Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Belgium] Car-Ram Kills Four.
I see we're picking up the old reins of terrorism again as the Ukraine outrage threatens to drown-out the standard form
of fear-mongering.

Quote:Four killed after car rams into crowd in Belgium

'At least four people have been killed after a car rammed into a crowd in southern Belgium.
The incident happened in the small town of Strépy-Bracquegnies, about 30 miles (50km) south of the capital Brussels.
The car reportedly drove at high-speed into a group of carnival performers who were preparing a parade on Sunday.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10891]

"We have a few dozen injured and unfortunately several people killed," the town's Mayor Jacques Gobert told the RTBF radio station.
At least 12 people are reported to be seriously injured following the crash. The occupants of the car have been arrested, police said.
The circumstances of the incident are not yet clear, but some local media reports suggest it may have followed a police chase.

Officials are working to establish whether a terror attack can be ruled out, Belgian Interior Minister Annelies Verlinden said.
"Deepest condolences to the families and friends of those killed and injured in the incident this morning," she wrote on Twitter.
"What was supposed to be a great party turned into a tragedy," she added. "We are monitoring the situation closely."...'
BBC:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I remember when if something like that happened it was because someone had a heart attack while driving... 

Times have changed, and not for the better..
Was the driver Sunni or Sharia..... just asking for a friend...
(03-20-2022, 11:17 AM)727Sky Wrote: Was the driver Sunni or Sharia..... just asking for a friend...

Let's just say that if either of your two suggestions are stated in the MSM, 'mental-health issues' will also
be expressed immediately behind the disclosure.
tinybiggrin
They've been pretty quick to rule out terrorism;

"The circumstances of the attack are being investigated, but police said a terror attack had been ruled out."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60811591
Apparently all the occupants of the car, including the driver, have been arrested.
Police have also denied reports that the car had been involved in some sort of chase?

Like most people my initial suspicions were/are that its terror related, guess we'll have to wait and see.

ETA.
How do you post links to sources?
(03-20-2022, 10:17 AM)BIAD Wrote: I see we're picking up the old reins of terrorism again as the Ukraine outrage threatens to drown-out the standard form
of fear-mongering.

Quote:Four killed after car rams into crowd in Belgium

'At least four people have been killed after a car rammed into a crowd in southern Belgium.
The incident happened in the small town of Strépy-Bracquegnies, about 30 miles (50km) south of the capital Brussels.
The car reportedly drove at high-speed into a group of carnival performers who were preparing a parade on Sunday.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10891]

"We have a few dozen injured and unfortunately several people killed," the town's Mayor Jacques Gobert told the RTBF radio station.
At least 12 people are reported to be seriously injured following the crash. The occupants of the car have been arrested, police said.
The circumstances of the incident are not yet clear, but some local media reports suggest it may have followed a police chase.

Officials are working to establish whether a terror attack can be ruled out, Belgian Interior Minister Annelies Verlinden said.
"Deepest condolences to the families and friends of those killed and injured in the incident this morning," she wrote on Twitter.
"What was supposed to be a great party turned into a tragedy," she added. "We are monitoring the situation closely."...'
BBC:

Poor sods. :(

RIP.
(03-20-2022, 11:55 AM)andy06shake Wrote: Poor sods. :(

RIP.

I agree, apparently it's six fatalities now.
tinysure
@"Freeborn" 

Huh.  That link you posted should have come out as "clickable blue".

I don't care for the now standard official rush to deny terrorism when an event like this happens.

I am jaded at this point.  I recall Europe decades ago, and things like vehicles plowing into crowds just didn't seem to happen, or, if they did, it was much rarer than happens today.  Nice ... the Berlin Christmas market ... this one, and pretty sure there have been similar events, all in just the last few years.  Not just a series of odd coincidences IMO.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(03-20-2022, 01:44 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 11:55 AM)andy06shake Wrote: Poor sods. :(

RIP.

I agree, apparently it's six fatalities now.
tinysure

Hard to fathom really how people can do such a thing.

Terrorist incident or not its a cowardly act of depravity. :(
(03-20-2022, 01:57 PM)andy06shake Wrote: Hard to fathom really how people can do such a thing.

