Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bill Cosby sentenced to 3 to 10 years in state prison
Well, knock me over with a feather!  I thought these Hollywood so called 'elites' were above the law?  At least, they thought they were.

Happy to see some real justice being administered to the higher-ups.  
I bet this has the rest of the perverts shaking in their boots.   tinysure

[Image: 599fbe70-c0cd-11e8-9512-bf82dd88bb2d_cosbyAP.jpg.cf.jpg]

Quote:Bill Cosby was sentenced on Tuesday to three to 10 years in state prison for the sexual assault of Andrea Constand.

Judge Steven T. O’Neill rendered the decision Tuesday, the second day of the sentencing hearing at the Montgomery County Courthouse in Norristown, Pa., saying, “I’m not permitted to treat him any differently based on who he is or who he was.” O’Neill also ruled that Cosby is a “sexually violent predator” and fined him $25,000.

The sentence means that Cosby, once known as “America’s Dad,” will spend at least three years behind bars and then will become eligible for supervised release, although that’s not guaranteed. According to journalist Bobby Allyn, who was in the courtroom, the judge will not grant bail, and the comedian is expected to be taken away to a cell shortly.

Cosby, 81, was convicted in April on three counts of felony aggravated indecent assault. While they had the potential to carry a 30-year sentence — 10 years per count — O’Neill said Monday, and the district attorney and defense attorney agreed, that the counts would be merged into just one. State guidelines recommend between one and four years for a single count. (The D.A. requested the maximum sentence while Cosby’s legal team argued for leniency, given his age and frailty, including his blindness.)
The disgraced Cosby Show star arrived at court on Tuesday morning with a smile on his face as he walked in alongside his legal team and handlers. His wife since 1964, Camille Cosby, opted not to attend again. He chose not to make a statement when the judge asked if he had anything to say.

According to Philadelphia Inquirer reporter Laura McCrystal, more than a half dozen Cosby accusers — of which there are approximately 60 — were in the courtroom along with Constand, a former Temple University employee, for the sentencing.
Day two also saw a psychologist, who was an expert witness for the defense, testify as to whether Cosby should be labeled a “sexually violent predator.” (Prosecutors had called their witness on Monday.) Timothy Foley told the court that the risk of sex offenders reoffending after age 70 is “virtually negligible.” Cosby’s lawyer suggested that he hasn’t “acted out” in more than five years. Judge O’Neill’s ruling of the classification means that Cosby must undergo counseling for the rest of his life and report quarterly to authorities. His name will appear on a sex-offender registry sent to neighbors, schools, and victims, according to the AP.

Constand’s victim impact letter was shared with the court. She said that the “psychological, emotional, and financial bullying included a slander campaign in the media that left my entire family reeling in shock and disbelief.”
Yeah, I would've thought a Liberal Judge would explained to the public that considering
Cosby's work being is seen as a a motivational and aspiring act, he'd get a slap on the
wrist!

Maybe things are changing.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
You have to remember, Cosby is and always has been a Republican, Big supporter of Reagan.

He hated Blacks that played the System and Refused to get an Education.

What he did, was wrong, that is true, but how many of those women were actually telling the truth?
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(09-27-2018, 08:29 PM)guohua Wrote: You have to remember, Cosby is and always has been a Republican, Big supporter of Reagan.

He hated Blacks that played the System and Refused to get an Education.

What he did, was wrong, that is true, but how many of those women were actually telling the truth?

I understand, but like any person finding themselves in a position of power (and Hollywood has plenty
of it!)... he took the moral-decision to do what he did and has been held accountable for it.

At least some of his earlier work may have had a positive effect on those growing up in those years.
From what I've seen on social media, people are identifying him as being the character he played on t.v.  They see him as America's Dad. It's hard for them to accept that he might not be that person in REAL life.  

