Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Here Comes Federal Reparations - They're Buttering-up the Bread as We Speak
Big Grin 
Get ready folks, Federal Reparations are on the way !! minusculehello

With some local governments already starting and some States "thinking" about Reparations, now we have a Biden advisor planting seeds and buttering up the bread !!

Don't know where this will take the U.S. economy, but something sinister is behind the whole Democrat plan (always is).

What do you think the plan is ?

What will the Economy look like ?

Is this really a Social/Society "Equalizer" or not ?

Will this give people a false (and dangerous) sense of "emboldenment" ?

[Image: YinYang1.gif]
Quote:“We have to start breaking down systemic racism," senior White House adviser Cedric Richmond said.

White House senior adviser Cedric Richmond says it's "doable" for the Biden administration to make first-term progress on racial equality, while Congress studies reparations for slavery.

"We have to start breaking down systemic racism and barriers that have held people of color back and especially African-Americans," Richmond said in an Axios interview aired Sunday on HBO.

Richmond’s remarks come after President Biden voiced support to the House’s attempt to create a commission on reparations.

LINK-->  Top Biden adviser Richmond suggests White House will move on reparations without Congress

[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]
They need to give them 10 acres and a bulldog instead of 40 acres and a mule. Inflation since 1865 when that promise was made by some military flack in South Carolina, y'know? Either that, or an amount of land price-adjusted for the intervening time and taking land values then and now into consideration.

An alternative is to divide up the 40 acres any slaves then living would have gotten among all of their living descendants, and give each descendant an equal share of the original 40 acres. For example, my Confederate cavalry great great grand pa has about 400 living descendants, so each of us would get around 1/10th of an acre. Deduct a proportional amount for any white ancestors they may have had.

The only land the feds own is in National parks and military bases, and I'm good with them giving wilderness park land to any former slaves still living among us who were given that promise. Since it came from a military commander of an occupied area, I'm even good with all the land given them coming off military bases. Just burn the bases to the ground, and give 'em the land that is left. And a bulldog, to pull the plow. The military is becoming more useless with each passing day, anyhow. They don't need a base for their diversity training - a simple classroom will do.

So give them their price adjusted land in the wilderness, and let's see what they can make of it in this day and age, given the skills they currently possess or have managed to keep alive.

Wipe our hands of the matter, and call it a day.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

It's pandering and buying support. Plain and simple. 

PITA POV Rant follows. You have been warned. 

In the spirit of cooperation, I have been waiting to hear a solid argument supporting reparations 150+ years after slavery ended. I am willing to hear it out. 

There is the discussion how Japanese-Americans received reparations for interment during WWII. It's true, they did. It only took almost 50 years to materialize but they got around $20,000 each. Those who were still alive of course. How they came up with that amount is difficult to pin down. How do you quantify what is lost from a life while locked up? In the end it seems it was more a symbolic gesture. 

But those who were held under slavery 150+ years ago received nothing. 

If we are using the JA example, the time for reparations would have been around 1910. There were probably quite a few people alive who were slaves, probably as children or young adults. There were probably still some former slave owners or those who directly benefited from slavery, alive in 1910. Of course, we know no reparations happened. 

Today, none of these circumstances exist. We are generations separated from the slavery era. But we return to the question of how do we quantify the impact of slavery on people 150 years removed from the events? How long do historical reverberations last? There were many AA in the US who were not slaves. How do we separate their descendants from those of the actually enslaved who may deserve some kind of gesture?

And who pays? To be just, we would need to find the descendants of slave owners or those who directly benefited from slavery for compensation. True, it was legal in many states at the time so maybe those states should pay. But "states" are "taxpayers". Most of those taxpayers had nothing to do with slavery. And we are back at the same point again. 

Maybe it's the gesture and the acknowledgement that is important? Fine. Where, in any history book, do we find today anybody saying slavery wasn't bad? It wasn't a stain on America? No where. It is a consensus and we all agree. Can we say that part of the equation was successfully accomplished? But is that enough? 

Maybe some day someone will be able to answer these questions for me. Then we can turn to how we tackle reparations for First Nations people in the US. If we have compensated JA's and AA's, surely FN's deserve something too? Oh, and the Chinese immigrants who were woefully mistreated in the building of the railroads. Shameful stuff. And the innocent Japanese civilians who were fire bombed and nuked into oblivion in WWII? I'm sure it could be argued those in an internment camp had a much higher survival rate at the hands of the American government and they got some money too. Totally not fair. 

