Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MissBeck checking in!
Welcome.
minusculegoodjob
WHAT THE HELL !!
(03-25-2022, 03:16 AM)LookingForABetterLife Wrote: Sad little hermits are always welcomed here.  Have you taken your cats in for couples counseling so they can get along better?
If you ever come to Texas bring them with you as my cats could always use new friends.

tinybiggrin No, they are both females, but we had Gem first, kitten straight from mom, so we've all she's really known and has had the run of the house for 4 years, then last year we took in an unwanted cat from a home that had a relative moving in that was allergic to animals, so they wanted rid of Elsa! Personally I would have told the relative to live somewhere else and kept the cat!

Anyhoo, Gem took great umbridge to this, despite following all the 'expert' advice on introducing cats, and terrorises Elsa the minute they are in the same room together. minusculebonker She hates another cat being here and is so territorial. She has issues! tinybiggrin
(03-25-2022, 08:03 AM)Rodinus Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 08:27 PM)MissBeck Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 08:18 PM)Rodinus Wrote: Welcome to the nuthouse young lady.

I am not one of the trouble makers. tinydrroling

I'm not so sure about that! Just to keep you in check, I have a picture of you (with Cody), on file, just in case you need bribing. mediumshhhh mediumshhhh mediumshhhh havemyeyesonyou
I have just realised...

Do you mean those dick pics that you asked for?

See!! It didn't take you that long to play up! Not a trouble maker my ass! minusculemooning tinylaughing tinylaughing
(03-25-2022, 11:28 AM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote: Welcome.
minusculegoodjob

Thank you. minusculebeercheers
(03-25-2022, 05:39 PM)MissBeck Wrote:
(03-25-2022, 03:16 AM)LookingForABetterLife Wrote: Sad little hermits are always welcomed here.  Have you taken your cats in for couples counseling so they can get along better?
If you ever come to Texas bring them with you as my cats could always use new friends.

tinybiggrin No, they are both females, but we had Gem first, kitten straight from mom, so we've all she's really known and has had the run of the house for 4 years, then last year we took in an unwanted cat from a home that had a relative moving in that was allergic to animals, so they wanted rid of Elsa! Personally I would have told the relative to live somewhere else and kept the cat!

Anyhoo, Gem took great umbridge to this, despite following all the 'expert' advice on introducing cats, and terrorises Elsa the minute they are in the same room together. minusculebonker She hates another cat being here and is so territorial. She has issues! tinybiggrin
Mine are just the opposite.  Of course I was concerned on how they would react to eachother when we got the youngest one but they act like twin brothers and sisters.
If I am not here then I am probably someplace else.
(03-25-2022, 08:45 PM)LookingForABetterLife Wrote:
(03-25-2022, 05:39 PM)MissBeck Wrote:

Mine are just the opposite.  Of course I was concerned on how they would react to eachother when we got the youngest one but they act like twin brothers and sisters.

Aww, I'm jealous. Mine are both very loving cats. Just not with each other. tinybiggrin
(03-24-2022, 07:42 PM)MissBeck Wrote: Hi all,

So I am Beck(ie) or Rebecca (but only when I'm naughty) and I joined up when ATS shit on everyone for a few days. I am 48 and live in Staffordshire in the UK. (Good lord, feels like I'm doing a dating profile! tinyinbiglove )

I am a single mum to a 13 year old daughter. Her dad was an alcoholic and died when she was 6 months old. Since then I have been on my own and loving it.

I also have 2 older kids in their twenties from a previous relationship as well, but they stayed with their Dad when I left and have never lived with me.

We have 2 cats who hate each other, but are work in progress.

I work as a support worker for adults who have learning disabilities at a brick based day service which offers gardening activities and woodwork skills. I am the office manager and woodwork tutor! Although I absolutely love the job, sometimes it is like minusculeheadbanging . Sensible adult conversation is not part of my daily routine. smallroflmao 
I don't have many hobbies really. I LOVE to read, mainly apocalypse/zombie/escaped virus type stuff, and of course I love to do woodwork, which I got from my job, and gets so frustrating beacuse when I'm trying to teach them how to do stuff it takes all of my will power not to snatch the drill/screwdriver or whatever out of their hands and do it myself!! minusculeuzi I would love one day to have a small business selling my own wooden products and projects 

I don't watch TV, apart from Netflix and Amazon prime, and that is only for an hour when I am rolling my ciggies. I do do the odd bit of gardening, and used to grow all my own vegetables, but that has become a bit lax in the last few years.

Last June I FINALLY finished my degree which took 6 years as I had to do it part time and was chuffed that I passed with honours, so I am now a Batchelor of Science. minusculeguzzlingbeer 

I was going to go on to get my Masters, but have you seen the price of those things! bigfrightened 

Anyway, that's me. Sad little hermit who is quite content on not being social, avoiding social media sites, and real life humans where possible, and very content with where I am at the moment (Apart from my car. It's dropping to bits. Literaly!)

Hmmm.  Why wouldn't it be a bachelorette of science if you are a gal?  If you were married it would be a marionette of science. 

I thought of buying a big Hotel and starting a retirement home for old people, complete with a full woodshop and mechanics garage and a commercial kitchen for the older women.  I lost the bid on that old building by five grand....sucked.  I spent a lot of years doing building and remodeling I have lots of tools left, gave a lot of them away to relatives and friends a few years ago too.  But after selling the shop, I don't have a lot of room to set up a big woodshop again.

