Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Allegory of The Cave
For some reason, i keep hitting time to time this Allegory of The Cave by Athenian philosopher Plato, this allways seems to get me semi-hmmmm ...

The Allegory of The Cave’ by Plato: Summary and Meaning

Since the World is quite different now and in 348/347 BC when Plato lived, it might make more difficult to fully understand the core message ?

Buttttt...If i would dare to try compare Allegory of The Cave to 2021 this comes to mind.

In our time, like 2021 humans tend to conclude things mostly by/via senses very often...well way too much . The news junkies, sheeple`s, brainwashed zombies are only receiving information via channel that is in sensory mode only.

The MSM and politicians push this stuff from their hats 24/7 and most of the people who listen it, are processing it with "only" sensory mode , but not with philosophical reasoning. And that`s where things start go fundamentally so wrong, from tiny river to ocean in the end..

Reason

"knowledge comes from what we see and hear in the world – empirical evidence"

Does modern people ( the majority ) pick their truth / knowledge only by watching CNN and such lying networks that are designed to lie from beginning ?

This CNN news get then people trapped, in the fake reality loop, that can, i afraid continue forever..

Hmm...i might continue this later, this might be some kind of everlasting mind project , well we live such a terrible World that even thinking is made difficult now days ...

If anyone has any thoughts about this, please share it, the very reason to post this here was to have views/opinions...

Final note: it`s Friday and opened few beer cans...  minusculebeercheers  ( had freezing Week here and need some alcohol to warm me up )
Hummmmmmmm, interesting, and YES, it's Friday and that is another good reason to have a drink,  minusculebeercheers
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(02-12-2021, 05:06 PM)guohua Wrote: Hummmmmmmm, interesting, and YES, it's Friday and that is another good reason to have a drink,  minusculebeercheers

We need allways good reasons tinycool

I love good excuses.... tinywondering
Today it's what we're calling "the great awakening".  

It's when people take the time to look at more than one possibility as truth, especially what the "news" tells them to be true. More and more people have realized CNN, MSNBC, and even Fox news only offer the perception THEY want you to see. Once a person looks outside that box, they'll discover many other possibilities as to what is true. 

This is also happening on a spiritual level with people right now. Human consciousness is expanding to see/feel more than ever before. 

This topic runs deep. There is so much more to say, but this is all I have time for right now.
Explanation: To answer this question you posed @Kenzo ....

Quote:Does modern people ( the majority ) pick their truth / knowledge only by watching CNN and such lying networks that are designed to lie from beginning ?

The simple answer is Yes!

Personal Disclosure: The complex answer is that it is Traps ALL THE WAY DOWN ... well let me lay the ground work for that framework first ok ...

Descartes sums up the allegory of the cave here ...

... and he shows that we are trapped in our minds with faulty fallible 'broken' sensory system by citing "Cogito Ergo Sum"...

Solipsism

Quote:Solipsism (/ˈsɒlɪpsɪzəm/ ([Image: 11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png]listen); from Latin solus 'alone', and ipse 'self')[1] is the philosophical idea that only one's mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind.

This leads to certain logical outcomes ...

2ndly we start with science to deduce those outcomes and this is our framework ... quantum mechanics states that "The Observer collapses the infinite wave function [IWF] down to a single crass reality" ...

THEREFOR the number of observers becomes important ...

If only I exist ... then I must be God!

If others exist then ... then who is in control of the IWF collapse?

Well it boils down to the number of similar mindsets adding up and its not a pretty picture after that as the Catholic's win that argument due to being the most numerous mindset in existence.

That goes like this ... 8 billion people ... 1/6th of them are catholic and growing.

Quote:1.2 billion

There are an estimated 1.2 billion Roman Catholics in the world, according to Vatican figures.

Catholic Church by country

Next we turn our attention towards mind over matter ...

Tulpa

Quote:Tulpa is a concept in mysticism and the paranormal of a being or object which is created through spiritual or mental powers.[1] It was adapted by 20th-century theosophists from Tibetan sprul-pa (Tibetan: སྤྲུལ་པ་, Wylie: sprulpa) which means "emanation" or "manifestation".[2] Modern practitioners use the term to refer to a type of willed imaginary friend which practitioners consider to be sentient and relatively autonomous.