If we do this, then when will the Norwegian government compensate those affected in the Lindinsfarne tragedy? What about the innocent Romanians under Vlad Tepes?
*this does not reflect the opinion or policy of RN3*   what My opinion consists of, is possibly comedy..
[Image: 8872e0e17c33060db59aefa89f59c061.jpg]

[Image: images.jpg]

[Image: 3698ce50df1092b23be4cbe69517181c.jpg]

[Image: a17e4920a530e75d66db661f2dcb2c06.jpg]

[Image: depositphotos-11227823-stock-photo-hip-h...-black.jpg]

Once again....... be careful what you ask for.
OK give the blacks this reparations they are keen to say they deserve, And give each person who is obviously black or tests in a DNA test as Negroid. As has been established...The world population can be divided into 4 major races, namely white/Caucasian, Mongoloid/Asian, Negroid/Black, and Australoid.
We are only concerned with Negroids.
Yes give them a set amount determined by the value of the dollar then and adjust it to todays value. To each Negroid regardless of age, give this reparation. It could be done very likely within two months time. Require proof of US citizenship and residency that is all. Give out vouchers for the cash amount to be redeemed at any and all banking institutions. Require a minimal handling fee for cashing. Not to exceed $50 dollars to cover costs of transportation and handling by bank employees  to be paid after and upon receipt of the funds. This is fair in My opinion. To cover all transportation and personnel costs. No encumberment on receiving the funds. The recipient will however be required to bring their own suitable form of transport, ie. bag, suitcase, Brief case, duffle, or container of choice. Around $800,000 per eligible individual, in cash USD. Establish a time and date for this to transpire. Say a two month period with a final date where the reparation benefit becomes Void and no longer owed if not collected by then. All incarcerated individuals will be included as well.

Simply you must be Negroid or show evidence with DNA testing and proven Negroid ancestry.  

I will leave it to readers to give opinions as to what the outcome might entail, and what will be the final Consequence........   it will only be speculation of course, but give it your best logical/illogical shot/opinion.

I have my own idea of what the outcome might be and the impact on the United States. Lets hear yours.

Asians, Anglos or Australoids need not apply.
[Image: 160215852_5854540061238895_6890254535143...e=6076CA75]
(03-15-2021, 03:43 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: If we do this, then when will the Norwegian government compensate those affected in the Lindinsfarne tragedy? What about the innocent Romanians under Vlad Tepes?

It's my understanding that Vlad Tsepes is a national hero in Romania to this very day because he stopped the depredations of the Muslims and their incursions into Romania (Wallachia, actually). It seems to have been mostly Ottoman Turks and their allies who got hoisted on petards. So it's Ottomans who are due reparations from Romania - damn those folks and their stubborn will not to be ruled by foreign Turkish Overlords!

Lindisfarne becomes something of a sticky wicket. There weren't really any nations of "Norway", Sweden", or "Denmark" when Lindisfarne was raided by Norwegians, Swedes, and Danes. As a matter of fact, there wasn't really even a separation of "Vikings" from "not-vikings" - "viking" was just an activity, just something to do in the frozen north when there wasn't much else to do.

I also think the Normandy section of France owes the UK bigly for that pesky 1066 invasion... the UK owes Ireland for the Irish Wars, and Ireland owes Scotland for the Irish invasion there, as well as owing Wales and Cornwall for all the Irish raids into those areas... Denmark, The Netherlands, and northern Germany may also owe the UK for damages wrought in the Anglo Saxon invasions of Britain. Italy also owes Britain for the Roman invasion and occupation... The UK might really come out ahead in all this reparation mayhem.

How far back to take this? Neanderthals may be owed reparations from "Africans", since science is currently claiming that Neanderthals were exterminated by alleged African immigrants who invaded their European Homeland. I'm a descendant of Neanderthals, as are many others - where's our damned money?

If we are gonna do this, let's do it right and settle ALL the accounts!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(03-15-2021, 03:43 PM)PLOTUS Wrote:  ...

Around $800,000 per eligible individual, in cash USD. 

Simply you must be Negroid or show evidence with DNA testing and proven Negroid ancestry.  

800K you say?

I have some negro ancestry too. I have the DNA tests to prove it, pinpointed to Nigeria.

Where should I apply for my reparations money? I'll bring the DNA documentation of negro ancestry with me...

(03-15-2021, 03:57 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
[Image: 160215852_5854540061238895_6890254535143...e=6076CA75]

You make a very good point!

I've got some Yankee soldiers in the family tree, too. A Pennsylvanian infantryman and a West Virginia cavalryman who joined a Yankee cavalry outfit after WV rebelled against the rebel rabble. I can name names and produce the service documents.

4 Confederates hidden in the branches, too - 3 cavalrymen and an infantryman. They went to war because their Homeland was invaded by furriners, Yankee invaders, who proceeded to tear stuff down, blow it up, and burn down what was left in their ecstasy of destruction. Lotta folks got killed by Yankees in that little shindig, mostly Southern civilians. Then there was a military occupation, martial law, and disenfranchisement of Southerners to suppress their vote on how their own damned turf was to be run. Probably ought to be some reparations in there, too, for the indignities suffered at the hands of the invaders.

