Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
North Carolina Police No longer Responding*
Asheville Police Department will no longer respond to "low level crimes". This includes trespassing, theft, shoplifting, etc. 

84 officers have left the force in the last 16 months. I am guessing the replacement rate is no where near that. 

What is the city doing about it? Well, buy gum, they are all over it. They are looking into means! Other departments handling the problems. I guess Animal Control can cover burglaries and such. Parks and Rec can look into car jackings and what-not. 

Utter horse manure. Instead of supporting their police force with better training and management, Asheville (like so many other places) let the "Defund the Police" garbage fester. Social workers can handle these issues! BLM! ANTIFA!

OK. Fine. Where are the teams of social workers then? Nowhere to be found. Why? Because it was all garbage talk. No one was really expecting the consequences of their police bashing. It was simply a ploy to weaken the nation. And it appears the chickens have come home to roost in North Carolina. But crime is real and everybody sees it. 

So now they have to the goal posts instead of doing what they declared was the "common sense approach". Theft is now a low level crime. No need to worry about. Any idea where this leads? Let me guess. 

- Increased crime rates because the police ain't showing up. 
- Citizens not feeling safe so they take matters into their own hands. Normally I support this but the legal climate in the US today targets these people. 
- Today theft is no big deal. Tomorrow they will have to add to the list. This is a trajectory. A dynamic set of events. 
- Create boogie men to distract. So far pseudo-epidemics and faux-supremacists' movements have been the offering. Can't wait to see what's next. 
- A Federal Police Force? I guess defund the police except if they are Feds. Problem/Reaction/Solution blah-blah-blah

Source:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/theres-no-quick-fix-asheville-police-chief-zack-talks-about-apd-cutting-back-response/ar-AAKGGhz
[url=https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/theres-no-quick-fix-asheville-police-chief-zack-talks-about-apd-cutting-back-response/ar-AAKGGhz][/url]
Asheville isn't that far away from me, maybe 1.5 hours drive, if that much. I've been there many times. I never realized it was such a liberal city until just recently. But then, I wasn't paying attention to politics back then. 

Oh well, they made their bed, let them lie in it. This is what they voted for. So happy they got it.   tinysure
(06-08-2021, 04:09 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Asheville isn't that far away from me, maybe 1.5 hours drive, if that much. I've been there many times. I never realized it was such a liberal city until just recently. But then, I wasn't paying attention to politics back then. 

Oh well, they made their bed, let them lie in it. This is what they voted for. So happy they got it.   tinysure

Asheville is a college town, so, yeah, Liberal like Karl Marx. Kinda sorta in the same basket as Charlottesville.

I have to wonder - would they at least send an investigator out if, for instance, a trespasser on my place just vanishes? You know, just disappears, falls right off the face of the Earth, never to be seen or heard from again?

D'ye reckon they'd at least send an investigator out to ask if I've seen him? I mean, you know, I haven't - I was asleep that day - but it would be nice to at least be asked...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Quote:Asheville is a college town

Factoid about large universities in the USA.  Many of them have their -own- police department.

https://police.unca.edu/

tinysure

Hmm.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Open or concealed carry, no license or registration, no age limit, then beef up self defense laws to make it easy to get off of any possible murder charges. A true citizen's police force like the 2nd amendment calls for, that's the ticket.
(06-08-2021, 06:46 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote:

Factoid about large universities in the USA.  Many of them have their -own- police department.

tinysure

Hmm.

Cheers

I think most of them do, in the US at least. One of my run-ins with jail was due to a campus cop at the University of North Carolina. What a weenie he was! I'd have probably been ok if I'd just kept my mouth shut, but me being me, I could not help myself responding to his bullshit tales. He was bragging about having had guns pulled on him before, and I let it slide for a while, but when it got too deep I cut him off, told him I was willing to bet he had not been a cop for longer than 6 months, and that I was sure if anyone EVER pulled a gun on him he would piss all over himself. Next thing you know, I had some pretty, stylish bracelets!  tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing

He'd have been in a world of hurt had I been of a mind to contest the cuffing, but I let that slide so I could make him look like an idiot in court, which I did. The judge threw it out of court and told the cop he needed some remedial cop training.

I even attended a community college with it's own police force. Only two officers, but a police force all the same.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-08-2021, 06:46 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote:

tinysure

Hmm.

Cheers

Yes they do, and because of my job, we butt heads on a regular basis.