And ...

Egregore

Quote:Egregore (also spelled egregor; from French égrégore, from Ancient Greek egrḗgoros 'wakeful') is an occult concept representing a distinct non-physical entity that arises from a collective group of people. Historically, the concept referred to angelic beings, or watchers, and the specific rituals and practices associated with them, namely within Enochian traditions.[1]

More contemporarily, the concept has referred to a psychic manifestation, or thoughtform, occurring when any group shares a common motivation—being made up of, and influencing, the thoughts of the group. The symbiotic relationship between an egregore and its group has been compared to the more recent, non-occult concepts of the corporation (as a juridical person or legal entity) and the meme.

So basically we are in a mind over matter reality controlled by the catholic mindset of heaven and hell, God and Satan exist as real beings, Jesus blood sacrifice was real and magickal etc.

If that is not a Trap then I don't know what it is?

Anyway ... I have found things to be both pro and con where ever I go ... so I pick a trap I can live with ... that trap comes with obvious negative consequences that I am willing to deal and live and die with. I then kick back and relax and enjoy the set of positive benefits that comes with that same trap.

The trick is to know thyself and what you are willing to kill and die for eh. Then enjoy the living for life is short brutal and nasty for most. Live long and prosper! minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
(02-12-2021, 05:54 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Today it's what we're calling "the great awakening".  

It's when people take the time to look at more than one possibility as truth, especially what the "news" tells them to be true. More and more people have realized CNN, MSNBC, and even Fox news only offer the perception THEY want you to see. Once a person looks outside that box, they'll discover many other possibilities as to what is true. 

This is also happening on a spiritual level with people right now. Human consciousness is expanding to see/feel more than ever before. 

This topic runs deep. There is so much more to say, but this is all I have time for right now.

Thank you Mystic Wanderer.

That was something i hoped to hear, "the great awakening "..

With the corona thing, i been having thoughts or feeling that TPTB have now big hurry, they push this all crap so fast  now like they would know/realize that people are awakening, so like they know they have to push this lies or get destroyed .....so some desperation in the air i sense..The corona might be their last change to hold their power on humany, thats why they push the crazy narrarive on MSM 24/7.
(02-12-2021, 04:08 PM)Kenzo Wrote: In our time, like 2021 humans tend to conclude things mostly by/via senses very often...well way too much . The news junkies, sheeple`s, brainwashed zombies are only receiving information via channel that is in sensory mode only.

The MSM and politicians push this stuff from their hats 24/7 and most of the people who listen it, are processing it with "only" sensory mode , but not with philosophical reasoning. And that`s where things start go fundamentally so wrong, from tiny river to ocean in the end..

Reason

Does modern people ( the majority ) pick their truth / knowledge only by watching CNN and such lying networks that are designed to lie from beginning ?

This CNN news get then people trapped, in the fake reality loop, that can, i afraid continue forever..

Hmm...i might continue this later, this might be some kind of everlasting mind project , well we live such a terrible World that even thinking is made difficult now days ...

If anyone has any thoughts about this, please share it, the very reason to post this here was to have views/opinions...

Final note: it`s Friday and opened few beer cans...  minusculebeercheers  ( had freezing Week here and need some alcohol to warm me up )

I don't see it exactly the way you do.

I think most of us are exactly like those prisoners in the cave. The only difference is the source of the shadows. In 2021 many are tied to their devices, and their faces connected to their screens.

They see only what is presented in front of them, and take up guessing games about what is real and what is not. Who is right, and who is wrong. What is good and what is bad. What should be destroyed, and what should be revered.

If someone does escape the prison, and they try to share the possibility of a world that is different from the one the prisoners in the cave have accepted, they would kill them before they would allow themselves to be freed.

I don't see how anything has changed. Even those of us that think we have escaped the prison of the cave, rarely see past what we have left behind. We become just another set of prisoners, so focused on what we think we have found, that we never see there is more to see, find, and learn, beyond that elevated walkway. While in the cave they lived by the shadows reflected by the fire. Outside of the cave the prisoners live by the shadows reflected by the sun. Both remain prisoners to what they accept as their reality.