I stand to rack up pretty good in all this reparation mania if it's taken to it's logical conclusion!

Shouldn't the South also get some reparations for the destruction wrought upon them during years of military occupation and martial law during Reconstruction as well? I hope so, 'cause I got that covered, too. In the end, I should be able to buy an independent island in the Caribbean with my winnings in this Reparations Lottery, and leave all this "civilized" madness behind!

(03-15-2021, 04:56 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 03:43 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: If we do this, then when will the Norwegian government compensate those affected in the Lindinsfarne tragedy? What about the innocent Romanians under Vlad Tepes?

It's my understanding that Vlad Tsepes is a national hero in Romania to this very day because he stopped the depredations of the Muslims and their incursions into Romania (Wallachia, actually). It seems to have been mostly Ottoman Turks and their allies who got hoisted on petards. So it's Ottomans who are due reparations from Romania - damn those folks and their stubborn will not to be ruled by foreign Turkish Overlords!
No worries, simple solution. Anyone of Turkish descent who can prove their ancestors received the wooden pike enema courtesy of the now Romanians, need to get paid by the Romanian government. ASAP. I wonder how much money covers public anal cavity widening?
@"Ninurta", Yes, sounds like you might get a triple whammy of reparations.  No fair about buying an island unless you allow all of your buddies here on RN to join you.  We can make that small community people talk about and live self-sufficient in our old age. We might need to bring some youngsters too because most of us are too old to do the work in the fields and gardens. 

tinyshocked

(03-15-2021, 06:49 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: No worries, simple solution. Anyone of Turkish descent who can prove their ancestors received the wooden pike enema courtesy of the now Romanians, need to get paid by the Romanian government. ASAP. I wonder how much money covers public anal cavity widening?

That should be do-able for the Romanians, and not all that expensive for them, either. Getting anally staked and shaked seems to have a rather negative impact on the love life, and therefore on any subsequent progeny production...

(03-15-2021, 06:51 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @"Ninurta", Yes, sounds like you might get a triple whammy of reparations.  No fair about buying an island unless you allow all of your buddies here on RN to join you.  We can make that small community people talk about and live self-sufficient in our old age. We might need to bring some youngsters too because most of us are too old to do the work in the fields and gardens. 

tinyshocked

Work? I was thinking more of gathering and eating natural produce, like bananas and coconuts. Let nature do the work!

We do need some kids, though - else who would I shake my cane at from my rocking chair, and yell at to get off my lawn?

I think I'm gonna need to look for a bigger island. I hear that Nassau/ New Providence is already taken. That was my first choice, so I could set up a pirate colony... 

Can anyone tell me how many Irishmen were transported to America as slaves? Dafuq are our reparations? Did we work 'em off or something?

The money would go quicker than even Johnny Depp could spend.. In a month, poverty again. And lots of homicides to report, along with a shortage of Mexican US drugs.
(03-15-2021, 03:43 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: It's pandering and buying support. Plain and simple. 

PITA POV Rant follows. You have been warned. 

In the spirit of cooperation, I have been waiting to hear a solid argument supporting reparations 150+ years after slavery ended. I am willing to hear it out. 

There is the discussion how Japanese-Americans received reparations for interment during WWII. It's true, they did. It only took almost 50 years to materialize but they got around $20,000 each. Those who were still alive of course. How they came up with that amount is difficult to pin down. How do you quantify what is lost from a life while locked up? In the end it seems it was more a symbolic gesture. 

But those who were held under slavery 150+ years ago received nothing. 

If we are using the JA example, the time for reparations would have been around 1910. There were probably quite a few people alive who were slaves, probably as children or young adults. There were probably still some former slave owners or those who directly benefited from slavery, alive in 1910. Of course, we know no reparations happened. 

Today, none of these circumstances exist. We are generations separated from the slavery era. But we return to the question of how do we quantify the impact of slavery on people 150 years removed from the events? How long do historical reverberations last? There were many AA in the US who were not slaves. How do we separate their descendants from those of the actually enslaved who may deserve some kind of gesture?

And who pays? To be just, we would need to find the descendants of slave owners or those who directly benefited from slavery for compensation. True, it was legal in many states at the time so maybe those states should pay. But "states" are "taxpayers". Most of those taxpayers had nothing to do with slavery. And we are back at the same point again. 

Maybe it's the gesture and the acknowledgement that is important? Fine. Where, in any history book, do we find today anybody saying slavery wasn't bad? It wasn't a stain on America? No where. It is a consensus and we all agree. Can we say that part of the equation was successfully accomplished? But is that enough? 

Maybe some day someone will be able to answer these questions for me. Then we can turn to how we tackle reparations for First Nations people in the US. If we have compensated JA's and AA's, surely FN's deserve something too? Oh, and the Chinese immigrants who were woefully mistreated in the building of the railroads. Shameful stuff. And the innocent Japanese civilians who were fire bombed and nuked into oblivion in WWII? I'm sure it could be argued those in an internment camp had a much higher survival rate at the hands of the American government and they got some money too. Totally not fair. 

