Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
The Ark of The Covenant
Was the Ark of the Covenant Found?
Does anyone know of Ron Wyatt and do you believe that in 1982 if found the place Jesus was Crucified and the Ark of The Covenant.

Watch this short video and tell me your thoughts.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I read a while back that they capped off the entrance with cement. But really when I think about it now that doesn't make much sense. I love this stuff. Thanks for sharing 

minusculebeercheers .
Interesting.  I would have to have seen it in person to give an answer. Never heard of this man.
A archeologist found it in the late 30's. He had to race the Nazi's to get it. 

I watched a documentary on the thing. Han Solo stared in it.
I find odd the tying of the two (Ark and Calvary) together.  The mention of the Ark far predates the life of Jesus.

Some think the Ark is in an ancient church in Ethiopia.  There -is- an old church there that is guarded and the treasury of which only a very select few are allowed to enter, from what I've heard and read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_...ry_of_Zion

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(12-26-2020, 09:25 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I find odd the tying of the two (Ark and Calvary) together.  The mention of the Ark far predates the life of Jesus.

Some think the Ark is in an ancient church in Ethiopia.  There -is- an old church there that is guarded and the treasury of which only a very select few are allowed to enter, from what I've heard and read.

Cheers

there's only one problem with the ark being in Ethiopia and the Ethiopians converting to Judaism or Christianity.  according to written history, Ethiopians didn't start practicing Judaism until 1260 or maybe it was 1262 AD/CE. and the church of St. Mary of Zion has been destroyed at least twice and been rebuilt.
the last time was in the 17th century, and wasn't built in the same spot as the one before it. 

now did Sheba and Solomon have a child, being a believer i have to say yes. the bible says Soloman was a horn dog he had a harem of seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines; (1 Kings 11:1) which turned his heart away from the Lord. with that many wives and concubines he had to have more than the 3 children that the bible mentions, which was one son and two daughters, (1 Kings 11:43) and two daughters (1 Kings 4:11,14).

but anything other than what the bible says i have to take with a grain of salt.

ETA: damn it i did it again, clicked the wrong button for my post sorry about that.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(12-26-2020, 09:25 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I find odd the tying of the two (Ark and Calvary) together.  The mention of the Ark far predates the life of Jesus.

Cheers

The way I heard it, there was only one who was allowed to enter - the patriarch of that church. Furthermore, once he is named and installed there, he can never leave the site, either, until he dies and a new one is named and installed.

I've heard many tales of the Ark. the Ethiopian one, this one, and another that claims the Ark was hidden in tunnels under the Temple Mount, and discovered by the Templars during their tenure there.

I don't know which to believe, so consequently I don't really believe any of them. I think the Ark is gone forever. It's really only important to Jews anyhow, so I can't fault them for sealing a place they thought it might be. Further, if they think the blood of Jesus might have damaged it, or that such a story might get out, then they would be doubly incentivized to hide it away, because that would strengthen the Christian narrative (since Jesus was sent to end that covenant and institute a new one according to Christians) and weaken the Jewish story that The Christ hasn't shown up.

I don't think the Ark will ever be found, and I also don't think it's important to find it to anyone but the Jews. I chalk this story up to the same mania that thinks Jesus' family tomb and ossuary were found in Jerusalem.

ETA: If the tunnels were really that small and tight, how did they get something as big as the Ark in there to begin with? And if they had to break through the rock of the cliff face to get to the cavern, how did the Jews of the 6th century BC get it in there without breaking the rocks and leaving a hole sealed up with dirt and other rocks? 

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-30-2020, 11:26 AM)Ninurta Wrote: ...Further, if they think the blood of Jesus might have damaged it, or that such a story might get out,
then they would be doubly incentivized to hide it away, because that would strengthen the Christian
narrative (since Jesus was sent to end that covenant and institute a new one according to Christians)
and weaken the Jewish story that The Christ hasn't shown up...

I don't know if this historical information will help or not, but it might set researchers in a different direction
in the search for the ark.
tinyhuh

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.