Any way. Just a thought.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(02-12-2021, 06:29 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 04:08 PM)Kenzo Wrote: In our time, like 2021 humans tend to conclude things mostly by/via senses very often...well way too much . The news junkies, sheeple`s, brainwashed zombies are only receiving information via channel that is in sensory mode only.

Reason

I don't see it exactly the way you do.

I think most of us are exactly like those prisoners in the cave. The only difference is the source of the shadows. In 2021 many are tied to their devices, and their faces connected to their screens.

They see only what is presented in front of them, and take up guessing games about what is real and what is not. Who is right, and who is wrong. What is good and what is bad. What should be destroyed, and what should be revered.

If someone does escape the prison, and they try to share the possibility of a world that is different from the one the prisoners in the cave   have accepted, they would kill them before they would allow themselves to be freed.

I don't see how anything has changed. Even those of us that think we have escaped the prison of the cave, rarely see past what we have left behind. We become just another set of prisoners, so focused on what we think we have found, that we never see there is more to see, find, and learn, beyond that elevated walkway. While in the cave they lived by the shadows reflected by the fire. Outside of the cave the prisoners live by the shadows reflected by the sun. Both remain prisoners to what they accept as their reality.

Any way. Just a thought.

I cant disagree what you write, this goes just deeper and deeper hmmm..You had deep thoughts on this i want to say .

So what`s going on ? Are we living in the matrix ..

Thank you for your input minusculebeercheers

I will get back to this ....i need to sleep over this , and maybe feel normal me again tinybiggrin after few beers..
I posted this in the shoutbox this morning, but this thread might be a good place for it.

Quote:I believe it was Orwell who said that "he who controls the past controls the future, and he who controls the present controls the past". I don't know that the legacy media has so much lost it's way as it now deliberately seeks to misinform out of, perhaps, desperation. The desperation of a drowning man. The problem is, people have nothing to make informed opinions on other than the information they get, and the information most people are getting is faulty, leading to faulty opinions, which lead to faulty decisions. So, in a sense, the world has gone mad, because the legacy media has driven it mad.

It seems to apply in this thread. If one understands the legacy media to be cognate to the Shadow Puppet Masters in the allegory, and realized they are creating the shadows of reality cast upon the cave walls, then it kind of falls into place. Whether they do it out of desperation as I suggested there, or whether they do it out of directed malice from some other puppet masters pulling THEIR strings, the net result is the same - a twisted, skewed view of the reality we live in, a view that does not reflect the objective Reality at all.

And that makes people uneasy. In some cases, uneasy enough to do violence when their reality is threatened by a more objective Reality, based upon a wider experience, that they perceive to be coming from others,

A great many people have built for themselves a faulty reality out of half-truths and outright lies that they perceive to be Truth, and they feel that their personally constructed reality is under threat. They will kill, maim, and die to maintain that faulty reality, and to advance it.

Faulty or not, it is the only reality they have, and to loose it to another reality, whether objective or not, is to unmoor their entire world.

So, they are willing to kill the people who have been out there, outside of the cave, and seen a more objective version of Reality that is at odds with their subjective, manufactured version of reality.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-12-2021, 06:06 PM)OmegaLogos Wrote: Explanation: To answer this question you posed @Kenzo ....

Quote:Does modern people ( the majority ) pick their truth / knowledge only by watching CNN and such lying networks that are designed to lie from beginning ?

Personal Disclosure: The complex answer is that it is Traps ALL THE WAY DOWN ... well let me lay the ground work for that framework first ok ...

... and he shows that we are trapped in our minds with faulty fallible 'broken' sensory system by citing "Cogito Ergo Sum"...

Solipsism

Quote:Solipsism (/ˈsɒlɪpsɪzəm/ ([Image: 11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png]listen); from Latin solus 'alone', and ipse 'self')[1] is the philosophical idea that only one's mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind.

2ndly we start with science to deduce those outcomes and this is our framework ... quantum mechanics states that "The Observer collapses the infinite wave function [IWF] down to a single crass reality" ...

Well it boils down to the number of similar mindsets adding up and its not a pretty picture after that as the Catholic's win that argument due to being the most numerous mindset in existence.

