Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Counting Tanks: The Russian Message
I wanted to share this channel on YT. It's my world events news go-to location. 

In this case, the subject is Russia and Ukraine. If you want some nitty-gritty details and comprehensive analysis, this is the place. Fair warning: this is in the military intel brief format (more or less). 

I get a lot of people texting me with Good Morning America level "news" on the subject. I am not sure how to address them other than to advise them it's Kool-Aid. Then they don't talk to me for a while. And shoot, who knows if what I am reading is worthwhile? Still, I like this.  

(01-24-2022, 03:50 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: I wanted to share this channel on YT. It's my world events news go-to location. 

In this case, the subject is Russia and Ukraine. If you want some nitty-gritty details and comprehensive analysis, this is the place. Fair warning: this is in the military intel brief format (more or less). 

I get a lot of people texting me with Good Morning America level "news" on the subject. I am not sure how to address them other than to advise them it's Kool-Aid. Then they don't talk to me for a while. And shoot, who knows if what I am reading is worthwhile? Still, I like this.  

Yes, that is an excellent site.
A little to Serious for some people who are use to the MSM Talking Heads.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I agree. It's not conducive to the sound byte consumers.
Thanks , good channel to watch , specially now with Ukraine situation
Putin will go to China for the winter Olympics...so probably no invasion until after he returns to Russia... The thaw of the frozen ground will be around the middle of March so Russian armor can not go off road when that happens due to deep muddy conditions. Maybe a move by Russian forces before March 20th or after Putin returns to Russia.. Unless they kick everything off after the opening ceremony of the Olympics which is what I would do to catch the west with their pants down..
I wouldn't go to the Olympics in China for love or money. Not even a lot of love and a lot of money. Not even a lot of love, a lot of money, and a brand new Harley.

If they kick it off in the Ukraine, and especially the Ukraine and Hong Kong simultaneously for a war on two fronts, all they have to do is lock down Chinese airports to have a LOT of western hostages to bargain with.

We need to boycott the Olympics like, yesterday. To do otherwise may be sending a lot of sacrificial lambs to slaughter. Hell, even Carter had the balls to boycott the Olympics when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan. I'd hate to be the only president to go down in history as having tinier balls than Carter.

Are you listening, BidenHarris?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(01-26-2022, 06:52 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I wouldn't go to the Olympics in China for love or money. Not even a lot of love and a lot of money. Not even a lot of love, a lot of money, and a brand new Harley.

If they kick it off in the Ukraine, and especially the Ukraine and Hong Kong simultaneously for a war on two fronts, all they have to do is lock down Chinese airports to have a LOT of western hostages to bargain with.

We need to boycott the Olympics like, yesterday. To do otherwise may be sending a lot of sacrificial lambs to slaughter. Hell, even Carter had the balls to boycott the Olympics when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan. I'd hate to be the only president to go down in history as having tinier balls than Carter.

I think you meant to say Ukraine and Taiwan as they already have killed Hong Kong..
(01-25-2022, 11:56 PM)727Sky Wrote: Putin will go to China for the winter Olympics...so probably no invasion until after he returns to Russia... The thaw of the frozen ground will be around the middle of March so Russian armor can not go off road when that happens due to deep muddy conditions. Maybe a move by Russian forces before March 20th or after Putin returns to Russia.. Unless they kick everything off after the opening ceremony of the Olympics which is what I would do to catch the west with their pants down..

Somehow surpriced that Putin would go to olympics,  he has been staying very long times in hes " secret palace"  in black sea, because want to avoid risk getting the flu. So now he will go to Peking .......China has also make sure the Peking olympic will have full 5G coverage, another hmm as i think Putin is quote sensitive on anything health related...

Could it be that Putins double will go to olympics ?
(01-26-2022, 12:03 PM)727Sky Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 06:52 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I wouldn't go to the Olympics in China for love or money. Not even a lot of love and a lot of money. Not even a lot of love, a lot of money, and a brand new Harley.

I think you meant to say Ukraine and Taiwan as they already have killed Hong Kong..

Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm not good at keeping track of Asian locations. All I can do is look at a situation and say "well that's gonna sting!" without knowing, really, just WHO it's going to sting.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

This news article is what my husbands sources are secretly telling him about this Invasion. No one knows what Putin really has planned but Sources in the area (CIA/NSA) are seeing a build up of forces put also a large rotation of forces in and out. 
The Democrats are trying to create a Fake Invasion Crisis for Brain Dead Joe to Defuse or Stop.
They are saying or telling my husband the Real Crisi is Taiwan and China, their Intelligence reports are being Ignore by the Biden Administration.
But the Ukraine!
Quote:REPORT: Ukrainian president told Biden to TONE IT DOWN with the invasion talk........

Uh, doesn't Zelensky know that Biden desperately NEEDS Russia to invade to create a new and exciting CRISIS!!! To distract folks from the collapse of the DNC's COVID Sham! As Biden would say "C’mon man".

Quote:It’s being reported this morning that Ukrainian President Zelensky told Biden in his phone call yesterday to tone it down with all of his imminent invasion talk regarding the potential Russian invasion:

Quote:DAILY MAIL – Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky Thursday urged President Joe Biden in a call on Thursday to tone down his rhetoric about the brewing situation between Ukraine and Russia, amid fears it could cause panic or a run on supplies, according to a report.

Zelensky made the plea in a call that ‘did not go well,’ CNN reported, citing a Ukrainian source. It included a plea by Zelensky for Biden to ‘calm down the messaging’ amid complex maneuverings over the potential invasion.
The urging came in a call where Biden told Zelensky Russia could invade within weeks.

It followed pushback earlier this week from Ukraine as the U.S. told family members of American diplomats to leave. Ukrainian officials maintained the move was unnecessary with a situation that is still uncertain, even as Russia continues to move troops and equipment to positions around Ukraine.
Source
(01-28-2022, 06:21 PM)guohua Wrote: This news article is what my husbands sources are secretly telling him about this Invasion. No one knows what Putin really has planned but Sources in the area (CIA/NSA) are seeing a build up of forces put also a large rotation of forces in and out. 
The Democrats are trying to create a Fake Invasion Crisis for Brain Dead Joe to Defuse or Stop.
They are saying or telling my husband the Real Crisi is Taiwan and China, their Intelligence reports are being Ignore by the Biden Administration.
But the Ukraine!
Quote:REPORT: Ukrainian president told Biden to TONE IT DOWN with the invasion talk........

Uh, doesn't Zelensky know that Biden desperately NEEDS Russia to invade to create a new and exciting CRISIS!!! To distract folks from the collapse of the DNC's COVID Sham! As Biden would say "C’mon man".

Source

And then, after CNN broke that story, the Biden Regime came out and accused the Ukraine of "leaking"!

smallrofl Biggrin YO Giantlaughingatyou

@"guohua" (and Mr G)

Hard to be sure what the Russian intentions really are.

But one thing seems to be a tip-off.

Troop concentrations like that on/near borders usually mean invasion is imminent.

Our State Dept. screwed the pooch on that one back when Iraq invaded Kuwait.  "Oh, Sadaam is just bluffing."  I knew he wasn't because of where his troops were, and the strength they were amassing.

Ironically, Russia provides a great example of this.  The Soviets got all kinds of warnings the Germans were massing on their frontiers in 1941.  Stalin's government ignored all the warnings ... until the Germans poured over the border.

As to the current situation.

I don't see a conventional invasion taking place.  I expect this to go down more like Czechoslovakia in 1968.  Airborne and special forces troops will seize the capital of Ukraine and decapitate the national government.  Then, and only then, will the conventional forces cross the border.  Their mission will be two-fold.  One part will be to provide security on the ground for a puppet government erected by the Russians.  Their other mission will be to defeat any elements of the Ukrainian Army that want to continue to resist.

The Russians have fifth-columnists all over Ukraine.  Some Ukrainians will fanatically resist.  What I fear is enough resistance will take place that the Russians will resort to war crimes as a way of stamping out guerrilla warfare by hard-core Ukrainians.

People in our forum may or may not know that after the Russians pushed the Germans out of Ukraine in 1944, there were Ukrainian partisan actions against the Soviet Army well into the 1950s.  It wasn't all communist-style happiness and light there.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(01-28-2022, 07:20 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"guohua" (and Mr G)

Hard to be sure what the Russian intentions really are.

But one thing seems to be a tip-off.

Troop concentrations like that on/near borders usually mean invasion is imminent.

Our State Dept. screwed the pooch on that one back when Iraq invaded Kuwait.  "Oh, Sadaam is just bluffing."  I knew he wasn't because of where his troops were, and the strength they were amassing.

