Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Songbird
I tripped up on this movie.

It is not a great movie, but it sure is interesting. Predictive programing or mental preparation. 

Songbird 

4.3/10 IMDb  11%  Rotten Tomatoes27%  Metacritic

64% liked this movie
Google users

Description
Immune to the COVID-23 virus, a courier races against time to save the woman he loves from a quarantine camp.

Initial release: December 10, 2020 (Russia)
Director: Adam Mason
Production company: Platinum Dunes
Producers: Michael BayAndrew SugermanAdam GoodmanJeanette BrillMarcei A. Brown

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

I might like this movie.

Low IMDB rating tells me that.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(12-21-2020, 04:38 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: I might like this movie.

Low IMDB rating tells me that.

Well,  it is not a big budget movie. It was released on the tenth of this month, so we are not talking block buster production. 

The back story is what is interesting. COVID 23, four years of lockdown.

• minusculebeercheers 

Thanks @"NightskyeB4Dawn" I'll add this to my list, the last Movie I watched was ''Palm Springs'' kind of a riff on Groundhog day, and I have to say I really enjoyed it, I'd recommend if you haven't seen that.

(I know not covid related but since we are talking Movies)
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

(12-21-2020, 11:00 AM)Moonmagic Wrote: Thanks @"NightskyeB4Dawn" I'll add this to my list, the last Movie I watched was ''Palm Springs'' kind of a riff on Groundhog day, and I have to say I really enjoyed it, I'd recommend if you haven't seen that.

I will give it a try.

I am not fond of comedy movies. I love comedy, and a good comedian, but comedy movies that go too far into the ridiculous, lose me. 

I like funny,  but I hate stupid, if you know what I mean. I have never watched a Borat or Jim Carrey movie for that reason. I may have maybe missed out on some great movies because of my reluctance, but with those two, I don't think so.

Will give Palm Springs a try though. 

Thanks.

• minusculebeercheers 

(12-21-2020, 01:28 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 11:00 AM)Moonmagic Wrote: Thanks @"NightskyeB4Dawn" I'll add this to my list, the last Movie I watched was ''Palm Springs'' kind of a riff on Groundhog day, and I have to say I really enjoyed it, I'd recommend if you haven't seen that.

I will give it a try.

I am not fond of comedy movies. I love comedy, and a good comedian, but comedy movies that go too far into the ridiculous, lose me. 

I like funny,  but I hate stupid, if you know what I mean. I have never watched a Borat or Jim Carrey movie for that reason. I may have maybe missed out on some great movies because of my reluctance, but with those two, I don't think so.

Will give Palm Springs a try though. 

Thanks.

I totally get what you're saying! I tend to not consume much entertainment wise that is set in 'reality'. I like to escape! tinybiggrin

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

(12-21-2020, 02:06 PM)Moonmagic Wrote: I totally get what you're saying! I tend to not consume much entertainment wise that is set in 'reality'. I like to escape! tinybiggrin

I think you may have helped me understand why I don't enjoy some movies, that many love.

I find it hard to allow myself to relax and just enjoy the trip. Instead of escaping, I get drawn in. My little brain tries to make sense out of everything, and the more unrealistic something is, the harder my brain works at making it fit, or at least seem reasonable. 

My Brother used to love having movie night with me. He would take me to some weird movie, we would sit all the way in the back with our stash of booze, and I would commentary the whole movie, pointing out all the errors, while he cracked up. We were the true Mystery Science Theater 3000, long before it ever existed. 

When Betamax came out, he was the first on board. Then of course VHS followed, so that really increased his fun, because we had access to weirdness and we didn't have to leave the house. 

He introduced me to movies like Eraserhead and The Puppet Master series. He loved hearing how my mind tried to make sense out of what was on the screen. The crazier the better. 

I miss those movie nights with just the two of us. He isn't with us anymore, but I never watch a crazy movie without thinking back to those fun nights.

Thanks.

• minusculebeercheers 

(12-21-2020, 02:44 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 02:06 PM)Moonmagic Wrote: I totally get what you're saying! I tend to not consume much entertainment wise that is set in 'reality'. I like to escape! tinybiggrin

I think you may have helped me understand why I don't enjoy some movies, that many love.

