Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Political Correctness gone mad
Ok, this PC BS is just getting out of hand - everyone is offended by everything that is ever said!

Soon we will all be speaking in sign language for fear of upsetting someone, oh wait that might offend the visually impaired!!

PC is getting out of control - next we will have clowns wanting to get in the White House, oh wait....

Oopsie, I just upset the clown community. Deal with it, you clowns!!

Quote:The circus is officially insulted by your election comparisons

The circus would like you to stop calling the 2016 election a circus.

On Monday, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey launched a new campaign titled “The Circus Wants The Circus Back.” The goal: to get rid of the negative association the presidential election has brought to the words “circus” and ‘clowns.”

“Everyone from the media to the public to politicians to even President Barack Obama himself have repeatedly called the 2016 Presidential Election a circus or referred to the candidates as clowns,” Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Presents Out Of This World Ringmaster Johnathan Lee Iverson said in a press release. “These comparisons need to stop! We want to #TakeBackTheCircus to where it belongs, to the real circus, the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus.”

It isn't the only brand that has suddenly found itself entangled in the election.

Earlier this month, Tics Tacs issued a statement of condemnation after Trump mentioned the candy in a 2005 Access Hollywood video where he discussed being able to grope women because he was a star.

http://www.kare11.com/news/nation-now/th.../337056171
OH. MY. GOD.

Seriously????

I just don't know anymore about people in general.
Where the hell did all this 'sensitivity' come from?

Where has common sense gone?

Why must people take everything so literally anymore?

Such as getting your panties in a wad over the election being called a circus? Sheesh.

There is also a part in the article where the Skittle company & Tic Tac spoke up as well when their name was mentioned:
Of course, it could be due to anti-Trump sentiment.

Quote:Earlier this month, Tics Tacs issued a statement of condemnation after Trump mentioned the candy in a 2005 Access Hollywood video where he discussed being able to grope women because he was a star.

And in September, Trump’s son Donald Trump Jr. tweeted an image that compared Syrian refugees to poisoned Skittles.
"Skittles are candy. Refugees are people. We don’t feel it’s an appropriate analogy,” a Skittles spokeswoman told USA TODAY.

Oh get a life people!!

BTW, loved the comedian.
He reminded me a lot of George Carlin...what he had to say, and how he said it.
It was PERFECT!

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

And the sissification of our Nations continues...

It's going to come to a point where people won't be able to talk anymore. And it's already becoming ridiculous.

There was a time where being offended was when someone would beat the shit out of you in front of everyone. Being really offended was if it was a girl beating the shit out of you in front of everyone. Being extremely offended was when your girlfriend would break off from you while yelling "you have a small dick anyways" in front of the whole classroom.

Nowadays? Give your opinion on some black people, you're a racist and you've just offended all of them.

Give your opinion about radical islamists, you're a warmongerer and you've just offended all Muslims.

Give your opinion about religion, you're an atheist and you've just offended everyone that looks up to the sky for a God.

Give your opinion about sexuality, you're a pig or a slut and you've just insulted everyone from the LGBT community.

WTF ???

I piss on Barnum & Bailey. Kiss my ass, you and your fucking clowns. Offended now?

Suck it up.

minusculerolleyes
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
@Sol - your rant is much more eloquent than mine, and expresses my sentiments more fully.  This crap has got to stop - that is why I like comediands who push the boundaries and say "Get offended at my jokes, I don't give a feck!"

Glad we are on the same page though :)
Quote:And the sissification of our Nations continues...

It's going to come to a point where people won't be able to talk anymore. And it's already becoming ridiculous.

It is to the point that they are playing the "Offensive" card at every whim, that the word itself is losing it's true importance, cheapening it if you will.

Crying wolf over trivial stuff, such as Halloween costumes may be offensive to some. sigh.
Or a word being used to describe the election i.e. circus/clown.

U of Florida offers 24/7 counseling for students ‘troubled’ by Halloween costumes

Being offended used to take on real meaning.