I have never had a case where I could not work it out, with a little educating from my side, but it can be very frustrating, and far more complex than I would like.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

O heck, this morning around 9:00 am there was a car smash-up, not Bad, but bad enough. There was a firetruck and two Sheriffs and five city-cops. no one even directing traffic through the mess Cheraw South Carolina. Today about six hours ago. The local cops? Well my friend cop, Tim in North Carolina said nothing as we visited. But mostly we talked about Miss Elenore, his moms brothers wife. Very old, very loved. We want her to live forever,ie. Love So anyways, where I live, the very south and not too distant from the 'triangle', West of the triangle, 3-4 miles from South Carolina. We aren't the big cities though. And there's no shortage of career criminals, mostly opportunistic, always looking over their shoulders, all around, hoodies. You know the profile. Among other states ? Well I'd say it's not too bad that is, in the perceived security. But if you want, safe, then it cost. Ample cop personnel, available tech  and incentives to be a cop. And personally, I like podunk town cops and visnit-nin with them. Their not bad guys, and just wish for a normal life, while providing one for you. Just like you and me...

Ashville is a kind-of sucky heady  town. There are lots of K&K & nimbys. Majorly liberal progressive, mostly bs, looking for fame people from somewhere else, A Lot of Italian NYers refugees, bringing their liberal trash, they moved to get away from. That will never end.

So back to the lack of Law enforcement Officers, now that is a busy topic. Little time off for them now and hoping for improvement. I don't see alot of change,  Maybe Raleigh or Salem or Durham or a big city has the problems.. They have been laying low, so not much as they the media would like us to believe. But to dissolve and reduce an already overtaxed group of employees, Cops, why that is absurd. No successes will come from reducing their size. Much of the bidenworks will Fail. Simply tit for tat Republican response and getting even. I'v seen roadies wound tight in traffic, but no blows. Our Traffic moves pretty rapidly compared to many other states. ESPecially north of here, above the state line things get a bit vacant... Be on your toes.  DC and Maryland and up there traffic...... I did it years ago driving a car for my Brother starting at the NSA glass cube parking lot.  Yea, I'd suggest avoiding north of the NC state line.
(06-09-2021, 07:38 PM)PLOTUS Wrote:  So anyways, where I live, the very south and not too distant from the 'triangle', West of the triangle, 3-4 miles from South Carolina. We aren't the big cities though. And there's no shortage of career criminals, mostly opportunistic, always looking over their shoulders, all around, hoodies. You know the profile.

The only Triangle I know there is the Research Triangle, but that can't be the one you are referring to, as it is north.

Quote:Among other states ? Well I'd say it's not too bad that is, in the perceived security. But if you want, safe, then it cost. Ample cop personnel, available tech  and incentives to be a cop. And personally, I like podunk town cops and visnit-nin with them. Their not bad guys, and just wish for a normal life, while providing one for you. Just like you and me... 

Which is one of the reasons I moved back to the small town south. Some places did used to have corrupt cops, but they got fewer and fewer until they all virtually disappeared. If Antifa and BLM weren't so busy trying to destroy the country, they'd have time to ask us how we accomplished that - but that is not really what they are after, it's just their public front.

Quote:Ashville is a kind-of sucky heady  town. There are lots of K&K & nimbys. Majorly liberal progressive, mostly bs, looking for fame people from somewhere else, A Lot of Italian NYers refugees, bringing their liberal trash, they moved to get away from. That will never end.

And that is where they made their mistake - allowing too many Yankees in. Same thing for the Raleigh-Durham-Greensboro-Winston-Salem strip in the north of the state. They destroyed that area, and will destroy the entire state if left unchecked. At the beginning of the covid hoax, we had a crap ton of New Yorkers try to flee NY and come here to our little backwoods paradise, too. We actually turned them back at the county line, told them we didn't care where they went, but they weren't coming here. Buchanan County had a park with rentable cabins on top of the mountain, about a mile from where I lived at the time, and the Yankees aimed to rent those cabins in their attempted Escape From New York. So we met them at county line and told them nope, closed for business on account of the covid, so move on. Then the county board passed an ordinance that was worded to keep Yankee refugees out.

We don't need no furriners wrecking OUR area like the did parts of NC, and have done to parts of VA east and north of here. They wouldn't last as long as lightning on a limb here anyhow. We are a very different people, with a very different culture that I am confident they would not celebrate the diversity of. I lived in Greensboro during the Yankee invasion there, and saw what they did to that area. Not gonna happen here... but folks have been telling me lately that they are still trying. That is not gonna work out well for them.