I think he's guilty. If he was innocent he could have won his case, especially with all that money.  I'm happy to see sexual predators get what they deserve, no matter who they are.
BUMP, BUMP..
After about three years they finally figured out the Judge and Prosecutor were Corrupt!  tinysure

Was Cosby guilty?
But because of a Hung Jury the Judge allowed the Prosecutor to bring in 5 more women he had waiting.

Quote:The trial judge had allowed just one other accuser to testify at Cosby's first trial when the jury deadlocked.

However, he then allowed five other accusers to testify at the retrial about their experiences with Cosby in the 1980s.
From the 1980's,,,,,,,,,,, Please that was 20 years ago as the trial started, Damn good memories.
Quote:BILL Cosby is set to be released from prison after his sexual assault conviction was overturned on Wednesday due to an "unfair trial," and despite the comedian still being considered a "risk."
Still a Risk,,,,, to whom, he is in his 80's now.
Quote:Bill Cosby to be released from prison after Pa. Supreme Court overturns sexual assault conviction
The 83-year-old comedian has served more than two years of a three-to-10 year sentence in a state prison in Montgomery County.

Source
[url=https://www.inquirer.com/news/bill-cosby-conviction-overturned-appeal-andrea-constand-20210630.html][/url]
[Image: sub-buzz-894-1625075044-8.jpg?downsize=7...ormat=auto]
He was denied Parole because he Refused to Admit his Guilt.
What if he wasn't Guilty, had nothing to admit too.
More than likely his defense team told him Never to Admit to anything.
I think this news article will upset a lot of us.

Quote:Bill Cosby Reportedly Wants To Be Compensated For His Time Behind Bars
tinysurprised What did the women get, yes the women he did actually sexually assault.

Quote:Cosby’s representative, Andrew Wyatt, told NewsNation Now, ““Mr. Cosby was given an unwanted two-year and ten-month vacation that he never ask for. His constitutional rights were abolished, his due process was stripped away from him.”

Wyatt continued, “He’s due millions and millions of dollars. As Mr. Cosby said to me today, ‘I feel that this district attorney and Judge Steven O’Neill and Kevin Steele [Montgomery County district attorney] should resign effective immediately.”
Source
(07-16-2021, 06:07 PM)guohua Wrote: I think this news article will upset a lot of us.

Quote:Bill Cosby Reportedly Wants To Be Compensated For His Time Behind Bars
tinysurprised What did the women get, yes the women he did actually sexually assault.

Quote:Cosby’s representative, Andrew Wyatt, told NewsNation Now, ““Mr. Cosby was given an unwanted two-year and ten-month vacation that he never ask for. His constitutional rights were abolished, his due process was stripped away from him.”

Wyatt continued, “He’s due millions and millions of dollars. As Mr. Cosby said to me today, ‘I feel that this district attorney and Judge Steven O’Neill and Kevin Steele [Montgomery County district attorney] should resign effective immediately.”
Source

What? He didn't put some of his millions away in a safe place, so now he wants to dip his hands into the tax payer's pockets?  
This should piss a lot of people off, especially those women he assaulted.
(09-25-2018, 08:52 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Well, knock me over with a feather!  I thought these Hollywood so called 'elites' were above the law?  At least, they thought they were.

Happy to see some real justice being administered to the higher-ups.  
I bet this has the rest of the perverts shaking in their boots.   tinysure

[Image: 599fbe70-c0cd-11e8-9512-bf82dd88bb2d_cosbyAP.jpg.cf.jpg]

Quote:Bill Cosby was sentenced on Tuesday to three to 10 years in state prison for the sexual assault of Andrea Constand.

Judge Steven T. O’Neill rendered the decision Tuesday, the second day of the sentencing hearing at the Montgomery County Courthouse in Norristown, Pa., saying, “I’m not permitted to treat him any differently based on who he is or who he was.” O’Neill also ruled that Cosby is a “sexually violent predator” and fined him $25,000.