That goes like this ... 8 billion people ... 1/6th of them are catholic and growing.

There are an estimated 1.2 billion Roman Catholics in the world, according to Vatican figures.

Tulpa

Quote:Tulpa is a concept in mysticism and the paranormal of a being or object which is created through spiritual or mental powers.[1] It was adapted by 20th-century theosophists from Tibetan sprul-pa (Tibetan: སྤྲུལ་པ་, Wylie: sprulpa) which means "emanation" or "manifestation".[2] Modern practitioners use the term to refer to a type of willed imaginary friend which practitioners consider to be sentient and relatively autonomous.

And ...

Egregore

Quote:Egregore (also spelled egregor; from French égrégore, from Ancient Greek egrḗgoros 'wakeful') is an occult concept representing a distinct non-physical entity that arises from a collective group of people. Historically, the concept referred to angelic beings, or watchers, and the specific rituals and practices associated with them, namely within Enochian traditions.[1]

More contemporarily, the concept has referred to a psychic manifestation, or thoughtform, occurring when any group shares a common motivation—being made up of, and influencing, the thoughts of the group. The symbiotic relationship between an egregore and its group has been compared to the more recent, non-occult concepts of the corporation (as a juridical person or legal entity) and the meme.

So basically we are in a mind over matter reality controlled by the catholic mindset of heaven and hell, God and Satan exist as real beings, Jesus blood sacrifice was real and magickal etc.

Anyway ... I have found things to be both pro and con where ever I go ... so I pick a trap I can live with ... that trap comes with obvious negative consequences that I am willing to deal and live and die with. I then kick back and relax and enjoy the set of positive benefits that comes with that same trap.

The trick is to know thyself and what you are willing to kill and die for eh. Then enjoy the living for life is short brutal and nasty for most. Live long and prosper! minusculebeercheers

Whoa! minusculeclap

I need to look this again tomorrow and comment, thank you for your input! 

It`s really the input that force us to think further , just thinking alone is not usually enough to realize fine detals ..

Sorry ...bed time here ..( excuse for being litle drunk )
(02-12-2021, 06:51 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I posted this in the shoutbox this morning, but this thread might be a good place for it.

Quote:I believe it was Orwell who said that "he who controls the past controls the future, and he who controls the present controls the past". I don't know that the legacy media has so much lost it's way as it now deliberately seeks to misinform out of, perhaps, desperation. The desperation of a drowning man. The problem is, people have nothing to make informed opinions on other than the information they get, and the information most people are getting is faulty, leading to faulty opinions, which lead to faulty decisions. So, in a sense, the world has gone mad, because the legacy media has driven it mad.

It seems to apply in this thread. If one understands the legacy media to be cognate to the Shadow Puppet Masters in the allegory, and realized they are creating the shadows of reality cast upon the cave walls, then it kind of falls into place. Whether they do it out of desperation as I suggested there, or whether they do it out of directed malice from some other puppet masters pulling THEIR strings, the net result is the same - a twisted, skewed view of the reality we live in, a view that does not reflect the objective Reality at all.

And that makes people uneasy. In some cases, uneasy enough to do violence when their reality is threatened by a more objective Reality, based upon a wider experience, that they perceive to be coming from others,

A great many people have built for themselves a faulty reality out of half-truths and outright lies that they perceive to be Truth, and they feel that their personally constructed reality is under threat. They will kill, maim, and die to maintain that faulty reality, and to advance it.

Faulty or not, it is the only reality they have, and to loose it to another reality, whether objective or not, is to unmoor their entire world.

So, they are willing to kill the people who have been out there, outside of the cave, and seen a more objective version of Reality that is at odds with their subjective, manufactured version of reality.

That Orwell quote seems quite true..

Yes " the world has gone mad, because the legacy media has driven it mad."  And many are ready to do even violence if they get too uneasy.

This twisted reality show they push everywhere has gone to so bad , that i feel like i should practice some sort of constant cancellation of information on my own mind level, like telling myself this might not represent truth at all. And try just focus my own mind and reject the compromised information flow. That is i gues what meditation can give, not that i really meditate consciously.

