Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alec Baldwin shoots and kills woman with a prop gun on a movie set
(10-24-2021, 06:04 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: The hokey explanation for the live ammunition is that the crew practiced target shooting in the desert as a recreational activity.

I find that hard to believe.  However, IF true, it is a huge violation of good sense.  The only people at the set with live ammo should have been their security personnel.  No other reason for a set to have live ammo, unless they needed a few rounds for some kind of special effect or whatever.  And in that case, there should have been strict protocols governing how the live ammo was stored and handled.

This case is either murder, or manslaughter with a high degree of culpability.

Cheers

Baldwin is rabidly and irrationally anti-gun, always has been even before this, and I just can't see "target shooting for recreation" as an activity that would be allowed on one of his sets.

So, it does seem pretty hokey to me as excuses go.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(10-24-2021, 06:46 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 06:04 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: The hokey explanation for the live ammunition is that the crew practiced target shooting in the desert as a recreational activity.

I find that hard to believe.  However, IF true, it is a huge violation of good sense.  The only people at the set with live ammo should have been their security personnel.  No other reason for a set to have live ammo, unless they needed a few rounds for some kind of special effect or whatever.  And in that case, there should have been strict protocols governing how the live ammo was stored and handled.

This case is either murder, or manslaughter with a high degree of culpability.

Cheers

Baldwin is rabidly and irrationally anti-gun, always has been even before this, and I just can't see "target shooting for recreation" as an activity that would be allowed on one of his sets.

So, it does seem pretty hokey to me as excuses go.

Or like most of the Rich people, it is No Guns for YOU (the unwashed, ignorant Little People) but it is Okay For Me.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(10-24-2021, 02:44 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 12:33 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: So he accidently shot somebody to death. Let's not judge, we've all been there. Heck, I've lost count of how many people I've accidently shot thinking I had blanks when I really had ball ammunition. Ah, the memories....

tinysurprised tinysurprised tinysurprised

What purpose would live ammo on the set serve? I cannot think of one. In the time of CGI and high speed special effects, why bother? Why take the insurance risk? In this case, who in their right mind would give a loaded firearm to some Hollywood numb-nuts?

Regardless of what kind of round it was - and there can certainly be a valid case made for not having live ammo on a play-acting set - what was he doing pointing the weapon at directors and pulling the trigger? They would never be in the final cut of the film, as they are not actors, so what the hell was he doing, and why?

Guns are not something to be played with, and must be considered ALWAYS loaded with deadly live ammo... but a communist-oriented gun-grabber would not know that, I suppose, on account of their gun phobias, and lack of education in the matter.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - ("General Introduction to Psychoanalysis," S. Freud)

When folks are irrationally afraid of a thing, and can't be assed to get educated about it due to that phobia, I reckon this is the sort of thing that can be occasionally expected from them.

100% agree. Rule #1. 

Yet, the woke mob is already circling the wagons. Pathetic. Someone is dead and someone is injured through multiple layers of negligence. And they are excusing it all because it's a member of the home team.
(10-24-2021, 08:24 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: 100% agree. Rule #1. 

Yet, the woke mob is already circling the wagons. Pathetic. Someone is dead and someone is injured through multiple layers of negligence. And they are excusing it all because it's a member of the home team.

I think it might be a good idea to mandate a 6 week course in firearms safety for any folks fearful enough to try to have them banned, as it is clear they know nothing about the subject at all... and ignorance can be deadly, as this incident illustrates.

I mean, as long as we are "mandating" stuff, that's a mandate I could live with. Make an anti-gun comment on Fakebook, get mandated a 6 week education in what real "gun control" is in a boot-camp-like setting! The life you save may be your cinematography directors!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Manslaughter ?

Federal Prosecutor Drops Bombshell: Alec Baldwin Could Face Prison Time For Manslaughter After Shooting On Set
(10-24-2021, 10:37 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 08:24 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: 100% agree. Rule #1. 

I think it might be a good idea to mandate a 6 week course in firearms safety for any folks fearful enough to try to have them banned, as it is clear they know nothing about the subject at all... and ignorance can be deadly, as this incident illustrates.

I mean, as long as we are "mandating" stuff, that's a mandate I could live with. Make an anti-gun comment on Fakebook, get mandated a 6 week education in what real "gun control" is in a boot-camp-like setting! The life you save may be your cinematography directors!

Great point. As long as we are swimming in government down our throats, might as well have something of value.

Back in the day they used to do gun safety in the schools. Even if you never touched a firearm again, at least you got the training.
It has been mentioned on "the other site" that.... 

...and you're gonna LOVE this!

from A-T-S: source
Quote:the husband of Halyna Hutchins, the cinematographer who was fatally shot by actor Alec Baldwin with a prop gun on Thursday, is a corporate lawyer in Latham & Watkins' Los Angeles office

(*His name is Matt Hutchins.)

Latham & Watkins is the Law Firm who represented Hillary Clinton's campaign during the 2016 US presidential election!!
YUP!

And...
from ABC News: source
Quote:A lawyer whose firm represented Hillary Clinton's campaign during the 2016 presidential election was indicted Thursday by special counsel John Durham on a single charge of making a false statement to the FBI.

So, the law firm of Latham & Watkins, who employed Matt Hutchins (husband of the deceased woman) is currently being investigated by Special Counsel John Durham...

Durham was appointed by former Attorney General William Barr in May 2019 to investigate allegations of misconduct by members of the FBI and the intelligence community in their investigation of potential ties between Russia and former President Donald Trump's 2016 campaign for the presidency.

So... what if Mr Hutchins perhaps had some information that might be "useful" to Special Counsel John Durham... and someone wanted to send him a "message" to remind him to keep schtum??

tinysurprised
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(10-25-2021, 09:01 PM)gordi Wrote: So... what if Mr Hutchins perhaps had some information that might be "useful" to Special Counsel John Durham... and someone wanted to send him a "message" to remind him to keep schtum??

tinysurprised

Neat theory. Everyone is different, so some may back down and go dark, but if it were me and someone tried to "send a message" to me by killing my wife, I'd blow their boat entirely out of the water, then set about killing every living thing they ever loved, from relatives right on down to their pets. I would completely erase their DNA from the gene pool.

But, Like I said, everyone is different, and some may back down and go dark. Perhaps Mr. Hutchins is one of those.

A lot of things had to happen, and not happen, for a live round to even make it onto the set.  They don't even use live rounds when they need real-looking bullets in certain shots.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]