The sentence means that Cosby, once known as “America’s Dad,” will spend at least three years behind bars and then will become eligible for supervised release, although that’s not guaranteed. According to journalist Bobby Allyn, who was in the courtroom, the judge will not grant bail, and the comedian is expected to be taken away to a cell shortly.

Cosby, 81, was convicted in April on three counts of felony aggravated indecent assault. While they had the potential to carry a 30-year sentence — 10 years per count — O’Neill said Monday, and the district attorney and defense attorney agreed, that the counts would be merged into just one. State guidelines recommend between one and four years for a single count. (The D.A. requested the maximum sentence while Cosby’s legal team argued for leniency, given his age and frailty, including his blindness.)
The disgraced Cosby Show star arrived at court on Tuesday morning with a smile on his face as he walked in alongside his legal team and handlers. His wife since 1964, Camille Cosby, opted not to attend again. He chose not to make a statement when the judge asked if he had anything to say.

According to Philadelphia Inquirer reporter Laura McCrystal, more than a half dozen Cosby accusers — of which there are approximately 60 — were in the courtroom along with Constand, a former Temple University employee, for the sentencing.
Day two also saw a psychologist, who was an expert witness for the defense, testify as to whether Cosby should be labeled a “sexually violent predator.” (Prosecutors had called their witness on Monday.) Timothy Foley told the court that the risk of sex offenders reoffending after age 70 is “virtually negligible.” Cosby’s lawyer suggested that he hasn’t “acted out” in more than five years. Judge O’Neill’s ruling of the classification means that Cosby must undergo counseling for the rest of his life and report quarterly to authorities. His name will appear on a sex-offender registry sent to neighbors, schools, and victims, according to the AP.

Constand’s victim impact letter was shared with the court. She said that the “psychological, emotional, and financial bullying included a slander campaign in the media that left my entire family reeling in shock and disbelief.”
I swear Bill Cosby is in prison every other year he is released. LMAO, apparently he wants to stay there so let him.

But he is far from what people would consider elite.  This guy has spent at least half his life now behind bars. 

If you ask me, he purposely wanted to get away from the elite(probably death threats) and has willingly trashed his entire life.  Because it's been a repeated occurance.

So I am guessing, what he knows is far scarier then anything he faces in a prison cell.

But if you actually look at his history, this guy has had more lawsuits, court hearings for pedophilia then MJ. But chances are he will be just like MJ and be targeted for sexual abuse til the day he dies.. guilty or not.

Simply because once a celebrity/rich person has been charged and "found guilty", it's more likely for repeated convictions to occur due to past convictions.  Even if they are innocent the second, third and forth time.

Sadly, it's the problem with our judicial system. Which is why it is so hard to have a real conviction hold on anyone that is rich. Because it is well known, that the rest of their lives they will forever be a target for those looking for fame or money - guilty or otherwise.

This is also the case with regular people, that once the rep is applied to you. You are forever tied to past convictions, even if you were innocent. So most "innocent" that get convicted wind up just giving up, and no longer bothering to fight it.

His guilt or innocence at this point would literally depends on how he responds to these allocations and how he presents himself. He knows that any accusations are likely to lead to another guilty verdict. I just hope people at his hearing take his demeanor into account since he was convicted once already. Because that alone will tell you if he is guilty or innocent now. It just depends on if they are paying attention or have other motives.

But realistically his life and freedom was over the minute he was convicted. Doesn't matter what he is accused of now being in the public eye.
(03-27-2022, 02:18 AM)Ghost Wrote: I swear Bill Cosby is in prison every other year he is released. LMAO, apparently he wants to stay there so let him.

Not defending the POS, but his life and carrier is documented in very fine detail.
Going to prison other than the 2018 sexual harassment conviction, isn't part of it. He was accused by many through the years but never convicted or even charged. 

In fact he had a really decent reputation and received all kinds of reward and honors from many different industries and charities for most of it, except some other black entertainers didn't care for him to much. Eddie Murphy was complaining to Richard Pryor about Cosby giving him sh@@ about his portrayal of black folks and ( guess I'll say N word cause it might offend some) calling them Na's all the time.

