Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TOLERANCE
Quote: Tolerance

Canadian Jiggs McDonald, NHL Hall of Fame broadcaster, speaking in Ontario, says: "I am truly perplexed that so many of my friends are against another mosque being built in Toronto."

[b]"I think it should be the goal of every Canadian to be tolerant, regardless of their religious beliefs. Thus, the mosque should be allowed, in an effort to promote tolerance."

"That is why I also propose that two nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque; thereby promoting tolerance from within the mosque. We could call one of the clubs, which would be gay, The Turban Cowboy, and the other, a topless bar, would be called You Mecca Me Hot."

"Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork, and adjacent to that an open-pit barbecue pork restaurant, called Iraq of Ribs."

Across the street there could be a lingerie store called "Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret", with sexy mannequins in the window modeling the goods, and on the other side, a liquor store called Morehammered."

All of this would encourage Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us.
[/b]

(12-14-2021, 03:39 AM)727Sky Wrote:
Quote:[b]All of this would encourage Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us.[/b]

You don't realize that you are a bigoted person until you find yourself displeased with the idea of a construction of a building.

To have a visceral response to bricks and mortar, does not allow you the right to claim to be tolerant, forgiving, and free of biases and bigotry.

I know that I am a loving person. I know that I am a community advocate, and extremely generous. I also now know that I was not happy when I heard some investors had been in the area looking for land to build a mosque.

I guess I am not what I claim to be or once thought I was.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(12-14-2021, 04:29 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 03:39 AM)727Sky Wrote:
Quote:[b]All of this would encourage Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us.[/b]

You don't realize that you are a bigoted person until you find yourself displeased with the idea of a construction of a building.

To have a visceral response to bricks and mortar, does not allow you the right to claim to be tolerant, forgiving, and free of biases and bigotry.

I know that I am a loving person. I know that I am a community advocate, and extremely generous. I also now know that I was not happy when I heard some investors had been in the area looking for land to build a mosque.

I guess I am not what I claim to be or once thought I was.
It was after a year in Saudi Arabia that I decided if not wanting anything to do with Islam then call be bigoted.. Big bigoted anti Islam and several other things I can't spell !! hahahah And I have acquaintances who are head knockers who I play golf with and almost always take their money.. they are upper crust people who use the religion to control the ignorant masses. But I will stop here as I have no good words for Islam or the Mullahs enforcers.

I would like for some of the western women spend some time in a Muslim country especially Saudi Arabia !
Is it really "bigotry", or is it more along the lines of "self preservation", considering the fact that Islam leaves a path of destruction everywhere it goes.

Islam of today is like the murderous Catholicism of 400 years ago, in the days of the Inquisition. I have my doubts that Islam has the potential for advancement and enlightenment that the old Christians had to work their way through to step into the modern world.

One thing they have in common is a path of destruction and bodies everywhere they went/ go. To my mind, it's because they really don't have very much faith in their respective gods. Why would a real god need puny men to do his killing for him?

I don't know about y'all, but I'm not very tolerant of folks who want to blow me up because they perceive their god as too weak to do his own smiting...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-14-2021, 05:58 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Is it really "bigotry", or is it more along the lines of "self preservation", considering the fact that Islam leaves a path of destruction everywhere it goes.

Islam of today is like the murderous Catholicism of 400 years ago, in the days of the Inquisition. I have my doubts that Islam has the potential for advancement and enlightenment that the old Christians had to work their way through to step into the modern world.

One thing they have in common is a path of destruction and bodies everywhere they went/ go. To my mind, it's because they really don't have very much faith in their respective gods. Why would a real god need puny men to do his killing for him?

I don't know about y'all, but I'm not very tolerant of folks who want to blow me up because they perceive their god as too weak to do his own smiting...

It is not bigotry when your beliefs and response is due to personal knowledge and experience.

I cannot claim any of that. I have no personal knowledge of anyone that claims to belong to the religion of Islam.

The only Muslim I know is Muslim by name only. He is not religious, and breaks every rule of Islam. He was born in India, but has spent the majority of his life in America. If he had never shared that with me, I would never have known.

All the negative things that I feel about Islam, comes from what I have read, and I will admit that all the information learned so far, has come from sources that are one sided. I never researched it, because it had never been of interest to me.

The presence of a Mosque doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. I live in the middle of "Hold My Beer" country. Even the Jehovah Witnesses give our area a bit of a wide berth. To travel 20 to 30 miles into the middle of the woods to go to prayer, seems a bit odd.

They have to know that there will be trouble. If they set up a call to prayer tower, it will be full of more bullet holes than any sign we have out here.

The target shooting, the ATV's, the dirt bikes, and swamp buggies, are a regular nuisance, especially on the weekends. Those guys have torn down and removed every gate that the country has erected to keep them off of unoccupied private and public land. Even if they pay for full time, around the clock security to keep them off the property, they will manage to create problems.

So any how, since I have no valid excuse outside of my ignorance. I guess I would be placed in the bigot category. That does not mean I would be uncivil. I try to be pleasant and respectful, to all I meet. Anyway, how would I even know if they were Muslim unless they made a point of telling me?