Ironically, Russia provides a great example of this.  The Soviets got all kinds of warnings the Germans were massing on their frontiers in 1941.  Stalin's government ignored all the warnings ... until the Germans poured over the border.

As to the current situation.

I don't see a conventional invasion taking place.  I expect this to go down more like Czechoslovakia in 1968.  Airborne and special forces troops will seize the capital of Ukraine and decapitate the national government.  Then, and only then, will the conventional forces cross the border.  Their mission will be two-fold.  One part will be to provide security on the ground for a puppet government erected by the Russians.  Their other mission will be to defeat any elements of the Ukrainian Army that want to continue to resist.

The Russians have fifth-columnists all over Ukraine.  Some Ukrainians will fanatically resist.  What I fear is enough resistance will take place that the Russians will resort to war crimes as a way of stamping out guerrilla warfare by hard-core Ukrainians.

People in our forum may or may not know that after the Russians pushed the Germans out of Ukraine in 1944, there were Ukrainian partisan actions against the Soviet Army well into the 1950s.  It wasn't all communist-style happiness and light there.

Cheers

My husband says You May Very Well Be Right.
His sources tell him also that this Ukrainian President is not a Putin or Biden Puppet.

My husband says if he remembers correctly, Russia stated to station troops near or on the Ukrainian Border in 2014 and in 2017 had their first "Zapad" or "Western operational strategic exercise".
Which they are doing again, it is the 2021 Zapad Exercise and a Huge Intelligence gathering Coup for us. 
My husband said that his contacts are seeing Troops rotating in and out after intense live fire training that also includes their front line aircraft, tanks and armored personnel carriers.

I suppose it is a Wait and See situation.
You are probably right though.
(01-28-2022, 06:21 PM)guohua Wrote: This news article is what my husbands sources are secretly telling him about this Invasion. No one knows what Putin really has planned but Sources in the area (CIA/NSA) are seeing a build up of forces put also a large rotation of forces in and out. 
But the Ukraine!

Quote:It’s being reported this morning that Ukrainian President Zelensky told Biden in his phone call yesterday to tone it down with all of his imminent invasion talk regarding the potential Russian invasion:

Quote:DAILY MAIL – Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky Thursday urged President Joe Biden in a call on Thursday to tone down his rhetoric about the brewing situation between Ukraine and Russia, amid fears it could cause panic or a run on supplies, according to a report.

Zelensky made the plea in a call that ‘did not go well,’ CNN reported, citing a Ukrainian source. It included a plea by Zelensky for Biden to ‘calm down the messaging’ amid complex maneuverings over the potential invasion.
The urging came in a call where Biden told Zelensky Russia could invade within weeks.

It followed pushback earlier this week from Ukraine as the U.S. told family members of American diplomats to leave. Ukrainian officials maintained the move was unnecessary with a situation that is still uncertain, even as Russia continues to move troops and equipment to positions around Ukraine.
Source

With regards to Ukraine, I would agree with the assessment your husband is getting. Russia has been deeply involved there for years now. The media has a 10 second attention span so it makes sense they portray it as "all of a sudden." And it gives Dear Leader a "Win." Now he is tough against Russia. 

After further contemplation, even if Russia pushes to the Dnieper (low odds IMHO) Joe can still claim he stared the Bear down from completely over running the whole country. 

It also seems convenient that when the covid narrative starts falling apart, they have a brand new boogie man to whip up the bed wetter's and pearl clutcher's.
@"ABNARTY" 
Quote:It also seems convenient that when the covid narrative starts falling apart, they have a brand new boogie man to whip up the bed wetter's and pearl clutcher's.

I agree with you. Sleepy Joe and the Democrats needs a win before the Mid-Terms of 2022.
(01-29-2022, 02:16 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: With regards to Ukraine, I would agree with the assessment your husband is getting. Russia has been deeply involved there for years now. The media has a 10 second attention span so it makes sense they portray it as "all of a sudden." And it gives Dear Leader a "Win." Now he is tough against Russia. 

After further contemplation, even if Russia pushes to the Dnieper (low odds IMHO) Joe can still claim he stared the Bear down from completely over running the whole country. 

It also seems convenient that when the covid narrative starts falling apart, they have a brand new boogie man to whip up the bed wetter's and pearl clutcher's.