Quote:So back to the lack of Law enforcement Officers, now that is a busy topic. Little time off for them now and hoping for improvement. I don't see alot of change,  Maybe Raleigh or Salem or Durham or a big city has the problems.. They have been laying low, so not much as they the media would like us to believe. But to dissolve and reduce an already overtaxed group of employees, Cops, why that is absurd. No successes will come from reducing their size. Much of the bidenworks will Fail. Simply tit for tat Republican response and getting even. I'v seen roadies wound tight in traffic, but no blows. Our Traffic moves pretty rapidly compared to many other states. ESPecially north of here, above the state line things get a bit vacant... Be on your toes.  DC and Maryland and up there traffic...... I did it years ago driving a car for my Brother starting at the NSA glass cube parking lot.  Yea, I'd suggest avoiding north of the NC state line.

That depends on what part of "north of the NC state line" one is referring to.

Richmond, DC, Norfolk, Northern VA, and MD I agree. The I-95 corridor is already shot all to hell. They are lost to an occupying invasion force. West of Roanoke and to the northward, in WV, sanity still reigns for the most part. Richmond mostly leaves us alone. There has been a saying here for years now that Richmond thinks VA ends at Roanoke, and we have been pretty much on our own for generations now. That may be about to change. I went back up to Buchanan County for a couple hours Monday, and saw more State Troopers per square foot there than I have seen anywhere else in the state. Not enough if those folks up there decide to play rough as they occasionally do, but still a higher concentration than elsewhere.

I-81 appears to be the dividing line between Free Virginia and Occupied Virginia, but there are State Trooper invasion forces infesting themselves into Buchanan County. Not enough to make a difference, though. There are not enough troopers in the employ of the state, not even if they pulled all of the troopers from the entire rest of the state, to make a difference if those folks decide to get rowdy. I ran the numbers for a combined state police-national guard invasion force back when they were threatening to put us down during the Great Second Amendment Revolt of 2020, because I lived in Buchanan County back then. They simply do not have enough numbers, even if none of them deserted over divided loyalties.

West Virginia passed a law in the spring of 2020 that we can leave VA at any time we like and join WV. I personally think that is the way to go, since our culture is much closer to theirs than it is to the eastern VA culture. Richmond, like DC, ain't done nothin' for me lately - not since the Marxists started taking those places over.

Pretty good of y'all from down that way replying. I appreciate the insight. 

Spent a lot of time at Ft. Bragg, Ft. Jackson, and Ft. Belvoir but that's it for me down that way.
(06-09-2021, 10:39 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Pretty good of y'all from down that way replying. I appreciate the insight. 

Spent a lot of time at Ft. Bragg, Ft. Jackson, and Ft. Belvoir but that's it for me down that way.

I was just north of Bragg, and PLOTUS is south of it - we had ya surrounded!  tinylaughing

Camp Mackall was the last place I went to to apply for a contract, in 2009, in that case to assist training SF troopers during Robin Sage exercises. That gig paid 300 bucks a day for 13 days straight in the field, 24/7, then time off to spend it, 11 times a year summer or winter, rain or shine.

(06-09-2021, 11:08 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 10:39 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Pretty good of y'all from down that way replying. I appreciate the insight. 

I was just north of Bragg, and PLOTUS is south of it - we had ya surrounded!  tinylaughing

Camp Mackall was the last place I went to to apply for a contract, in 2009, in that case to assist training SF troopers during Robin Sage exercises. That gig paid 300 bucks a day for 13 days straight in the field, 24/7, then time off to spend it, 11 times a year summer or winter, rain or shine.

Camp Mackall was my first DZ at Bragg. That sounds like a pretty good gig. I would do it for $300.
(06-10-2021, 12:51 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Camp Mackall was my first DZ at Bragg. That sounds like a pretty good gig. I would do it for $300.

It had it's downsides. Contract work, so no insurance, and if you left the field for any reason at all during that 13 day stretch, you got no pay for any of the days you were in the field. It was all or none. So if you got snake bit or spider bit, you were on your own, and if you went to a hospital over it, no pay for any of it. had to provide your own weapons, too, but that's kinda normal in contract work.

Come to think of it, it was kinda like fighting a guerrilla war for real, except that in a real war they don't use blanks.