Nice to hear a little about you Miss Beck.
(03-25-2022, 09:56 PM)rickymouse Wrote: Hmmm.  Why wouldn't it be a bachelorette of science if you are a gal?  If you were married it would be a marionette of science. 

I thought of buying a big Hotel and starting a retirement home for old people, complete with a full woodshop and mechanics garage and a commercial kitchen for the older women.  I lost the bid on that old building by five grand....sucked.  I spent a lot of years doing building and remodeling I have lots of tools left, gave a lot of them away to relatives and friends a few years ago too.  But after selling the shop, I don't have a lot of room to set up a big woodshop again.

That home sounds right up my street! Wouldn’t men be allowed in the commercial kitchen then ?  tinywhat
tinybiggrin
Nice to speak to you!
(03-26-2022, 08:02 PM)MissBeck Wrote:
(03-25-2022, 09:56 PM)rickymouse Wrote: Hmmm.  Why wouldn't it be a bachelorette of science if you are a gal?  If you were married it would be a marionette of science. 

That home sounds right up my street! Wouldn’t men be allowed in the commercial kitchen then ?  tinywhat
tinybiggrin
Nice to speak to you!
Yeah, if they wanted to...but a lot of old guys don't know how to cook because they were never taught and would cut corners.  I was interested in cooking when I was young, but most of the boys my age were more interested in sports or outdoor stuff.  In my research I discovered some cooking techniques my mother used to use that created improper metabolic problems...good thing I remembered a lot of what I was taught.  Till I was about seven or eight we used to eat old school recipes and nobody was sick very much...then my mother and aunts started making all sorts of more tasty dishes mixing things that should not have been mixed together.  Seems that there was an increase in new age changes in recipes around the mid sixties, sugar became acceptable and everyone thought that the plant base oils and hydrogenated oils were better for you so boosted the use of them...which increased ever since till they discovered evidence that they are bad...but nobody believes it because they have been using those for generations...but health has been declining in that time.  Diabetes is way more of a problem now than back then and incidents of cancer have sharply increased.  deaths are lower because now there are better treatments....back then almost everyone who got cancer wound up dying...now the death rate is comparable but ninety percent of people who get cancer are treated and live.

So, maybe an old guy using old recipes might actually decrease diabetes and cancer, problem is that commercial foods have lots of chemicals used on them that are unnatural and also, the soils are depleted.  I know old women who also like doing woodwork and would like to have a nice garage just to vaccum out their cars.
Hi Becky! *waves*
Glad to see you have settled in.
If you ever fancy coming over the border, we could go roll our fags around Kester's camp fire in the next county down :) 
Rainbows
Jane
(03-27-2022, 11:09 PM)angelchemuel Wrote: Hi Becky! *waves*
If you ever fancy coming over the border, we could go roll our fags around Kester's camp fire in the next county down :) 
Rainbows
Jane

Sounds good Jane. Sorry for late reply. Tested positive for Coronavirus Sunday night. Spent all day in bed yesterday. Not cause I feel Poorly but because I could as I can’t go to work.  tinybiggrin tinybiggrin
(03-29-2022, 01:33 PM)MissBeck Wrote:
Rainbows
Jane

Sounds good Jane. Sorry for late reply. Tested positive for Coronavirus Sunday night. Spent all day in bed yesterday. Not cause I feel Poorly but because I could as I can’t go to work.  tinybiggrin tinybiggrin
Nowt like a good sickie.. 

Get well soon.
I still don't understand why the Kamikaze pilots wore helmets!
Rainbows
Jane

Get Well Soon.
I do hope you're drinking lots of water.
Urinating in one of the best ways to rid yourself of COVID.
If you are having a problem peeing, look for corn covered in good green husk, boil and drink the corn water.
Of-Course you can eat the corn to.

The Corn Water will help cleanse your kidneys and bladder.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(03-29-2022, 02:15 PM)Rodinus Wrote:
Rainbows
Jane

Nowt like a good sickie.. 

Get well soon.

tinybiggrin tinybiggrin Best is I’m not even sick. I had aching legs on Saturday/Sunday and a fuzzy head and a few minutes of shivers twice, but now I’ve got no symptoms at all. If it hadn’t of been coronavirus I could have gone back to work yesterday with the way I’m feeling. Hopefully nothing else develops and I’ve got off very lightly. 

Thanks for the well wishes!  minusculebeercheers
(03-29-2022, 05:10 PM)guohua Wrote:
Rainbows
Jane

Get Well Soon.
I do hope you're drinking lots of water.
Urinating in one of the best ways to rid yourself of COVID.
If you are having a problem peeing, look for corn covered in good green husk, boil and drink the corn water.
Of-Course you can eat the corn to.

The Corn Water will help cleanse your kidneys and bladder.

Yep, drinking loads, and going to the loo lots. As per my post above, I haven’t really been that poorly. Just a few aches the first few days. 

Thanks  minusculebeercheers
Get better soon, all the best  minusculebeercheers
(03-30-2022, 03:15 PM)NoAngels Wrote: Get better soon, all the best  minusculebeercheers

Thanks.  minusculebeercheers