Regarding Kiev/Kyiv and the Dneiper, I think if you check the map you'll finds they also have units staged along the northern border of the Ukraine already on both sides of the Dnieper. A push south by those units would already be "across the country", with the southwest corner of the Ukraine as the only potential "free" land assuming the initial invasions got halted at half.

(01-29-2022, 03:29 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:16 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: With regards to Ukraine, I would agree with the assessment your husband is getting. Russia has been deeply involved there for years now. The media has a 10 second attention span so it makes sense they portray it as "all of a sudden." And it gives Dear Leader a "Win." Now he is tough against Russia. 

Regarding Kiev/Kyiv and the Dneiper, I think if you check the map you'll finds they also have units staged along the northern border of the Ukraine already on both sides of the Dnieper. A push south by those units would already be "across the country", with the southwest corner of the Ukraine as the only potential "free" land assuming the initial invasions got halted at half.

Understood. However, it's the eastern half (or so) of the country with the high ethnic Russian population. That is where their leverage would come from if they do anything at all, IMHO. 

With regards to the forces on the northern flank of Ukraine, I would guess they are there to fix Ukrainian forces in the western half of the country. Just guessing. 

I only mention the Dnieper as it seems an obvious LOA if they come from the east. 

This is just me speculating.
(01-29-2022, 03:29 AM)Ninurta Wrote:

@"Ninurta" It looks like my assessment from a few days back was off the mark. The Russians are feeling really froggy. Even Kiev is on the menu. 

By the time the UN and NATO decide on matters, Ukraine will be in the history books. *My latest completely unscientific SAWG. 

(02-24-2022, 11:08 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: @"Ninurta" It looks like my assessment from a few days back was off the mark. The Russians are feeling really froggy. Even Kiev is on the menu. 

By the time the UN and NATO decide on matters, Ukraine will be in the history books. *My latest completely unscientific SAWG. 

Not your fault You don't think like a Russian, and that's probably a good thing. Putin HAD to go whole hog in order to call Biden's bluff. It's the Russian way. Biden pushed him right into it with all his warmongering talk. Like any decent schoolyard bully, when Biden said what amounted to "Knock this chip off my shoulder. Go 'head, I dare ya!" Putin didn't have any other choice than to do it and show Biden he would, and see what kinda smoke Biden has. So far, all Biden's smoke has been just that - smoke - and no fire. The rest of the kids in the schoolyard are watching, so now the ball is in Biden's court - does he fold, or does he put another chip on his shoulder and dare Putin to knock that one off, too?

One thing he ain't gonna do is knock Putin on his ass like he insinuated he would. His bluff has been called, and now he doesn't know what to do. What worries me the most at the moment is that all the warmongering Democrat and Neocon talking heads on TV are talking about nukes, and claiming Putin threatened to nuke us if we interfered, which is pure bullshit. Putin levied a vague threat which could mean anything, but most likely some kinda new "super weapon" that will fizzle. What we don't need is for the Dumbass in Chief to put a nuclear chip on his scrawny shoulder - because, you know, that "Russian Way" thing.

Those Talking Heads talk a good game when they are agitating for a really big war. After all, it ain't THEM that are gonna have to fight it - until the nukes fly, that is. It's a good thing they are on TV, because when some dumbass talks bigger than his ass can deliver in my presence, I'm the sort that generally knocks the chip off by the simple expedient of knocking them flat on their ass with a through the head type of punch. Not that I stick my fist through their head really, you understand - I just aim for a hole in the air behind their head instead of at their face, and by the time their head gets to that hole in the air as I follow through, they are on their way down. Wherever the head goes, the body will follow, if it knows what is good for it.

I can't even watch the news now for all the dumbasses pissing me of with their big-talking efforts to get OTHER folks killed. The TV could suffer if I left it on the news too long. Don't get me wrong - sometimes, you gotta fight, but I don't see this as a situation that the US has any business doing ANYTHING about. Not our war, but the Talking Heads are trying to turn it thataway. And all that tall talkin' bullshit is just stirring the goddamned pot.

It the equivalent of begging someone to knock the chip off their shoulders, secure in the assumption that they can always throw someone else into their fight if their bullshit gets called out.

If the Ukraine is going to cut half,  my first thought were Germany with West and East sides.....checkpoint Charlie in Berlin . East part becoming like DDR was and STASI secret police controlling everything..

But it`s possible they take whole country, fucking bastards .

The mask are now off, no doubt anymore about Putin & Russia .....they are danger to World .