I find it hard to allow myself to relax and just enjoy the trip. Instead of escaping, I get drawn in. My little brain tries to make sense out of everything, and the more unrealistic something is, the harder my brain works at making it fit, or at least seem reasonable. 

My Brother used to love having movie night with me. He would take me to some weird movie, we would sit all the way in the back with our stash of booze, and I would commentary the whole movie, pointing out all the errors, while he cracked up. We were the true Mystery Science Theater 3000, long before it ever existed. 

When Betamax came out, he was the first on board. Then of course VHS followed, so that really increased his fun, because we had access to weirdness and we didn't have to leave the house. 

He introduced me to movies like Eraserhead and The Puppet Master series. He loved hearing how my mind tried to make sense out of what was on the screen. The crazier the better. 

I miss those movie nights with just the two of us. He isn't with us anymore, but I never watch a crazy movie without thinking back to those fun nights.

Thanks.

I try to keep those parts of me separate, In my life, escapism ever since I was a small Child has been so important to me! I just relate it to being happy and forgetting all the Human stuff for a while, same with Music etc I put Headphones on and I'm in another place! that's where it all stems from in me. I guess we come at it from Opposite ends.

I would have liked your Brother, and your commentary lol, sometimes the discussions after a Movie are the best part. I used to collect Movies too and had around 6/700 of them before everything went digital and it just made no sense to keep them and grow anymore, everything is a few clicks away, which I really appreciate.

minusculebeercheers

- Epictetus

I found a trailer. 

• minusculebeercheers 

(12-21-2020, 02:44 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

Thanks.

I may be something of a paradox. Like you, I tend to pick movies apart and make absurd comments at the illogical parts, yet I also love nonsensical movies, what used to be called "B Movies". For example, I loved the Puppet Master movies, and picked them apart mercilessly. Maybe I just like trying to make a good puzzle fit together when it just won't. There's a challenge there...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-21-2020, 06:53 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I may be something of a paradox. Like you, I tend to pick movies apart and make absurd comments at the illogical parts, yet I also love nonsensical movies, what used to be called "B Movies". For example, I loved the Puppet Master movies, and picked them apart mercilessly. Maybe I just like trying to make a good puzzle fit together when it just won't. There's a challenge there...

I love puzzles. All kinds. I used to have a jigsaw puzzle on the table at all times. I have an attic full of jigsaw puzzles. Glue together ones, and ones put back in the box, guanteed to likely have at least one peice missing. If anyone tried to put them together again one peice will be missing. That is the magic in every jigsaw puzzle box.

I love cryptograms, and those hidden objects and follow the clues games. Any kind of puzzle, except Sudoku. I know. My baby sister that hates puzzles,  she loves Sudoku. Neither of us can figure that one out.

Of course I absolutely love dissecting awful movies. My brain lights up like a Christmas tree while veiwing a lousy movie. Of course no one wants to hear me ripping on a movie, so I so miss my brother at moments like that.

• minusculebeercheers 

I think Palm Springs is a guy flick and I don't think I would have ever watched it if you had not suggested it.  

It was not a bad movie. I think it would have been better if it had just let that black screen fade out at the end.

I did notice some tiny bits that were really neat. The sound track was interesting, and that little addition of making the guitar just a little off key in the last song "Man Being Stupid", was genius.

• minusculebeercheers 

(12-21-2020, 10:17 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

I think Palm Springs is a guy flick and I don't think I would have ever watched it if you had not suggested it.  

It was not a bad movie. I think it would have been better if it had just let that black screen fade out at the end.

I did notice some tiny bits that were really neat. The sound track was interesting, and that little addition of making the guitar just a little off key in the last song "Man Being Stupid", was genius.

It was like a love letter to Movies like Groundhog day, but with that modern dry comedic ego thrown in, and based around two characters that are basically societal outcasts and have pretty much given up, living life on auto! Til what happens, happens and they learn a lot of lessons about themselves and others. I think this is the appeal for me personally because, I feel that way! and I also enjoy the throwbacks and subtle nods to other movies. I mean I know you just watched it so you know what it's about but, I'm just trying to explain my liking towards it. (trying not to post spoilers for folk)

It's by no means spectacular, but I did enjoy it for what it was! tinybiggrin

You gotta love this song too, I had not heard this since I was knee high ...