But now a days, not so much IMO, due to it being tossed around daily when it really has more to do with one being insecure/unsure, not accepting of others and their differing point of views/opinions/way of life.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

This shit has been driving me crazy! I'm offended by everyone being offended! I don't care what the whiners are offended by, I'm sticking to how things used to be. Tell 'em all to suck it up buttercup. There, I feel better now.
(10-20-2016, 08:56 PM)Night Star Wrote: This shit has been driving me crazy! I'm offended by everyone being offended!

I don't care what the whiners are offended by, I'm sticking to how things used to be. Tell 'em all to suck it up buttercup. There, I feel better now.

AMEN! minusculeclap

That is me....I am offended by others getting offended.   smallnotamused

[Image: 529ded54eef64923a682b0e29de13378.png]

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(10-18-2016, 06:12 AM)1984hasarrived Wrote: Ok, this PC BS is just getting out of hand - everyone is offended by everything that is ever said!

Soon we will all be speaking in sign language for fear of upsetting someone, oh wait that might offend the visually impaired!!

PC is getting out of control - next we will have clowns wanting to get in the White House, oh wait....

Oopsie, I just upset the clown community. Deal with it, you clowns!!

Quote:The circus is officially insulted by your election comparisons

The circus would like you to stop calling the 2016 election a circus.

On Monday, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey launched a new campaign titled “The Circus Wants The Circus Back.” The goal: to get rid of the negative association the presidential election has brought to the words “circus” and ‘clowns.”

“Everyone from the media to the public to politicians to even President Barack Obama himself have repeatedly called the 2016 Presidential Election a circus or referred to the candidates as clowns,” Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Presents Out Of This World Ringmaster Johnathan Lee Iverson said in a press release. “These comparisons need to stop! We want to #TakeBackTheCircus to where it belongs, to the real circus, the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus.”

It isn't the only brand that has suddenly found itself entangled in the election.

Earlier this month, Tics Tacs issued a statement of condemnation after Trump mentioned the candy in a 2005 Access Hollywood video where he discussed being able to grope women because he was a star.

http://www.kare11.com/news/nation-now/th.../337056171
Lol @ the funny video.. I've seen that skit before but it's always good.. 

As far as the circus being offended and wanting to maintain a good image.. I'm pretty certain they ought to be more offended by the men who are dressing up as clowns trying to abduct children.. if I was going to be offended at something if I was the circus.. that would be it right there.. 

Other than that.. perhaps they would like to take up offence with the phrase "bread and circus".. originating in Rome of course.. people with any intelligence use that phrase all the time with negative connotations..

But I hear you.. it gets old.. we are raising a generation of pansies who need safe spaces.. if people want to know why there are no leaders rising up today who are strong and good leaders.. this here is probably a clue.. they cannot lead when their own shadow offends them.. (shadows are racist or didn't you know.. )
If havent offended you yet .... not worry will get around to offending you shortly .....  mwahahahaha !!!!!!
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(10-21-2016, 10:13 AM)Daitengu Wrote: If havent offended you yet .... not worry will get around to offending you shortly .....  mwahahahaha !!!!!!

Yep, get in line and wait your turn!!
(10-21-2016, 04:44 PM)1984hasarrived Wrote:
(10-21-2016, 10:13 AM)Daitengu Wrote: If havent offended you yet .... not worry will get around to offending you shortly .....  mwahahahaha !!!!!!

Yep, get in line and wait your turn!!
Me Next, Me Next,,, OH, Me!  minusculebeercheers
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I could give a shit about who gets offended or why.

I could, but I don't.

I'f I'm able to offend them, what I say or do is the least of their worries. They'd better be looking inward and putting a goddamned band aid on the boo-boos peppering their insecurities.

If they're worrying so much over what I have to say, then they're probably giving me way too much importance in their tiny little worlds... and the whiny little bitches best go curl up into a fetal ball in the corner to protect themselves from the onslaught, 'cause I'm not about to change my ways because THEY react poorly. I may be able to control their tiny little emotional minds, but they ain't about to control my massive tumescent mind.

Crybabies. Run to your safe spaces... RUN I said, goddammit!

But I don't.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(10-22-2016, 08:38 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I could give a shit about who gets offended or why.

I could, but I don't.