The constant compromised information flow sabotage minds, or can potentially sabotage...so it´s like air pollution that can potentially cause physical illness...cause and effect, causality.Yet not all are so worryed this emotional pollution like they are with air pollution..

I wish i could meditate like some Budhist monk, getting my mind out form here, even for a short trip...just completely shutdown this twisted World out from my head.

What a mess... tinyhuh
Related theory I've been mulling for several years...

Reagan pissed off the liberals big time. Nationalism was huge, not conducive to their Marxist plans. 

Suddenly pharmaceuticals could be advertised on television- especially powerful, mind-altering drugs. Symptoms mentioned in commercials vague enough to include anybody and everybody and public is bombarded with them 24/7. People start believing they are mentally ill and ask their doctors for these drugs, doctors get monetary incentives to accommodate them. Entire generations of children raised on powerful psychoactive drugs their entire lives.

School curriculums start changing under Bush senior, continued under Clinton and Bush junior. Nationalism BAD, One World Order GOOD! Not even going to get into the whole Common Core system of brain re-wiring (although everyone with kids or grandkids still in school absolutely SHOULD be concerned about their little one's brains being reprogrammed to think in desired patterns chosen by our friends in the government).

Then comes Obama. Schools start teaching children to hate themselves for being American, Christian, White, you name it! Obama and wife? spew hatred and racism- by accusing everyone else of hatred and racism, which becomes trend. Obama signs EO taking away our protection from news media being used for propaganda. "News" becomes opinion and editorial, the poor, drug addled, pre-programmed zombies lap it up without question.

Enter social media. Ramps up required emotional responses through heavy editing of news feeds, carefully catered toward individual and group responses. Algorithms used as psychological weapons for precise targeting. Group stalking and shaming into group think. Doxing and cancel culture. 

This all plays into current events perfectly. See how easily they got the masses to riot, burn and tear down statues? Just give them some time and watch what happens when these poor saps are guided into physically attacking anyone who doesn't toe the approved party line. Think it can't happen? Look at how anyone who was even just present at the January 6th rally in DC are being labeled as domestic terrorists and hunted down- and not just by the FBI. Keyboard warriors are DOXing them, harassing their families, causing them to lose their livelihoods, etc. It wouldn't take much to push the bots over the edge, they are ripe for it.

Back to my regularly scheduled coffee... 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(02-12-2021, 06:06 PM)OmegaLogos Wrote: Explanation: To answer this question you posed @Kenzo ....

Solipsism

Tulpa

And ...

Egregore

Cogito Ergo Sum 

Descartes was right that senses are deeply unreliable.

Thanks  for giving those concept like Solipsism, i never even hear about those....this will take time to digest & trying to understand better.

Trapped, sometimes feel something like that yes, or that the biggest enemy i have to deal with is myself  tinysurprised...

Uncertainty,unsure, confusion  ...follow the white rabbit . Wrong planet syndrome also come to my mind, I just feel confused too often with all this  tinyhuh

minusculebeercheers
(02-13-2021, 04:01 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Related theory I've been mulling for several years...

Reagan pissed off the liberals big time. Nationalism was huge, not conducive to their Marxist plans. 

Suddenly pharmaceuticals could be advertised on television- especially powerful, mind-altering drugs. Symptoms mentioned in commercials vague enough to include anybody and everybody and public is bombarded with them 24/7. People start believing they are mentally ill and ask their doctors for these drugs, doctors get monetary incentives to accommodate them. Entire generations of children raised on powerful psychoactive drugs their entire lives.

School curriculums start changing under Bush senior, continued under Clinton and Bush junior. Nationalism BAD, One World Order GOOD! Not even going to get into the whole Common Core system of brain re-wiring (although everyone with kids or grandkids still in school absolutely SHOULD be concerned about their little one's brains being reprogrammed to think in desired patterns chosen by our friends in the government).

Then comes Obama. Schools start teaching children to hate themselves for being American, Christian, White, you name it! Obama and wife? spew hatred and racism- by accusing everyone else of hatred and racism, which becomes trend. Obama signs EO taking away our protection from news media being used for propaganda. "News" becomes opinion and editorial, the poor, drug addled, pre-programmed zombies lap it up without question.