Richard told Eddie to tell that jello pudding eating motherfucker to shut the fuck up.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(03-27-2022, 03:17 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(03-27-2022, 02:18 AM)Ghost Wrote: I swear Bill Cosby is in prison every other year he is released. LMAO, apparently he wants to stay there so let him.

Not defending the POS, but his life and carrier is documented in very fine detail.
Going to prison other than the 2018 sexual harassment conviction, isn't part of it. He was accused by many through the years but never convicted or even charged. 

In fact he had a really decent reputation and received all kinds of reward and honors from many different industries and charities  for most of it, except some other black entertainers didn't care for him to much. Eddie Murphy was complaining to Richard Pryor about Cosby giving him sh@@ about his portrayal of black folks and ( guess I'll say N word cause it might offend some) calling them Na's all the time.

Richard told Eddie to tell that jello pudding eating motherfucker to shut the fuck up.

LMAO, pudding Poppin it in prison hahaha..  but yeah he was convicted once chances are he will be convicted again. Doesn't matter who the judge or jury was. 

But IMHO, I like Morgan Freeman better.  Cause any time he does something good he gets a other freckle. Outside of a few movies he doesn't seem to crave attention like the other guys.
GOOD.

SELF ENTITLED SICK BASTARD.
I still don't understand why the Kamikaze pilots wore helmets!
Back in the saddle again. Odd... @"Rodinus" commented 'entitled' and Billy Cosby's lawyers said the same thing!
tinyhuh

Quote:Bill Cosby 'pounced' on teen in Playboy Mansion

'Less than a year after his sex assault conviction was thrown out and he walked free from prison, comedian Bill Cosby is facing another allegation
in court. Mr Cosby, 85, is embroiled in a civil lawsuit over a claim he sexually assaulted Judy Huth, now 64, at the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles
in 1975. The case is one of the last remaining legal actions against Mr Cosby, who has faced numerous abuse claims.
He has denied any assault took place, and is not expected to testify.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11488]
Mr Cosby, the alleged 'Pouncer'.

According to a lawsuit filed by Ms Huth in 2014, the incident took place when she was 16 years old, days after she met Mr Cosby at a park near
Los Angeles where he was shooting a film. After giving her alcohol "as part of a game", Mr Cosby took her to the Playboy Mansion, she says.
There, Ms Huth claims Mr Cosby took her to a bedroom and forced her to perform a sex act.

During opening statements at the court in Santa Monica, California, on Wednesday, a lawyer for Ms Huth said the comedian "has a sense of
entitlement, and no fear"
. Nathan Goldberg said Mr Cosby had "pounced" on his client and she suffered from serious anxiety after the incident.

When other women came forward with stories of their abuse at the hands of Mr Cosby, "it was like a cork popped out of the bottle and all of her
buried feelings rushed to the surface", Mr Goldberg added. While Mr Cosby's attorneys have acknowledged he met Ms Huth and went to the Playboy
Mansion with her, they deny any assault took place. They also claim Ms Huth was 18, not 16. They also question why the accuser stayed on for hours
at the mansion after the alleged incident, watching a film and swimming in the pool.

Defence lawyer Jennifer Bonjean dismissed Ms Huth's case as a "fabrication", questioning why she and a friend had preserved photos from the visit
as "mementos" of an alleged sexual assault. Mr Cosby is not required to attend the court proceedings, and is not expected to do so. His attorneys
have previously said he has gone blind as a result of glaucoma. He did, however, give a video deposition.

Once known to millions as "America's Dad", Mr Cosby has faced dozens of accusations of sexual assault, misconduct and rape stretching back to the
mid-1960s. In 2018, he was convicted of drugging and molesting a woman at his home in 2004 and sentenced to three to 10 years in prison.
The conviction, however, was overturned by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court last year. He was released from prison after serving nearly three years.
BBC:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)