Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Germany Nuclear Shutdown
This is perfect example how crazy the green agenda is , both very crazy but also dangerous . Germany will shutdown 3 nuclear power plant end of 2021, and other 3 by 2022 ....that`s capacity of 8.54 gigawatts! tinybigeyes

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10416]

“Slow Disaster Playing Out” As Germany Moves To Shut Down 8.5 GW Of Baseload Nuclear Capacity

Have they completely lost their minds there ! If the weather is going for more colder as it is estimated, that would require more electricity in winter .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well, if they do that, then they'll have to fire up more coal burning generator plants, which could be good for business here, maybe open more coal mines back up to supply the increased demand. There is no way they can replace their nuclear with wind or solar, so that leaves coal as the only viable alternative.

It will be either coal, or starving and freezing to death for Germans if they abandon nuclear power.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(11-30-2021, 07:36 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Well, if they do that, then they'll have to fire up more coal burning generator plants, which could be good for business here, maybe open more coal mines back up to supply the increased demand. There is no way they can replace their nuclear with wind or solar, so that leaves coal as the only viable alternative.

It will be either coal, or starving and freezing to death for Germans if they abandon nuclear power.

Yeeh i did not thought that side, that other countrys could benefit by selling coal to Germany . 

I think if the winters are getting more cold next years, the wind turbines will be in big trouble , or not sure can they work much in more colder weather.

I thought the politicians agreed to limit coal use in Europe ? because , " global warming"
[Image: Facepalm.gif]
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
[Image: Facepalm.gif]
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
It will impact electricity generation.  That may have knock-on effects for heating (gas heaters need electricity to run, as do the pumps that move hot water through radiators).

The "heating challenge" will be to get enough natural gas to keep residences able to run heating (and not have it cost a lot more than it already does).

I've got a fireplace.  No electricity needed.  A lot of the house would be cold, but beats freezing to death.

But yeah, shutting off the nuke plants ... another knee-jerk decision of the chancellor who ran Germany into the ground in her 16 year time in office.

Speaking of cold, we got our first snowfall yesterday.  Didn't stick but the wind in the evening felt rather icy.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(12-01-2021, 08:54 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: It will impact electricity generation.  That may have knock-on effects for heating (gas heaters need electricity to run, as do the pumps that move hot water through radiators).

The "heating challenge" will be to get enough natural gas to keep residences able to run heating (and not have it cost a lot more than it already does).

I've got a fireplace.  No electricity needed.  A lot of the house would be cold, but beats freezing to death.

But yeah, shutting off the nuke plants ... another knee-jerk decision of the chancellor who ran Germany into the ground in her 16 year time in office.

Speaking of cold, we got our first snowfall yesterday.  Didn't stick but the wind in the evening felt rather icy.

Cheers

My gas heater needs electricity for the spark to light the pilot initially (unless I get really brave or desperate, and use a match), but once liit it's good to go, and has a pressure gas feed, It's the only thing that will keep me from freezing if the lights go out, because I already lit the pilot for the year.

They just filled my tank this morning, so I should be good to go for a bit. I've got woods all around me for firewood, but no wood heater. I should rectify that...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-01-2021, 08:54 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: It will impact electricity generation.  That may have knock-on effects for heating (gas heaters need electricity to run, as do the pumps that move hot water through radiators).

Cheers

Another thing that shutting the plants might effect is the price of electricity also outside Germany. I am not sure, but i think countrys buy electricity from other countrys all the time . Now if all the sudden there will be much less electricity on the market,  it can mean that the price go up.

Fireplace is good , add some nice alcohol and you good to go ....at least for staying warm tinywondering