- Epictetus

I watch maybe 4 movies in a year. If you leave out of the count the year i got the extended versions of all three Lord of the rings and The hobbit and binge watched them.

Obviously i would like to enjoy conspiracy movies, but i can't. My brains are too simple. Everyone conspires against everyone, backstabbers everywhere, inside jobs within inside jobs and i am like ???

Here are some movies i like 

-Equilibrium (in some countries: Cubic)
-The day after tomorrow
-Matrix (ONLY the first one)
-All Lord of the rings and All The hobbit movies
-Elysium

There are others but can't remember more now. However, if there are other freaks like me who sometimes enjoy movies that are so God damn lousy, that the scale goes around and then it is good, i introduce to you: The Velocipastor.

"After losing his parents, a priest travels to China, where he inherits a mysterious ability that allows him to turn into a dinosaur. At first horrified by this new power, a hooker convinces him to use it to fight crime. And ninjas. "

On a scale from 0 to 10, it went well below zero and the meter stopped somewhere around 8 or 9.

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(12-22-2020, 04:07 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: I watch maybe 4 movies in a year. If you leave out of the count the year i got the extended versions of all three Lord of the rings and The hobbit and binge watched them.

Obviously i would like to enjoy conspiracy movies, but i can't. My brains are too simple. Everyone conspires against everyone, backstabbers everywhere, inside jobs within inside jobs and i am like ???

-The day after tomorrow
-Elysium

There are others but can't remember more now. However, if there are other freaks like me who sometimes enjoy movies that are so God damn lousy, that the scale goes around and then it is good, i introduce to you: The Velocipastor.

"After losing his parents, a priest travels to China, where he inherits a mysterious ability that allows him to turn into a dinosaur. At first horrified by this new power, a hooker convinces him to use it to fight crime. And ninjas. "

On a scale from 0 to 10, it went well below zero and the meter stopped somewhere around 8 or 9.

You listed my favorites. 

My Brother was the king of lousy movies. I don't know how he found so many of them. He never liked watching them by himself.  

The part he loved the most was us getting buzzed, and him egging me on, to keep up the running commentary.

I am going to go watch VelociPastor now.

The title already had me giggling. 

The first thing you see after the credit for the production company of Wild Eye, is  "Rated X" by an all-christian jury.

I howled. Yep! This one is going to be off the charts.

Will give you my full report after I finish the movie.  tinylaughing

• minusculebeercheers 

VFX:  Car on Fire.

"Here. " "Have some more wine."

I have to go put on a Depends.   tinylaughing

• minusculebeercheers 

(12-22-2020, 05:24 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: VFX:  Car on Fire.

Yeah, but they are not on our timeline anymore. Mandela effect right there (but they do not happen anymore, don't ask why?)

Have you heard the joke about how old people deal with accidental urinating? -It depends

Well, the fucking joke does not work anymore. They are depend now. Without the s.

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(12-22-2020, 05:30 PM)Finspiracy Wrote:

Yeah, but they are not on our timeline anymore. Mandela effect right there (but they do not happen anymore, don't ask why?)

Have you heard the joke about how old people deal with accidental urinating? -It depends

Well, the fucking joke does not work anymore. They are depend now. Without the s.

Finn, this movie is comedy gold.

• minusculebeercheers 

(12-22-2020, 04:07 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: I watch maybe 4 movies in a year. If you leave out of the count the year i got the extended versions of all three Lord of the rings and The hobbit and binge watched them.

-The day after tomorrow
-Elysium

I loved "Equilibrium", but nowadays the vaccine mania cuts a little close to the bone of "The Dose"...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-22-2020, 05:35 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 05:30 PM)Finspiracy Wrote:

Finn, this movie is comedy gold.

Great! Great! Haha!

Also, your brother sounds like a really interesting and funny dude. A little bit like a real-life internet troll but with good will, not there to annoy.

-Jean-Paul Sartre