Enter social media. Ramps up required emotional responses through heavy editing of news feeds, carefully catered toward individual and group responses. Algorithms used as psychological weapons for precise targeting. Group stalking and shaming into group think. Doxing and cancel culture. 

This all plays into current events perfectly. See how easily they got the masses to riot, burn and tear down statues? Just give them some time and watch what happens when these poor saps are guided into physically attacking anyone who doesn't toe the approved party line. Think it can't happen? Look at how anyone who was even just present at the January 6th rally in DC are being labeled as domestic terrorists and hunted down- and not just by the FBI. Keyboard warriors are DOXing them, harassing their families, causing them to lose their livelihoods, etc. It wouldn't take much to push the bots over the edge, they are ripe for it.

Back to my regularly scheduled coffee... 

That`s exactly what they do, and it`s violence ..psychological violence , psychological warfare etc..

Order out of chaos...ideological subversion, active measures .

34 years ago, a KGB defector chillingly predicted modern America

Is there any end to this .
(02-13-2021, 03:36 PM)Kenzo Wrote: That Orwell quote seems quite true..

Yes " the world has gone mad, because the legacy media has driven it mad."  And many are ready to do even violence if they get too uneasy.

This twisted reality show they push everywhere has gone to so bad , that i feel like i should practice some sort of constant cancellation of information on my own mind level, like telling myself this might not represent truth at all. And try just focus my own mind and reject the compromised information flow. That is i gues what meditation can give, not that i really meditate consciously.

The constant compromised information flow sabotage minds, or can potentially sabotage...so it´s like air pollution that can potentially cause physical illness...cause and effect, causality.Yet not all are so worryed this emotional pollution like they are with air pollution..

I wish i could meditate like some Budhist monk, getting my mind out form here, even for a short trip...just completely shutdown this twisted World out from my head.

What a mess... tinyhuh

We are all products of our environment, and our thoughts are products of our evaluation of our intellectual and informational environments. Our thoughts and opinions are informed, influenced, and even created by the information we are able to gain from our surroundings.

In Orwell's "1984", the purpose of the NewSpeak project was to mold the language such that some information could not be conveyed. Words were changed in meaning, some words were deleted from vocabulary, and yet other words were newly created to convey certain concepts. The desired end result was to mold not just opinion, but individual thought itself - to make certain thoughts not approved by The Party literally "unthinkable", unable to be even thought of or conceived. That was accomplished by molding thought, and information that could be conveyed, by molding the language itself.

In short, by controlling the information an individual received, the end goal was to control what they were able to think, or even conceive of. To that end, language was changed to reflect only those things The Party approved of for individual thought. No other information could be disseminated if the project reached completion.

I can see that happening now, around us, with the changes and violence the Left is seeking to wreak on our language. Now words that never existed before, like "cisgender" (because "transgender" must necessarily have a counterpoint), new meanings for already existent words, like the new definitions for "racist" to mean "white conservative" popping out of the woodwork (which of course makes the term "racist" itself now racist, since it singles out a particular race now - the new definitions actually specify that no race other than white can be "racist"), and old words that have existed for centuries now being censored out of existence.

The goal appears to me to be a Brave New World that is kinder and gentler to Marxism by removing even the ability to think in any way other than Marxist. Not just counter to Marxist thought, but any way that is NOT Marxist, whether counter to it or not.

Some folks call this "political correctness", and it has been going on for quite a long time, before there even WAS such a concept. Marxists, just like Christians, have used their own peculiar sort of vocabulary comprehensible only to their "in-group" ever since there have been Marxists. Christians have been doing the same thing, which annoys me to no end. I don't go to church specifically because of the alienation that peculiar use of language engenders. I'm not "one of them" if I can't speak like one of them, and I butcher my language for no one.

I think perhaps the best advice my dad ever gave me was this: "believe NOTHING that you hear, and only half of what you SEE."

So, in conclusion, I see the Legacy Media as akin to the people on the walkway throwing the shadows, and the NewSpeak language being created before our very eyes as the shadows themselves, the only informational input the observers are being allowed to consider in the formulation of their thoughts and opinions.

Welcome to 1984.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-13-2021, 07:42 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 03:36 PM)Kenzo Wrote: That Orwell quote seems quite true..