It really is at that. I know I would have a difficult time taking a life to defend my own (aberrant I know.. lol) just can't even imagine what kind of person could just go out and kill random people...
(03-20-2022, 11:49 AM)Freeborn Wrote: They've been pretty quick to rule out terrorism;

"The circumstances of the attack are being investigated, but police said a terror attack had been ruled out."

Apparently all the occupants of the car, including the driver, have been arrested.
Police have also denied reports that the car had been involved in some sort of chase?

Like most people my initial suspicions were/are that its terror related, guess we'll have to wait and see.

ETA.
Your text was oddly formatted, and it didn't recognize the link as a link. When I "quoted" it for this reply, the text was invisible on a white background instead of black text. So I highlited the whole thing here and removed the formatting, and the link became clickable in this reply.

Generally, to post a link you can either just paste it directly into a post and the software will recognize it and make it clickable, or you can use the "link" button to post it, or if you know BBcode, you can tag it with BBcode and do manually what the link icon does automatically.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(03-20-2022, 02:03 PM)Grace Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 01:57 PM)andy06shake Wrote: Hard to fathom really how people can do such a thing.

It really is at that. I know I would have a difficult time taking a life to defend my own (aberrant I know.. lol) just can't even imagine what kind of person could just go out and kill random people...

Well, that sort of thing is the reason you keep me around - to handle untoward tasks like killing in defense and reaching the top shelf.

But the answer to your question of "what kind of person can just go out and kill random people" is "a lunatic". It doesn't matter what other facade they try to hide behind, whether religion, ideology, or what have you, the core problem is lunacy. The religious or ideological claims are just facades to hide their core crazy, excuses to exercise their lunacy on the unsuspecting just like any other serial killer.

Well-adjusted and mentally healthy religious folk and ideologues do not go around killing random strangers. Only people broken in the head do that.

Now, with that said, I do not believe in using insanity ass a legal defense, either, in most cases. It has been severely over used and abused so much as to have no real meaning any more. If someone is that bonkers, I don't want them walking the same streets as my family, anyhow, and the best solution for them is a hole in the ground and dirt in their face.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(03-20-2022, 01:45 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Freeborn" 

Huh.  That link you posted should have come out as "clickable blue".

I don't care for the now standard official rush to deny terrorism when an event like this happens.

I am jaded at this point.  I recall Europe decades ago, and things like vehicles plowing into crowds just didn't seem to happen, or, if they did, it was much rarer than happens today.  Nice ... the Berlin Christmas market ... this one, and pretty sure there have been similar events, all in just the last few years.  Not just a series of odd coincidences IMO.

Cheers

I have no idea what I did wrong there.....

They seemed awfully quick to deny any links to terrorism......normally they would come out with the bog standard 'investigations are ongoing' etc even if they know the circumstances behind it.
Unusual.
(03-20-2022, 05:53 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 11:49 AM)Freeborn Wrote: They've been pretty quick to rule out terrorism;

ETA.
Your text was oddly formatted, and it didn't recognize the link as a link. When I "quoted" it for this reply, the text was invisible on a white background instead of black text. So I highlited the whole thing here and removed the formatting, and the link became clickable in this reply.

Generally, to post a link you can either just paste it directly into a post and the software will recognize it and make it clickable, or you can use the "link" button to post it, or if you know BBcode, you can tag it with BBcode and do manually what the link icon does automatically.

Thanks.....I might have to have a look at them tutorial video's.
I sort of arrogantly assumed I'd know how to do everything......what a knobhead!??
(03-20-2022, 07:09 PM)Freeborn Wrote: Thanks.....I might have to have a look at them tutorial video's.
I sort of arrogantly assumed I'd know how to do everything......what a knobhead!??

Nope, not a knobhead - learning is a process that never ends.

(03-20-2022, 07:38 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Nope, not a knobhead - learning is a process that never ends.

I just checked and his link was fine, it went to clickable blue for me in post preview, so it should have been clickable without any hoop jumping.. 

Do people here on this forum need x amount of posts before they can post links? Some systems are set up that way... Maybe this one is too and he didn't have enough posts at the time he posted that link, so it didn't automatically highlight? 

I'm just throwing out random thoughts, but it should have worked for him. 

And yes, in response to your post that is why I keep you... Top shelf and defense of the innocent. Let's hope the top shelf is all I'll need from you though..