If we do this, then when will the Norwegian government compensate those affected in the Lindinsfarne tragedy? What about the innocent Romanians under Vlad Tepes?

I agree with you. Giving out reparations to those who have never experienced slavery, from those who have never partaken in its practice, is a great big ball of stupidity and if we claim we owe liability then there is very real liability everywhere, quite literally... covering the face of the entire earth, from the Africans who initially captured and profited in the sale of their native compatriots, all the way to the days of Rome and beyond. 

If I'd ever owned a slave I might think differently, but my nation's owes exactly nothing to those of African ancestry - they have what many the world over would give anything for, full citizenship in the United States... 

But, it'll never make it through congress, so it's a futile and meaningless endeavor.
I had this discussion about reparations about 2 years ago. My answer to it was, if a person can prove there ancestors were taken as slaves we should pay them , then deduct medical care they have received, social help and education, they buy a one way ticket to the country there ancestors were taken from.
(03-20-2021, 05:50 PM)Wallfire Wrote: I had this discussion about reparations about 2 years ago. My answer to it was, if a person can prove there ancestors were taken as slaves we should pay them , then deduct medical care they have received, social help and education, they buy a one way ticket to the country there ancestors were taken from.

I see it differently. Screw it all. Give those who think full citizenship in the U.S today isn't payment enough for suffering they never faced or knew, take away their citizenship and ship them to the country of their choice (free of charge)... then, we have room for immigrants that desire the citizenship's which were forfeited at a one exit one replacement rate, and when we are finished with the rolls, we will have people happy to be citizens in these United States. Win. Win.
(03-15-2021, 03:43 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: *this does not reflect the opinion or policy of RN3*   what My opinion consists of, is possibly comedy..
[Image: 8872e0e17c33060db59aefa89f59c061.jpg]

[Image: images.jpg]

[Image: 3698ce50df1092b23be4cbe69517181c.jpg]

[Image: a17e4920a530e75d66db661f2dcb2c06.jpg]

[Image: depositphotos-11227823-stock-photo-hip-h...-black.jpg]

Once again....... be careful what you ask for.
OK give the blacks this reparations they are keen to say they deserve, And give each person who is obviously black or tests in a DNA test as Negroid. As has been established...The world population can be divided into 4 major races, namely white/Caucasian, Mongoloid/Asian, Negroid/Black, and Australoid.
We are only concerned with Negroids.
Yes give them a set amount determined by the value of the dollar then and adjust it to todays value. To each Negroid regardless of age, give this reparation. It could be done very likely within two months time. Require proof of US citizenship and residency that is all. Give out vouchers for the cash amount to be redeemed at any and all banking institutions. Require a minimal handling fee for cashing. Not to exceed $50 dollars to cover costs of transportation and handling by bank employees  to be paid after and upon receipt of the funds. This is fair in My opinion. To cover all transportation and personnel costs. No encumberment on receiving the funds. The recipient will however be required to bring their own suitable form of transport, ie. bag, suitcase, Brief case, duffle, or container of choice. Around $800,000 per eligible individual, in cash USD. Establish a time and date for this to transpire. Say a two month period with a final date where the reparation benefit becomes Void and no longer owed if not collected by then. All incarcerated individuals will be included as well.

I will leave it to readers to give opinions as to what the outcome might entail, and what will be the final Consequence........   it will only be speculation of course, but give it your best logical/illogical shot/opinion.

I have my own idea of what the outcome might be and the impact on the United States. Lets hear yours.

Asians, Anglos or Australoids need not apply.

I guess you do know that any reparations would not be enough.  Those receiving reps will still whine and complain.  Happens here.  Can't make these people happy even if they are wearing gold, have a mansion and drive around in Maserati's. 

Kind regards,

Bally:)
(03-21-2021, 07:58 AM)Grace Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 05:50 PM)Wallfire Wrote: I had this discussion about reparations about 2 years ago. My answer to it was, if a person can prove there ancestors were taken as slaves we should pay them , then deduct medical care they have received, social help and education, they buy a one way ticket to the country there ancestors were taken from.

I see it differently. Screw it all. Give those who think full citizenship in the U.S today isn't payment enough for suffering they never faced or knew, take away their citizenship and ship them to the country of their choice (free of charge)... then, we have room for immigrants that desire the citizenship's which were forfeited at a one exit one replacement rate, and when we are finished with the rolls, we will have people happy to be citizens in these United States. Win. Win.

@"Grace", I like that strategy.  Can you type it up and send it to Donald Trump?  When he gets back in power he can at least threaten to use it. Might quieten down some of those idiots on the Left.