What a mess... tinyhuh

We are all products of our environment, and our thoughts are products of our evaluation of our intellectual and informational environments. Our thoughts and opinions are informed, influenced, and even created by the information we are able to gain from our surroundings.

In Orwell's "1984", the purpose of the NewSpeak project was to mold the language such that some information could not be conveyed. Words were changed in meaning, some words were deleted from vocabulary, and yet other words were newly created to convey certain concepts. The desired end result was to mold not just opinion, but individual thought itself - to make certain thoughts not approved by The Party literally "unthinkable", unable to be even thought of or conceived. That was accomplished by molding thought, and information that could be conveyed, by molding the language itself.

In short, by controlling the information an individual received, the end goal was to control what they were able to think, or even conceive of. To that end, language was changed to reflect only those things The Party approved of for individual thought. No other information could be disseminated if the project reached completion.

I can see that happening now, around us, with the changes and violence the Left is seeking to wreak on our language. Now words that never existed before, like "cisgender" (because "transgender" must necessarily have a counterpoint), new meanings for already existent words, like the new definitions for "racist" to mean "white conservative" popping out of the woodwork (which of course makes the term "racist" itself now racist, since it singles out a particular race now - the new definitions actually specify that no race other than white can be "racist"), and old words that have existed for centuries now being censored out of existence.

The goal appears to me to be a Brave New World that is kinder and gentler to Marxism by removing even the ability to think in any way other than Marxist. Not just counter to Marxist thought, but any way that is NOT Marxist, whether counter to it or not.

Some folks call this "political correctness", and it has been going on for quite a long time, before there even WAS such a concept. Marxists, just like Christians, have used their own peculiar sort of vocabulary comprehensible only to their "in-group" ever since there have been Marxists. Christians have been doing the same thing, which annoys me to no end. I don't go to church specifically because of the alienation that peculiar use of language engenders. I'm not "one of them" if I can't speak like one of them, and I butcher my language for no one.

I think perhaps the best advice my dad ever gave me was this: "believe NOTHING that you hear, and only half of what you SEE."

So, in conclusion, I see the Legacy Media as akin to the people on the walkway throwing the shadows, and the NewSpeak language being created before our very eyes as the shadows themselves, the only informational input the observers are being allowed to consider in the formulation of their thoughts and opinions.

Welcome to 1984.

Well said, 1984 is here ...I stopped watching TV years back because could not watch it...and even listening radio talk is often something i dont want to.

It look to me that they are also modifying the environment by broadcasting dumb stuff on TV and radio....so like they remove intelligent content and replace it with very dumb content, and they do it on purpose.  This then effect peoples mind in negative way.

That`s good advise   "believe NOTHING that you hear, and only half of what you SEE."
Yes it is 1984 so,,,,,,, let the Elites see that we know what they have done and we know their Plans. Wear your T-shirt and Face Diaper.
[Image: 218911937517a0f0cd29959bf31e23b3_076e377...1612474684] [Image: 5a5d3f10348621467cbcdf76c77c0956_110x110...1612473878]  We know who Biden Loves and Respects [Image: 33f8653b258e96e8112f0642b5677077_110x110...1610843218] it is Not Us Or America!
(02-14-2021, 05:03 PM)guohua Wrote: Yes it is 1984 so,,,,,,, let the Elites see that we know what they have done and we know their Plans. Wear your T-shirt and Face Diaper.
[Image: 218911937517a0f0cd29959bf31e23b3_076e377...1612474684] [Image: 5a5d3f10348621467cbcdf76c77c0956_110x110...1612473878]  We know who Biden Loves and Respects [Image: 33f8653b258e96e8112f0642b5677077_110x110...1610843218] it is Not Us Or America!

Good idea . Some other T-shirts i find here :

medical freedom shop.com
(02-14-2021, 05:44 PM)Kenzo Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 05:03 PM)guohua Wrote: Yes it is 1984 so,,,,,,, let the Elites see that we know what they have done and we know their Plans. Wear your T-shirt and Face Diaper.

Good idea . Some other T-shirts i find here :

medical freedom shop.com

GiantThumbsUp