• minusculebeercheers 

(12-14-2021, 07:37 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: It is not bigotry when your beliefs and response is due to personal knowledge and experience.

I cannot claim any of that. I have no personal knowledge of anyone that claims to belong to the religion of Islam.

The only Muslim I know is Muslim by name only. He is not religious, and breaks every rule of Islam. He was born in India, but has spent the majority of his life in America. If he had never shared that with me, I would never have known.

All the negative things that I feel about Islam, comes from what I have read, and I will admit that all the information learned so far, has come from sources that are one sided. I never researched it, because it had never been of interest to me.

The presence of a Mosque doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. I live in the middle of "Hold My Beer" country. Even the Jehovah Witnesses give our area a bit of a wide berth. To travel 20 to 30 miles into the middle of the woods to go to prayer, seems a bit odd.

They have to know that there will be trouble. If they set up a call to prayer tower, it will be full of more bullet holes than any sign we have out here.

The target shooting, the ATV's, the dirt bikes, and swamp buggies, are a regular nuisance, especially on the weekends. Those guys have torn down and removed every gate that the country has erected to keep them off of unoccupied private and public land. Even if they pay for full time, around the clock security to keep them off the property, they will manage to create problems.

So any how, since I have no valid excuse outside of my ignorance. I guess I would be placed in the bigot category. That does not mean I would be uncivil. I try to be pleasant and respectful, to all I meet. Anyway, how would I even know if they were Muslim unless they made a point of telling me?

So "bigotry" is now just defined as seeing the world through the lens of your own culture, rather than an alien one. Funny, but Muslims do the same thing.

I was a Muslim. Grace was a Muslim when I married her. Now, neither of us would trust a Muslim as far as we could throw him. If that is "bigotry", then sign me up.

Once upon a time, being a bigot meant you were wrong about something. That no longer seems to be the case. Welcome to the 21st century, where old words mean new things.

When them good ol' boys start shooting at the minarets, tell them to aim for the speakers rather than the Muezzins. the Muezzins are useless without the speaker amplification... and there is less jail time connected with just destroying the magnet in a speaker versus punching a hole through a pet Muezzin.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-16-2021, 07:42 AM)Ninurta Wrote: So "bigotry" is now just defined as seeing the world through the lens of your own culture, rather than an alien one. Funny, but Muslims do the same thing.

I was a Muslim. Grace was a Muslim when I married her. Now, neither of us would trust a Muslim as far as we could throw him. If that is "bigotry", then sign me up.

Once upon a time, being a bigot meant you were wrong about something. That no longer seems to be the case. Welcome to the 21st century, where old words mean new things.

When them good ol' boys start shooting at the minarets, tell them to aim for the speakers rather than the Muezzins. the Muezzins are useless without the speaker amplification... and there is less jail time connected with just destroying the magnet in a speaker versus punching a hole through a pet Muezzin.

Another advantage of the internet.

There are enough different dictionaries available on the internet that you can find the one that has the definition that suits your way of thinking, when it come to just about anything.

I don't know any Islam practicing Muslims. If I have ever known any, they have not shared that information with me.

It is not out of prejudice or bigotry that I have never socialized with Muslims, it is strictly due to where I have lived, how I have lived, that has probably prevented us from crossing paths, on a social level.

In my younger years, I was in the military, stateside. Even though I am a female, my social activities were no different than those of my male counterparts. None of which would make me friends with a good Muslim. Today, almost all of my socialization, outside of the internet, is spent in communal or church activities.

I do have a family member that was involved with a fellow that we learned much later, was supposed to be a Muslim, but he drank like a fish, and ate pork regularly, though you can't fault the man for liking ham and bacon. So I am pretty sure if he was a Muslim, he did not practice Islam.

I have a dear friend that was born and raised in India. She came here when she was in her early twenties. She grew up in an area that had a large Islamist population, but her family were Christians and they were viewed as odd.

She shared a funny story about how fate intervened in her life, because her parents were afraid that she would not be able to marry, because there were no Christian young men in the area where she lived. They took there concerns to the pastor of their church. The pastor told them he knew of a pastor in another region that had a son that they also were concerned about his finding a mate.

The son was away in America in medical school. He came home a brief time. They met and married. They have been happily married for almost 40 years. An amazingly beautiful couple, both inside and out. But I digress.

I have not avoided Muslims or Islamist. There just is not a large population of Muslims in the area where I live. We have a fair amount of Hispanics but they are still very much a minority. That does not mean we don't have other races and cultures, we do. This area was once the heart of KKK country. New cities are popping up yearly, the sleepy area where you could sleep in the middle of the road and only have to move two or three times in a 24 hour period, looks like rush hour every hour of the day and night.

With such a huge influx of people to the area, we have to accept the fact that more than the landscape will change. I am sure we will one day have a large enough population of people that practice the Islamist faith, that a mosque will one day be built.

As far as for our target shooting residents, I have enough trouble keeping them off my property. They have a poor understanding of boundaries, and even a poorer response to attempts of conversation and reason. I will let the sheriff deal with that.

I am pretty good at learning vicariously. I have no history to use in this area, but I will take your word on it. Until I have enough personal experience to go on.

minusculebeercheers

• minusculebeercheers