I'f I'm able to offend them, what I say or do is the least of their worries. They'd better be looking inward and putting a goddamned band aid on the boo-boos peppering their insecurities.

If they're worrying so much over what I have to say, then they're probably giving me way too much importance in their tiny little worlds... and the whiny little bitches best go curl up into a fetal ball in the corner to protect themselves from the onslaught, 'cause I'm not about to change my ways because THEY react poorly. I may be able to control their tiny little emotional minds, but they ain't about to control my massive tumescent mind.

But I don't.

You're My minusculehail Hero!  smallslavedriver Like When I Make Certain People Squirm In Their Chairs When They Have Seen I Replied To Their Thread or Post,,, Not Here, but at another site.
Run You Little Bitches!  smallmachinegun
(10-22-2016, 08:49 AM)guohua Wrote:
(10-22-2016, 08:38 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I could give a shit about who gets offended or why.

I could, but I don't.

But I don't.

You're My minusculehail Hero!  smallslavedriver Like When I Make Certain People Squirm In Their Chairs When They Have Seen I Replied To Their Thread or Post,,, Not Here, but at another site.
Run You Little Bitches!  smallmachinegun

Keep on doing that @guohua, some people need to grow a set and be less easily "offended", as the old saying goes, "offence is taken not given".

The fault lies with the offendee, not the alleged offender.

I upset/offended a few people last night talking about the US elections, and their little faces were like "you can't say that".

"Yes, I damn well can, buttercup, and I just did."

Someone else told me an incident he had with a colleague a few days ago, who said "You cannot make any comments about the US election as you are not American", luckily I was not there as I would have ripped her a new one. When I do see her, I must remember to mention the election :)

minusculebonker
Quote:"You cannot make any comments about the US election as you are not American"

Oh how I would enjoy having someone telling me this !!!!

Does that mean that I can't say that Hyundai cars are pieces of shit because I'm not Korean?

Or that I think Black Lives Matter is just a racist front because I'm not an African American?

Or that I think our Medias (even here in Canada) are rigging this election for a Hillary win by avoiding to talk about her criminal activities, past and present, and instead bombarding Trump with irrelevant accusations....and even though I'm not Russian?

Or that I think that the Vatican and the Catholic Religion is the biggest Scam in all of our world's history, because I'm not a devote Christian boy?

That whole sentence up there only means " I'm right, you're wrong and I don't wanna hear about it. "

Probably a Clinton fan...is what I would think. If I was an American.

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(10-22-2016, 11:24 AM)Sol Wrote:
Quote:"You cannot make any comments about the US election as you are not American"

Oh how I would enjoy having someone telling me this !!!!
Me too, Sol!

Based on that terribly ignorant comment, I suppose me and Gordi should get our coats
and leave! We have truly lost our way.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Pfffffth ......  Proud NOT american here ......  *fires up cigar ..... wanders off to post yankee go home signs .... an grab cute bargirls tits ..... *
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

[Image: 969a1d1c645640e89dff1b0d097b32c0.png]

EXACTLY!!   minusculethumbsup

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

You know what they are, Hypocrites.
[Image: 1236cd.jpg] [Image: 572e954bd6a9e037819eda63430bb179.jpg]
Do You have the Desire To Really Offend A Liberal? Good, then:[Image: 39c0ff2eafd96db7e9ab87605e638f7e.jpg] 
[Image: 3d70fb09639616d7f2c58fb7f6bb3846.jpg]

I could, but I don't.

But I don't.

All kidding aside, there is a balance that can, and should be struck and actually you know that balance well actually, no matter how much of an attitude you try to portray. 

While taking offense over everything is a barrier to discussion, so is being actually offensive. If you had never been respectful of my different opinions, we never would have progressed in our friendship, likewise, if every difference of opinion you held I wasn't respectful of then the same would be true. 

We were able to talk about extremely important topics with a lot of respect for one another's differences. I think either extreme is bad, in all honesty, but rather, the balanced middle is where we should seek to be. 

I know I was probably terribly serious right now while everyone is joking.. but it needed said anyway.

Okay.. back to being offensive.. lol..