even though I love both.

Sorry night, don't think I could handle watching the video, after reading the descriptions.  Agree with the analogy though.

Explanation: Yes there is ...

https://michelpoudrier.com/other/31804-h...crabs.html

https://www.mylivelobster.com/seafood-un...g-lobsters

https://www.thespruceeats.com/ways-to-ki...er-1808804

Quote:Killing Before Cooking
There are a few ways to kill a lobster. By doing it before cooking, you have the option to boil, bake, steam, or cook it in another way.
  • Freeze the lobster by placing it in the freezer for 30 to 60 minutes before putting it headfirst into a pot of boiling water.
  • A quicker option is to plunge a knife straight down into the carapace (part of exoskeleton on the lobster's back). Place the tip of a sharp chef's knife behind the lobster's eyes, right below where the claws meet the body and halfway to the first joint. Swiftly plunge the knife down through the head. The legs will continue to move a bit afterward but the lobster is in fact dead.
  • Many chefs prefer a combination of the two: After freezing for 30 minutes, plunge the knife into the lobster. Some chefs prefer just 15 minutes, which is enough to sedate the lobster without freezing the meat.
  • As an alternative to freezing, you can desensitize the lobster by placing it in a large pot in the sink. Begin filling it with cold tap water and gradually increase the water temperature until it is very hot. You can then use the knife to dispatch the lobster.

Personal Disclosure: It goes against my eating protocols to eat anything that doesnt have 2 or 4 legs [no insects/bugs either] so no crabs prawns lobsters oysters snails locusts etc.

I fully agree with the premise of the thread and I personally was offended by the video but I am glad it exists for that very reason.

May karma visit itself upon the camera person, the person eating the crab, and the cook.

RIP crab!

edited to clarify that I do eat some fish ... tuna/anchovy/sardines ..but not dolphins or octopi. I might eat a snake.
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
(04-27-2022, 05:26 AM)Finspiracy Wrote:

Congratulations. I had massive respect and admiration towards you, and with one single thread, you annihilate it ALL.

I could have used a fucking laugh, and what do i see? Animal torture.

Fuck humankind. Send the nukes.

middlefinger

Finn, I am sorry that my post crossed the line for you.

It shows that mankind still has hope, that so many found the video inhumane, and for some, offensive.

The majority of humans still have that soft spot for animals and children, and it is what keeps us holding on to our humanity.

Working in the field that I work in, is a constant reminder that there are evils man creates that go far beyond the offenses in the video.

It seems, my mind works a wee bit different than most. My first thought was of the "the frog in a pot of water" apologue.

Especially right now with so many things going on in our world that are being ignored, or accepted, that will without doubt, come to a detrimental end for all of humanity.

I shared because, to me it put a visual to the heart of our societal deterioration. 

As I said previously, I found the video sad, in many ways. I guess I placed it in the wrong forum. I apologize for that.

• minusculebeercheers 

(04-27-2022, 05:50 AM)kdog Wrote:

So, have you ever been hunting, fishing, crabbing or shrimping ? Lived on a live animal farm and herd them up for processing? 

Do you eat any kind of meat?

Hunting isn't a thing in the UK,  due to our firearms laws, and as far as I know, bowhunting and trapping are also illegal,
I also have a phobia of fish, so fishing is out for me.

I do eat meat (and fish) and in a survival situation I would be willing to kill something and eat it. I would however try to kill whatever it was as quickly and humanely as possible, and I certainly wouldn't cook it while it was still alive or post a video  of it for the lols,
I am WonderCow....hear me moo!
Ummm, folks?

That's how you cook crab.

You toss it into a boiling pot of water (salt water is a nice touch) add clams, veggies, when it's done cooking, you crack open the shell and eat the meat.

Lots of garlic butter, a nice wine and you've got yourself one heck of a meal.

tinybiggrin
-Abraham Lincoln
(04-27-2022, 04:25 PM)beez Wrote: Ummm, folks?

That's how you cook crab.

You toss it into a boiling pot of water (salt water is a nice touch) add clams, veggies, when it's done cooking, you crack open the shell and eat the meat.

Lots of garlic butter, a nice wine and you've got yourself one heck of a meal.

tinybiggrin

I think the problem with this video is that it is not really the way most people cook crabs.

As you said, most people toss them into a pot of boiling water and they die on immersion, much the way that people cook lobster.

Most people don't put in them in a pot of soup and wait for them to slowly die. At least no where I come from.

The whole reason for my post was because I made the instant connection with the boiling frog analogue, when I first saw it. I had never seen a crab sitting in stew, happily eating his corn, not aware that he was being prepared for dinner.

I saw us, in the same situation. We go about our everyday lives. Most happy and content, not aware of what is happening behind the scenes in the kitchen, as they prepare us as a meal for their enjoyment.

I think I placed this in the wrong forum, and I did not make the meaning of my post clear. So it went South fairly quickly.

I apologize to all of RN for that.

• minusculebeercheers